HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Vontaze Burfict LB CIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7142

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:32 pm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17815082/nfl-reviewing-hit-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-martellus-bennett-new-england-patriots

Fines probably coming. Dude is aiming for peoples knees and stomping, trying to end careers weekly, but lets worry about dancing in the end zone NFL


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10988

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Get him out of the league. Scumbag.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5342

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:50 am

No suspension... 75k fine.

Really surprised he wasn't suspended for his stomp. Must be b/c Burfict doesn't have a history (oh wait..)


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8913

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am

get some


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3627

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I watched most of that game and he was playing dirty. They did forget to mention how he also went for Gronks knees as well. But Gronk ended up getting a personal foul warning for taunting to Burfict after his low hit on him after a big play.

Good player but not the smartest.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3059

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:34 pm



Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:36 pm

yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3059

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.

This guy is the dirtiest player in the NFL. He will lose his appeal.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8913

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Good.

Wanker.

Hate him.

cheers



Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:08 am

Get this guy a helmet for his helmet!


Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens
 
 
avatar

Posts : 587

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am

Distorted NFL "table of consequences" a player gets 5 game suspension for illegal hit on another player...and another player gets 6 games...which he likely get reduced for domestic violence?


Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3059

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:24 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Distorted NFL "table of consequences"    a player gets 5 game suspension for illegal hit on another player...and another player gets 6 games...which he likely get reduced for domestic violence?

Yeah, that is pretty messed up.

Although this is definitely not Burfict's first offense.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 am

If that hit is illegal the NFL should just start playing flag football.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:45 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.

This guy is the dirtiest player in the NFL. He will lose his appeal.
I'm not a Burflict fan, he's an asshat, but this is not a dirty play. This play happens a handful of times every game. If that's an illegal hit there's going to be a lot of suspensions this year


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.

This guy is the dirtiest player in the NFL. He will lose his appeal.
I'm not a Burflict fan, he's an asshat, but this is not a dirty play. This play happens a handful of times every game. If that's an illegal hit there's going to be a lot of suspensions this year

You may want to watch a little more closely. Ball is out of the quarterback's hand and the hit is outside of 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Please find me more examples of this happening a handful of times in every game.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Some good analysis on the hit by Kevin Seifert of ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/246090/fair-question-was-vontaze-burficts-hit-legal

On legality, I think the hit was questionable at best. Don't think the max suspension was warranted here.


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Some good analysis on the hit by Kevin Seifert of ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/246090/fair-question-was-vontaze-burficts-hit-legal

On legality, I think the hit was questionable at best. Don't think the max suspension was warranted here.

Independent of the defenseless player rule, the NFL prohibits "unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who is out of the play".


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7142

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Eh.  I think he's a dirtbag but I don't think that hit warrants a 5 game suspension


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:24 pm

I too didnt think the hit warranted that, but do agree his is a dirty player so I dunno if they are trying to hold him accountable for that or what...

But if I was keeping tally I would have Suh above Burfict on the top NFL dirty player list


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8913

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Eh.  I think he's a dirtbag but I don't think that hit warrants a 5 game suspension

His face warrants a 5 game suspension.

wink


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.

This guy is the dirtiest player in the NFL. He will lose his appeal.
I'm not a Burflict fan, he's an asshat, but this is not a dirty play. This play happens a handful of times every game. If that's an illegal hit there's going to be a lot of suspensions this year

You may want to watch a little more closely.  Ball is out of the quarterback's hand and the hit is outside of 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.  Please find me more examples of this happening a handful of times in every game.
I have watched many times. Line of scrimmage is 36yd line, hit happens between 39-40. The hit was not involving helmet to helmet, Burflict hit him with his shoulder and the guy "ragdolled". Maybe next time he can play paddy cake with the RB...


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3393

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
yeap, just locked up Vigil before you posted.. I hate seeing a player thread pop up when its someone you own. Your heart literally drops as you go to check what the fuck just happened.

This guy is the dirtiest player in the NFL. He will lose his appeal.
I'm not a Burflict fan, he's an asshat, but this is not a dirty play. This play happens a handful of times every game. If that's an illegal hit there's going to be a lot of suspensions this year

You may want to watch a little more closely.  Ball is out of the quarterback's hand and the hit is outside of 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.  Please find me more examples of this happening a handful of times in every game.

Watching the replay, even if it turned out that he was the intended receiver, that hit came as soon as he was coming across the field, and the hit came way before the ball would've arrived.  If he was supposed to be a check down guy, he was eliminated from the play.  And it wasn't even a case of 2 guys running to the same spot and colliding.  The only way that would have been legal, is if he was the intended receiver and the ball got deflected at the line of scrimmage.  Also, I'd consider that a legit hit, if the ball would have been intercepted by the Bengals, and he threw that block on the return.  

Does that play alone warrant a 5 game suspension?  I'd say, no way.  Maybe a fine, or 1 game suspension.  I think it's an accumulation of his actions that got him nailed.  The same goes with Suh.  I'll bet the next time he does something questionable, any fine or suspension would probably result in the accumulation of actions.  Right or wrong, that seems to be what happens.


Back to top Go down
Online
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Some good analysis on the hit by Kevin Seifert of ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/246090/fair-question-was-vontaze-burficts-hit-legal

On legality, I think the hit was questionable at best. Don't think the max suspension was warranted here.

Independent of the defenseless player rule, the NFL prohibits "unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who is out of the play".

I agree, the hit definitely should have been a 15 yd. penalty. But you need to look at the defenseless player requirements when deciding on a suspension, and I think those are inconclusive. It wasn't a blatant blow to the head of a defenseless player (which would result in the max 5 games), I think it was kind of fuzzy, which is why I thought the suspension should be much shorter.


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3102

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm

This tool gets a 5 gamer while Elliot gets 6???? lol


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5342

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:28 am

Did the rules change about where the QB was when he threw it? I thought if the QB was out of the pocket you can do this at any time to a receiver (vaguely remember Richard Sherman doing it last season). and I thought you could crush a receiver like this if it was within 5 yards?


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4409

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am

Tool


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1819

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 am

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Some good analysis on the hit by Kevin Seifert of ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/246090/fair-question-was-vontaze-burficts-hit-legal

On legality, I think the hit was questionable at best. Don't think the max suspension was warranted here.

Independent of the defenseless player rule, the NFL prohibits "unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who is out of the play".

I agree, the hit definitely should have been a 15 yd. penalty. But you need to look at the defenseless player requirements when deciding on a suspension, and I think those are inconclusive. It wasn't a blatant blow to the head of a defenseless player (which would result in the max 5 games), I think it was kind of fuzzy, which is why I thought the suspension should be much shorter.

I think this applies to this situation, and Burfict is a moron for even putting himself in this position, not to mention potentially seriously injuring the opposing player. However, based on the rules the NFL supposedly has, I don't see this as a five game suspension worthy hit, even for a repeat offender like Burfict.


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1772

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:09 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Eh.  I think he's a dirtbag but I don't think that hit warrants a 5 game suspension


Glad I traded him.


Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am

this guy is the definition of clown dick.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Valhalla Viktors wrote:
this guy is the definition of clown dick.

I really want to see what a clown dick is spelled out.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7142

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Valhalla Viktors wrote:
this guy is the definition of clown dick.

I really want to see what a clown dick is spelled out.


C-L-O-W-N-D-I-C-K


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3059

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
Valhalla Viktors wrote:
this guy is the definition of clown dick.

I really want to see what a clown dick is spelled out.


C-L-O-W-N-D-I-C-K
cheers


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:45 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
Valhalla Viktors wrote:
this guy is the definition of clown dick.

I really want to see what a clown dick is spelled out.


C-L-O-W-N-D-I-C-K

ROFL


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Valhalla Viktors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:10 am

rofl


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1248

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am

lol3


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20284

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Quote :
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict had his suspension reduced from 5 games to 3 games, a source said. He was informed today.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

This shit just comes with the territory when you have this idiot on your team. He's a stud but sooner or later you get Bur-fucked.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
Valhalla Viktors wrote:
this guy is the definition of clown dick.

I really want to see what a clown dick is spelled out.


C-L-O-W-N-D-I-C-K



Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens
 
 
avatar

Posts : 587

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 am


So what does it take for the NFL to really hold these players accountable for "on the field" behaviors that endanger other players?...and I don't buy the argument "its all part of the game"
These guys know the rules..know what they can get away with.

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict had his suspension reduced from 5 games to 3 games, a source said. He was informed today.


Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7142

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Bengals signed WLB Vontaze Burfict to a three-year, $38.68 million extension through 2020.

That'll teach him!

laughing


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7142

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:00 pm

I know he's a douche, but I think it's a stretch saying that this warrants being ejected:

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/929795305683542017


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm

I agree. When I saw it I thought it was maybe a late hit and that's it. The ref needs to grow a pair.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3059

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah, that's a stretch.


Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes
 
 
avatar

Posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 pm

wow that was a weak ejection


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Yeap... I think Blake is friends with that ref and paid him to eject him for looking at him wrong.. it really sucks losing him so early in the game cause our fantasy matchup is gonna suffer


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8099

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 pm

reputation


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm

If this is a suspension I'm calling Goodell.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5896

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
If this is a suspension I'm calling Goodell.

What are you planning to say? laughing


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
If this is a suspension I'm calling Goodell.

What are you planning to say? laughing

Luckily isn't a suspension for Burfict. I was just gonna call and ask how his day was going...then interrupt him to tell him go eat a bag of dicks.


Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
If this is a suspension I'm calling Goodell.

What are you planning to say? laughing

Luckily isn't a suspension for Burfict. I was just gonna call and ask how his day was going...then interrupt him to tell him go eat a bag of dicks.  

Where does one purchase a bag of dicks nowadays?  They used to be so easy to come by. thinking


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict LB CIN   

Back to top Go down
 
Vontaze Burfict LB CIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: