Share | 

Whiskey??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Went to Scotland back in September of 16 and brought back about 10 bottles. I cant recall the price, think it was about 75$ though but the Arberlour A'bundah was by far my favorite.. I got a very tiny but left of that and a Glenfiddich IPA experiment one which was also fantastic.

Other than that in my cupboard is a handle of Glen Moray that I bottled myself over there and wrote on the label "Do Not Open until Scarlett's (my daughter) Wedding". Think it will be pretty cool one day to crack open that thing at her wedding, bottled by Dad in 2016.

And last but not least a Ole' Smoky Tennessee Mountain Made Salty Watermelon whiskey. On the trip out from MD the fam and I spent a few days in the Smokey Mountains and because we are great parents wife and I did some whiskey tasting tours, all that's left is the memories and this last bottle.

Where did you visit in Scotland Sam?

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
Went to Scotland back in September of 16 and brought back about 10 bottles. I cant recall the price, think it was about 75$ though but the Arberlour A'bundah was by far my favorite.. I got a very tiny but left of that and a Glenfiddich IPA experiment one which was also fantastic.

Other than that in my cupboard is a handle of Glen Moray that I bottled myself over there and wrote on the label "Do Not Open until Scarlett's (my daughter) Wedding". Think it will be pretty cool one day to crack open that thing at her wedding, bottled by Dad in 2016.

And last but not least a Ole' Smoky Tennessee Mountain Made Salty Watermelon whiskey. On the trip out from MD the fam and I spent a few days in the Smokey Mountains and because we are great parents wife and I did some whiskey tasting tours, all that's left is the memories and this last bottle.

So jelly. Me and two of my closest friends have the dream of a Scotch tour. And you got to bottle your own!

Let me know if you ever get round to visiting Scotland Collin. I could make some good recommendations on distilleries to visit and I know a few people who run them.

For sure, bud! That sounds fucking awesome. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Where did you visit in Scotland Sam?

In your backyard bud. We stayed in a castle at Forres but were doing operations out of Edinburgh. We were there for exercise Cable Car October of 2016.

Did Losse, castle's (Dunnottar  was my favorite) and plenty of distillery tours (Aberlour, Glenfiddich, Glen Moray & one more that I cant recall) when we weren't flying.

Let me share some pics:

The "hotel"

The after effects of the scotch/whiskey tasting tours

The daughter's wedding bottle

And Dunnottar Castle

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 am

That Dunnottar castle shot is beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:12 pm

I just can't believe you visited Scotland and it wasn't raining!

Pics look good man, glad you enjoyed. That is a beautiful part of our country.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Yesterday at 5:57 am

Bro it was/is beautiful. We were there for about 10 days and it probably rained at least 6 of em. The day we went to Dunnottar was one of the exceptions.

My pictures from being on Loch Ness tell the story of the rain. lol

We flew a crap ton while there, but it's not my first rodeo, we would land sleep for about 3/4 hours and get to it before we needed to be back and repeat the next day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   

Back to top Go down

Whiskey??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: