HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Jacksonville Jaguars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

Jag's owner burns Washington and Dallas. Looks to add a couple WR's during FA.

Quote :
"If there was a relationship
between money spent and results on the field, probably the Redskins and
the Cowboys would have won a bunch of Super Bowls by now," Khan said
during a live chat with fans facilitated by The Florida Times-Union. "That's what makes football so interesting."
Khan
has money on his mind because the Jaguars have plenty of it up right
now. Jacksonville has more than $45 million of cap space, one of the
league's highest amounts with free agency set to open on Tuesday at 4
p.m. ET.
The Jags signed cap-friendly deals with cornerback Rashean Mathis and offensive lineman Guy Whimper last week. The additionally franchised kicker Josh Scobee and signed offensive tackle William Robinson. Two notable defensive players -- starting defensive end Jeremy Mincey and starting safety Dwight Lowery -- will likely test the free agent market and may not be back.
The Jaguars have the reigning NFL rushing champ in Maurice Jones-Drew, but they lack pieces around the three-time Pro Bowler. Jacksonville will look to add a pair of receivers in free agency.
"(Jaguars general manager) Gene (Smith) and his staff, we reviewed it yesterday," Khan said. "We want to look at the complete picture. Not only use the resources but using (them) wisely."

Found the tweak to Washington and Dallas amusing. I'm also curious to see which WR's they pursue and whether or not they can help salvage Gabbert's career.
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am

I am interested in seeing how much of that cap space he spends. Is he the next Mike Brown? Hope not, I wiould like to see them do well and keep this team in town...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 am

Jaguars signed DE Jeremy Mincey to a four-year contract.
Mincey was reportedly drawing heavy interest from the Bears, but has opted to stay with the club that gave him his first start in 2010. Since joining the Jaguars' starting lineup in Week 10 two seasons ago, the 2006 sixth-round pick has notched 12 sacks in 24 games. Mincey's re-signing could be a sign the Jaguars aren't planning to seriously pursue free agent Mario Williams.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 am

Good signing, reasonable contract.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Well Laurent Robinson's fantasy value just tanked

Quote :
5 years, $32.5 mil according to Schefter.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Quote :
Jaguars signed QB Chad Henne to a two-year contract.
The odds are strong that Henne will start at some point next season. GM
Gene Smith is invested heavily in Blaine Gabbert, but the 2011
first-rounder is going to have to make major strides in pocket presence
and accuracy to hold off Henne for the season. Although Henne has been
plagued by a hesitancy to take chances down the field and red-zone
inefficiency, new coach Mike Mularkey may have more luck bringing out
his physical gifts than the Dolphins did.

Bye bye Blaine.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Perfect spot for Henne. Jags will give him a chance to start sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Quote :

Fuck me! I have Robinson in my other league....
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

I am really surprised Robinson would go to the Jaguars. I would have thought Dallas would have payed him enough to stay,

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:

Quote :

Fuck me! I have Robinson in my other league....

Robinson will be fine once Henne is throwing to him. Just give it a few weeks...
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Not unless he gets a proper #1 to play alongside of...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 pm

good post

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 pm

A PUNTER in the third round? REALLY?!?!?! A PUNTER?!?!

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 pm

laughing stock of the league....Say hello to the LA Jags..coming to a season near you

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Not sure why you guys are hating on the Jaguars. Are you just jealous that your team isn't so LOADED that they can focus on the punter position in the 3rd round?

Haters gonna hate.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State)

Round 2: DE Andre Branch (Clemson)

Round 3: P Bryan Anger (Cal)

Round 4: None

Round 5: OLB Brandon Marshall (Nevada)

Round 6: CB Mike Harris (FSU)

Round 7: DT Jeris Pendleton (Ashland)

Grade: D

Summary:

The only pick worth liking here is the one of Andre Branch in Round 2. Sure, Justin Blackmon is a solid wideout prospect, but trading up for a receiver who lacks dynamic size, can't run away from defenders and drops passes over the middle is a bad fit.

To top it all off, Jacksonville drafted a punter in Round Three. Yep, a punter. It's a forehead slapping day in Jacksonville.

Thanks for killing Blackmon's value Jacksonville. Fuck you and your terrible draft.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Yeah its almost like they feel all their O was missing was 1 WR... Did they not watch any tape from last year

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm

And this shit just gets better. I love the Onion.

Quote :
NEW YORK—Mere moments after becoming the highest-selected punter in the NFL Draft since 1995, Bryan Anger took the opportunity to thank the Jaguars and announce that he would do all he could to help punt the team to greatness.

"This is, without a doubt, the greatest moment of my life—and, I promise you, a defining moment in Jaguars history," Anger told reporters during a press conference after the decision Friday. "This is the year they punt themselves into the spotlight. I will do everything I can to make sure the Jaguars and punting will soon be seen as one and the same."

Anger also promised fans that, as their punter—and therefore the leader of the punt team—he would be the very model of a Jacksonville Jaguar, adding that they should "get used to me, because they're going to be hearing the name Bryan Anger all the time in years to come."

"It's every young punter's dream to make it to the NFL and punt the ball away at the elite level," Anger said. "I think Jacksonville gives me by far the best chance to do that."

The 6-foot-4, 208-pound Anger, a controversial choice for Jacksonville at No. 70 overall, had a distinguished career at the University of California, where he was twice a semifinalist for the Ray Guy Award, the little-known trophy given to the nation's best college punter. Dismissing the idea that he might experience difficulties handling the transition to the second-worst punting team in the NFL, Anger pointed out that analysts and experts said Jacksonville was exactly the sort of team most likely to take a punter with an early-round draft pick, and also by far the best team for a young, aggressive punter wanting to punt as often as possible.

"As a punter, you look at this team and you know you're going to be getting a lot of playing time," Anger said. "Which is fine with me. I look at all the teams that passed on me, and the only thought I have is 'Just you wait, guys. I'll be punting to all of you soon enough.' Mark my words, there are 31 NFL franchises out there who are going to be seeing a lot of me."

Coach Mike Mularkey was quick to welcome his new player to the team, saying Anger was going to be "Jacksonville's punter of the future and, in many ways, the centerpiece of our team."

The Jaguars franchise, meanwhile, seemed to be just as excited about Anger, releasing two previous punters, Nick Harris and Spencer Lanning, the day after the draft.

"You look at how a lot of teams these days are built around a high-powered passing game, and you look at [Jaguars quarterback Blaine] Gabbert, and you realize how important it is for us to have a great punter in our arsenal," Mularkey said. "After all, we punted third-most of any team in the league last year, so it's about time we started getting good at it. In fact, at this point, we may as well just resign ourselves to building our entire team concept around the idea of pinning other teams deep with a really good punt."

"I'm not saying this team is automatically going to be a Super Bowl contender just because I'm punting," Anger said when told of Mularkey's comments. "All I'm saying is, if it does come to that—Super Bowl, fourth quarter, clock winding down, Lombardi trophy on the line—at that moment, I want to be the punter the Jaguars turn to."

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri May 04, 2012 9:47 pm

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat May 05, 2012 12:21 am

Wait....what!? Lol did I just waste a minute of my life reading about a punter? Lol

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 am

WTF???

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am

If I had a dime for every time someone compared their WR to Wes Welker...

Quote :
Jaguars wide receivers coach Jerry Sullivan said undrafted rookie Mike Brown has a lot of the same qualities as Wes Welker.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 am

If I had a dime for every time someone compared their WR to Wes Welker...

Quote :
Jaguars wide receivers coach Jerry Sullivan said undrafted rookie Mike Brown has a lot of the same qualities as Wes Welker.

No doubt.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Quote :
Remove Josh Scobee from the list of franchise players looking for a deal on Monday.

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL.com and NFL Network reporter Albert Breer reports Scobee and the Jacksonville Jaguars kicker have agreed to a four-year extension.

Scobee's deal is worth a maximum of $14.2 million over four years and includes $4.75 million in guaranteed money.

Because salary demands aren't in the same stratosphere as players in more high-profile positions, kicker deals don't carry the same drama in franchise-tag situations. That doesn't mean it was a painless process for Scobee, however, who at one point spoke out about the team's lack of urgency in getting something done.

That's all water under the bridge now. The Jaguars locked up one of the NFL's most accurate kickers in 2011, a player who hit on 92 percent on field goals, including five-of-six from beyond 50 yards.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Good to see they signed their second best player.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Good to see they signed their second best player.

Yeah, now if they could just sign their best player.........Bryan Anger

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 am

Are the Jaguars broke? Seems like they refuse to pay anyone.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Quote :
New OC Bob Bratkowski expects Marcedes Lewis to be a red-zone threat this season.

Lewis is certainly capable as he caught 10 touchdown passes in 2010. But he recorded exactly zero last season as Blaine Gabbert's struggles crippled the entire passing offense. It's fair to question if the Jags will even be in the red-zone enough for Lewis to be a threat there. There are TE2s with more upside available late in drafts.

All the Jags fantasy value comes down to how well Gabbert performs.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Quote :
JACKSONVILLE, FL—In spite of a lack of real-world evidence supporting the presumption, a new Nike commercial that debuted on network television Friday featured actors dressed in Jacksonville Jaguars apparel and posited that fans of the AFC team exist. "It's an interesting theory, but you'd have to be pretty gullible to believe that large numbers of people would cheer on the Jaguars," said Rossford, OH resident Paul Giorgio, who saw the commercial during the otherwise logical Lions-Ravens preseason matchup. "If Jacksonville fans did exist, they probably would hold up those 'GO JAGS' signs and wear turquoise face paint. But when the camera pulls back to reveal a whole stadium of people like that in an otherwise unknown town in northern Florida, the premise really falls apart." A Nike spokesperson told reporters the company had yet to sell a single Jaguars jersey.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 am

Quote :
The Jaguars announced Tuesday that they have hired David Caldwell as their general manager. Earlier, NFL.com's Albert Breer confirmed Caldwell was negotiating a contract with the Jaguars.

"We got our man," Jaguars owner Shad Khan said in a statement released by the team. "I have a lot of faith in David Caldwell and I can assure our fans that the best days for the Jacksonville Jaguars are in front of us."

Saying their best days are in front of them isn't saying much.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

yeah, they better be cuz they sure as shit aren't behind ya anywhere

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Quote :
The Times Union says the Jaguars don't have a starting right tackle candidate on their roster. Analysis: Guy Whimper was cut last month, Eben Britton is a free agent and Tyler Polumbus chose to re-sign with the Redskins. That leaves Cameron Bradfield, who was benched at the end of last season. The Jags aren't in the mix for free agents like Andre Smith or Sebastian Vollmer, so they may be looking to the draft to address the position.

Ouch haha

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm

New Uniforms.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:31 am

How bad is a team really...............

When that's what gets posted for them......

New uniforms, the fans are ecstatic now, that will fill those empty seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Wed May 15, 2013 8:31 pm

ROTFLMAO

Quote :
Gabbert (forearm) has been underwhelming during OTAs thus far, with beat writer Mark Long of the Associated Press noting that Wednesday's practice marked the "worst day of QB play I've witnessed at a Jaguars practice in years." Analysis: Granted, it's one day of OTAs, but Gabbert has always been impressive in shorts, so it's concerning to hear that he isn't looking sharp early where he has traditionally done well.

Then...

Quote :
Robinson took shotgun snaps for the Jaguars during OTAs, Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports. Analysis: When asked if Robinson's work at practice makes him a quarterback or a running back utilizing the Wildcat formation, coach Gus Bradley laughed and reportedly told O'Halloran, "We don't have to tell you." That said, it would be stunning if Robinson is utilized at all as a starting quarterback for the Jags, despite the underwhelming performance of the team's current QBs.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

curse scream

The entire organization is retarded and a big "HANDS OFF"! I hold MJD in one league, not happy about it, and Blackmon in another league, not happy about it. Outside of those two, the team is filled with Fantasy Nightmares. Even the big pollock Polz is a bitch to start weekly.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:36 pm

(KFFL) Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell said he expects the team to use a receiver-by-committee approach while WR Justin Blackmon serves his four-game suspension. Caldwell mentioned WRs Ace Sanders, Mike X. Brown and Mohamed Massaquoi as possible members of the committee.

Maybe this is why they cant give away tickets.   This is like a bad abandoned fantasy roster.

And then theres this
FL) Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell said he has no problem with taking five quarterbacks at training camp. QBs Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Mike Kafka, Jordan Rodgers and Matt Scott are currently on the roster.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 am

Wait... They are going to use a receiver-by-committee approach while Blackmon is out?  Is that something different than when Blackmon is playing?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 am

Maybe they'll use a QB by committee approach too

Laughing

What a mess

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am

Gabbert is leading the race apparently...

you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 am

Laughing

The Jaguar's QB 'race':

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Quote :
Joeckel, according to head coach Gus Bradley, suffered a broken ankle in Sunday's game and will miss the remainder of the season, the Florida Times-Union reports. Analysis: Joeckel's injury comes as a massive blow considering the Jaguars just dealt fellow starting tackle Eugene Monroe earlier this week. Jacksonville had protection problems to begin with, so Joeckel's injury further complicates their ability to keep defenders off players like running back Maurice Jones-Drew and quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.
This team is cursed.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 pm

28 point spread vs the Broncos. Never seen one that high before in the pros...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Wow these guys are super relevant, nobody has commented on them since 2013 laughing

Which is better than this next stat - apparently the last time they won on the West Coast was 2004!! surprised2

EDIT: wait typo, it should be 2004 not 2014....!!!

Last edited by Atlanta Africans on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Uh, and I get blamed for necroposting? confused

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:01 pm

I can never not see this team as a joke. Right there with the Browns.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I can never not see this team as a joke.  Right there with the Browns.  

Really? Not me. While they put up a stinker this weekend. I expect them to be in the playoff hunt this year.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:14 pm

NOBODY is on the same level as the Browns. NOBODY!!!

The Browns have reached such a depth that they are beyond sucking, they are beyond bad, they are beyond crap, shitty, terrible, and awful. The word "Browns" is the def-con six of bad, bad, football. If anyone ever says you've been "Browned" you may as well head down to Lowes, buy a rope and stool and head out to that big tree in your back yard. Nuff said.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

NOBODY is on the same level as the Browns.  NOBODY!!!

The Browns have reached such a depth that they are beyond sucking, they are beyond bad, they are beyond crap, shitty, terrible, and awful.  The word "Browns" is the def-con six of bad, bad, football.  If anyone ever says you've been "Browned" you may as well head down to Lowes, buy a rope and stool and head out to that big tree in your back yard.  Nuff said.

coffee

The browns have had 5 different starting QB's in their last 5 games

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Really Matt? That's crazy....

I view the Jags as a threat in that division. They have a solid young nucleus.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacksonville Jaguars   

Back to top Go down

Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: