San Francisco 49ers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 pm

OMFG

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2 mins
Jacksonville traded QB Blaine Gabbert to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:40 pm

The violins have started to play and fans are about to start arguing over spots on the lifeboats. Women and children first!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 am

Quote :
Jonathan Martin will be traded to San Francisco for a conditional draft pick, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: Martin will get the fresh start he was looking for and will be reunited with JIm Harbaugh, his coach at Stanford.

Quote :
Updating an earlier item, the 49ers acquired OT Jonathan Martin for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2015. Analysis: The condition is that Martin must make the 49ers' 53-man roster. It means the Dolphins will receive no compensation if Martin doesn't make the team. Martin is the favorite for swing-tackle duties, but is far from a lock to earn a spot.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Quote :
The 49ers announced that Harbaugh and the team had mutually decided to part ways, wrapping up a deeply disappointing 8-8 campaign after three terrific seasons. Rapoport reported on NFL AM that potential candidates for the job include 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and UCLA head coach Jim Mora.

Harbaugh has agreed to take the head coaching job at the University of Michigan, Breer reported, per a source.

This fiasco is finally over.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:29 pm

candidates for the job include 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and UCLA head coach Jim Mora.

Don't see anybody on that list as good as Harbaugh. No matter what IMO, the Niners coaching staff will not be as good on the whole. However, perhaps with less turmoil they can remain a NFC force. Tough to say though as the Rams, Cards, and Seahawks are all good teams right now. Little room for error in that division.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Would love to see Bowles get a real chance. Just to further show the phins do not have a clue....

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Kyle Shanahan? What a joke. That will be a 2 years and out deal. Josh McDaniels would be a good choice. He has spent a decent amount of time under Belicheck. The question will be who made the Patriots, Belicheck or Brady?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Kyle Shanahan?  What a joke.  That will be a 2 years and out deal.  Josh McDaniels would be a good choice.  He has spent a decent amount of time under Belicheck.  The question will be who made the Patriots, Belicheck or Brady?

I think Shanahan would be a good coach. He thinks outside the box.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm not sure Josh McDaniels could coach a pee wee team. This guy may be the most over rated OC/QB coach ever. He would make a good Elf for Kiebler cookies though. I could also see him being hired as a chimney cleaner ... laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:55 am

Fangio is the candidate that I was rooting for but Tomsula is better than a lot of the other guys rumored for the 49ers.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 am

Tom-a-who-la?

Can't say this hiring is very inspiring. Meh.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm

How the hell do you go from a position coach to the head coach?

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
How the hell do you go from a position coach to the head coach?

Incriminating photos...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Hmmm, don't know much about this guy, jumping from position coach to head coach is a big jump, but at least it was from within the 49ers organization already, that helps...

I think the bigger deal for the 49ers is how they shore up that offense and whether or not they can fix their QB and keep him from regressing any further...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Who the Hell is this guy??

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Someones son in law...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:38 am

Talk about a fucking implosion of a team.

Gone:

Harbaugh
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Michael Crabtree
Iupati
Frank Gore
Culliver

DAMNNNNNN

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm kinda fascinated by this narrative that the 49ers are imploding, losing their whole team etc.
Clearly Harbaugh is one issue and it's gonna be tough to win like he did

But the turnover on NFL teams is always high, so far this isn't that different for the 49ers except for Willis retiring
Smith - no surprise if he retires at this point in his career
Crabtree - replaced with Smith
Iupati - they still have Staley, Boone, Anthony Davis all highly regarded OL and the C is 3rd pick from last year. Resources to draft a guy high, since when is the expectation that you resign all your guys?
Gore - aging and Hyde + deep RB class to replace him with
Culliver - really? Big corner sure - it's not like he's a Pro Bowler or anything. There 2 starting CBs left last year 2 and nobody panicked...

Don't get me wrong I think the team will take a step back but "the sky is falling" narrative is BS

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Add in that Borland, as a Rookie, pretty effectively filled in for Willis and it does look like Bowman's back. Plus, maybe Aldon does have his shit together some if he was willing to do what he did.

Agree with Ian, not really sure that this team took a real downturn minus the Harbaugh issue.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Adding to my post above
They already signed Dockett to help the loss of Smith plus Carradine will get a chance
Brandon Thomas had a redshirt season after his pre-draft injury but by all accounts was a steal for them on the OL

Leadership esp given the coaching change could be an issue perhaps

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 am

Totally agree Ian. They've had a ton of rookies the past couple years. I'm sure a good handful will be able to step in admirably

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Quote :
The San Francisco 49ers waive lineman Jonathan Martin. Martin was acquired by the 49ers in a trade with the Miami Dolphins last offseason. Martin played in 15 games last year. Martin is perhaps best known for his involvement in the Dolphins bullying controversy in 2013.

PUSSY

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:29 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Quote :
The San Francisco 49ers waive lineman Jonathan Martin. Martin was acquired by the 49ers in a trade with the Miami Dolphins last offseason. Martin played in 15 games last year. Martin is perhaps best known for his involvement in the Dolphins bullying controversy in 2013.

PUSSY

Bully...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:00 am

I think Greg is right... He was a mental case.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Sky continues to fall apparently...

Anthony Davis retires at 25y

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:42 pm

yeah, its been a really really odd year in that regard....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:33 pm

There has to be something going on here. Probably something that will end in "gate"

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 am

Very true...

Maybe Harbaughgate?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Time for the media and lots of other jokers to read a little story called "chicken little"...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 am

I don't know how much of SF's win was them being good or how much was the Vikings sucking ass. I only watched the first half of the game but besides Hyde both teams looked like absolute ass to me.

Oh and it was great to see Bowman back in form.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:41 am

HAven't seen the whole thing and frankly it's low on my list of games to see this week on GamePass, but I believe Bridgewater was terrible.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 am

Niners defense was very good at making Bridgewater look uncomfortable and stopping the run. The run stopping might be as good as previous years and the switch to Mangini who likes to mix things up might have helped confuse Bridgewater more.
Run offense was good. The Vikings were getting blown off the line, especially to the left. Given three new starters on the O line and a position change, I'm excited by this.
Pass offense mediocre and wasn't really needed so jury is still out on this. But the play calling was way better, moving Kaep around suits him much better, there are better route combinations from the receivers. Kaep showed some improvement in reads and pocket composure. Small sample size though.
Special teams was bad... only reason the game wasn't even more lopsided. Blocked FG, fumbled punt return, punt return TD nullified by penalty. New punter was fine and his kickoffs were very good. Only one return to ~15 yard line.
Anyway, the Vikings were weak competition but they got plastered.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:09 pm

The game looked like a JV high school game. I personally don't think either of these teams win more than 7 games this season.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Chip Kelly! Yes please

Quote :
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers 9m9 minutes ago
#49ers hire Chip Kelly as 20th head coach in franchise history.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:46 pm

wow.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Setting himself up for failure.... again. I've said it a million times, no QB = no success. I'm sure Chip will turn Colin into a stud right?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Please start dumpster fire Kaep. Please.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 pm

The Chip Kelly experiment should have ended, but sadly we will have to endure more of this NFL pretender... He should have taken the opportunity to go back to CFB where he had a chance to be successful. Hopefully the 49ers don't give him GM powers or he will dismantle that team as well, which is scary considering he is starting with even less!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Little more info, and I'd still like to see him have success; but tend to agree with Chris, probably should have taken a CFB gig.

Roto wrote:
49ers hired ex-Eagles coach Chip Kelly as head coach.
Kelly converted his only opportunity. Aside from San Francisco, his market was ice cold following his firing from Philadelphia. Although Kelly was clearly ready to take any NFL job he could get, he's inheriting one of the worst ones in the league. The 49ers' roster has hollowed out over the past year, and GM Trent Baalke has proven exceptionally difficult to work for. The quarterback situation is a mess. Kelly proved in Philadelphia he didn't require a mobile signal caller to run his offense, but we'd expect him to favor Colin Kaepernick over Blaine Gabbert. Kap offers Kelly an intriguing second chance, and vice versa. Kelly won't control the 53-man roster after doing so to disastrous results in Philadelphia. We'd assume Kelly learned some hard lessons with the Eagles. All things considered, it's a great hire for an organization that didn't seem to have many good options after (rightfully) firing Jim Tomsula.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 pm

I think Chip could be a successful NFL coach, all he needs is a QB just like every other "good" coach out there. Everything is dependent on a QB. Kaerpernick's first year Harbaugh catered the offense to fit his strengths and the 49ers had the best defense in football. Maybe Kaerpenick can run Chips offense like he wants it, anxious to see what happens

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:44 pm

I still believe Chip the innovative coach can bring a lot to a team. Agree his GM track record was bad but he doesn't have that role here

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Chip won 20games with Foles, If anyone could make Kaep's style productive again it's Chip... With RG3 as a backup?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Chip won 20games with Foles, If anyone could make Kaep's style productive again it's Chip... With RG3 as a backup?

As much as I hate to say it, I think you're right. The rest of the team will go to shit, but Kaep will be lights out.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I don't think Kap stays... Maybe Chip will go after Manziel...... RGIII might be the best fit for him in SF

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:40 pm

IMO there's no way Chip wants to deal with Manziels BS. RG3 sure, for the right price why not

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:57 pm

I will enjoy watching what happens when he doesn't get to make executive football decisions.

The Eagles had the 5th ranked offense in 2014

Trades away Shady, Maclin goes away unsigned....

The Eagles had the 12th ranked offense in 2015

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Interesting. If you have Kaep in any leagues, trade him now whilst he has some sort of value.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:33 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Interesting. If you have Kaep in any leagues, trade him now whilst he has some sort of value.

I was just thinking about this and that second an owner sent me a trade proposal for him. I am staying far away.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Thing is Kaep will barely be recovered from his surgeries come April 1st when the niners need to say yay or nay. Hard to see them keeping him coming off injury for $14m (unless Kelly is 100% sold I guess)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco 49ers   

Back to top Go down

San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: