x

Share | 

Devin Funchess WR CAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:52 am

Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan:

The former Michigan standout was viewed as one of the most athletic hybrid (WR/TE) prospects in the draft, but a disappointing 40 time (4.70) will lead scouts to question his ability to thrive on the perimeter. Funchess' lack of explosiveness could make it hard for him to work free from defensive backs on vertical routes, and his lack of supreme strength (17 reps of 225 pounds) makes it tough to envision him moving defenders off the ball as a tight end. Thus, the Wolverine playmaker could be a man without a position at the next level.

This is my Buyer Beware player.  It is early and people's opinions may change on him before the actual draft but I have said from the beginning the guy is better as a TE not a wideout.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri May 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Panthers traded up for him.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Sat May 02, 2015 6:22 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Panthers traded up for him.

They definately like him if they traded up for him. Big body guy could be a good landing spot for him.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:14 am

Under-estimated, under-appreciated and under the radar as a Rookie of the Year candidate. Yeah I said it.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 am

The problem with Funchess being a ROY candidate is that CAR is a run based offense and of course his QB is a little less than accurate in the passing game... I think Funchess will be a good player and I have drafted him in a couple of leagues, but I don't see him being able to keep pace with Cooper, White or Agholor (or even Parker) as far as rookie WR production...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 am

He's certainly on to watch this season for sure

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:08 pm

I think Funchess will be an excellent complement to Benjamin.  I don't think Funchess will be rookie of the year, but he will definitely put up some good numbers

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:45 pm

If Carolina can't get a running game going it could get interesting...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:02 pm

I had my eyes on him all off-season, just like I did with Kelvin Benjamin last year. Then when he went to play behind Benjamin, I had to give up on him. Funchess will be good, but he cannot compete with Benjamin.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Minions wrote:
Funchess will be good, but he cannot compete with Benjamin.

OOOOOoooooohhhhh shit! That is bold brotha.

I see it the other way around. shrug

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I think Funchess will be an excellent complement to Benjamin.  I don't think Funchess will be rookie of the year, but he will definitely put up some good numbers

I have heard some talking heads predict Funchess to get 50 rec 700 yards and 5 TDs

That would be a solid WR3 on most rosters.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Minions wrote:
Funchess will be good, but he cannot compete with Benjamin.

OOOOOoooooohhhhh shit! That is bold brotha.

I see it the other way around. shrug

Shawn agrees with Shawn....hehe

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Quote :
Funchess tweaked his hamstring toward the end of Wednesday's practice, the Charlotte Observer reports.

If he ever had a chance to step up, this is it. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:14 pm

He has the potential to be the top rookie WR with Benjamin out IMO.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Benajmin being out doesn't make Funchess a better player. I guess it's possible given that White isn't going to be a candidate and Perriman has basically missed this pre-season, but I don't think Funchess is a lock to be the leading receiver on his own team.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:16 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Benajmin being out doesn't make Funchess a better player. I guess it's possible given that White isn't going to be a candidate and Perriman has basically missed this pre-season, but I don't think Funchess is a lock to be the leading receiver on his own team.

Cooper and Agholor will give him a run for his money. I'd think it more likely either one of those takes the top spot (IMO)

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Cooper is a much better prospect than Funchess, not even close... Part of what I did like about Funchess was that he would be lining up across from Benjamin as the #2... I am not sure he can step up and be the #1 himself...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:13 pm

I had Benjamin ranked #3 at WR last year. I had Funchess ranked #3 this year prior to the draft. I view Funchess as a slower Benjamin, and Funchess will not high point the ball. Which makes Benjamin a much better player as I see it. When Funchess went to the Panthers, and behind Benjamin, I abandoned ship on the Funchess fun train. I moved him down around #10 or so at WR. Now with Benjamin out, Funchess is back up at the top, behind Cooper and White. But obviously White is out. So that's why I feel like he could make a push for the #1 spot.

I honestly don't get the Agholor love. Yes he is very talented. Yes he is filling Maclin's spot on Chip Kelly's team. My problem is that he is not Maclin, and Sam Bradford isn't that good and will get hurt. Which leaves Sanchez as the man. I don't see that as a successful situation like most do. I do think he will be very good, but I have my doubts that he will be in the top 2 rookie receivers.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I am not sure he can step up and be the #1 himself...

Agreed...A lot to ask of a rookie, to carry a team. Especially given Carolina's other receivers...No one to draw coverage. He played in the Big 10, not exactly the most talented division at the Cornerback position. In addition, Michigan could protect him with other talent, now absent.

Probably in the minority, but I think it boosts Stewart, as they look to slow the game down, and control the possessions...Course, that could also lead to an early exit, when the injury bug comes a calling. Let the defense help; and maybe Cam is back to running a bit more?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:26 am

Funchess is a guy that cannot carry a team, I agree with that. But he will benefit from more targets, and the WR group is just terrible. The more targets he sees, makes him a better play in 2016 and beyond and that is the way I see it. I can also see him having 3-5 big games this season. Could have a couple multiple TD games in the redzone with that big body.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I am not sure he can step up and be the #1 himself...

Agreed...A lot to ask of a rookie, to carry a team.  Especially given Carolina's other receivers...No one to draw coverage.  He played in the Big 10, not exactly the most talented division at the Cornerback position.  In addition, Michigan could protect him with other talent, now absent.

Probably in the minority, but I think it boosts Stewart, as they look to slow the game down, and control the possessions...Course, that could also lead to an early exit, when the injury bug comes a calling.  Let the defense help; and maybe Cam is back to running a bit more?

An early injury exit by Steward puts the ball in 2 Auburn players in Cam and Cammeron.... War Eagle.....

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:39 am

A fella can dream, can't he? wink

Quote :
Summer hype sensation Devin Funchess received more positive reviews after practice on Tuesday as ESPN called the second-year wide out “one of the MVP’s of training camp,” and the Charlotte Observer declared that Funchess is “ready to break through in a big way.” Funchess’ ADP currently sits in the 14th round of 12-team leagues, which is ripe for value in fantasy drafts. With Kelvin Benjamin coming back from a knee injury and Funchess seemingly improving by the day after an up-and-down rookie season, be sure to skip Benjamin in the early rounds and slap a shiny red bulls-eye on Funchess’ name in the later rounds.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 am

I like Funchess. Pulling for him! Carolina sure needs another target.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:41 am

I believe Funchess to be superior to Kelvin Benjamin and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he becomes the #1 WR in this offense this season... That being said, this offense is still a run first attack and the passing game still goes through Greg Olson first... But I could see Funchess finishing as a good WR2 for fantasy purposes...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Bunches of targets for Funchess!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Beating out Benjamin wouldn't be a huge feat in my eyes. I felt Funchess had a chance to become something and maybe he will, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't pan out because it is a run first team and Benjamin will likely get treated like the guy more than he should.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
A fella can dream, can't he?   wink

Quote :
Summer hype sensation Devin Funchess received more positive reviews after practice on Tuesday as ESPN called the second-year wide out “one of the MVP’s of training camp,” and the Charlotte Observer declared that Funchess is “ready to break through in a big way.” Funchess’ ADP currently sits in the 14th round of 12-team leagues, which is ripe for value in fantasy drafts. With Kelvin Benjamin coming back from a knee injury and Funchess seemingly improving by the day after an up-and-down rookie season, be sure to skip Benjamin in the early rounds and slap a shiny red bulls-eye on Funchess’ name in the later rounds.

Big fan of Funchess and agree with Chris's assessment, but who the hell are the people drafting if he's lasting until the 14th round???

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:01 am

What the heck is going on with this guy?

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:50 am

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
it's not him. It's the whole Carolina offense, no opportunities.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:51 am

He's not very good, that's what.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Kelvin Benjamin is blocking his path to success?   poking

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Kelvin Benjamin is blocking his path to success?   poking

It's sad if he is being blocked by 12 points in the last two weeks..."something" is certainly bad right now, in Carolina.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:30 pm

The whole offense has been out of sync this season, despite Cam still putting up good fantasy numbers, when you actually watch them play it is less than impressive! Its a good thing they have huge receivers, because Cam's accuracy is not good at all... The running game isn't helping either, it wasn't great with Stewart in there, but it has been really bad the last couple of weeks without him...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess WR CAR   

Back to top Go down

Devin Funchess WR CAR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: