:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Adrian Peterson RB ARI

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

Says he's feeling better and apparently targeting a week 1 return.

Quote :
Adrian Peterson is on the comeback trail from a torn ACL, and the
Minnesota Vikings running back took to Twitter today to say he’s
progressing nicely.

Adrian Peterson

@AdrianPeterson

My knee is getting better everyday and
thanks for all the support from the viking fans and non-viking fans,
your support is appreciated

8 Mar 12

Peterson went down in Week 16 of the 2011 season against the
Washington Redskins. He underwent surgery on Dec. 30 to repair his knee,
and he’s now targeting Week 1 of the 2012 season for a return.

I really doubt that he'll be ready by week 1.  That was a devastating injury and I expect a week 4-6 return personally.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 am

Adrian is angrily dragging white guys around while rehabbing his superhero knee. Here is proof.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 am

Holy Shit that is a picture of the Black Incredible Hulk!

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

I would shit myself if he charged me with that look on his face.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I laugh everytime I look at the guys face behind him.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I laugh everytime I look at the guys face behind him.

Yeah that is funny.... Matt Saracen can hardly hold on

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I would shit myself if he charged me with that look on his face.

Same here.

Just wait until Week 4..... :devil:

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested in Houston late Friday night and charged with resisting arrest.

According to HPD data, Peterson remains in the city jail waiting to post, or be released on $1,000 bond. The listed offense is “resisting arrest/search unclassified.”

Probably more to this story. Was a little surprised to see the headline

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Ruh roh raggy!

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:26 pm

I dunno about this one...sounded like an agitated Peterson didn't like the way Mr. Bouncer aka Off-Duty Officer was delivering the "get the fuck out of the bar" address and said officer took one bad decision shove and turned it into much more quickly. But hey, I wasn't there....nor do I care. Adrian is smart enough to get this squashed fast.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Quote :
Per the police report, a Houston officer claims Adrian Peterson shoved him in the shoulder after police asked Peterson and his family to leave a nightclub late Friday, prior to Peterson's arrest.
The officer, allegedly trying to clear the bar at closing time, claims he had to ask Peterson twice. "As the officer turned away to remind other patrons of this," the report reads, "Peterson told the officer that the group had heard him the first time and pushed the officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble." It reportedly took three policemen to "detain" Peterson in a struggle. The only charge against Peterson was "resisting arrest."

Sounds like the reports of him coming back strong are true though Laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm

LOL and then theres the other side of the story

Quote :
Profootballtalk.com reports that Adrian Peterson's arrest for resisting arrest in Houston was caught "all on video," and the details may not bode particularly well for the Houston Police Department.
A source with knowledge of the situation told PFT that the arrest was captured by "one or more surveillance cameras," with "multiple" witnesses. Peterson's girlfriend and some family members were reportedly at a Houston nightclub. At closing time, policemen entered the club and instructed everyone to leave. Peterson wanted to get some water, but an officer told him no and Peterson went for the exit. "It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down," explained Florio's source. Other officers then joined in. The fact that Peterson was only charged with resisting arrest is awfully bizarre. Expect more details to emerge this weekend.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:09 am

Bet the cop's biggest fantasy rival has AP in his team... raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:04 am

England Dragons wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Sometimes you gotta think outside the box to win.

mischevious

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
LOL and then theres the other side of the story

Quote :
Profootballtalk.com reports that Adrian Peterson's arrest for resisting arrest in Houston was caught "all on video," and the details may not bode particularly well for the Houston Police Department.
A source with knowledge of the situation told PFT that the arrest was captured by "one or more surveillance cameras," with "multiple" witnesses. Peterson's girlfriend and some family members were reportedly at a Houston nightclub. At closing time, policemen entered the club and instructed everyone to leave. Peterson wanted to get some water, but an officer told him no and Peterson went for the exit. "It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down," explained Florio's source. Other officers then joined in. The fact that Peterson was only charged with resisting arrest is awfully bizarre. Expect more details to emerge this weekend.

I agree

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 am

I think this video is probably not too far off in terms of the type of cops your dealing with here...not a race thing..but just a dumb hillbilly who thought he could get some fame/fortune by starting shit with an NFL star.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 am

England Dragons wrote:

I hope I am everyone in DD fantasy rival.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 am

vikings
Quote :
Vikings | Lawyer says no reason for Adrian Peterson arrest Wed Jul 11, 10:14 AM

The attorney for Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, Rusty Hardin, said the Houston Police Department had no valid reason to arrest Peterson Saturday, July 7, and charge him with resisting arrest. Hardin said it's baffling that Peterson would be charged with resisting arrest when the police still haven't said what Peterson did to deserve an arrest in the first place. 'That's because there wasn't anything to arrest him for, and that goes right to the heart of everything,' Hardin said. 'There was no basis for it ... He wasn't doing anything to merit an arrest.'

exactly. What a joke!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:25 am

The cop probably lost his Fantasy league last year because of the AP injury. Fantasy Football is real folks

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:20 am

(TheHuddle) Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (knee) might come off the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) list as soon as Sunday, Aug. 12. 'We're going to discuss it,' head coach Leslie Frazier said. 'We'll discuss where he is and what's the next step for him this week, whether we continue to work through rehab or how we want to approach it.'
Analysis: Plenty of eyes are on Peterson this preseason as he returns from the ACL and MCL injuries suffered in Week 16 last year. The sixth-year back, perennially one of fantasy's top picks and performers, currently is being selected an average of 21st overall (11th among RBs) in fantasy drafts as of this update. Regardless of when he sees his first game action, though, it's not reasonable to expect an immediate appearance from the Peterson of old. And if you do gamble on Peterson in your draft, plan on snaring backup Toby Gerhart later.

LORD, please help my buddy ALL DAY get better soon. I need another championship on my wall. carted off

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:58 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
(TheHuddle) Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (knee) might come off the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) list as soon as Sunday, Aug. 12. 'We're going to discuss it,' head coach Leslie Frazier said. 'We'll discuss where he is and what's the next step for him this week, whether we continue to work through rehab or how we want to approach it.'
Analysis: Plenty of eyes are on Peterson this preseason as he returns from the ACL and MCL injuries suffered in Week 16 last year. The sixth-year back, perennially one of fantasy's top picks and performers, currently is being selected an average of 21st overall (11th among RBs) in fantasy drafts as of this update. Regardless of when he sees his first game action, though, it's not reasonable to expect an immediate appearance from the Peterson of old. And if you do gamble on Peterson in your draft, plan on snaring backup Toby Gerhart later.

LORD, please help my buddy ALL DAY get better soon. I need another championship on my wall. carted off

You need 1 first....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (knee) could play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 24, according to head coach Leslie Frazier. "We'll probably just see how he does with some of the stuff that we'll give him and probably make a determination by Tuesday or Wednesday if we want to do any more," Frazier said.

This guy is a freak.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

Wow that is ridiculous

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am

Football needs Peterson back, the guys is pure awesome in every way

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings do not plan to play Adrian Peterson (knee) in Friday's preseason game against the Chargers.

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, AP isn't likely to play before Week 1. Per Schefter, the Vikings are still expecting Peterson to "argue his case for playing time in the game." If Peterson doesn't play Friday, it means he'd almost certainly receive zero preseason reps, as the Vikings are highly unlikely to run him behind their second-team line (or trot out their first-team line) in their exhibition finale.

Not sure how I feel about this...I understand the need for caution, but I was kinda hoping he'd see a few carries before trotting out in week one....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings do not plan to play Adrian Peterson (knee) in Friday's preseason game against the Chargers.

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, AP isn't likely to play before Week 1. Per Schefter, the Vikings are still expecting Peterson to "argue his case for playing time in the game." If Peterson doesn't play Friday, it means he'd almost certainly receive zero preseason reps, as the Vikings are highly unlikely to run him behind their second-team line (or trot out their first-team line) in their exhibition finale.

Not sure how I feel about this...I understand the need for caution, but I was kinda hoping he'd see a few carries before trotting out in week one....

I thought they would have rested him until week 6. Gerhart isn't a terrible back. Protect your investment. Can't stop AP though.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Can't stop AP though.
Exactly.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

AP is such a physical specimen... Vikings making the right move by resting him, not really worth it to put him in a preseason game

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I LOVE THIS MAN....LOVE HIM love

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said RB Adrian Peterson (knee) will be limited if he is active for Week 1. "We recognize if he's able to get in this first ball game, it'll be with limited exposure. We'll talk about it as the week goes on and see how he's doing and if it's even a valuable option to let him play," Frazier said.

If I'm the Vikings I take it easy with ADP.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Quote :
A team source says the team is aiming for Peterson to receive around 10 to 15 carries if he is ruled active for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora reports. Analysis: Peterson's status for Week 1 will officially be determined Sunday morning, and he still might not necessarily start over Toby Gerhart if he's active. However, a range of 10 to 15 carries seems to indicate a roughly 50-50 split of carries with Gerhart, which would be a bit more than originally expected. The Vikings may ultimately opt for a more conservative approach with Peterson when it comes to the game

If you bench him he blows up and if you start him he doesn't play. Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Just start both??? I don't know what to do in a couple leagues where I have bad RBs so this is my only choice

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:58 am

Homerism shines through. AP in the lineup, week 1 of RW.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 am

All Hail the PURPLE JESUS

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
All Hail the PURPLE JESUS

bow

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said RB Adrian Peterson's (ankle) workload in the team's Week 6 game is uncertain due to Peterson's ankle issue.

I refuse to make any predictions since I had originally sworn that he still wouldn't be playing at this point.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Quote :
MINNEAPOLIS—Hoping to improve upon the remarkable feat of rushing for the second most yards in NFL history a year after tearing his ACL in the final week of 2011, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson announced Sunday that he has intentionally torn his ACL again and will undergo reconstructive knee surgery later this week. “It worked last year on the left knee, so I’m trying the other one this year,” said Peterson, whose intense dedication to offseason recovery has earned him the reputation of “rehab rat” among his teammates. “It’s hard to get over that playoff loss, but immediately after, I got right back to work and tore my ACL. If I was just eight yards short of the record last year, I’m thinking that rupturing my LCL and PCL this offseason should put me over the top.” Peterson, who confirmed that he had found the best postseason regimen to stay on top of his game, announced plans for a new football camp where the Pro Bowl running back will show young players the best way to damage their knees by hacking away at their ligaments with scissors.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Your league MVP!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Your league MVP!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Your league MVP!

rock on

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Quote :
Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (sports hernia) said the sports hernia impacted his chase for the rushing record. "It definitely impacted my play," Peterson said. "I wasn't 100 percent, but I wanted to win a championship. I wasn't going to stop or quit. I made a decision to keep going. I don't want to make it seem like the sports hernia made me miss it, I could have done it with the injury. All I can say is that I would have had better performances."

Like a boss. Guy plays several games for almost 600 yards with the same injury that shut down Greg Jennings.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

With this story out, people are making remarks about PED's. I would not be surprised if he was aided by something illegal to get back from the ACL injury, but I have no idea how PED's would help you play with a hernia that still required surgery at the end of the season.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
With this story out, people are making remarks about PED's. I would not be surprised if he was aided by something illegal to get back from the ACL injury, but I have no idea how PED's would help you play with a hernia that still required surgery at the end of the season.

Pretty sure I've gushed about Simmons before on here, but....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

Great fucking article.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Pretty sure I've gushed about Simmons before on here, but....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

Great fucking article.

Great article. cheers

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 am

In all rights he should have won MVP and Comeback Player of the year. Manning had a great year but not near as remarkable as the comeback of AP...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Quote :
MINNEAPOLIS—Responding to Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson publicly asserting his firm opposition to gay marriage, the reigning MVP’s longtime boyfriend Scott Oakes told reporters Tuesday that he “can take a hint” and now understands that the athlete isn’t interested in marrying him. “All right, Adrian, I get the message loud and clear,” said Oakes, noting that Peterson’s stated position that gay marriage is “not something [he believes] in” perfectly explained why his lover had yet to pop the question at any point in their three-year relationship. “He can’t see himself being with me in the long term? That’s fine, but if that’s how he feels, he should have had the guts to tell me directly rather than letting it slip out in some radio interview. I’m not with that.” Oakes added that, with Peterson now out of the picture, he was considering trying to patch things up with his former flame, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 pm

vote no

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:19 pm

You're no fun.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Laughing