HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Peyton Hillis RB NYG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Interesting from a Charles fantasy POV.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports free agent RB Peyton Hillis will visit the Chiefs.
We like the fit better than BenJarvus Green-Ellis, as Hillis is more skilled as a runner as well as a receiver. He also has plenty of experience in new coordinator Brian Daboll's offense. On the other hand, a Hillis signing would bode poorly for Jamaal Charles' fantasy value.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I had originally heard that the Browns were making resigning Hillis a "priority" but after the Washington trade I can see them letting him go and drafting Trent to replace him.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't think Hillis would really affect Charles' value. He would get T Jones's carries from 2010...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Signed:

Chiefs signed RB Peyton Hillis, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year, $3 million deal.
The signing reunites Hillis with OC Brian Daboll, who oversaw Hillis' breakout 2010 campaign with the Browns. It also provides the Chiefs with an excellent insurance policy on rehabbing feature back Jamaal Charles (torn ACL), and a massive upgrade on short-yardage runners Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle. Although Hillis' presence makes it unlikely Charles will be in for a repeat of his 1,467-yard 2010 campaign, it restores the "thunder and lightning" dynamic Kansas City expertly exploited between Charles and Jones in 2010. That is, provided Hillis stays healthy after being limited to 10 games by a variety of ailments last season.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm

I can see this turning into a 50-50 split in carries. A lot of teams say that and try that, but I think this will actually happen here.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 am

I think with Hillis on the team Charles can come back slower and then not have the whole load on him. Might work out real good for KC but not for Fantasy owner at all. Or maybe Charles is having problems and may take a whole lot longer before he is ready to play.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 am

I was thinking the same thing. Hillis is a huge upgrade on Thomas Jones and it's only a 1yr deal so maybe Charles' rehab isn't on target or they want to reduce his workload in his first season back after tha ACL injury.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:27 am

A solid signing. Jones has lil left in the tank and Charles is small in stature and does not appear to be a 20 to 25 carry a week back to me. This has true committee written all over it. Shame Orton didn't stay as he is likely better than Matt "White" Cassel.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I don't think Hillis would really affect Charles' value. He would get T Jones's carries from 2010...

Like I said, 50-50 = 2010

RushingGRushYdsY/GAvgLongTDFumFumL

Jamaal Charles

Thomas Jones

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Quote :
Hillis (ankle) did not practice Thursday, the Chiefs' official site reports. Analysis: Hillis looks pretty iffy for Sunday's game against the Chargers, with Shaun Draughn likely in line to see added touches behind the team's refurbished starting back, Jamaal Charles, who went off in Week 3.

One of the biggest one-season wonders?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Quote :
Hillis (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Ravens, the Chiefs' official site reports. Analysis: With Hillis out, Shaun Draughn is in line to be Jamaal Charles' top backup once again on Sunday, though Charles' impressive recovery from a knee injury limits the impact of that assignment.

Good news for me since I'm rolling with Draughn.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 pm

He just got FUCKED up. Guessing end of season.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Quote :
Hillis, who was injured in Thursday's preseason game, has been diagnosed with a hyper-extended left knee, the Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports. Analysis: The injury is reportedly not thought to be season-ending, but it's more serious than early reports suggested. This could be a tough blow for Hillis, who was already on the roster bubble. He is competing with Michael Smith and Mike James for backup running back slotting behind starter Doug Martin.
Lucky. When I watched it I thought he was really jacked up.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Quote :
Bucs released RB Peyton Hillis. Analysis: Hillis was active for Week 1 but didn't see the field. He was a healthy scratch last week. During the preseason, Hillis rushed 38 times for 147 yards (3.9 YPC) mainly against backups. He was No. 4 on the depth chart behind Doug Martin, Brian Leonard, and Mike James. Hillis' career may be coming to a close.
Done.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:35 pm

One hit wonder

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Quote :
Peyton Hillis rushed five times for 21 yards in New York's Week 10 win over the Raiders, also losing a fumble. Analysis: Hillis was stopped for no gain on his lone reception. Coming off the bench behind Andre Brown, Hillis was the lead back on New York's second series, but killed it by committing one of the softest fumbles you will ever see. He was out-touched 29-4 by Brown thereafter. Providing absolutely zero play-making ability, Hillis could slide as far as No. 3 on the depth chart for next week's game against Green Bay. His fantasy relevance has come and gone.
Someone blew a bunch of $$$ on him for some reason on waivers...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 am

Quote :
Hillis will sign a two-year, $1.8 million deal to remain with the Giants, The Star-Ledger reports. Analysis: Hillis joined the Giants last season after the team was ravaged by a series of running back injuries. The 28-year-old ended up playing seven games for the G-Men, finishing the season with 247 yards and two touchdowns. While Hillis figures to fill a reserve role this season, his short-yardage capabilities could see him vulture touchdowns from teammate David Wilson.

Waste.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!  ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi, if you are looking for a washed up, muscle head, who runs with his head down and runs straight, please give me a contract.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Jamey Eisenberg ‏@JameyEisenberg · now
The #Giants signed Rashad Jennings and the #Raiders are keeping Darren McFadden.

So not sure how the Giants RB situation plays out now...

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Quote :
Hillis looked sharp at Tuesday's practice, the Giants' official site reports. Analysis: At 6-2, 250 pounds, Hillis has the size to do damage as a blocker, plus he has the hands to catch passes out of the backfield. While Rashad Jennings is the Giants' presumed starter at running back and rookie Andre Williams could be a factor in close, concerns surrounding the health of David Wilson could breathe new life in the chances of Hillis carving out a role in the team's backfield.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Quote :
Giants coach Tom Coughlin said running back Peyton Hillis (ankle) will be out for a while, according to Jordan Raanan of nj.com. He's dealing with a sprained ankle/foot.
Analysis: The Giants looked to have running back depth at the beginning of camp but have lost David Wilson and Hillis. Hillis' absence may lead to the Giants giving even more responsibilities to rookie Andre Williams to see what he can and can't handle.

Well now. Rookie better step up.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 am

I'm sure they'll just sign Brandon Jacobs and his 2.1 ypc again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peyton Hillis RB NYG   

Back to top Go down

Peyton Hillis RB NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: