Share | 

Los Angeles Rams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:54 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I "think" Corey and Brian are both Rams fans... Wonder what the local thoughts are on the move.  

Frankly, I think they should let them move.  Seems the good people of St.L  have supported multiple teams.. rams/cards etc...

I would like to see the Rams build a soccer only facility - yeah, I know, I'm one of the only soccer guys here, but with Kansas City being the hub of all things US soccer, I think St. Louis could be on the cusp of a) getting an MLS team and b) having a facility that is just for soccer that lots of competitions will use.  They could be one of the leaders for having a great soccer facility.

This upcoming summer is one of the largest international soccer tournaments - the Copa - it's all the countries of North, South, and Central America playing in a mini-world cup.  Unfortunately, a lot of those games are going to be played in a Football stadium where they put down grass over turf.   The more soccer dedicated facilities the US has, the more chances to get great tournaments like this.

Ummmm... Huge soccer guy here. That would be awesome, I just don't see it. They could be trailblazers and do it to make that decision, but eh. I just struggle to see awesome things like this happen with our sport.

And I cannot wait for the Copa. Might go to Chicago on June 7th, USMNT plays at Soldier.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I "think" Corey and Brian are both Rams fans... Wonder what the local thoughts are on the move.  

Frankly, I think they should let them move.  Seems the good people of St.L  have supported multiple teams.. rams/cards etc...

I would like to see the Rams build a soccer only facility - yeah, I know, I'm one of the only soccer guys here, but with Kansas City being the hub of all things US soccer, I think St. Louis could be on the cusp of a) getting an MLS team and b) having a facility that is just for soccer that lots of competitions will use.  They could be one of the leaders for having a great soccer facility.

This upcoming summer is one of the largest international soccer tournaments - the Copa - it's all the countries of North, South, and Central America playing in a mini-world cup.  Unfortunately, a lot of those games are going to be played in a Football stadium where they put down grass over turf.   The more soccer dedicated facilities the US has, the more chances to get great tournaments like this.

Ummmm... Huge soccer guy here. That would be awesome, I just don't see it. They could be trailblazers and do it to make that decision, but eh. I just struggle to see awesome things like this happen with our sport.

And I cannot wait for the Copa. Might go to Chicago on June 7th, USMNT plays at Soldier.

Yeah, we'll be at the Chicago game as well, most likely. Last summer, our (my kids and I) vacation was in Washington DC to see Barca vs. Chelsea. This year, we're going to go see at least one Copa game.

I guess a soccer only facility would be problematic IF the big football stadiums switched from field turf back to grass, then these smaller facilities like the one in KC or SJ or Orlando or Columbus, would become somewhat obsolete for these big tournaments

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:43 am

Updated name of the thread!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

Torn between feeling bad for St. Louis and liking the turn back the clock to the Los Angeles Rams thing but obviously I think it's lame that California has so many teams.

I know it wouldn't work realistically, financially or whatever but I think it would be cool if every state had it's ONE team.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm

I've never experienced a team relocating. Very weird concept.

scratch

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Torn between feeling bad for St. Louis and liking the turn back the clock to the Los Angeles Rams thing but obviously I think it's lame that California has so many teams.  

I know it wouldn't work realistically, financially or whatever but I think it would be cool if every state had it's ONE team.

They do, it's called NCAA College Football.

The NFL does not have enough quality QB's for a 32 team league, where they gonna find 50? laughing

coffee

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

They do, it's called NCAA College Football.

The NFL does not have enough quality QB's for a 32 team league, where they gonna find 50? laughing

coffee

College kids should be reading a book. I don't give a shit if Rhode Island's QB sucks...that's their problem.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:40 pm

What is soccer?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
What is soccer?

That thing you do right before she calls the cops on you

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

What is soccer?

The most popular sport in the world. You wouldn't know, because you have to be coordinated to play. laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
What is soccer?

That thing you do right before she calls the cops on you

I laughed out loud on that one. Touché.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:47 pm

I have a big question about the Rams. How the hell does Jeff Fisher get a free pass every year? He has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Titans. Sooner or later you have produce right? 27Wins 36Losses 1 Tie, no playoff appearances, as a head coach for the Rams

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I have a big question about the Rams. How the hell does Jeff Fisher get a free pass every year? He has not had a winning season since 2008 with the Titans. Sooner or later you have produce right?

Guy is so overrated it's crazy.

This franchise is gonna eat shit if you ask me. This market hasn't worked in the past and now they think it can support TWO franchises!?!? With multiple teams in the area? When that new team smell wears off and this team has a losing season, does anyone actually think the people of Los Angeles are gonna continue to pack that stadium?

Oh well, that's their problem.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:34 pm

As a Rams fan this is just really shitty. St. Louis was the only town with a legitimate stadium offer on the table and the NFL coaxed the votes needed to get what they wanted which is the Rams and Kroenke in LA.

It is very difficult not to just be pissed about this. St. Louis isn't the football mecca of the United States but our support is better than cities that still have a team. No chance a team will ever be in STL again it appears.

Now I have to follow a team with an asshole owner in a city 2000+ miles away

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
As a Rams fan this is just really shitty. St. Louis was the only town with a legitimate stadium offer on the table and the NFL coaxed the votes needed to get what they wanted which is the Rams and Kroenke in LA.

It is very difficult not to just be pissed about this. St. Louis isn't the football mecca of the United States but our support is better than cities that still have a team. No chance a team will ever be in STL again it appears.

If you convert, come to GB and I will invite you to a killer tailgate and get you tix to a game. Think about how fun it would be.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

If you convert, come to GB and I will invite you to a killer tailgate and get you tix to a game. Think about how fun it would be.

That would be a blast I am positive but not sure I want to switch teams. Just feel pissed right now Mad

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That would be a blast I am positive but not sure I want to switch teams. Just feel pissed right now Mad

Fuck the Packers, If you need a new team the Vikings are your logical choice. Purple is a power color and green is a mold color.. Plus, the Vikings are about to have the best stadium in the league...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:59 pm

I recommend the Eternals. Owner and coaching staff is top notch. grin

I hear man...I feel like there is no way this idea pans out for the NFL. I don't believe an NFL team will get any support out there unless they are forever at Patriots level...which they won't be (Jeff Fisher) so maybe the NFL is banking on the stadium being filled with fans for whatever team the Rams are facing that week.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:38 pm

I recommend the Eternals.  Owner and coaching staff is top notch.  grin

I hear man...I feel like there is no way this idea pans out for the NFL.  I don't believe an NFL team will get any support out there unless they are forever at Patriots level...which they won't be (Jeff Fisher) so maybe the NFL is banking on the stadium being filled with fans for whatever team the Rams are facing that week.

That stadium will be 2/3 - 3/4 full after the first year.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I hear man...I feel like there is no way this idea pans out for the NFL.  I don't believe an NFL team will get any support out there unless they are forever at Patriots level...which they won't be (Jeff Fisher) so maybe the NFL is banking on the stadium being filled with fans for whatever team the Rams are facing that week.

Exactly, there is a reason they left LA 20 years ago. They had a terrible stadium(much older than the dome) and a dwindling fan base(far worse than STL)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:24 pm

So did you become a fan when they moved to STL or when they were still in LA? I amagine you weren't too old when they were in LA.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
So did you become a fan when they moved to STL or when they were still in LA? I amagine you weren't too old when they were in LA.

I was 15 when they moved to STL and I went to 4 of the 5 home playoff games including the 2 NFC Championship wins at the dome. I bought season tickets in 2000 and had them for about 6 years

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Convert to a Vikings fan, they will be the 2016/17 SuperBowl Champions...

Beleeeeve Thaat

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:08 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Don't be hatin.... The new Vikings stadium will be fuller then Lombardi field..... shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:42 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Don't be hatin....  The new Vikings stadium will be fuller then Lombardi field..... shrug

Yes, the new Vikings stadium that has a capacity of 65,400 will be "fuller" than the sold out since 1960 Lambeau Field that holds 80,735. Just stop, you sound like the jealous annoying little brother that can never live up to big brothers accomplishments.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Don't be hatin....  The new Vikings stadium will be fuller then Lombardi field..... shrug

Yes, the new Vikings stadium that has a capacity of 65,400 will be "fuller" than the sold out since 1960 Lambeau Field that holds 80,735. Just stop, you sound like the jealous annoying little brother that can never live up to big brothers accomplishments.

Well then I guess I'll just have to call in a bomb threat to scare all the Green Gay Packers loyalist from coming....... devil2

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Why did they have to leave

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 am

Quote :
The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:50 am

No player in this draft is worth that much.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:51 am

They going after Goff?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 am

Word is Goff yeah. Want an LA boy for the new LA team. They just done gone and RGIII'd themselves.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:56 am

Just saw this comment on the PFT article... lol

“Well, if this doesn’t finally get me fired, I guess I’ll just stop wearing pants.” — Jeff Fisher

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

“Well, if this doesn’t finally get me fired, I guess I’ll just stop wearing pants.” — Jeff Fisher

ROFL

Dude is the picture of mediocrity but still keeps on going.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

lol 2 Jeff Fisher is a tool.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:21 am

That is beyond stupid...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:36 am

Ive heard conflicting reports on Goff and Wentz being the target. Definitely shifts the top 10 outlook and helps CLV alot if they were serious about trading out. Only way to guarantee one of the top 2 QBs is to trade with them now.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.

Given that the Rams had to move from 15 to 1, I think its a pretty fair price. However, I don't think Goff/Wentz is worth moving up that far for, especially when you could have gotten Lynch at 15 or Cook in the front of the 2nd.

Just another example of the overvaluation of QB

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Nothing says LA like a Shiny new QB.....

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:01 pm

I think Goff is the only viable (Even if its just potential at this point) franchise QB so it makes sense, but I really think the bigger problem with the Rams is letting Fisher have another season and their GM getting another shot.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Austin Four Horsemen wrote:
I think Goff is the only viable (Even if its just potential at this point) franchise QB so it makes sense, but I really think the bigger problem with the Rams is letting Fisher have another season and their GM getting another shot.

I agree, Goff isn't going to be Andrew Luck 2.0, but he is the only pro-ready QB in this draft... I don't understand why Wentz is even considered to be in the running... He is the right size and certainly has a lively arm, sure, but so did Jeff George! In my evaluation I tend to value the level of talent a prospect played against and how productive they were against that level of talent... When I look at Wentz' stats and the game tape, I come away less than impressed...

Wentz played against mediocre college teams and rather than dominate them and put up huge stats he only managed to put up average numbers against those opponents... I know they were a run-first offense, but still, Wentz only posted one 300 yard passing game is his enitre college career! How did Wentz manage to weasel his way into the top QB discussion?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:37 pm

______Cmp  Att Pct   Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
QB A    228 358 63.7 3111 8.7 8.8 25 10 154.1

QB B    271 428 63.3 3238 7.6 7.4 22 11 138.7

Chris,

Of the above stat line which QB would you rather have if they put these numbers up against the same level of defenses?

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
______Cmp  Att Pct   Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
QB A    228 358 63.7 3111 8.7 8.8 25 10 154.1

QB B    271 428 63.3 3238 7.6 7.4 22 11 138.7

Chris,

Of the above stat line which QB would you rather have if they put these numbers up against the same level of defenses?

eating popcorn

First off, I don't see the point of picking a player blindly based on raw stats, especially when they appear nearly identical... that is a pointless comparison that has no place in the way I evaluate rookies, sure I look at stats, but it has to be within context...

Context is the point that I was making, when you look at the stats and the film there is sufficient evidence of Goff being successful against quality division 1 defenses. When you look at Wentz, there really is no such proof, All of Wentz's hype is projection based, we simply haven't seen him get it done against top talent in college, so I don't feel comfortable expecting him to be successful in the NFL, that is just my evaluation and my opinion.

Of course none of this guarantees Goff won't bust or Wentz won't be successful, I don't have a crystal ball... but I know where I feel comfortable between the two based on my study up to this point, it is Goff by a wide margin, as a matter of fact I don't even have Wentz in my top 3 QBs at the moment...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:41 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
In my evaluation I tend to value the level of talent a prospect played against and how productive they were against that level of talent...  

I was going off this statement that you made. But you seem to have a moving goal post so I will drop it... rolleyes

A is Wentz and B is Roethlisberger

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:03 am

I was comparing Goff and Wentz within context of each other and the level of talent they played against...

I didn't move the goal post, you threw a couple of random blind stat lines out there as if they meant something... My response was that it had nothing to do with comparing Goff and Wentz, which is true, and that stat comparisons needed to be in context to even compare realistically, which is also true.

Now that I see whose stats you were "comparing", I still don't get the point... Big Ben may not have gone to the biggest school, but he still played Division 1 football in the MAC which is an FBS program, which is still a level of play far above the lowly FCS programs that Wentz played against. There is a difference between a "small" FBS school and an FCS school...

Not to say that an FCS QB can't find NFL success, Romo and Flacco are both from the FCS, but they are exceptions rather than the norm, and neither of them were in the discussion for the #1 overall player in the draft which is what I find ludicrous about this year...

I don't think Wentz is worthy of the #1 overall pick, nor do I believe he is even worth a first round pick... Flacco was taken in the first round (#18) from an FCS program but at least he put up fairly dominant stats in school, something Wentz did not accomplish.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:57 am

I think the idea with Wentz is that he has all of the physical tools a guy needs to be successful. All he needs now is taught.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:07 am

When I quoted you, you were not "comparing Goff and Wentz", you were critiquing Wentz... I was calling out this line again -

Quote :
In my evaluation I tend to value the level of talent a prospect played against and how productive they were against that level of talent...

You speak of production, which is stats, and then say looking at stats in meaningless. That is the definition of a moving goal post.

I am glad you have a strong opinion about Wentz, I can see him going either way. I think for him it will come down to a little bit of organizational luck and outright desire. I just think that dismissing someone due to the level of play in college is not smart thinking...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I think the idea with Wentz is that he has all of the physical tools a guy needs to be successful. All he needs now is taught.

I get that, and that is what I find so disturbing about him being considered at #1... it's all projection with Wentz because he hasn't actually ever proven anything against top tier talent... He has NFL size and arm talent, but he is a developmental prospect, I am fine with him being drafted from the 2nd round on, but being in contention for the #1 overall pick is INSANE!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:26 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
When I quoted you, you were not "comparing Goff and Wentz", you were critiquing Wentz...  I was calling out this line again -

Quote :

You speak of production,  which is stats, and then say looking at stats in meaningless.  That is the definition of a moving goal post.

I am glad you have a strong opinion about Wentz, I can see him going either way.  I think for him it will come down to a little bit of organizational luck and outright desire.  I just think that dismissing someone due to the level of play in college is not smart thinking...

I was comparing Goff and Wentz in my original post if you go back and read the whole thing in context to the post I was quoting and responding to in the first place...

I didn't say looking at stats is meaningless, I said looking at two completely blind statlines without any context is meaningless, because it is...

And finally, I never said I was dismissing Wentz completely, I said I think the fact that he is being considered as the #1 overall pick is way too high, because I don't think his stats or the level of talent he played against puts him in that category...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I get that,   and that is what I find so disturbing about him being considered at #1...   it's all projection with Wentz because he hasn't actually ever proven anything against top tier talent...   He has NFL size and arm talent,  but he is a developmental prospect,   I am fine with him being drafted from the 2nd round on,  but being in contention for the #1 overall pick is INSANE!

I disagree. It's a quarterback driven league. I think they should be drafted more in the first round. A team gets nowhere fast without a QB. Giving your team hope with a developmental guy like Wentz should be the top priority for any team. Passing on that guy so you can get a tackle, or some other shmoe is silly when you don't have "The Guy"

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with taking a quarterback in the first round, especially for a quarterback needy team... I just have reservations about taking a developmental guy like Wentz at #1 overall...

Sure, if an Andrew Luck is sitting there, I get it, and even Jared Goff, though I don't think he is the next Andrew Luck, I get taking him at #1 because at least proved to be very effective against a very high level of competition. Goff started as a true freshman in a big time conference and started all 37 games he played in, and he put up impressive numbers while doing so... I get taking a shot at him with the #1 pick... No QB prospect is a slam-dunk, but at least there is some actual gameplay evidence that suggests Goff may be successful in the NFL.

But Wentz, at a much lower level program, didn't start until his junior year, and then went on to produce two seasons of fairly mediocre stats against much weaker competition. I understand that he has prototypical NFL size and that he has impressive arm strength, but the evidence that he can hang with the big dogs just isn't there... maybe he will be able to, I just don't feel comfortable taking a chance on a guy like that at the top of the draft...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: