View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri May 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Bad spot IMO.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 pm

He will slide into a committee with Freeman, it is no secret that the Falcons didn't think that Freeman was a true 3 down back. Not a bad spot, but not a great spot either...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 am

I like it. Early down work for Coleman with Freeman as the 3rd down back. One of the better landing spots available for a RB to play right away.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Sat May 02, 2015 6:26 am

England Dragons wrote:
I like it. Early down work for Coleman with Freeman as the 3rd down back. One of the better landing spots available for a RB to play right away.

agree I like is potential here.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 am

Very nice spot for him. He will be given a chance to prove he can be an every down back as Shannahan will try to make him one.

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Mon May 04, 2015 9:47 pm

I love this spot and pick. Give me some T Coleman!

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Tue May 05, 2015 1:06 pm

The Falcons issue over the past few years has been their inability to run the football...  As long as the O-line can make holes Coleman will challenge Gordon for top Rookie RB of the 2015 season....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Tue May 05, 2015 1:45 pm

I still don't think that Coleman just steps in here and surpasses Freeman and becomes a feature back, I think Coleman and Freeman are going to head up a committee in ATL.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Tue May 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I still don't think that Coleman just steps in here and surpasses Freeman and becomes a feature back,    I think Coleman and Freeman are going to head up a committee in ATL.

agreed but Freeman is going to be nothing but a change of pace and pass catching back.

If Coleman isn't the clear starter day 1 he will be by week 3.  He's light years better then Freeman.....

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Wed May 06, 2015 2:06 pm

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution projects Tevin Coleman as 1A on the depth chart and Devonta Freeman as 1B.
Coleman, the third-round rookie out of Indiana,
brings superior physical skills to the table. The diminutive Freeman will remain in the mix as a change-of-pace option and potential third-down back. Homerun hitter Antone Smith also figures to get some chances. But as long as Coleman keeps his nose in front of this committee, he'll have serious upside thanks in large part to the presence of run-game guru Kyle Shanahan.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
May 5 - 9:21 AM

Believe That........

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 6:08 am

This is still a RBBC year for these RBs IMO.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

The season may start that way but by week 3 or 4 the plan will change. I really really liked Coleman before the draft and even more after. He's gonna be a star in ATL.... By the end of his career he will be the best ATL RB in history of the franchise...

He's a cheap mans AP

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 9:38 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

The season may start that way but by week 3 or 4 the plan will change.  I really really liked Coleman before the draft and even more after.  He's gonna be a star in ATL....  By the end of his career he will be the best ATL RB in history of the franchise...

He's a cheap mans AP

Coleman tends to be a bit polarizing... the people that like him, really like him, and then there are the people that don't like him... Its not that I don't like him, because I actually do, but I obviously don't see him the way you do, making any sort of comparison to AP is crazy to me, I don't see it... and while there are certainly players who outperform their draft position every year, the fact still remains that he was passed on until the 3rd round in the NFL draft... If he was seen as a surefire NFL star he surely would have gone higher.

I also think people are completely discounting Freeman, I don't think he is destined for stardom or anything but I think he is way better than most people think, and I believe the Falcons agree, which is why I see a role for both players. Now certainly if Coleman far outperforms Freeman during the season that could change, I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion like you do.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 pm

He reminds me more of Alfred Morris than Adrian Peterson.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

The season may start that way but by week 3 or 4 the plan will change.  I really really liked Coleman before the draft and even more after.  He's gonna be a star in ATL....  By the end of his career he will be the best ATL RB in history of the franchise...

He's a cheap mans AP

Coleman tends to be a bit polarizing...   the people that like him,  really like him,  and then there are the people that don't like him...   Its not that I don't like him,   because I actually do,   but I obviously don't see him the way you do,   making any sort of comparison to AP is crazy to me,   I don't see it...   and while there are certainly players who outperform their draft position every year,   the fact still remains that he was passed on until the 3rd round in the NFL draft...   If he was seen as a surefire NFL star he surely would have gone higher.    

I also think people are completely discounting Freeman,   I don't think he is destined for stardom or anything but I think he is way better than most people think,   and I believe the Falcons agree,   which is why I see a role for both players.   Now certainly if Coleman far outperforms Freeman during the season that could change,   I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion like you do.

he runs a lot like AP in the manner he looks for contact rather then go out of bounds and runs strait up and down like AP.  If he gets through the line he's gonna make a lot of DB's shit when they see him coming and they are tasked with trying to take him down

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Coleman was my #3 rated RB before the draft and tied for #1 after with Gordon.  Time will tell if I'm dead wrong with this guy but I just don't think I'm gonna be.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:00 am

Agree with Shawn on this one. Absolute stud. Will push Gurley for best back in this class.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 am

I think TJ Yeldon has a chance to be the best back in this class. Sans fubleitis.

Notice on both of those plays Colman didn't have a defender within 10 feet of the holes he ran through. He should be good, but I'm hoping he won't being the owner of Freeman.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:58 am

Coleman is certainly a home run hitter and he is fast, but the more I have studied him after the draft the more I am convinced he is overrated. He is a bit stiff hipped and I don't see alot of power or balance with his style of running. Also he ran a gap based system in college where you make one choice and hit the hole and go, and when the hole was there (like on the gif plays above) he looked like a superstar, but on the plays where it wasn't there I didn't see anything special or gamebreaking about him. What is curious to me is how many people are thinking that Coleman is a good fit in ATL , but ATL will run a zone based scheme that is predicated on patience and decision making, and I didn't see enough of this from Coleman to think he is a great fit in that type of scheme, I actually think Freeman is a better fit for the type of scheme that ATL wants to run and I still see a committee in ATL. His pass blocking skills are also a big question mark at this point...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:58 am

I have no faith in any Alabama RB's

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I think TJ Yeldon has a chance to be the best back in this class. Sans fubleitis.

Notice on both of those plays Colman didn't have a defender within 10 feet of the holes he ran through. He should be good, but I'm hoping he won't being the owner of Freeman.

Gordon and Yeldon are my two favorite RB's from this class, of course I like Gurley as well and he may well be the most talented but I just like Gordon and Yeldon more, I think all 3 of these guys have a chance to be really special players in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am

I think when AP came out they said similar things and that he will never last cause he runs too strait up and down.

Coleman has a lot of AP's characteristics and I'm eager to see if I'm right or wrong on this guy. It won't take long to find out...

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:48 pm

I would take Coleman over Yeldon at this point and was my #3 as well.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Love me some Coleman.. got him with the 1st pick of the 2nd round recently... what a freakin steal at that spot

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:45 am

That's a great spot! Stole him there.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:31 am

Opportunity knocks...

Quote :
Falcons listed rookie RB Tevin Coleman as the starting running back on their official depth chart.
With Devonta Freeman still hampered by a hamstring injury, Coleman will get the start against the Eagles. It is a tough matchup against one of the best front sevens in the league, but Coleman has the big-play ability to be useful as an RB3/FLEX play. Coleman could run away with the job if he shines Monday night.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Opportunity knocks...

Quote :
Falcons listed rookie RB Tevin Coleman as the starting running back on their official depth chart.
With Devonta Freeman still hampered by a hamstring injury, Coleman will get the start against the Eagles. It is a tough matchup against one of the best front sevens in the league, but Coleman has the big-play ability to be useful as an RB3/FLEX play. Coleman could run away with the job if he shines Monday night.

Meh, I just can't get excited about Coleman...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Opportunity knocks...

Quote :

Meh,   I just can't get excited about Coleman...  

Me either......

And I own him. Drafted him as BPA but really doubting that was true now.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Opportunity knocks...

Quote :

Meh,   I just can't get excited about Coleman...  

Me either......

And I own him.  Drafted him as BPA but really doubting that was true now.

All yee of little faith..... The Gordon has looked this

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Looked damn good and scored like a starter should in a limited role. Could be the steal of the draft....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:45 pm

He did look very good. But that whole Eagle defense is a mess and the Falcons walked over them like a cheap rug.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:27 am

Injured ribs. Likely out a week or two.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tevin Coleman RB ATL   

Back to top Go down

Tevin Coleman RB ATL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum