x

Share | 

Whiskey??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Was wondering if anybody knew any good Whiskey or shots to try?  

I usually only drink beer, but on Friday night I went to the Tilted Kilt and had shots of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey.  That shit was soooo fuckin good I think I'm going to have to buy some!!!!!  It went down like water and had the best taste EVER!!!

So if anybody has any others I should try let me know, because I am really interested to see what else is out there

:pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi:

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:58 pm

The honey bourbon genre has taken the market by storm.  I agree that it has a nice flavor and certainly goes down easy.  

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to bourbon and my favorite is Fighting Cock.  103 proof so it carries a little extra bite but great flavor and good for sippin' or shootin'.

I rarely see it in bars, so when I'm out I'm usually ordering Maker's.

Last edited by Baja Beatniks on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Oh, and if you need a little sweetness to enjoy bourbon, order an Old Fashioned. Like most classics, plenty of bartenders fuck them up so don't give up on it if the first one sucks. Try again at the next bar you're at. Or make your own at home!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:47 pm

I am not a honey whisky fan. Too sweet.

Ever try the pickle juice shot?

Jameson shot poured separately pickle juice in a shot Drink J first then the Pickle. Its popular but not my style.

I did Irish Car Bombs with my son and his friends for the ND vs Purdue football game in Indianapolis this past Sept.

You have to drink this one fast but it doesnt taste like alcohol at all..........

Take a shot glass half full of Jameson and the other half Baileys Irish Cream

Drop it in a half full glass of Guinness

If you dont stay on that it will curdle in your mouth.....so no slacking pal

Love those

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Personally I would go lighter on the Guiness than these glasses shown here.......that is alot to drink. The first picture is more accurate.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 pm

I haven't had Whiskey since I was 21. I had a rough night. And day. And night. And day again.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Coinflip wrote:
Personally I would go lighter on the Guiness than these glasses shown here.......that is alot to drink.  The first picture is more accurate.

Same amount of beer in pic 1 as pic 4. Shot glass and contents have displaced the beer, thus the rise in overall level. tongue

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Cool guys thanks, I am going to have to try some of the ones you listed Corey.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:27 pm

I had a really bad experience when I was 19 with Southern Comfort. I was sick for over a day. The smell of any whiskey makes me run to the toilet.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I had a really bad experience when I was 19 with Southern Comfort.  I was sick for over a day.  The smell of any whiskey makes me run to the toilet.

Sounds similar to my experience with Tekillya. Even the smell of hand sanitizer brings back some memories that shall not ever be spoken of ever ever ever again.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:19 pm

I love Tequila.

Hennessy is my favorite straight shot.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Coinflip wrote:
I love Tequila.

Hennessy is my favorite straight shot.

love Hennessy
Was married to Jagermeister for years. I can see I am derailing this topic so carry on. If I go any further I will be in danger of falling off the wagon. :pepsi:

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I had a really bad experience when I was 19 with Southern Comfort.  I was sick for over a day.  The smell of any whiskey makes me run to the toilet.

Southern Comfort is a liqueur instead of a whiskey. But it does have whiskey flavoring. I love me some SoCo :-) It goes well with any soda. Coke, 7up, or my favorite, fanta :-)

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:48 pm

My drink of choice that is not beer......is VO and 7 up

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Bushmills aged Irish Whiskey.

I do not drink much or often, but, my son brought home a 5th of this a while back and I really like it. Issue? It costs $109.00 for the bottle. At that price, if I had to pay for it, it would last 3 years! Of course, it is imported from Ireland........

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:15 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Sounds similar to my experience with Tekillya. Even the smell of hand sanitizer brings back some memories that shall not ever be spoken of ever ever ever again.

Yeah...Tequila and me had one horrible/glorious night together and never again!!!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 am

Gotta get up and back on the horse with Tequilla, guys.  100% pure agave only.  When you absolulely, posivitely have to go from 0-60 in 15 minutes.  Key is stopping at 60. laughing

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:08 am

lol 2 more like 0 - blackout in 4 minutes and waking up  jail  hearing an officer say "Donaldson, come on, it's time to go," or the more common sound of my wife saying "do you remember what you did last night?"  tough guy as I am looking out the window to make sure my car is in the driveway and still intact.

middle finger tequila

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 am

My wife is Irish - they DRINK - and the generally accepted king of whiskey in my extended family is Bushmills Black Bush. I'm not arguing - they know what they are talking about...

laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:01 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Gotta get up and back on the horse with Tequilla, guys.  100% pure agave only.  When you absolulely, posivitely have to go from 0-60 in 15 minutes.  Key is stopping at 60. laughing

I certify this post. That being said I never have more than 2 shots in one night EVER. And I dont do them often.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:44 am

My tequila method is 5 shots, 3 minutes apart. And then no more liquor the rest of the night. I probably do it 3 or 4 times a year and though I do have the rare craving for it, I usually have an ulterior motive for drinking that way.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
My tequila method is 5 shots, 3 minutes apart.  And then no more liquor the rest of the night.  I probably do it 3 or 4 times a year and though I do have the rare craving for it, I usually have an ulterior motive for drinking that way.

Like tailgating?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:04 am

Fireball motherfucker. I shower in that shit.

And by that I mean I'll have a shot every now and then. Love the stuff though.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:18 am

I like a Jagerbomb now and then but that stuff keeps me awake at night due to the Red Bull.

I have to shoot that early like before 6 pm or forget it. Great tasting shot.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:22 am

Anytime I hear "Jagerbombs" I think of this:

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 am

That guy has serious problems. MOMMIE where is my protein shakes!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:08 am

Dont forget snake bites.

Yukon jack and Lime Juice

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Straight alcohol of any variety activates my gag reflex instantly. Too many shots of too many different boozes as a youngster, I just can't stand it anymore. I'm kind of an alcoholic, but not in the sense that I drink/drank all the time or that I was ever a compulsive drinker, but I have a problem where I have a point of no return- once I get past a certain level of inebriation, I don't stop drinking until I black/pass out. I just can't stop, it's like my off-switch gets disconnected. Even when I know "hey, I'm fucked up and need to stop", I don't. And, if I do, all I want to do is keep drinking (luckily I'm not an angry/violent drunk, jeebus only knows where I'd be if that were the case...)

I can handle my shit with beer or a few cocktails, but straight booze has the tendency to push me past that point wayyy faster than anything else... nothing but problems for me. I've got kids now and I'm too old for that shit anyways, no thanks.

With that said... Irish Car Bombs are the most glorious / evil shot every devised by man, and I'll happily drink one right now if someone is offering... And, FYI, if you're not using a full pint of Guinness less the room needed to accommodate the beer displaced by the shot glass, then you are doing it wrong!!!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

My tequila story summed up goes like this...drank like 7 beers...someone said try a tequila popper...I do...I decide it did "nothing" so I have another....still "nothing"....so I rock 5 more of them....it's midnight...I have to work at 6am....I got a lift home (no idea who was driving me there)....on the ride I get all sorts of sick...had to stop a few times to spew on the side of the road...woke up (somehow) and tastes that evil shit big time...got a ride to work...made it an hour at work and a coworker said I should leave sick because if the bossman sees me it will not end well (apparently swaying like a mofo) so I do....threw up outside waiting for my ride....the next 4 days at least I could fuckin taste tequila when I woke up and brushed my teeth like never before trying to make it go away.

Fuck tequila!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 pm

Coinflip wrote:
I like a Jagerbomb now and then but that stuff keeps me awake at night due to the Red Bull.

I have to shoot that early like before 6 pm or forget it.  Great tasting shot.

Yeah I like Jagerbombs as well!! Excellent choice thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Coinflip wrote:

I have to shoot that early like before 6 pm or forget it.  Great tasting shot.

Yeah I like Jagerbombs as well!!  Excellent choice thumbsup

when I was still drinking - I used to make these as a drink instead of just a shot - about 50/50 red bull/jager  = recipe for a wide awake blackout drunk

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 pm

England Dragons wrote:
My wife is Irish - they DRINK - and the generally accepted king of whiskey in my extended family is Bushmills Black Bush. I'm not arguing - they know what they are talking about...

laughing

EXACTLY!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 am

LVD----youre right on the jameson solid shot if youre looking for one.

I like start the night off with one shot.......then go to beer. The perfect night lasts 3-4 hrs.......(I am not a young boy anymore) and begins with a shot of Patron and 3 miller lites.

But I am a brewery beer guy.......so if I am doing that I will skip the shot and have 3 micro brews

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: WHISKEY   Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:56 am

In light of yet another heart breaking Kansas City playoff meltdown I am currently drinking away my sorrows watching some netflix.

What are your favorite whiskeys?

I prefer Bourbons to scotch or traditional whiskeys.  I am a cheap motherfucker so I go for bottles under $50.

My under $50 bourbon/scotch whiskey list

1. Eagle Rare
2. Bulleit Bourbon
3. Jim Beam Devils Cut (I know what your thinking JB? Really?  for the price $22 here it is excellent)
4. Monkey Shoulder Scotch
5. Four Roses bourbon

This is my drop tonight.  Very good.  Caramel and lots of spice.  It was a christmas gift so i cant say if it was under $50 or not but it is right up there with Bulleit! CHEERS!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 am

I'm impressed Mitch.  You admit that you're drinking your sorrows away and the game ended some 7 hours ago.  Yet, you make a coherent post, no spelling errors, questions marks and all punctuation appear to be in the proper places, and your numbered list is even in numerical order.  bow

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I'm impressed Mitch.  You admit that you're drinking your sorrows away and the game ended some 7 hours ago.  Yet, you make a coherent post, no spelling errors, questions marks and all punctuation appear to be in the proper places, and your numbered list is even in numerical order.  bow

lol3 lol3 I google words if I type them and they are underlined in red as a spell check! I am no english teacher though so if my punctuation is correct then it is pure happen stance!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:15 am

Also i chilled out with some video games before i broke out the whiskey!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 am

For cheaper whisky, I love that Bulleit Rye. Dickel 12 year, Old Forester Single Barrel, Redbreast 12 year, WL Weller.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
For cheaper whisky, I love that Bulleit Rye. Dickel 12 year, Old Forester Single Barrel, Redbreast 12 year, WL Weller.

I was not crazy about the Bulleit Rye. I will for sure check out Dickel 12 thanks!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 am

Bump

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:06 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Bump

Thanks Ed. New topic merged with old topic.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:11 am

Uhg, my bad. 2:30 in the morning I was three sheets to the wind. Searching was beyond my capabilities.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 am

Went to Scotland back in September of 16 and brought back about 10 bottles. I cant recall the price, think it was about 75$ though but the Arberlour A'bundah was by far my favorite.. I got a very tiny but left of that and a Glenfiddich IPA experiment one which was also fantastic.

Other than that in my cupboard is a handle of Glen Moray that I bottled myself over there and wrote on the label "Do Not Open until Scarlett's (my daughter) Wedding". Think it will be pretty cool one day to crack open that thing at her wedding, bottled by Dad in 2016.

And last but not least a Ole' Smoky Tennessee Mountain Made Salty Watermelon whiskey. On the trip out from MD the fam and I spent a few days in the Smokey Mountains and because we are great parents wife and I did some whiskey tasting tours, all that's left is the memories and this last bottle.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Went to Scotland back in September of 16 and brought back about 10 bottles. I cant recall the price, think it was about 75$ though but the Arberlour A'bundah was by far my favorite.. I got a very tiny but left of that and a Glenfiddich IPA experiment one which was also fantastic.

Other than that in my cupboard is a handle of Glen Moray that I bottled myself over there and wrote on the label "Do Not Open until Scarlett's (my daughter) Wedding". Think it will be pretty cool one day to crack open that thing at her wedding, bottled by Dad in 2016.

And last but not least a Ole' Smoky Tennessee Mountain Made Salty Watermelon whiskey. On the trip out from MD the fam and I spent a few days in the Smokey Mountains and because we are great parents wife and I did some whiskey tasting tours, all that's left is the memories and this last bottle.

That is awesome Sam! I am Jealous!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Uhg, my bad.  2:30 in the morning I was three sheets to the wind.  Searching was beyond my capabilities.

I wouldn't have even looked had I started the same thread. Only Ed knows what's out there in the beyond.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Only Ed knows what's out there in the beyond.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Only Ed knows what's out there in the beyond.

lol3

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 pm

So jelly. Me and two of my closest friends have the dream of a Scotch tour. And you got to bottle your own!

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

So jelly. Me and two of my closest friends have the dream of a Scotch tour. And you got to bottle your own!

Let me know if you ever get round to visiting Scotland Collin. I could make some good recommendations on distilleries to visit and I know a few people who run them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whiskey??   

Back to top Go down

Whiskey??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: