HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Jeff Janis WR GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6081

PostSubject: Jeff Janis WR GB   Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he thinks second-year WR Jeff Janis will "take a big step" in 2015.

"Obviously, I think we all saw his vertical speed. He’s an extremely physical young man," McCarthy said. "He’s an Olympian in the weight room. He’s got a lot of raw skill, and I look for him to make that jump." A favorite of the metric community, Janis was an extremely athletic but raw receiver when the Packers took him in the seventh round last year. After spending a year honing his craft, Janis will have the opportunity to carve out a role in the Packers' high-powered offense this preseason. He is a strong hold in Dynasty leagues.

How significant?  If they lock up Cobb this is going to make some muddy waters in the WR core in GB---IMO.
I guess we have to see if he takes the significant step first------


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6081

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Looks like only one team in RW owns him Muskies

Maybe we can get a view from his hopes and dreams about Janis


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:42 pm

I think he's got 2-3yrs before he's able to contribute consistently, barring any injuries he's probably a 4/5 WR next year. He was lost in the Preseason, he had trouble picking up the playbook we'll see if he has a better grasp of that next season. If #12 can't trust him he ain't playing. His potential and his QB keeps him on my roster for 2 more years


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:43 am

I don't see Janis hitting the field much in 2015, regardless of what McCarthy says. If and when they lock up Cobb the top the 3 WR, without a doubt, will be Jordy, Cobb and Adams. So I don't see how he will see the field unless an injury occurs. There is just far better talent ahead of him at this time.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6081

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:31 pm

I agree Derrick---he is buried on the depth chart right now. He would be used mostly only incase of injury.

I havent forgotten about Abberdais (spelling) either.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I don't see Janis hitting the field much in 2015, regardless of what McCarthy says.   If and when they lock up Cobb the top the 3 WR, without a doubt, will be Jordy, Cobb and Adams.  So I don't see how he will see the field unless an injury occurs.  There is just far better talent ahead of him at this time.

You are definitely right 1. Jordy 2. Cobb 3. Adams 4/5 Abbe and Janis (both are really raw) but honestly I see them using Janis more than Abbe specifically in their red zone offense purely because of his size.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am

Janis will get a chance to play when Cobb or Nelson go down with injury


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2567

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:58 am

Don't you put that bad juju on Cobb.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:12 am

Im putting that bad juju on them both since I have both Adams and Janis


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:20 am

Janis is getting some 1st team reps with Jordy still on the shelf following surgery. Valuable time with Rodgers, hopefully he gets on the field a bit this year.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Jody has become a little fragile the last few years so I like Janis chances to get on the field some time this year. He just has to show out better then the rookie


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

I hear talks that the Packers may try and use Montgomery in that Cobb type role kind of like Cobb. Put him in the backfield a few times, make a LB or safety cover him out of the backfield and get him some touches out of the slot. Janis will get the nod early as the #4 he's got to prove that Rodgers can count on him.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:34 am

What are we talking here? Fantasy relevance, or just meaningful to the packers for a game or two?


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:18 am

Hope for one and get the other...


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:43 pm

I think Janis has a chance to be fantasy relevant in a year or two, probably not this season (barring injuries in front of him)... I would agree that is fate is more tied to Jordy than Adams or Cobb, Janis projects more in the outside receiver role that Nelson plays, not so much in the slot or moving all over the formation. He is an interesting player to watch though, very talented...


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8924

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think Janis has a chance to be fantasy relevant in a year or two,  probably not this season (barring injuries in front of him)...    I would agree that is fate is more tied to Jordy than Adams or Cobb,   Janis projects more in the outside receiver role that Nelson plays,  not so much in the slot or moving all over the formation.   He is an interesting player to watch though,   very talented...

Nailed it, Chris. He's behind Jordy. If Jordy goes down, everything I've ready says Janis starts in his place.

vote yes


Back to top Go down
Online
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:09 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think Janis has a chance to be fantasy relevant in a year or two,  probably not this season (barring injuries in front of him)...    I would agree that is fate is more tied to Jordy than Adams or Cobb,   Janis projects more in the outside receiver role that Nelson plays,  not so much in the slot or moving all over the formation.   He is an interesting player to watch though,   very talented...

Nailed it, Chris. He's behind Jordy. If Jordy goes down, everything I've ready says Janis starts in his place.

vote yes
That's a little deceiving because if Jordy goes down its not like Janis steps in as the #1 option, he'd still be #3 option at best, probably #4 behind Rodgers. He may get a lot more time on the field but he's still pretty low in the pecking order


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think Janis has a chance to be fantasy relevant in a year or two,  probably not this season (barring injuries in front of him)...    I would agree that is fate is more tied to Jordy than Adams or Cobb,   Janis projects more in the outside receiver role that Nelson plays,  not so much in the slot or moving all over the formation.   He is an interesting player to watch though,   very talented...

Nailed it, Chris. He's behind Jordy. If Jordy goes down, everything I've ready says Janis starts in his place.

vote yes
That's a little deceiving because if Jordy goes down its not like Janis steps in as the #1 option, he'd still be #3 option at best, probably #4 behind Rodgers. He may get a lot more time on the field but he's still pretty low in the pecking order

Agreed!  Janis might be good, but there is no way he steps in for Jordy if he goes down.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:00 pm

I still don't get what we are talking about here. Isn't this the case for the backup on 31 other teams? Why are we only focusing on this guy?


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:41 pm

We're talking about the likelihood of fantasy relevance, the 31 other teams don't have Rodgers as a QB so no we wouldn't be talking about the their #4WR in regards to fantasy relevance. It's July man, what else are we going to talk about. Plus I never miss an opportunity to talk about Packer football.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:04 pm

As much as I hate the fudgepackers I can't discount the power of Rogers making receivers fantasy relevant.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:23 pm

You guys can scold me now. You had every right to be talking about him. I just lost my crystal ball.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:40 am

This deal with Nelson is the exact scenario that would benefit Janis the most... It is up to him to step it up and sieze his opportunity.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 am

ESPN wrote:
Aaron Rodgers "isn't quite sure" who will take over as the Packers' new third receiver.
While beat writers seem convinced the job will go to rookie Ty Montgomery, Rodgers' uncertainty suggests the door is still open for vertical-stretching sophomore Jeff Janis. ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky confirms the No. 3 battle will come down to Janis and Montgomery only. Rodgers did acknowledge the need for an additional wideout to step up. "There's going to be some one-on-ones outside, and we look for matchups," Rodgers explained. "So that third guy could get the matchup and is going to need to produce." The Packers ran three-receiver formations on over 70 percent of their 2014 offensive plays.

...Rodgers says "Just R-E-L-A-X"


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11022

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

I think it will be a combination of Janis and Montgomery with Monty getting more catches, and Janis getting more long balls. Getting Montgomery and Cobb on the field together should be a priority. Two dynamic WR's such as them could be dangerous.

Last year we put Cobb in the backfield often, and defenses were forced to adjust. What do you do when you move that playmaker to the backfield and you still have one in the slot. Just makes it hard to defend.


Back to top Go down
Online
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 am

Quote :
Jeff Janis is listed with the third-team offense on Green Bay's official depth chart.
Janis is behind both Ty Montgomery and new signee James Jones. With Jones appearing likely to slot in as Aaron Rodgers' No. 3, Janis will have to battle Montgomery for No. 4 scraps. It's pretty clear the Pack prefer third-rounder Montgomery.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:20 pm

My personal opinion is Montgomery is way better than Janis.  I like Janis, but Montgomery has the higher upside out of the two.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11022

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:33 pm

It will be interesting to see how they do it. I picture Janis as the guy that can blow the top off a defense, if he corrects his mental mistakes and earns back Aaron's trust. Monty is a guy that makes things VERY interesting though. He is shifty and dynamic like Cobb. Could be awesome to get those guys on the field at the same time. There were times when we lined Cobb up in the backfield last year to make the defense adjust, it would be great to see that happen and still have a guy like him out wide at times or in the slot yet.


Back to top Go down
Online
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Rodgers can make anybody good, just plug and play.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jeff Janis WR GB   

Back to top Go down
 
Jeff Janis WR GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: