Johnson and Coleman suck fun dance

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Yeah I like Abdullah better than both.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 pm

He will be a nice COP forming a 1-2 punch with Bell. I just wonder what that means for Riddick, I suppose he loses his 3rd down role...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sat May 02, 2015 6:17 am

Kid just made a jump on fantasy draft boards-----but how far up did he move is the question. Crowded backfield but a great landing spot.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 am

Agree that it's a 1-2 punch will Bell - Abdullah now. Theo Riddick relegated to back-up / occasional touches.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:23 am

Quote :
Detroit Lions rookie RB Ameer Abdullah has already caught the attention of QB Matthew Stafford. 'I think he has great balance. He's obviously a low-to-the-ground guy. He seems to hide pretty well behind [the offensive line] and he's got good vision,' Stafford said. Stafford also praised Abdullah for his pass-catching ability, including his hands and route-running.

rock on

This kid is going to be electric. Can't wait to see him in action.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:29 am

Especially with the J. Bell news that he is starting slow

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:34 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

I've always liked Bell but he has only ever been adequate. He's not a special talent or a game changer. He's good but not great. Ameer is special IMO.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:00 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

I've always liked Bell but he has only ever been adequate.  He's not a special talent or a game changer.  He's good but not great.  Ameer is special IMO.  
how would you like it if someone said that about YOU?!? jeeez... meanie

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

I've always liked Bell but he has only ever been adequate.  He's not a special talent or a game changer.  He's good but not great.  Ameer is special IMO.  

Hey, when you're right, you're right high five

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Hey, when you're right, you're right high five

Laughing

He's a million times the football player I'll ever be.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 am

Quote :
Detroit Lions RB Joique Bell's health will be a concern until the Lions see him back on the field, according to offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Fantasy owners need to have rookie Ameer Abdullah on the radar. Right now, Abdullah is coming off the board at RB28 while Bell is coming off at RB27 in 12-team PPR leagues. Bell suffered Achilles' and knee injuries last season, but still managed nearly 1,200 total yards and eight total touchdowns. Watch Bell's status in training camp to determine his level of play by the time the regular season gets here.

Ameer... this is it. This is your time. Joqiue Bell is hurt... you're coming into a high powered offense helmed by one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time... Matthew Stafford. Not only that the best wide reciever duo in the league is taking pressure off the line. Golden "Solid Gold" Tate and Calvin "Megatron" Johnson.

Your time is now.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Quote :
Detroit Lions RB Joique Bell's health will be a concern until the Lions see him back on the field, according to offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Fantasy owners need to have rookie Ameer Abdullah on the radar. Right now, Abdullah is coming off the board at RB28 while Bell is coming off at RB27 in 12-team PPR leagues. Bell suffered Achilles' and knee injuries last season, but still managed nearly 1,200 total yards and eight total touchdowns. Watch Bell's status in training camp to determine his level of play by the time the regular season gets here.

Ameer... this is it.  This is your time.  Joqiue Bell is hurt... you're coming into a high powered offense helmed by one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time... Matthew Stafford.  Not only that the best wide reciever duo in the league is taking pressure off the line.  Golden "Solid Gold" Tate and Calvin "Megatron" Johnson.  

Your time is now.

I literally laughed out loud at your entire post! lol 2

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Didn't Daniel Bryan whip John Cena's ass?

As for Ameer, I think he will do some really big things in Detroit. Not Daniel Bryan type big things like winning a championship and marrying a Bella twin but big things that make fantasy owners happy none the less.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

happy to have this guy in at least one league... sadly not this one...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:08 am

Man, everyone but me is extremely high on Ameer. Do people think he will be a fantasy contributor this year already, or just future?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:10 am

PPR beast right out of the gate. Book it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 am

PPR beast right out of the gate.  Book it.

See I could see him catching 35 balls, but only having like 300 yards rushing. 2015 is Bell year.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
PPR beast right out of the gate.  Book it.

See I could see him catching 35 balls, but only having like 300 yards rushing. 2015 is Bell year.

good post

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 am

I think he should be, meh. I think Stafford is extremely overrated. Do the Lions really run a good screen offense?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:41 am

Reggie Bush had a lot of receptions, but I think he is more dynamic than Ameer, just my viewpoint. I don't know, I could be wrong but I just don't see him being a quality start in year 1 for sure, and not anything special in his career. But again, I am in the minority.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 am

I like Ameer and picked him up in a couple of leagues where I already had Bell... I am worried about a full on RBBC, which in a pass first offense really limits both players fantasy impact.

I don't really see either guy getting the bulk of the work, but in Bell's favor he is going to get the goal line work and therefore score the manority of the TDs on the ground...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't really see either guy getting the bulk of the work,   but in Bell's favor he is going to get the goal line work and therefore score the manority of the TDs on the ground...

I agree with this. Both could have big games here and there in which help your team out, and you need to have guys like this on your roster. They can't all be studs. I actually feel that Bell can be a serviceable start for the majority of 2015.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 pm

(Rotoworld): ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein says there seems to be more concern with Joique Bell's health this year than in 2014.

Analysis: In 2014, Bell missed most of the offseason due to a knee issue but still played in 15 games and logged 257 touches. This year's Achilles' and knee ailments appear more serious. Joique is expected to be eased in slowly as camp opens next week and his progress will be worth watching closely. He's currently being overdrafted at a fifth-round ADP while dynamic rookie Ameer Abdullah is going a round later.

In my eyes, what makes AA special is his ability to make people miss.  He rarely takes a full on hit, and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.  At Nebraska, 1600-plus yards each of the last two seasons...Perhaps not a full-time back, yet...But, Stafford seems to favor the screen game, and he will get plenty of work.  If Bell's injuries linger, maybe more...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:50 am

Some early pre-season accolades:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/08/detroit-lions-ameer-abdullah-training-camp/31360569/

Detroit Free Press wrote:

Curtis Modkins had just spent six minutes tempering expectations for Ameer Abdullah, explaining how it’s a week into training camp and the rookie running back is still learning the offense, when Teryl Austin walked by and blew his cover.

“We can’t even tackle that guy,” Austin said without breaking stride. “We can’t even touch him. He’s like grasping at air.”

“Abdullah?” a reporter asked.

Austin lifted his right hand high in the air, gave a thumbs-up and kept on toward the locker room.

The Lions don’t want to say too much publicly, understandable considering the bubbly feelings they had about Mikel Leshoure (before a torn Achilles ruined his rookie season) and Jahvid Best (before concussions ended his career). But if early returns are any indication, they might have found the perfect complement to their offense when they took Abdullah in the second round in this year’s draft.

After Calvin Johnson, who makes at least one amazing catch per practice, Abdullah has been the most eye-popping player in the first week of training camp and it isn’t particularly close.

Clipped the rest of the article...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 am

Still not sold. They can write all the crap they want.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:58 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Still not sold. They can write all the crap they want.

funny post      doh

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 am

You never know with beat writer stories, with deadlines and an insatiable appetite for insider info, the beat writers have to keep something coming and do it fast and furiously... Last week it was concern over Joique Bell's injury progress and this week the story was that he is 'progressing quickly'... which is it? both? neither?

That said, all the training camp praise surely is a good thing, I am sure it is not completely made up, and it can't be ignored, but it isn't the whole story and it should be tempered a bit, personally I like to wait until the preseason games and see how players do there in live game situations... Some of these guys are great in practice in shorts with little to no contact, the real test is when the pads are on in real game situations...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:47 am

Ameer is a fucking stud. One day you'll realize.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 pm

The biggest issue is pass blocking. If he can pass block, he could have a really good year. Bell can't seem to stay healthy. Riddick will still be 3rd down back, so not sure how many catches he gets.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Talk of the town tonight. Maybe Justin finally got one right wink

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Don't forget about me RWTC 

high five

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Game stats: 6 carries for 22 yards.

Oh yeah, and that 45 yard run too.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 pm

I wasn't going to be the one to bring it up. I wanted all of you to bathe in the Ameer glory. Honestly this is one of the best cuts I've ever seen.

http://streamable.com/cq20

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:01 pm

That was a nice cut. I'm sure it's simply my Joique Bell ownership fogging my vision, but I'm still not completely sold on Abdullah. He's trending upwards no doubt, but my concerns are still there. He did very well on this outside run, but I haven't seen him fare too well inside. Maybe he can make his money running outside, but I'd like to see him do better inside before I'm willing to give him a green light. I just don't want to give up on Bell I guess Laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:06 am

He certainly made some nice plays (and he didn't fumble)! If Bell wasn't feeling the heat before, he probably is now. I still this as a RBBC though...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:34 am

I knew this would be a popular place to post this morning. His stats were pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:46 am

No doubt Abdullah was the talk of the night

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:03 am

I rarely discuss guys I like a lot unless I own them in both of my leagues but I really like this kid and have for some time. I wasn't able to draft him with the picks I had though and I don't see any glimmer of hope of acquiring him so I am left watching from the sideline. While the summer was filled with talk of Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley, my eye was on this kid. Like Shawn, as an owner of Bell (other league) I had hoped AA wouldn't get off to a fast start for two reasons...obviously I would like Bell to get some work done for me...and a slower start could open the door to acquire AA for myself....

Don't watch the preseason games so thanks for the highlight clip Justin.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 am

So you've left me out here all alone, all this time, speaking the wonders of Ameer without support?!

For shame.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 pm

So you've left me out here all alone, all this time, speaking the wonders of Ameer without support?!  

For shame.

Yes and I wanted to turn off your mic too. Now it seems like there is no silencing the hype.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

For shame.

Yes and I wanted to turn off your mic too.  Now it seems like there is no silencing the hype.

YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE ABDULLAH TRAIN!

Defensive coordinators watching the tape all be like...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 pm

I love those sandman videos. Did you get that off the Den?

He used to post lots of videos that were the "slow motion highlights" of Lion games, but got a cease and desist from the NFL after it started getting a ton of views on youtube.. I think he still posts them privately though. they are cool to check out after every game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:08 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/

troll

My favorite Lions hangout.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Going into rookie drafts this year I had him above Yeldon and most likely above Gordon (who was on my do not draft list). And far ahead of Coleman, another player I refused to draft. After seeing him in action it looks like he might really be the 2nd best back in this class.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Only a pre-season game...But great start. Drafted him where I could, but was thinking more long term. Thought they would mix him in with Theo; but with Bell hurting, looks like they really want to see what he's got. Could be in for a big year if Bell remains gimpy.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:08 pm

The lions haven't had a reliable RB since Barry Sanders....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 pm

So, no more comments after tonights 2 carry for 7 yards performance serving as the #2 RB behind Theo Riddick? After last weeks game I could have sworn that Abdullah was the new 1.01! laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ameer Abdullah RB DET   

Back to top Go down

Ameer Abdullah RB DET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: