Share | 

Justin Blackmon WR JAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Cosell on Blackmon

(Rotoworld) After watching two games of Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell observed that Blackmon was not on the same level as Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson coming out of college. Analysis: Cosell went on to call the 2012 wideout group "not a top WR class" and offered Blackmon a Hakeem Nicks comparison. Nicks was selected 29th overall in 2009 as opposed to Blackmon's projected top-ten status. Public perception leads you to believe differently, but there is no clear top receiver in this year's class.

Last edited by Wyoming Headhunters on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Yeah, Blackmon's stock has really been falling, seems like. I don't think it's necessarily a knock on him to say he's not Andre Johnson/Calvin, but he's also not even Julio Jones/AJ Green, prospect-wise; taking him in the top 5 seems like pretty bad value. I have 1.04 in a rookie draft in another league, a couple months ago I would've peed my pants if Blackmon fell to #4, now I'm thinking of trading out if he's the best player there.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 pm

I've never been super high on Blackmon. I really don't see a big talent gap between him and the other WR's on the board.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Yeah, Blackmon's stock has really been falling, seems like. I don't think it's necessarily a knock on him to say he's not Andre Johnson/Calvin, but he's also not even Julio Jones/AJ Green, prospect-wise; taking him in the top 5 seems like pretty bad value. I have 1.04 in a rookie draft in another league, a couple months ago I would've peed my pants if Blackmon fell to #4, now I'm thinking of trading out if he's the best player there.

I have the 1.03 in a dynasty and was looking forward to choosing between Luck and RGIII as I'm weak at QB there. Early off-season, everything was looking like 1.01 Richardson and 1.02 Blackmon now I'm sweating it if Richardson ends up in a bad spot.

pray
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:12 pm

I think, if you need a QB, top 3 pick is still perfect. I don't think there is such a thing as a "bad spot" for Richardson, I really think he's going to be a stud anywhere he goes.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm hoping you're right. Worst case is I get Richardson so I can't lose really...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

If not, you could certainly shop that 1.03 pick once Richardson is there to a RB-needy team with an extra QB.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I think, if you need a QB, top 3 pick is still perfect. I don't think there is such a thing as a "bad spot" for Richardson, I really think he's going to be a stud anywhere he goes.

Unless it's the 'Skins. RB hell with Shanahan.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Blackmon posts an impressive 40 time.

Quote :
The buzz at the Oklahoma State pro day is that Justin Blackmon has run
much faster than most expected. Word from Stillwater is the big receiver
timed quicker on his second 40, clocking under 4.45 seconds and as fast
as 4.41 seconds on a number of watches.

I think this silences a lot of doubt and locks him in as the #1 WR in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 pm

agree ... that 4.45 will get him off the board as the 1st WR taken now. Book it Dano!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:18 pm

I have been high on Blackmon all along, now that 40 time is just going to boost his rankings. Last year I was all over AJ Green and grabbed him in every league I could, this year same thing with Blackmon, especially if St Louis gets him.

If he goes to the Rams he is a perfect #2 pick overall in Rookie drafts (unless you are hurting at QB). I may even favor him over TRich in a heavy PPR Dynasty format.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:17 am

OHHHHHHH of all the places you can go to die.......how unfortunate for this Justin

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 am

There's hope. In the form of Chad Henne.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
There's hope. In the form of Chad Henne.

Mild hope. Honestly if I'm Jacksonville I start Henne and give Blainey a little time to develop. Too much too soon for that kid. Not sure if he has the mindset to recover.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

He does make things look a lot better
Blackmon + Robinson + Thomas in the slot is a much better fit ito of roles than before he arrived

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun May 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Pshhhh what a bitch Laughing

Quote :
Justin Blackmon sat out the final practice of the Jacksonville Jaguars' rookie minicamp this weekend because of "general soreness in his foot," coach Mike Mularkey said Sunday, according to the team's official Twitter feed.

Mularkey said he expected Blackmon to be ready for the Jaguars' organized team activities in a week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 am

Quote :
Jun 3, 2012 - Justin Blackmon, selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars with their first-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, was arrested for aggravated DUI just outside Stillwater, Oklahoma early Sunday morning, according to the Tulsa World.

Kelly Hines of the World reports that Blackmon was booked into the Payne County Jail around 10 a.m. on Sunday morning for the crime, which requires the driver's blood-alcohol level to be .15 or more.

Blackmon was previously arrested for DUI in 2010 while speeding after attending a Dallas Cowboys game, and was eventually suspended for one game by Oklahoma State for that arrest.

Blackmon's performance at Oklahoma State — twice named an All-American and the recipient of the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's best receiver — recalled that of previous Cowboys star Dez Bryant. Now, after a second DUI arrest, Blackmon's "issues" likely bring up the same comparisons.

I'd drink too if I were drafted by the Jags ROTFLMAO

I steered clear of him in every league I'm in. Glad I did. Think he's overhyped and in a terrible situation with character issues to boot.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:39 am

Unbelievable. The number of DUI related incidents in the NFL makes me mad.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:42 am

Oh and the fact that he hasn't even signed his contract yet makes it all the more ignorant. You can't even wait until you get paid millions of dollars to act a fool? Fucking dumbass.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Oh and the fact that he hasn't even signed his contract yet makes it all the more ignorant. You can't even wait until you get paid millions of dollars to act a fool? Fucking dumbass.

good post

FWIW I wouldn't trade Broyles for Blackmon.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:12 pm

What an idiot. These guys have no idea, do they?

Mad

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Wow... he was HAMMERED

Quote :
Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson told The Associated Press that the former Oklahoma State wide receiver smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m. local time. Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 -- three times the state's legal limit.

Under Oklahoma law, a BAC above .15 constitutes the charge of aggravated DUI. It can be prosecuted as a felony or misdemeanor.

Blackmon, the Jacksonville Jaguars' first-round draft pick, was released from jail Sunday afternoon on $1,000 bond. He's due in court Monday.

Stillwater police tried to pull over Blackmon for speeding -- he was clocked at 60 mph in a 35-mph zone -- and driving left of center early Sunday morning. Blackmon drove about four blocks before stopping in a gas-station parking lot.

"He was unsteady on his feet, his speech was slurred, and his eyes were glassy and blood shot," Dickerson said in a statement. "He admitted to consuming alcohol prior to driving."

Not a good situation for Blackmon or his new team. It will be interesting to see the legal road ahead for Blackmon, who's now a two-time DUI offender.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Well I heard a rumor that he just found out his starting QB is Blaine Gabbert... Who can blame the guy for getting hammered.

NFL and DUI's are ridiculous, glad these players are role models for future generations

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:48 pm

.24 WHILE DOING 60 IN A 35!!!!!!! Insanity. He's lucky did didn't kill himself or someone else.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Well I heard a rumor that he just found out his starting QB is Blaine Gabbert... Who can blame the guy for getting hammered.

NFL and DUI's are ridiculous, glad these players are role models for future generations

Rant coming on .... soapbox rant

Ain't directing it any one in particular. This is just a peev of mine.

Why are they "role models"? If you (people) want kids, raise your kids and be their role models. Show them rights and wrongs, teach them shit besides how to click a remote and push button on a microwave. Don't shuck it off on celbs or athletes to be the moral compass for the youth. They ain't your kids guardians, parents, surrogates, or anything else. They are simply people with some wealth and fame who provide some form of entertainment. They may be fine people, they may be total ass holes we don't know. So do you want a potential and in my belief likely ass hole raising your kids and being their compass? I highly doubt it after all almost ever one with a kid has the stupid ass "baby on board" sticker in their rear window like this child is going to be the saviour of mankind and thus I best drive extra cautiously around them.

Now as for dumb ass Blackmon. a .24 is a pretty high number. This ain't no 2 or 3 beer buzz blowing a .08. This guy was basically pissed at like 9 am ... WTF!!! Got a slight drinking problem buddy? This is his second DUI is approx 4 yrs. This ass hole might want to seek out some help before he does kill himself or some poor ass bystander. He is definitiely the "TOOL of the DAY" what a schmuck. Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is know way to go through life. He may not be fat, but he sure is drunk and stupid.

Mad Cat out ... :devil:

"Tool of the Day" Mug Shot 1

"Tool of the Day" Mug Shot 2

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Quote :
Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor aggravated DUI charge on Monday.

If Blackmon doesn't change that plea, it appears he is headed for trial. Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union spoke with the District Attorney in Oklahoma handling the case. He said they won't plea bargain down to reckless driving.

Blackmon had a previous DUI arrest, but that wound up being a minor in possession of beer, not a DUI. If Blackmon is convicted, he would face felony charges if he was arrested again for DUI. A guilty plea or a conviction also won't help Blackmon's chances of avoiding an NFL suspension.

The No. 5 overall pick of the Jaguars is currently unsigned. It's possible the Jaguars will offer him less guaranteed money following the news. Blackmon took a breathalyzer test and reportedly blew three times the legal limit.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm

I am a buy low guy with Blackmon in any league and would pick him starting at 1.5. Plain and simple he was dumb. I don't think this will affect him short or long term as far as production.

Now I am a bit of a gambler and will cross my fingers that he doesn't get caught again for a DUI which would be VERY bad. He will now be in the league's substance abuse program and will be subject to tests for all drugs including alcohol which again could be bad down the road.

I do think he is the most talented WR in this class with the possible exception of Floyd who also has had problems with DUI's and is risky. I know he has the talent to be the #1WR for the Jaguars and catch balls in the range of the top rookies last year. If he can make some guys pay for putting 8 in the box to stop MJD he could have 4-8 TDS too which is a good start imo.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Good post Todd

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 am

Quote :
The Florida Times-Union noted Monday that police said Blackmon was "argumentative" when he was pulled over. He failed to yield to police for four blocks. When questioned, Blackmon reportedly said, "I just flew in. I don't know why you are harassing me."

He blew a .24 and .26 on his breathalyzer test, over three times the legal limit. The District Attorney in Stillwater, Okla., indicated Blackmon will not be able to plea to a lesser charge.

Blackmon is expected to return to the Jaguars for offseason conditioning Tuesday and is likely to hold a news conference this week. Blackmon's arrest came at a time the team was starting its caravan to try to sell season tickets outside of Jacksonville. The No. 5 overall pick was scheduled to appear at a team event in Georgia on Friday.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:12 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
The Florida Times-Union noted Monday that police said Blackmon was "argumentative" when he was pulled over. He failed to yield to police for four blocks. When questioned, Blackmon reportedly said, "I just flew in. I don't know why you are harassing me."

He blew a .24 and .26 on his breathalyzer test, over three times the legal limit. The District Attorney in Stillwater, Okla., indicated Blackmon will not be able to plea to a lesser charge.

Blackmon is expected to return to the Jaguars for offseason conditioning Tuesday and is likely to hold a news conference this week. Blackmon's arrest came at a time the team was starting its caravan to try to sell season tickets outside of Jacksonville. The No. 5 overall pick was scheduled to appear at a team event in Georgia on Friday.

Why people continue to allow themselves to take this test is beyond me. Just refuse it. Oh well. Why even give yourself the option of getting an extreme DUI (not sure htey have X DUI in Okla)

ETA: Just read the report that Okla does have X DUi. yikes. Prosecutors typically like to "make an example" in a case like this. I bet he gets charged with the felony.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Quote :

Why people continue to allow themselves to take this test is beyond me. Just refuse it. Oh well. Why even give yourself the option of getting an extreme DUI (not sure htey have X DUI in Okla)

ETA: Just read the report that Okla does have X DUi. yikes. Prosecutors typically like to "make an example" in a case like this. I bet he gets charged with the felony.

Hope so. Ive seen my share of families ruined by stupid drunks. :dry:

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Quote :
Justin Blackmon has been charged with a misdemeanor in his Sunday DUI arrest. Analysis: It's why he's unlikely to face jail time. Blackmon escaped without felony charges because he's technically never been convicted of DUI. He was arrested for DUI as a redshirt sophomore at Oklahoma State, but those charges were plea bargained down to "minor in possession of beer." The Stillwater DA has said there will not be a plea bargain in Blackmon's current case. He will likely be facing a 1-2 game suspension from the league.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Quote :
Justin Blackmon has been charged with a misdemeanor in his Sunday DUI arrest. Analysis: It's why he's unlikely to face jail time. Blackmon escaped without felony charges because he's technically never been convicted of DUI. He was arrested for DUI as a redshirt sophomore at Oklahoma State, but those charges were plea bargained down to "minor in possession of beer." The Stillwater DA has said there will not be a plea bargain in Blackmon's current case. He will likely be facing a 1-2 game suspension from the league.

Next time he is fucked though so he better have learned something.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Indeed. I doubt he has though. The more time he spends with the Jags the more the urge to drink will rise.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Quote :
Justin Blackmon stated at a Wednesday press conference that he has given up drinking "for right now" following a second DUI arrest in a 20-month span.

Blackmon denied that he has a drinking problem, even if the facts suggest otherwise. "We're obviously very disappointed in this incident," GM Gene Smith said. "This type of behavior is unacceptable." Smith indicated that any discipline for Blackmon would be a "league matter," and not come from the Jaguars.

"For Right Now" what an ass hahaha. He better shape up as I have him on my RW team and a nice 5 year contract. He can drink at home on Monday Mornings for all I care, just don't get in trouble and stay on the field.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:30 pm

thats like those times when I remember my arms wrapped around the toilet bowl and swearing I would never drink again. Good luck with that.

SOmeone bring me a beer.

beer

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
thats like those times when I remember my arms wrapped around the toilet bowl and swearing I would never drink again. Good luck with that.

SOmeone bring me a beer.

beer

Beer my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get my fucking Tequila

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm

NFL Network just said Blackmon is unlikely to get suspended for any games. Maybe just a league fine.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't know why he didn't go with the standard "I don't drink any more."

"I don't drink any less either."

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I wish I had a $1 for everytime I was done drinking.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I wish I had a $1 for everytime I was done drinking.
good post Me too!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Quote :
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft pick Justin Blackmon pleaded guilty Tuesday to drunken driving in Oklahoma last month and was given a sentence that includes no jail time for the former Oklahoma State star.

''He is mortified by this,'' defense attorney Cheryl Ramsey said shortly after she withdrew Blackmon's previous not guilty plea to a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence and entered the guilty plea as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors. Blackmon did not attend the brief hearing in Payne County District Court.

''He has apologized to the NFL commissioner. He apologized to the Jacksonville Jaguars. It will not happen again,'' Ramsey said.

Special Judge Michael Stano accepted Blackmon's plea and imposed a deferred sentence of one year, meaning Blackmon will serve no jail time if he fulfills the terms of his sentence. Among other things, Blackmon must pay a $500 fine and $100 to a drug abuse and treatment fund as well as court costs. He must also complete 50 hours of community service and fulfill other plea requirements by Jan. 24.

I'll be interested to see how old Rodger handles this one.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 am

(Rotoworld) Jaguars first-round pick Justin Blackmon was a no-show for the first day of training camp Thursday, and is officially a holdout. Analysis: Blackmon certainly would have been signed, sealed, and delivered by now if not for his post-draft DUI. The Jags are refusing to budge on a deal without language protecting the organization from another Blackmon off-field blunder.

Blunder is right. Kenny Britt II

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 am

Blackmon will be a stud, I will continue to buy low every chance I can get.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

no

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

no

DITTO nono

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 am

I have no faith in him.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:04 pm

you guys are funny, this kid has not even seen the field yet in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Exactly

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

Exactly

Yeah, ditto here, bad move on his part, can't blame the Jags for their position.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justin Blackmon WR JAC   

Back to top Go down

Justin Blackmon WR JAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: