:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Ty Montgomery WR GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sat May 02, 2015 6:47 am

Great WR but drafted on a crowed WR team for now.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sat May 02, 2015 7:17 am

Hopefully he can at least be KR/PR as a rookie so Cobb doesn't have to PR.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sat May 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

Packers don't really have a lot of needs so the can afford to take a long flyer on a guy like this. He's no Cobb that's for sure and He's no better then anyone else on roster.......

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sat May 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

Packers don't really have a lot of needs so the can afford to take a long flyer on a guy like this.  He's no Cobb that's for sure and He's no better then anyone else on roster.......

Funny you should say that, the media here is comparing him to a bigger version of Cobb. With Rodgers at QB he'll be productive when given the chance.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:

Packers don't really have a lot of needs so the can afford to take a long flyer on a guy like this.  He's no Cobb that's for sure and He's no better then anyone else on roster.......

Funny you should say that, the media here is comparing him to a bigger version of Cobb. With Rodgers at QB he'll be productive when given the chance.

He's gonna have to get a lot of opportunity in the preseason cause the Packers are already have the issue of finding a way to get Janis on the field.... And I own Janis in both my leagues so Montgomery better not try and over take him or I'll call down the THUNDER.... raging

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Montgomery (property of Muskego Muskies) is running with the 1st team with Jordy down, WR #3 usually has at least 3 or 4 big games in the GB offense.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Montgomery (property of Muskego Muskies) is running with the 1st team with Jordy down, WR #3 usually has at least 3 or 4 big games in the GB offense.

Had this convo with my buddy today. It was a practice. Janis is the 3. Sorry to kill your dreams. laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)Ty Montgomery was operating as the Packers' No. 3 receiver in Tuesday's practice.
Analysis: With the Packers in a three-wide set, Montgomery lined up opposite Davante Adams while Randall Cobb manned the slot. It confirms Montgomery is getting the first crack to replace Jordy Nelson over Jeff Janis. Although Janis is a favorite of the Twitter metrics crowd, the Packers believe he's too inconsistent for a bigger role on offense. Janis could theoretically still overtake Montgomery with strong performances in Green Bay's final two preseason games, but a third-round pick, Montgomery is getting the benefit of the doubt.

Not doubting your Bud; but I see WR by committee.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Had this convo with my buddy today. It was a practice. Janis is the 3. Sorry to kill your dreams. laughing
That's cool I have him too. Sorry I think Montgomery will edge out Janis. I think he will be more reliable in Rodgers' eyes because Janis is as dumb as a box of rocks, but a box of rocks with potential.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm looking to cash out on both guys where I can. Trying to close a deal to flip Montgomery for Reuben Randle. May have to toss in a late round pick but trust Randle a lot more. But the potential is there for one of Janis or Montgomery to put up serviceable bye-week numbers -- this year. Next year, it's back to scratch.

Is it safe to assume that Abbredias is the forgotten man there?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:58 am

Abbe had another concussion this preseason which he already had a bunch of in college. I haven't heard one word about what's going on with him

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm looking to cash out on both guys where I can.  Trying to close a deal to flip Montgomery for Reuben Randle.  May have to toss in a late round pick but trust Randle a lot more.  But the potential is there for one of Janis or Montgomery to put up serviceable bye-week numbers -- this year.  Next year, it's back to scratch.  

Sorry to say, but yes. Abbs is behind Cobb, DaVante, Montgomery, Janis, and White. Unless we keep 6WR which I don't see happening, Abbs is toast. He has been sidelined but is taking the steps to get back, only problem is that it may be too late. Sucks, because you always cheer for the in-state guys to make the cut.

As to moving Monty for Randle, I think that is just silly.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:02 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm looking to cash out on both guys where I can.  Trying to close a deal to flip Montgomery for Reuben Randle.  May have to toss in a late round pick but trust Randle a lot more.  But the potential is there for one of Janis or Montgomery to put up serviceable bye-week numbers -- this year.  Next year, it's back to scratch.  

Sorry to say, but yes. Abbs is behind Cobb, DaVante, Montgomery, Janis, and White. Unless we keep 6WR which I don't see happening, Abbs is toast. He has been sidelined but is taking the steps to get back, only problem is that it may be too late. Sucks, because you always cheer for the in-state guys to make the cut.

As to moving Monty for Randle, I think that is just silly.

Call me silly, or Sally, or anything else.  In a 16-team PPR league, I just traded Montgomery and what should be a late (3.12-3.16) 2016 3rd for Randle.  That team could possibly compete this year but is more geared to the future.  Even if Montgomery becomes the unquestioned #3 in GB I can't see him having much value next year.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 am

I think Montgomery is more than you think next year...............3rd round pick by the Pack....they dont plan to let him sit and if they did it would be this year, not next IMO. They like this kid from what I have read.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:38 am

I think Montgomery is more than you think next year...............3rd round pick by the Pack....they dont plan to let him sit and if they did it would be this year, not next IMO.  They like this kid from what I have read.

Agreed that they like him, but unless they bring in Mouse Davis to run the offense I just don't see snaps available for him.  If we assume that Jordy comes back healthy and that the Pack doesn't cut or move on from Jordy or Cobb, Montgomery needs to outperform Jordy, Cobb, or Adams next year to get any significant playing time.  

I chased the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow last year with Janis and Abbredias (?) and ended up with a lot of wasted roster spots.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I think Montgomery is more than you think next year...............3rd round pick by the Pack....they dont plan to let him sit and if they did it would be this year, not next IMO.  They like this kid from what I have read.

Agreed that they like him, but unless they bring in Mouse Davis to run the offense I just don't see snaps available for him.  If we assume that Jordy comes back healthy and that the Pack doesn't cut or move on from Jordy or Cobb, Montgomery needs to outperform Jordy, Cobb, or Adams next year to get any significant playing time.  

I chased the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow last year with Janis and Abbredias (?) and ended up with a lot of wasted roster spots.

yes

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:09 am

Montgomery will still only be the 4th WR after this year.  I absolutely don't see him being better than Nelson, Cobb or Adams.  He might have a good stat line this year, but next year he will be pretty pedestrian.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:29 am

Montgomery back on the radar...Only two targets last week, but in on a majority of the offensive plays, and Rodgers flips him a TD.

Quote :
Davante Adams was sporting a boot on his injured left ankle on Wednesday.
He obviously didn't practice. Adams continues to insist he doesn't have a high ankle sprain despite strong signs to the contrary. Adams originally sprained the ankle in Week 2, and lasted only a few plays into last Monday night's win before bowing out. Our early expectation is that Adams will not play against the 49ers, with Ty Montgomery replacing him in three-wide sets.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:35 pm

ESPN Fantasy has granted Ty Montgomery position eligibility at running back.
Quote :
"I think he's a running back now," Aaron Rodgers said after the Packers' Week 7 win over the Bears. Montgomery has also been moved to running back on FanDuel, and will be moved to running back on Rotoworld's depth chart as well. Although Montgomery primarily remains a pass catcher, he has spent most of his time in the backfield over the past two games. He is an asset in PPR leagues. Ultimately, Montgomery has more fantasy value in wide receiver slots.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
"I think he's a running back now," Aaron Rodgers said after the Packers' Week 7 win over the Bears. Montgomery has also been moved to running back on FanDuel, and will be moved to running back on Rotoworld's depth chart as well. Although Montgomery primarily remains a pass catcher, he has spent most of his time in the backfield over the past two games. He is an asset in PPR leagues. Ultimately, Montgomery has more fantasy value in wide receiver slots.

I would really appreciate if Yahoo would do the same. In my redraft it would mean starting him as my RB2 and Dez as my flex as opposed to having to play McKinnon or West as my RB2 and deciding between Dez and Montgomery at flex.
Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :

I would really appreciate if Yahoo would do the same.  In my redraft it would mean starting him as my RB2 and Dez as my flex as opposed to having to play McKinnon or West as my RB2 and deciding between Dez and Montgomery at flex.

This will definitely make for some fun/interesting combinations.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:57 am

Damn, guess I am not going to get my wish unless the Packers make a change to their depth chart.

Yahoo!: wrote:
Update: At this time, Ty Montgomery will remain WR eligible only. If and when the Packers list him at RB, Yahoo will update his position. See more details.
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 am

I think they said that Yahoo is the only site not to update.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:04 am

I read on DLF that MFL would not make the change either, but would allow commissioners to make the change, or would allow commissioners to set rules which would allow the owner to decide whether or not to designate him as a WR or RB. He is still listed as a WR on the roster of the team that owns him in my MFL league.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 am

Huh,guess I heard wrong. This all reminds me of that first year Colston was listed as TE/WR and people capitalized off of it. I did not. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 am

I think it's a lot about nothing. Terrelle Pryor has played several positions but he's a WR according to the team. Just because he's being utilized in other areas doesn't mean much IMO. JJ Watt has played several positions...should he be changeable too?

On MFL, commissioners are making a mistake if they are changing the position of a player if you ask me. That's a can of worms that one doesn't need to open.

Montgomery is a WR....who's being utilized differently right now. If that's how it's going to remain then I'll bet next year he gets changed to a RB.

If Edelman would have had to play QB a few weeks back, that would have been a nice little bonus to his owners seeing as he's a WR. Should leagues have changed his designation to QB that week? Fuck no.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I think it's a lot about nothing.  Terrelle Pryor has played several positions but he's a WR according to the team.  Just because he's being utilized in other areas doesn't mean much IMO.  JJ Watt has played several positions...should he be changeable too?

On MFL, commissioners are making a mistake if they are changing the position of a player if you ask me.  That's a can of worms that one doesn't need to open.

Montgomery is a WR....who's being utilized differently right now.  If that's how it's going to remain then I'll bet next year he gets changed to a RB.

If Edelman would have had to play QB a few weeks back, that would have been a nice little bonus to his owners seeing as he's a WR.  Should leagues have changed his designation to QB that week?  Fuck no.

I certainly see that perspective, but when his QB calls him an RB I think that changes something or at least speaks to how the team views him. No one was clamoring for Edelman to be labeled a QB because it was obviously a one game fix for a guy who would return to WR the first chance he got. Watt has some gadget plays where he might play WR/TE, but that is extremely infrequent. I am not so sure that will be the case with Montgomery. He has already handled 80% of the snaps at RB for the last two games based on what I have read. Rotoworld lists him as a RB now and has him listed on both the WR and RB depth charts for the Packers. I obviously have a vested interest because I would love for him to be my RB2 on my redraft team, but I don't think it is as simple as comparing him to Edelman or Watt. Pryor is an interesting case because he plays so many different positions, but again I think most of his snaps consistently come at WR, whereas right now, most of Montgomery's snaps are consistently coming at RB.

I am curious, if GB lists an official depth chart with him as an RB and an RB only, would that change your mind?
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:13 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I think it's a lot about nothing.  Terrelle Pryor has played several positions but he's a WR according to the team.  Just because he's being utilized in other areas doesn't mean much IMO.  JJ Watt has played several positions...should he be changeable too?

On MFL, commissioners are making a mistake if they are changing the position of a player if you ask me.  That's a can of worms that one doesn't need to open.

Montgomery is a WR....who's being utilized differently right now.  If that's how it's going to remain then I'll bet next year he gets changed to a RB.

If Edelman would have had to play QB a few weeks back, that would have been a nice little bonus to his owners seeing as he's a WR.  Should leagues have changed his designation to QB that week?  Fuck no.

I certainly see that perspective, but when his QB calls him an RB I think that changes something or at least speaks to how the team views him.  No one was clamoring for Edelman to be labeled a QB because it was obviously a one game fix for a guy who would return to WR the first chance he got.  Watt has some gadget plays where he might play WR/TE, but that is extremely infrequent.  I am not so sure that will be the case with Montgomery.  He has already handled 80% of the snaps at RB for the last two games based on what I have read.  Rotoworld lists him as a RB now and has him listed on both the WR and RB depth charts for the Packers.  I obviously have a vested interest because I would love for him to be my RB2 on my redraft team, but I don't think it is as simple as comparing him to Edelman or Watt.  Pryor is an interesting case because he plays so many different positions, but again I think most of his snaps consistently come at WR, whereas right now, most of Montgomery's snaps are consistently coming at RB.

I am curious, if GB lists an official depth chart with him as an RB and an RB only, would that change your mind?

1. I'm not as up-to-date on Montgomery's recent snap counts and all of that or the media stuff like what Rodgers said.
2. On a commissioner level, I believe screwing with player eligibility is as unwise as it gets. Can of worms.
3. Whatever a player is listed as to start the season is good enough for me, even if a change occurs. It could in theory help/hurt anyone so it's fair and everyone deals with it.
4. If the NFL team changes the players designation AND the service provider (in our case MFL) follows suit then again, we roll accordingly as that can help/hurt anyone and we all just deal with it.
5. If the NFL team changes the designation but the service provider (in our case MFL) does not, then we deal with it as-is because that can help/hurt anyone and we all just deal with it.

Really the same stance I have when it comes to players being marked as NFLFA's or on/off injured reserve. If someone wants to convince MFL to change shit then they can but for a commissioner to "play fantasy god" and change shit is unwise if you ask me and the downside isn't worth whatever personal upside might come from it.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am

You know that the minute he gets RB tag, he'll get hurt and it won't matter.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:46 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
You know that the minute he gets RB tag, he'll get hurt and it won't matter.

Given what is going on in GB this year, you are probably right.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Zero chance where I commish will I be making any changes to his category manually.  If MFL does I will abide by the change, but I am not doing it.  Seen discussions in leagues about this already.  

My name is Wes and I am not in this mess.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:48 pm

I don't get it... It's not like the guy is getting 20-30 carries a game. He's had 3 carries and 9 carries so far. He's gotten 10 dump off passes per game... Sounds more like a slot guy than a RB. Dumbass DFLs.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:57 am

At this point, just glad I own him. Need all the help I can get.

I don't see MFL changing his designation, for what it's worth, which isn't a lot.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Fun to watch...reminds a bit of how Percy Harvin was used...(the few times he was healthy.   laughing ).

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Well he didn't play today so all that debate for nothing.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:16 pm

I love these late scratches, seems like I have one every week so my teams hangs a zero. AWESOME!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I love these late scratches, seems like I have one every week so my teams hangs a zero. AWESOME!

Yea, it sucks especially in a late game and so many byes... Leaves an empty cupboard.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Fucked over a few DFS lineups for me. News came out right after they locked

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:39 pm

I got him out in one, but didn't hit universal switch so he stayed in one. In the long run it didn't make a difference for me as I missed the $$ even in the lineup I switched.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Ty Montgomery has been dealing with a "kidney-related" ailment, and his Week 8 deactivation was deemed "precautionary."
That's about all the information that is known at the moment. It doesn't sound serious, and appears more-so a case of the Packers playing it safe. Knile Davis and Don Jackson are filling in Week 8. Consider Montgomery questionable for Week 9 in another mouthwatering matchup with the Colts.

Hope its not long term...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:04 am

Quote :
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Ty Montgomery will remain a running back moving forward.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Ty Montgomery will remain a running back moving forward.

Still think Packers will draft a RB, high. 1st or 2nd I reckon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ty Montgomery WR GB   

Back to top Go down

Ty Montgomery WR GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: