x

Share | 

San Francisco 49ers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Not that excited by Jacobs but this is Baalke's usual sign some player with minimal guarantees and see what happens approach. And Baalke did great last year so I have to give him the benefit on this.
Hopefully Jacobs can keep his verbal diarrhea in check.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: WR A.J. Jenkins (Illinois)

Round 2: RB LaMichael James (Oregon)

Round 3: None

Round 4: OG Joe Looney (Wake Forest)

Round 5: OLB Darius Fleming (Notre Dame)

Round 6: S Trent Robinson (Michigan State), C Jason Slowey (Western Oregon)

Round 7: DE Cam Johnson (Virginia)

Grade: C+

Summary:

The San Francisco 49ers have made some questionable moves that may make more sense once training camp begins, but at least on paper, they're somewhat odd.

A.J. Jenkins is a great slot receiver option with deadly speed, but he's more of a situational player. Same for LaMichael James, who is a third-down running back and returner. The Day Three picks are more solid, but Rounds 1 and 2 hurt the 49ers' overall grade.

If nothing else, the 49ers added a ton of speed and explosive players.

One of my least favorite drafts. They addressed needs that don't exist. You could sign Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald and Nicks and it wouldn't change the fact that your quarterback is Alex Smith. So many other things they could have shored up rather than blowing their first round pick on a WR. James in the second leaves me underwhelmed as well. Gore, Hunter, Jacobs and now James? I just don't get it.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 pm

As long as the D lives up to 2011 there O should be better but overall not much to see here from a draft perspective

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Quote :
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Darius Fleming, a fifth-round draft pick, tore his anterior cruciate ligament during his first rookie minicamp practice Friday, according to his agent, Andy Simms. That puts Fleming's availability for the 2012 season in serious jeopardy.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Rotoworld

Quote :
Alex Smith suggested Michael Crabtree may be the early star of 49ers OTAs.

"He's healthy, and I think he's excited about that," Smith said. "Running really well out here, making plays. It's exciting to see." In the final 11 games of the 2011 regular season, Crabtree posted 61 catches for 742 yards and four touchdowns. That line would translate to 89/1,079/6 over 16 games. The presence of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham should free up space for Crabtree over the middle, but he will have more competition for targets in 2012.

Still early, but those final 11 games are appealing, but also remember he didn't do much at all in that NFC championship game

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Quote :
49ers first-round pick A.J. Jenkins has reportedly struggled with inconsistency so far at OTAs. Analysis: Jenkins has put his early-May conditioning woes behind him, but he's shown suspect route running and dropped a few balls. Jenkins has plenty of time to work out the kinks, but for now he's projected as no better than a third receiver to open the season, and he'd have to beat out Mario Manningham for that role.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

For the record I've been ridiculing that pick. You could put Calvin Johnson on the 49'ers and it won't change the fact that your QB is Alex Smith.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Quote :
Aldon Smith is expected to be a three-down outside linebacker this season.

As a rookie last season, Smith took the league by storm en route to 14 sacks as a situational rusher. This year, he'll send Parys Haralson to the bench and start opposite Ahmad Brooks. It's another reason the 49ers are our No. 1 fantasy defense.

Interesting IDP snippet

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Quote :
Early returns on 49ers first-round pick A.J. Jenkins haven’t been great, however. He reported to rookie camp in May out of shape, and things haven’t gotten much better since.

According to Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, Jenkins played like “one of the worst wide receivers on the field” during mid-June minicamp. Cohn called Jenkins “the biggest letdown” of 49ers spring practices, and noticed that the 30th overall pick in the draft ran with the deep reserves in team drills.

Cohn suggested that Jenkins is no better than the Niners’ No. 5 receiver right now, behind Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, and Kyle Williams.

Not surprised. I hated this pick for the 9'ers and I thought it was one of the worst in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Wow that looked a lot more like 2006 than 2011 from the niners today,,,

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm

haha... what a bust and a horrible pick

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Loved the game yesterday. Smash mouth football from the Niners and the Pack had no response.

This years draft is going to take awhile to evaluate (yes I'm a homer) because not one player is expected to start this year and probably not even next year. The roster has serious depth on it except at OL and possibly OLB.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 pm

This team, to me, proved they are the team to beat this year. At Lambeau and made it look easy.

Offense is not flashy. All it has to do is not lose the game. Alex Smith handled that end very well this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah I said how I felt in my blog post. Tough team for sure.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

SF is a monster this year. To be able to keep 6 in the box and stuff both run games for GB and Detroit while allowing their D to focus on pass D was hard to watch as a Lions fan. They are the real deal. I don't thnk there's a better team in football right now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Ugh.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Quote :
Jim Harbaugh has announced that the 49ers will name their starting quarterback by midweek. Unlike this last week, when Harbaugh told Kaepernick on Saturday night that he would be the starter, San Francisco is expected to resolve their quarterback controversy, and have Smith and Kaepernick avoid nonstop questions by the media, sooner rather than later. Most experts would tell you that they expect the red hot Colin Kaepernick to be named the starter, but Jim Harbaugh has thrown some misdirection towards the media and the Rams-the 49ers Week 13 opponent.

Not sure why you'd turn it around now...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Quote :
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh announced at his press conference on Wednesday that Kaepernick would be the starting quarterback on Sunday against the Rams, CSNBayArea.com reports. Analysis: Harbaugh said that he was going with the hot hand and while both are "his guys", Kaepernick has earned the right to continue starting based on his performance over the last three weeks.

The correct call has been made cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh announced at his press conference on Wednesday that Kaepernick would be the starting quarterback on Sunday against the Rams, CSNBayArea.com reports. Analysis: Harbaugh said that he was going with the hot hand and while both are "his guys", Kaepernick has earned the right to continue starting based on his performance over the last three weeks.

I can't even imagine how stupid they would have looked had they gone back to Alex Smith.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Quote :

I can't even imagine how stupid they would have looked had they gone back to Alex Smith.

We'll see how it plays out in the playoffs for them. He just replaced a solid, not stud QB that helped get them to the NFC Championship last year. Let's remember, they only lost 20-17. In OT. Pretty damn good feat. Their defense may have been the biggest star, but Smith didn't suck. He had a better rating in that game than Manning. 97.6 vs 82.3.

My bet is they miss the Super Bowl again and a lot of people will point back to this.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm

QBR does not tell the whole story. I fucking hate those numbers. This is what I'm talking about. Let's look at the first 8 weeks when they were both healthy.

Smith - 1,659 Yards with 12 Touchdowns in his BEST statistical season ever.

Manning - 2,404 Yards with 20 Touchdowns coming back from a year off and four surgeries.

Smith was consistent. He didn't turn the ball over but he was a one-dimensional player. He was not a threat at all in the passing or running game. The defense and ground game covered up his shortcomings.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :

We'll see how it plays out in the playoffs for them. He just replaced a solid, not stud QB that helped get them to the NFC Championship last year. Let's remember, they only lost 20-17. In OT. Pretty damn good feat. Their defense may have been the biggest star, but Smith didn't suck. He had a better rating in that game than Manning. 97.6 vs 82.3.

My bet is they miss the Super Bowl again and a lot of people will point back to this.

...and another unwinnable argument will be born. Too bad we can't see it played out both ways. If I run the team, I play the guy who has some momentum, ability to run and does not have years of THE SUCK in his file. But you're right...it isn't fair to him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

I think the pasting the Giants put on the 49ers earlier this year is the primary reason for this move. 49ers were down 17-3 with 25 minutes to go and could not muster even 3 more points.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 am

I feel really bad for Smith given all the adversity he has endured - seems like he just gets one kick in the gut after the next.

Having said that he just didn't make enough big plays to win a superbowl in the modern game.

If you watched the NFC game esp 2nd H and OT you will see how dumb QB rating is, he sucked and couldn't move the offense at all during that game...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:30 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I feel really bad for Smith given all the adversity he has endured - seems like he just gets one kick in the gut after the next.

Having said that he just didn't make enough big plays to win a superbowl in the modern game.

If you watched the NFC game esp 2nd H and OT you will see how dumb QB rating is, he sucked and couldn't move the offense at all during that game...

Agreed.

It had nothing to do with Kyle Williams 2 turnovers.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

OK, I'll stop now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Doesn't matter how Harbaugh plays this. He'll get destroyed from some angle.

But I also am confident that Harbaugh is playing who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

Quote :
The San Francisco 49ers saved $9.75 million against the salary cap by trading QB Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.

They're making all the right moves.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Quote :
The San Francisco 49ers have released PK David Akers.

Yup.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Crazy how a kicker can go from best to worst just like that.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah that changed in one season. He was really bad tho

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:23 am

The Niners are quickly climbing my list of hated teams....I don't like Kaepernick at all, just one of those guys that upon sight I have distaste.

But when in the fuck and why in the fuck did this uncreative fanbase decide to adopt the chant from the movie "300"? Please someone explain that shit to me cuz every time they did it I was like "what a bunch of fuckholes" let alone that stupid ships horn or whatever when they score.

I love their defense but really starting to root against the team because of a few jackasses.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 am

The Niners are quickly climbing my list of hated teams....I don't like Kaepernick at all, just one of those guys that upon sight I have distaste.  

But when in the fuck and why in the fuck did this uncreative fanbase decide to adopt the chant from the movie "300"?  Please someone explain that shit to me cuz every time they did it I was like "what a bunch of fuckholes" let alone that stupid ships horn or whatever when they score.  

I love their defense but really starting to root against the team because of a few jackasses.
AGREED

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 am

I like Kappy myself.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

yeah but your goona lose to one of the worst FF teams ever

surprised  = YOU

ROTFLMAO  = ME

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 am

Kaep looked great, but, still wonder how this game turns out if they get the call right and it's 4th and 2 not 3rd and 2.

Yes I know, probably shouldn't have been a flag on Staley, but there was and they got it wrong.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
yeah but your goona lose to one of the worst FF teams ever

surprised  = YOU

ROTFLMAO  = ME
I'm the NY Giants of Fantasy Football. Always play to my competition.

troll

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah, Kaep just screams 'mega-douche' to me. Hate that guy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 pm

People are just jealous. :)

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Quote :
"Multiple league sources" tell Profootballtalk the Browns nearly acquired 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh in a trade before hiring Mike Pettine to replace Rob Chudzinski.
That would qualify as a bombshell. The Browns made essentially no effort to deny the report in a team statement. Per PFT, a deal that would have sent "multiple" draft picks to San Francisco was "in place" before Harbaugh decided he wanted to remain with the 49ers. If true, it would be a sign the tension between Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke is worse than previously reported, and that extension talks have been going far from smoothly. Of course, Cleveland's interest could have been the impetus for the sides to get serious about reaching a new deal. PFT reported last week that the 49ers are hoping to extend Harbs' deal this offseason. He's currently signed through 2015. It's a fittingly-bizarre capper to the Browns' magical mystery tour of a coaching search.

What??

confused

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Fucking weird. How many coaches have ever been traded?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I find it hard to believe but hey anything is possible

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 pm

wouldn't even have guessed that it is possible to actually trade your head coach!  Thats hilarious...  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 am

Fucking weird.  How many coaches have ever been traded?  

That I know of ... Gruden from Oakland to Tampa and Bellicheck from Jets to NE (not positive on that one)

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:58 am

In the Gruden deal, multiple picks went in the deal including a 1st round draft pick, I believe.

How do you think Harbaugh would have felt if the deal went through. To go from the 49ers to the Browns, yuck.

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:11 am

If Baalke and York do not give Harbaugh an extension...I will be pissed...pay the man...he is the best 49ers coach since Walsh...give 10M a year...I dont care...Fire Baalke bu Harbaugh is untouchable...come one 49ers get this one right....

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:13 am

Actually dont want to fire Baalke...but if I had to choose between one and the other...

We gonna have another solid draft and Harbaugh will sign extension and this will all be over soon

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Quote :
A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players. Analysis: The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.

Don't be so sure Steve. Sounds like things my not be going well.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn 

This should be fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:02 pm

The dude is nuts. Its no surprise he rubs some the wrong way

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Coaches who yell at the players can only motivate for so long. I personally dont think yelling or being quiet is the key. I think playerss respond well to coaches who generally care for them. If they know the coach has their back, then they usually reciprocate.

I dont know Harbaugh, but I never get the sense that he is a really caring guy. Perhaps he is selfish and self centered.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   

Back to top Go down

San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: