HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Oakland Raiders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Oakland Raiders   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

Recently made a few moves to free up a bunch of cap space.

Quote :
The Raiders lowered Seymour's 2012 base salary from $7.5 million to
the league minimum figure of $925,000, converting the remaining $6.575
million into a roster bonus that's treated the same way as a signing
bonus cap-wise, ProFootballTalk.com reported Thursday,
via Mac's Football Blog. Another season was added to Seymour's contract
so that the bonus can be prorated over the next five years, according
to the report, and the defensive end will be under contract through the
2016 season.
Huff's 2012 $4 million base salary also reportedly
has been reduced to $700,000, and the remaining converted to a $3.3
million set to be combined with a pre-existing $4 million roster bonus
to create a guaranteed $7.3 million bonus. Huff's contract also was
extended by two years, making him a Raider through the 2014 season.
The
two moves save the Raiders $11.82 million in cap space -- a huge number
for a team that already has had to make a number of cost-cutting
decisions.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 am

I'm sure they will now sign a few more crazy contracts - or maybe the new GM will show so prudence...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

I think we are in for a "New Look" Raiders in terms of who they sign and why they sign them. Al Davis marched to his own drummer. He also was a lil whacked stars with some of his moves and player pick ups over the last decade. The new GM Reggie MacKenzie comes from the Packer brass and has worked with one of the finest in Thompson and prior to Thompson it was Ron Wolf. I for one am looking forward to the new Raiders. I seldom like change, but in this case I think it was over due.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:09 pm

It will be interesting to see what they do. But as long as a Davis calling the shot nobody really knows what to expect.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 am

And there goes Kevin Boss! CUT!

Quote :
Raiders plan to release TE Kevin Boss, who last summer signed a four-year, $16 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.

Looks like they're really clearing house this off-season. I'm interested to see what moves they make in FA.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:39 am

I still can't believe they let Zach Miller go

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I still can't believe they let Zach Miller go

Here is why they let Zach Miller go to SEA.

8/2/2011: Signed a five-year, $34 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus, all of Miller's 2011 and 2012 base salaries, and $4 million of his 2013 salary. Miller is due annual $2 million roster bonuses in years three through five. 2012: $6 million, 2013: $6.8 million, 2014: $4.8 million, 2015: $2.8 million, 2016: Free Agent

That's a lot of loot for a TE. So they begrudgingly let him walk to Seattle.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Yeah and they're doing a good job freeing up a bunch of cap space.

Quote :
Linebacker Aaron Curry has restructured his contract with the team, lowering his 2012 cap figure from $5.757 million to $992,000, Scout.com reported Tuesday, citing a league source with knowledge of the situation.
That means a savings of $4.76 million for the Raiders, who entered Tuesday with just $640,000 in cap room, according to NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders acquired running back Mike Goodson from the Carolina
Panthers on Friday in exchange for offensive tackle Bruce Campbell, a
trade both teams hope will improve their depth.

Good move. I like it for both teams.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 am

Quote :
Dave Tollefson Agrees to Terms With Raiders: According
to press reports, unrestricted DE Dave Tollefson has agreed to terms
with the Oakland Raiders. The contract is reportedly a 2-year, $2.5
million deal.

I'll miss him

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 am

Who?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Dave Tollefson huh... Yea, no freaking clue where he came from and who he is, and I've been playing IDP for 7 seasons now. scratch

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

<-- Giant Homer. He has been around for awhile and halfway decent in a pinch. It's purely for nostalgic reasons that I'll miss him.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm

So far the new GM looks like a keeper - some sanity starting to prevail on the other side of the bay...

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 pm

GAY!!!! They suck and McFadden always gets hurt

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Don't want to speak ill of the dead but I will anyway. For the Raiders, I think Al Davis passing on was the best thing that could have happened. He spent too much time chasing that last championship. And the new GM does seem to have a plan.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Don't want to speak ill of the dead but I will anyway. For the Raiders, I think Al Davis passing on was the best thing that could have happened. He spent too much time chasing that last championship. And the new GM does seem to have a plan.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:10 am

I don't think it's wrong to speak ill of a guy that's been dead for 30 years. But what do I know I'm JUST A GOD*$&% PARKING ATTENDANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hammer

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
I don't think it's wrong to speak ill of a guy that's been dead for 30 years. But what do I know I'm JUST A GOD*$&% PARKING ATTENDANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hammer

Get your orange glow sticks and keep directing traffic. I need to go and get my pom-poms.

On topic I really do believe that if McFadden gets healthy the Raiders are going to dominate. I really think they need to consider replacement for Palmer within the next few years though.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Draft Recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: None

Round 2: None

Round 3: OG Tony Bergstrom (Utah)

Round 4: OLB Miles Burris (San Diego State)

Round 5: DE Jack Crawford (Penn State), WR Juron Criner (Arizona)

Round 6: DT Chris Bilukidl (Georgia State)

Round 7: OLB Nathan Stuper (Penn State)

Grade: B+

Summary:

Reggie McKenzie was handcuffed by previous trades to add Carson Palmer and Richard Seymour, and then the Supplemental Draft pick of Terrelle Pryor, but in his first draft it's hard to argue with what McKenzie did.

The Raiders went after tough guys who didn't bring great athletic ability but are hard-nosed competitors. Bergstrom and Crawford will be looked at as starting caliber players.

Criner is the physical possession style receiver the team needs to pair with their athletic roster.

Did the best with what they had. Hopefully they hang onto their picks for the coming years...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Yeah I think the draft board will look a lot less sparse with the new regime

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 am

Good on you Oakland.

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders announced this weekend that they will donate 10 percent of the gross of all season tickets sold from May 1 to June 30 to the Oakland Unified School District.

"We are thrilled to announce our newest youth and community based initiative and we are delighted to assist the Oakland Unified School District," Raiders CEO Amy Trask said, the Oakland Tribune reported.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders have fired college scouting director Jon Kingdon, NFL Network learned Monday.

Kingdon had been with the Raiders for 33 years.

The Raiders have shown interest in New York Jets college scout Joey Clinkscales, according to the New York Daily News.

Clinkscales played college football with Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie at Tennessee.

Clinkscales told Newsday after the NFL draft that he "expects" to stay with the Jets when asked about the possibility of joining the Raiders.

The Raiders had six picks in this year's NFL Draft. Their first selection came in the third round, when they chose Utah offensive tackle Tony Bergstrom.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am

Quote :
Oakland Raiders safety Tyvon Branch will sign his franchise tender Monday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

He remains hopeful of signing a long-term deal. Branch also will begin taking part in the team's offseason program.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Quote :
CSN Bay Area says Darrius Heyward-Bey is "looking more and more like a legit No. 1 wideout". Analysis: CSN lists Heyward-Bey as the top receiver with Denarius Moore second and Jacoby Ford in the slot. Oakland figures to use more two-tight end sets than it did in 2011, but all three are vertical threats and will get plenty of opportunities to make big plays. Rookies Juron Criner and Rod Streater will also push for snaps.

I still think Jacoby Ford is the best value in relation to where he's being drafted.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 pm

ESPN

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders are expressing interest in free-agent running back Cedric Benson, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

You remember Benson, don't you? Over the past three years, he produced three 1,000-yard seasons for the Cincinnati Bengals and scored 19 touchdowns. He's also the 29-year-old running back who has drawn zero interest since free agency started over the past three-plus months ago.

I wasn't surprised when teams passed on him early in free agency. But I am surprised that he's lasted this long. Benson can be a dependable No. 2 option in this league. Maybe his public griping over splitting carries last season turned off teams. It's time for some team to give him a chance.

The Bengals did the right thing by going in a different direction this season. BenJarvus Green-Ellis is younger, more dependable carrying the ball and stronger in the red zone.

Interesting

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Don't do it Oakland.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:37 am

Do it... sarcasm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders hired Tony Sparano (Jets) as their assistant head coach and offensive line coach Wednesday, Jan. 23.

Good move says I.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 am

Rotoworld) Beat writer Steve Corkran says the play of the Raiders quarterbacks at Tuesday's minicamp was the worst he's seen in 19 years covering the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 am

Sounds about right.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Sounds about right.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 pm

any thoughts on Wilson? thinking about picking him up in the 4th round of a 16 team IDP rookie draft???

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 am

Is it bad that I have no idea who you are talking about? lol

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:57 am

I think you go after Tyler Wilson for sure.  He's been steadily climbing up the ADP boards, in a 12 teamer he was taken 5.12 (60th overall) by Shawn (Eagles) in a league were in.. in another league a 16 teamer that has ridiculous QB points, he was taken 3.06 (36th overall) - 5 picks before I was going to take him.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:32 am

Yea... He gave you two examples of retards... It definitely means you should take him!  lol

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Quote :
Kevin Burnett has earned a "firm grip" on the Raiders' weak-side linebacker job. Analysis: Nick Roach is the Mike linebacker, and Sio Moore is playing Sam. Burnett excels in pass coverage, so he'll be an every-down 'backer, likely staying on the field with Roach in nickel packages. Burnett is playing the same spot Philip Wheeler did last year. Wheeler racked up 109 tackles and two forced fumbles.

I think this group is one to watch.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:02 pm

I really like Sio Moore here... he is a tad raw as a rookie but he is very talented and a real high motor hard working guy... I think long term he becomes the every down Mike LB... Roach is likely a veteran one year bandaid at that position...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:53 am

Did I read correctly... they decided to keep 4 QBs and 2 Punters???!!! WTF

Quote :
(KFFL)After the latest round of cuts took place Saturday, Aug. 31, the Oakland Raiders have four quarterbacks on the roster in QB's Matt Flynn, Terrelle Pryor, Tyler Wilson and Matt McGloin. The latter two are rookies. The team was also not ready to decide whether P Chris Kluwe or Marquette King would handle duties. Moves can still be made prior to the Sept. 8 opener.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 am

all the casual Chicago Bears fans were talking about how good they looked against Oakland and I was like slow down a minute the raiders are terrible - I think they may flirt with Detroits 0-16 record

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Did I read correctly... they decided to keep 4 QBs and 2 Punters???!!!  WTF

Quote :
(KFFL)After the latest round of cuts took place Saturday, Aug. 31, the Oakland Raiders have four quarterbacks on the roster in QB's Matt Flynn, Terrelle Pryor, Tyler Wilson and Matt McGloin. The latter two are rookies. The team was also not ready to decide whether P Chris Kluwe or Marquette King would handle duties. Moves can still be made prior to the Sept. 8 opener.
They had to keep their best players!

ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm

The ghost of Al Davis lives!!!

In reality though, I expect them to cut one of the punters and possibly a QB this week and bring in a castoff or two from another team... They can't really enter the season with 2 punters, can they?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The ghost of Al Davis lives!!!

In reality though,  I expect them to cut one of the punters and possibly a QB this week and bring in a castoff or two from another team...   They can't really enter the season with 2 punters,  can they?
they had to keep 2 punters cause they thought they might wear out the first one

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Quote :
Next Sunday's Chargers at Raiders Week 5 game has been moved from 4:25 PM ET to 11:35 PM ET due to the MLB Playoffs.
The Raiders and Oakland Athletics share the same stadium. The Athletics host the Detroit Tigers on Saturday afternoon. The grounds crew will need the extra time in order to get the field ready. The game will be aired on NFL Network. One positive of this is that Terrelle Pryor will get even more time to get back from his concussion. It would be a major surprise if Pryor didn't start.
I've never seen a regular season game start this late. Gonna be a rough Monday...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Quote :
Coach Dennis Allen indicated that Jennings is the Raiders' first option if Darren McFadden can't play Sunday against the Chargers, csnbayarea.com reports. Analysis: After not practicing again Thursday, McFadden remains decidedly iffy at this point, with Allen noting that Marcel Reece (who is practicing) could factor heavily into the Raiders' Week 5 backfield plan as well if McFadden sits.
I removed all my WW requests for Jennings once I heard Reece was practicing again as well. If Jennings and Reece are both getting touches it's not worth starting either one.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Quote :
The San Jose Mercury News' Tim Kawakami's "guess" is that the Raiders will name Tony Sparano head coach.

I have been saying to family and friends that this would most likely be the case. No surprise here if it happens soon.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:12 pm

NorCal Knightmares wrote:
Quote :
 The San Jose Mercury News' Tim Kawakami's "guess" is that the Raiders will name Tony Sparano head coach.

I have been saying to family and friends that this would most likely be the case. No surprise here if it happens soon.

Is that code for "3 more years with no playoffs?" ... scratch

laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
NorCal Knightmares wrote:
Quote :

Is that code for "3 more years with no playoffs?" ... scratch

laughing

good post agree
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Sparano to the Raiders means more sub .500 seasons for them. I don't believe in this guy as a head coach

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Jack Del Rio, new HC.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oakland Raiders   

Back to top Go down

Oakland Raiders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum