View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:38 pm

On top of all those picks they got they've also just signed Cortland Finnegan

Quote :
Cortland Finnegan - DB - Rams Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports the Rams
have agreed to terms with CB Cortland Finnegan, formerly of the Titans.

I'm telling you that the Rams are going to become a force.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I only see a good team trying to get stronger who just brought in a jackoff. Do the Rams play the Texans this year?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I only see a good team trying to get stronger who just brought in a jackoff. Do the Rams play the Texans this year?

No they don't. I don't know much about Cortland is a person but from everything I've seen his pretty beastly on the field.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 pm

he would be way cooler had Andre Johnsons fist truly connected with his face.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
he would be way cooler had Andre Johnsons fist truly connected with his face.

Who wouldn't be made cooler by having AJ punch them in the face? That'd be a hell of a story.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Well the Rams signed Steve Smith.

Quote :
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams agreed to terms with two players on Monday.

Former Jets tight end Matthew Mulligan
has agreed to join St. Louis on a two-year deal. The more notable name
is Steve Smith, who spent his first four NFL seasons with the Giants but
couldn’t get on the field last year with Philadelphia.

Smith, 27 in May, agreed to a one-year deal and will look to rehab
his market value on a Rams depth chart he likely envisions as easy to
climb. Once one of the NFL’s top slot receivers — Smith caught 107 balls
for the Giants in 2009 — his career has spiraled since microfracture
knee surgery in 2010.

Smith played in only 11 games for the Eagles last year, catching 11 passes for 124 yards and one touchdown.

I know they need WR help but I think he's a waste of a roster spot. Might be a good move since it's just a one year deal and they can't get any worse.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Yuck

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 pm

whos' going to be the D Coordinator? McGinnis?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah Bradford must be hoping they draft a #1 - everyone else is a low-end WR2/WR3 type

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Nothing wrong with the Smith signing, IMO. If he can still play, he'll be as good as any receiver they have. If he can't, he doesn't make the 53. No risk.

I think they're a lock for Blackmon.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
whos' going to be the D Coordinator? McGinnis?

That's the word on the street.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

I like what they have done given all the holes on the team but now the rubber hits the road
Step 1 acquire the picks
Step 2 make the extra picks count since you gave up on some blue chippers

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I like what they have done given all the holes on the team but now the rubber hits the road
Step 1 acquire the picks
Step 2 make the extra picks count since you gave up on some blue chippers

At least they have a shot of picking up a bunch of blue chip guys in the next couple years. I really like it when a team thinks long term. Refreshing to see.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

I thought the Rams got too cute in the draft and hoarding all the draft picks backfired on them. They needed a top WR and missed out on both Blackmon and Floyd both going 1 pick before them. I understand the WR depth is great in this draft but a Blackmon would have really made that offense go this year. I guess they go S. Hill now, who happens to be the most hyped Rookie WR it seems. Bradford needs some weapons is all I am saying

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
I thought the Rams got too cute in the draft and hoarding all the draft picks backfired on them. They needed a top WR and missed out on both Blackmon and Floyd both going 1 pick before them. I understand the WR depth is great in this draft but a Blackmon would have really made that offense go this year. I guess they go S. Hill now, who happens to be the most hyped Rookie WR it seems. Bradford needs some weapons is all I am saying

I don't disagree that Bradford needs weapons. I think losing Floyd was the one that hurt. Surprised Arizona took him to be honest. Doucet is decent and Fitz is, well, Fitz. Just don't think another WR is what that team really needs. Not with Kolb throwing the ball anyway.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

I don't disagree that Bradford needs weapons. I think losing Floyd was the one that hurt. Surprised Arizona took him to be honest. Doucet is decent and Fitz is, well, Fitz. Just don't think another WR is what that team really needs. Not with Kolb throwing the ball anyway.
That surprised me as well...before the pick happened, one of the ESPN guys reported that Arizona promised Fitzgerald that they would draft Floyd if he was still available at their pick....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Sounds like they want to take Quick at #33. I think there are a lot better WRs out there then him.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:38 am

Here in St. Louis the coaches didn't want Floyd. They had Brokers # 5 on their board behind Luck, RG#, Richardson, Blackmon, and Cox. They were estatic when Arizona took Floyd and when Philly jumped up for Cox it made it easy for them to take Brocker. Floyd was like 8 or 9 on their board.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:38 am

I am glad that they wen with Quick instead of Hill I think he will do much better for them.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 am

Hopefully they can get some Offensive Linemen worth a damn or it doesn't matter who they have at WR because Bradford or whoever else is at QB will not have time to throw the ball while running for their lives again this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:
Here in St. Louis the coaches didn't want Floyd. They had Brokers # 5 on their board behind Luck, RG#, Richardson, Blackmon, and Cox. They were estatic when Arizona took Floyd and when Philly jumped up for Cox it made it easy for them to take Brocker. Floyd was like 8 or 9 on their board.

Shocked to hear that as I really love everything I've seen from Floyd.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:

I just can't believe that. I think every team says Player X was the guy we wanted all along.

Like what StL did in the 2nd day though

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:27 pm

The Rams are getting deep at WR. A solid group but I still don't see a #1. It will be fun to see who makes the cut.

3.14 Austin Pettis
4.15 Greg Salas

2.01 Brian Quick
4.01 Chris Givens

Others
Danny Amendola
Brandon Gibson
Danario Alexander
Steve Smith

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: DT Michael Brockers (LSU)

Round 2: WR Brian Quick (Appalachian State), CB Janoris Jenkins (North Alabama), RB Isaiah Pead (Cincinnati)

Round 3: FS Trumaine Johnson (Montana)

Round 4: WR Chris Givens (Wake Forest)

Round 5: OG Rokevious Watkins (South Carolina)

Round 6: K Greg Zuerlein (Mo Western)

Round 7: OLB Aaron Brown (Hawaii), RB Daryl Richardson (Abilene Christian)

Grade: A

Summary:

This is a classic Jeff Fisher draft. The Rams got a tough defensive tackle and backed it up with two raw receivers and a Top 15 player who fell due to character concerns. The Rams' first seven picks were all textbook team-building choices.

When you look at the second through fourth round picks, St. Louis has built the backbone of its roster with skill players on each side of the ball. Without reaching for talent, Fisher has loaded up his roster.

I really loved this draft but was frustrated that they didn't land Blackmon or Floyd either of whom I thought would have fit in really well in St. Louis. I really like the Pead pick and I'm pretty high on him and think he has a legit shot at winning a good share of the carries over the next few years.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 pm

I was surprised that went with Quick and also worry the OL will hold the team back still

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I was surprised that went with Quick and also worry the OL will hold the team back still

Honestly I like Steve Smith to possibly make a splash this year.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:

I just can't believe that. I think every team says Player X was the guy we wanted all along.

Like what StL did in the 2nd day though

It may be hard to believe but it is true. Yahoo Sports writer Michael Silver wrote an article about it and he says it like it is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams-get-their-man-michael-brockers--ndash--after-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html;_ylt=AhcwKA8oncu0iZncsb8Oz4w5nYcB

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am

Michael Silver was in the St. Louis Rams war room and saw the draft board and where the players were ranked.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am

Quote :
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms extension talks are "under way" between the Rams and MLB James Laurinaitis. Analysis: Beat writer Jim Thomas believes the sides are "probably" close to an agreement. Laurinaitis is currently due just $620,000 in the final year of his rookie deal. Laurinaitis has tallied at least 114 tackles every year since being the No. 35 overall pick of the 2009 draft. He'll play at 245 pounds this season after weighing in at 254 in 2011.

Criminally underpaid. Hope he gets a new deal soon!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 pm

He should be top 5 in terms of money, maybe even top 3

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Quote :
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms extension talks are "under way" between the Rams and MLB James Laurinaitis. Analysis: Beat writer Jim Thomas believes the sides are "probably" close to an agreement. Laurinaitis is currently due just $620,000 in the final year of his rookie deal. Laurinaitis has tallied at least 114 tackles every year since being the No. 35 overall pick of the 2009 draft. He'll play at 245 pounds this season after weighing in at 254 in 2011.

Criminally underpaid. Hope he gets a new deal soon!
He should bring in his dad to negotiate....

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

They should have never allowed him to get to this year on his rookie deal...I think rookie deals should come with performance clauses that trigger voids or bonuses. I get no paying rookies big deals like before, but this is just as bad in the other direction.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
They should have never allowed him to get to this year on his rookie deal...I think rookie deals should come with performance clauses that trigger voids or bonuses. I get no paying rookies big deals like before, but this is just as bad in the other direction.

I remember a certain rookie who wanted his rookie contract to be performance based (despite that rookies were getting huge guaranteed contracts) and he was frowned upon....mans name is Ricky Williams.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Quote :
Appearing on SportsCenter Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter singled out Rams second-round CB Janoris Jenkins as one of the most impressive rookies around NFL training camps.

Analysis: "Through a week of training camp, Janoris Jenkins has flashed Pro Bowl potential," stated Schefter. "He's looked like a natural corner, like he can man that position. Has looked like a difference maker at the cornerback spot, like a future Pro Bowl player. The Rams are very excited about what they've seen from their young cornerback so far." If Jenkins keeps his head on straight, he could lock down left cornerback in St. Louis long term.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Quote :
Appearing on SportsCenter Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter singled out Rams second-round CB Janoris Jenkins as one of the most impressive rookies around NFL training camps.

Analysis: "Through a week of training camp, Janoris Jenkins has flashed Pro Bowl potential," stated Schefter. "He's looked like a natural corner, like he can man that position. Has looked like a difference maker at the cornerback spot, like a future Pro Bowl player. The Rams are very excited about what they've seen from their young cornerback so far." If Jenkins keeps his head on straight, he could lock down left cornerback in St. Louis long term.
So glad the Vikings passed on him.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:11 pm

If Washington loses and the Texans win the Rams own the 1.01. Regardless of whether or not that happens this trade looks absolutely brilliant.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:38 pm

If Washington loses and the Texans win the Rams own the 1.01.  Regardless of whether or not that happens this trade looks absolutely brilliant.

It's incredible how that has worked out for the Rams - bet they can't believe their luck. Even the 1.02 would be fantastic. Think they might well trade back with it again too...?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Mad 

furious 

bang head on wall 

rant 

hissy fit 

sad2 

topic sucks

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Haha sorry dude!

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Pretty crazy, I'm down in D.C. area visiting family for the holidays. Went by the Redskins team store in the local mall a couple days before Xmas, struck me as a place with very little holiday cheer these days. Just a trainwreck of a team right now. The right coaches could help infuse things a lot. Certainly not the Shanahans though.

But sorry for going off-topic. Rams fans gotta be stoked with that trade in retrospect, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm

shacknado wrote:
Pretty crazy, I'm down in D.C. area visiting family for the holidays. Went by the Redskins team store in the local mall a couple days before Xmas, struck me as a place with very little holiday cheer these days. Just a trainwreck of a team right now. The right coaches could help infuse things a lot. Certainly not the Shanahans though.

But sorry for going off-topic. Rams fans gotta be stoked with that trade in retrospect, that's for sure.

14 yrs and 7 Head Coaches later.
At what point is it the Owner that blows, and not the HC's?

Rename the Skins the Groundhogs and kill two birds with one stone I say.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:27 pm

So it's the 1.02. Rams laugh all the way to the bank.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Thu May 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Greg Robinson added to the team. Hopefully Bradford can survive for a change.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: St. Louis Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Bullshit move by the rams yesterday, very disappointed to see them in their protest of Michael Brown with their hands up. I normally don't get involved as I have friends on both sides of the argument and would rather not get into racial or political or religious disagreements if I am able to. But what those players did was completely bullshit and they should be fined or suspended as far as I am concerned.

This is much more then just this man getting killed after attacking the police officer, this is about all the damage that was done to this town and to these poor business owners that had their property looted and destroyed. And these rams players just chose to completely ignore the facts and continue this madness which is a bunch of people that ruin good peoples right to protest peacefully by instead destroying looting abusing people in many communities. Very disappointed by these "role models" Rams you suck!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Merged duplicate topics.

While I agree with you completely I have a feeling that this is one of those topics that if I get into will devolve into drama and madness. The wanton destruction and violence in Ferguson by the "protestors" is fucking disgusting. Savages destroying anything they can get their hands on. No matter what your opinion is on the ruling there is no way anyone should be able to endorse what those assholes are doing over there.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 pm

This sounds like something that was on the "news." Which means I missed it. What the hell happened?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
This sounds like something that was on the "news." Which means I missed it. What the hell happened?
Yeah,  no kidding...   the only way I can handle the "news" these days is just to completely ignore it...   So much better for your sanity!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Yeah,  no kidding...   the only way I can handle the "news" these days is just to completely ignore it...   So much better for your sanity!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 pm

what the hell was that?  not even sure how or why it double posted...  my apologies...

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
what the hell was that?  not even sure how or why it double posted...  my apologies...
Its ok, it made it so much better that you posted the third time to clear it up :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles Rams   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: