Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Rams fired coach Jeff Fisher.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

EDIT: Whoops, looks like you beat me to it Bill.

This shit is funny. I can't wait to hear Andy's comment.

I need to carve out some kind of role in the forum.  Beating you to a post after an NFL.com alert by a few seconds seems like a good enough one for now.  

I too can't wait until Andy sees the post.  eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Had to post the roto writeup because I laughed through most of it. Really funny.

Rams fired coach Jeff Fisher.
Quote :
In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes four days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his to lose for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, and proceeded to make it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and draft capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, mismanaging the clock and overseeing a calvacade of idiotic penalties. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning them up." No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Damn, he wont get to set the record. Signed a two year extension and in less than two weeks he gets fired. That has to be some kind of record though right?

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Yeah, pretty classless move by the Rams to pull him just before he could set the record. wink

I was hoping that with the short week, that they'd keep him on to lose to the Seahawks and then let him go. Win-win.. Rams get rid of Fisher and he holds the suck record all to himself.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Hearing some Jim Harbaugh to Rams rumors... For the sake of the UofM commits, I hope not. I hate when a college coach leaves for the NFL after kids have signed on.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:22 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Hearing some Jim Harbaugh to Rams rumors...  For the sake of the UofM commits, I hope not.  I hate when a college coach leaves for the NFL after kids have signed on.

There is no way Harbaugh leaves.  

Those rumors are wishful thinking by the NFL media and fans (all 3 of them) of the Rams.

and saw this on Twitter from a St. Louis Local Fox affiliate. lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:30 pm

1. Obviously I'm happy to see this assclown get the boot. When people suck at what they do they should be fired and I don't see enough of that across the board.

2. But now I have other questions...wtf!?!?!...what's up with the owners/management? Seriously...I think these fucking people are just as dumb so not sure this change is actually going to be as good as we would think. The fact that they gave him an extension is red flag number 1 and now they already fired him? So who is pulling the strings? Who changed their mind? What the serious fuck could have changed on their end in that amount of time?

I smell stupid and it's thicker than just the usual after fumes of Jeff Fisher being in the hizzy.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
1. Obviously I'm happy to see this assclown get the boot.  When people suck at what they do they should be fired and I don't see enough of that across the board.

2. But now I have other questions...wtf!?!?!...what's up with the owners/management?  Seriously...I think these fucking people are just as dumb so not sure this change is actually going to be as good as we would think.  The fact that they gave him an extension is red flag number 1 and now they already fired him?  So who is pulling the strings? Who changed their mind?  What the serious fuck could have changed on their end in that amount of time?

I smell stupid and it's thicker than just the usual after fumes of Jeff Fisher being in the hizzy.

I think this EXT was actually signed at the beginning of if not before this season started - if that makes any difference for ya

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
1. Obviously I'm happy to see this assclown get the boot.  When people suck at what they do they should be fired and I don't see enough of that across the board.

2. But now I have other questions...wtf!?!?!...what's up with the owners/management?  Seriously...I think these fucking people are just as dumb so not sure this change is actually going to be as good as we would think.  The fact that they gave him an extension is red flag number 1 and now they already fired him?  So who is pulling the strings? Who changed their mind?  What the serious fuck could have changed on their end in that amount of time?

I think this EXT was actually signed at the beginning of if not before this season started - if that makes any difference for ya

There was extension talks back at the beginning of the season, but I don't know if it ever happened or not.  He did just sign a 2 year extension though, so I guessing nothing happened earlier.  Although like you, I thought the extension was already done earlier in the year.

As for today's news, I was working all day driving in the truck and I usually have some sports radio on,  I hear the news, and I swear to God, I wanted to pull over, get on RW, and see what Andy had to say. That was my first thought when I heard. lol3 

Actually, I agree completely with your Point #2.  Who the hell in the organization even thinks about an extension for this guy?  Give it to him?  And then dump him right after?  Something definitely messed up with the entire organization.  Won't be long before they're playing to a half empty stadium if they don't get some sort of direction figured out for the franchise.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 am

Strange to do it before a Seahawks game - they always seem to beat Seattle.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:16 am

I'll add this thought....

I am usually one of the first people to make fun of the dimwit fucks that riot and burn their city down over protest shit (you all know what I'm talking about)....

But....if there is ever a time where it'll make sense....ever.....

it would be if the Browns organization finds a way to hire Jeff Fisher as their head coach. Seriously, if that were to happen Cleveland should riot, burn their city to the ground (no hyperbole), pack up their shit, shake hands and everyone walk in different directions so that there will never be another Cleveland again.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:41 am

I like Hue Jackson at Cleveland.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:44 am

England Dragons wrote:
Strange to do it before a Seahawks game - they always seem to beat Seattle.

Stranger to me is he never had one winning season. I MEAN I dont pay attention to every team's coaching records and assumed the Browns were the only ones that could say this and not for the lack of trying, just easy to know their coaches dont have winning records.

But the Rams not having one under Fisher caught me by surprise.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Love the way they did it! The guy is an absolute disgrace to the NFL on how bad of a coach he is. I hope this dip shit doesn't get another head coaching job, EVER!!!!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Love the way they did it!  The guy is an absolute disgrace to the NFL on how bad of a coach he is.  I hope this dip shit doesn't get another head coaching job, EVER!!!!

I doubt he will

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Hearing some Jim Harbaugh to Rams rumors...  For the sake of the UofM commits, I hope not.  I hate when a college coach leaves for the NFL after kids have signed on.

There is no way Harbaugh leaves.  

Those rumors are wishful thinking by the NFL media and fans (all 3 of them) of the Rams.

Harbaugh responding to the rumors... I'm so glad he's Michigan's coach. rock on

"I'm not leaving Michigan. Not even considering it. A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies, from coaches, you know the names. You know the top three coaches I'm talking about. We know them as jive turkeys .... That's the way it is."

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:29 pm

I think that Harbaugh is completely bonkers.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sometimes I think the exact same thing, then other times I wonder if it's bonkers in a genius way?  That's probably a fine line.  I'm starting to lean more towards the crazy side. laughing shrug   If he used the term "jive turkey" rofl  I haven't heard that in forever.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Huh?? confused..................  lol3

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 am

Their new head coach is 30. There is a player older than him. If you get a chance, look at some of the tweets about this, some of them are pretty funny.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:11 am

I like Mcvay a lot from his time with the skins, but dont think he was quite ready for a gig like this. I guess time will tell, but I hope he didn't get in over his head in a way that fucks up his career trajectory

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 am

This dude is too young IMO. Hell, probably 10 guys on the team are older than him, and another 15 are within a year or two. This hiring is not gonna end well.

In 20 years say hello to the "San Diego Rams."

wink

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Guess I'm just catching on that Wade Phillips is the new DC in LA... Not sure why it didn't register with me before today when I was looking at some rosters, but I'd imagine there could be some pretty big changes to their D-line. I assume Robert Quinn will be classified as a LB and Aaron Donald will switch to a DE. Donald will still have good value, but not like he did as a DT and Quinn, well, that sucks for him. Probably doesn't impact Ogletree and Barron too much either as I'm sure they'll man the two ILB spots.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Guess I'm just catching on that Wade Phillips is the new DC in LA... Not sure why it didn't register with me before today when I was looking at some rosters, but I'd imagine there could be some pretty big changes to their D-line.  I assume Robert Quinn will be classified as a LB and Aaron Donald will switch to a DE.  Donald will still have good value, but not like he did as a DT and Quinn, well, that sucks for him.  Probably doesn't impact Ogletree and Barron too much either as I'm sure they'll man the two ILB spots.

Nailed it. Quinn takes a huge hit and Donald to a lesser degree. He'll just be a good DE rather than a great DT now.

Coaching / scheme changes are the one thing that sucks about IDP with the ability to change value so quickly.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Guess I'm just catching on that Wade Phillips is the new DC in LA... Not sure why it didn't register with me before today when I was looking at some rosters, but I'd imagine there could be some pretty big changes to their D-line.  I assume Robert Quinn will be classified as a LB and Aaron Donald will switch to a DE.  Donald will still have good value, but not like he did as a DT and Quinn, well, that sucks for him.  Probably doesn't impact Ogletree and Barron too much either as I'm sure they'll man the two ILB spots.

I'm actually interested to see if Barron can handle playing inside. Seems a bit undersized to me. Playing OLB in a 4-3 is different than inside in a 3-4.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 pm

The opening of the Rams' new stadium in Inglewood, Cal. has been delayed from 2019 to 2020.
The delay has been blamed on "record rainfall" during the "mass excavation phase" of the 70,240-seat stadium.

How much rain would you need to delay a whole year?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
The opening of the Rams' new stadium in Inglewood, Cal. has been delayed from 2019 to 2020.
The delay has been blamed on "record rainfall" during the "mass excavation phase" of the 70,240-seat stadium.

When I watched the NFL network last night they were talking about this. They said that it was supposed to start in January and they didn't start until March and having been working around the clock. I'm not wiz but I don't see 2 months being the same as a whole year. The only thing I can think of is they planned to be done for the beginning of the season that year so now they won't be. In that case they just take their sweet time and get it all right and open in plenty of time the following year.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 pm

I think the bigger concern is the loss of revenue from hosting a Superbowl...greedy bastards. money eyes   lol3

Quote :
 The delay also could jeopardize the Rams' plans to host Super Bowl LV (55) on Feb. 7, 2021 _ or at the conclusion of the 2020 season. One of the NFL's criteria for hosting a Super Bowl is that a stadium must be open for two seasons before it can host a Super Bowl.

That no longer is feasible for the Inglewood stadium due to the one-year construction delay. According to a league executive, a waiver of the two-year rule would be needed by the league in order for Inglewood to still host Super Bowl LV, something that would have to come from league ownership.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri May 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

When I watched the NFL network last night they were talking about this.  They said that it was supposed to start in January and they didn't start until March and having been working around the clock.  I'm not wiz but I don't see 2 months being the same as a whole year.  The only thing I can think of is they planned to be done for the beginning of the season that year so now they won't be.  In that case they just take their sweet time and get it all right and open in plenty of time the following year.

The report I saw said that the original timeline was already very aggressive for a new stadium opening. They probably needed everything to go perfectly to meet the deadline, but now with this rain have just decided to take their time and push it back a year.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Being that it is LA and the league has wanted that market for so long, I am sure NFL owners will work around it and bring the Super Bowl to the LA crowd.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: