HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Arian Foster RB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4925

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Foster, in that Houston offense, when he was healthy and getting a ton of carries, was a top 5 back.  But so was Ben Tate.  I'm not ready to say that he'll do the same with another team, and certainly not with the Dolphins.  I think that the best use for him now is in a committee approach with the hope that he can perform for you at the end of the year.  And I don't think that the Dolphins have the o-line talent to make things easy for Foster.  

He's a sell in my book.  But I can't find any buyers.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Is Foster made of glass? Sure he is. But you just cannot deny his talent. Paste that 30 label all over him if you want to, but a healthy Foster is a top 5 RB. Even if you only get that for 4 or 5 games, he is totally worth it.

I don't know about him being a shoe in top 5 RB in a different scheme, after this injury for sure. I view it as more of a gamble. One that could pan out of course, but also one that could set you back. Like I said, I just prefer to have other teams make these mistakes but hell, in the NFL I guess anything can happen. The Packers brought a 34 year old Julius Peppers in and he has 18 sacks in the last two years.

That RB cliff just comes around so quick....


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Foster, in that Houston offense, when he was healthy and getting a ton of carries, was a top 5 back.  But so was Ben Tate.  I'm not ready to say that he'll do the same with another team, and certainly not with the Dolphins.  I think that the best use for him now is in a committee approach with the hope that he can perform for you at the end of the year.  And I don't think that the Dolphins have the o-line talent to make things easy for Foster.  

He's a sell in my book.  But I can't find any buyers.

Was waiting for your response on this Russ, so as a Phin fan you would pass, or be happy to have him in town?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4925

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 pm

If I can get him on a deal for a million or two a year I'd gladly take a shot.  I don't trust Ajayi's health and haven't bought into Drake yet.  So we could use some help at RB and he's probably the best that is still out there.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Is Foster made of glass? Sure he is. But you just cannot deny his talent. Paste that 30 label all over him if you want to, but a healthy Foster is a top 5 RB. Even if you only get that for 4 or 5 games, he is totally worth it.

Really? Was his 4 games last season where he averaged 2.6 yards a carry and only scored 1 rushing TD worth it? laughing

In all seriousness though, I am not really saying he isn't "talented when healthy" , I just don't know that he will ever be healthy again, or even if he gets healthy I can't really see him maintaining it for any length of time...


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Quote :
BREAKING: RB Arian Foster is signing with the @MiamiDolphins.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2410

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:36 pm

More:
Quote :
Dolphins signed RB Arian Foster, formerly of the Texans.
Foster appeared in four games for Houston last season, averaging just 2.6 yards per carry but still looking spry in the passing game with a 22-227-2 receiving line on 28 targets. Jay Ajayi remains the favorite to start in Week 1, but we don't believe the Dolphins would sign a player of Foster's ilk as a clear-cut backup, and we don't believe Foster would continue his playing career unless he believed he was going to play. With third-round pick Kenyan Drake also likely to have at least some involvement, the Dolphins' backfield is now amongst the muddiest in the league.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

I am SO excited. Week 5.....



Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Keep Ajayi's knee fresh for a few games laughing


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Drake is the biggest loser in this. Well, there is no real winner, but I think he just got put from 3rd down duties, to sitting until Foster goes down.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Figures, this type of signing is why the Dolphins are widely regarded as a joke of a franchise...


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2860

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 pm

If they are smart and give him 10 touches per game, he could last the season. RB by committee


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
If they are smart and give him 10 touches per game, he could last the season.  RB by committee

That would be terrible for fantasy value, much like what the Giants did with 4 guys in 2015, but you are right - probably the smart way to get him through a season. Still think he has value as he will likely be the goal line back, so 6-8 TDs for a guy like Foster wouldn't be out of the question. Be one to keep an eye on pre season for sure
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:09 pm

the only value this signing gives a foster owner is the ability to sell him for something while you can... He will get injured again and his best days as a player are a long ways behind him...


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 am

Perfect for Foster. I can't wait for his 3 good games to prove you all WRONG!!! AHAHAHAAA Neutral


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2250

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
If they are smart and give him 10 touches per game, he could last the season.  RB by committee
Exactly cheers


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Perfect for Foster. I can't wait for his 3 good games to prove you all WRONG!!! AHAHAHAAA Neutral

LOL


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2410

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:56 am

stir the pot

Quote :
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson considers Arian Foster "the favorite" to start over Jay Ajayi as long as Foster is "completely healthy."
Coach Adam Gase has been talking up Foster the past week-plus since Foster signed a one-year deal. Ajayi is an unproven second-year pro who has some injury concerns of his own and doesn't have the pass-game skill set Foster possesses. Foster is no sure thing from an injury standpoint, either, but signs have been pointing to him being very involved since signing a contract last week. At this point, Foster will probably have to get hurt and/or Ajayi will need an incredible summer to take back the top spot on the Dolphins' depth chart.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19937

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Quote :
Arian Foster is officially listed as the No. 1 running back on the Dolphins' depth chart. Analysis: Jay Ajayi got a host of ceremonial August starts, but the Dolphins haven't tried to hide the fact that Foster will be their first preference on all three downs. Few players are bigger injury risks, while Foster looked a gear slower before popping his Achilles' tendon last season, but he'll be a legitimate RB2 for however long he's on the field.

How long does he make it into the season?


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8522

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:46 pm

He's not made it in to the season yet. Still 6 days til they play...

wink


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:35 am

This isn't surprising, especially after how terrible Ajayi looked all preseason... good news for Ajayi owners is they probably won't have to wait all that long for Foster to get hurt! laughing


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Figures,   this type of signing is why the Dolphins are widely regarded as a joke of a franchise...  

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This isn't surprising,  especially after how terrible Ajayi looked all preseason...   good news for Ajayi owners is they probably won't have to wait all that long for Foster to get hurt!  laughing

How quickly one's tune changes. Very convenient.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:21 pm

I thought that when people post their thoughts that goes away and you can't get fried for it later. Poor Chris.  laughing


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I thought that when people post their thoughts that goes away and you can't get fried for it later. Poor Chris.  laughing

In his defense, I am twisting his words just a tad. I have to razz him just a bit. Evil laugh


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Arian Foster is officially listed as the No. 1 running back on the Dolphins' depth chart. Analysis: Jay Ajayi got a host of ceremonial August starts, but the Dolphins haven't tried to hide the fact that Foster will be their first preference on all three downs. Few players are bigger injury risks, while Foster looked a gear slower before popping his Achilles' tendon last season, but he'll be a legitimate RB2 for however long he's on the field.

How long does he make it into the season?

I put over under at 5 games


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Figures,   this type of signing is why the Dolphins are widely regarded as a joke of a franchise...  

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This isn't surprising,  especially after how terrible Ajayi looked all preseason...   good news for Ajayi owners is they probably won't have to wait all that long for Foster to get hurt!  laughing

How quickly one's tune changes. Very convenient.

WTF are you talking about? I didn't change my tune at all... I still think Foster is done and Miami signing him was a joke... All I was saying was that it wasn't surprising they named him the starter over Ajayi who isn't a very good RB...


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2250

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Foster should be under the Reggie Bush protocol, no more than 10touches a game if you want to make him last a whole season


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Figures,   this type of signing is why the Dolphins are widely regarded as a joke of a franchise...  

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This isn't surprising,  especially after how terrible Ajayi looked all preseason...   good news for Ajayi owners is they probably won't have to wait all that long for Foster to get hurt!  laughing

How quickly one's tune changes. Very convenient.

WTF are you talking about?  I didn't change my tune at all...   I still think Foster is done and Miami signing him was a joke...   All I was saying was that it wasn't surprising they named him the starter over Ajayi who isn't a very good RB...

Two comments before yours wink


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3283

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Foster can still get the job done and will prove his doubters wrong this year! #BadAss


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5146

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:32 pm

This is super weird...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/arian-foster-misses-practice-with-hamstring-injury/


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
This is super weird...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/arian-foster-misses-practice-with-hamstring-injury/

That was meant to be a joke right?


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5146

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:21 pm

I mean, he's so durable. Hard to believe he'd be missing a practice after just his first game.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6501

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 pm

I like jokes


Back to top Go down
Online
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Foster is like the energizer bunny.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Foster is like the energizer bunny.

I think You mean the bunny from the energizer ads that just has regular batteries


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4925

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:30 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
This is super weird...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/arian-foster-misses-practice-with-hamstring-injury/


And in other news, JFF was thrown out of a bar for being too drunk.

Is this news anymore.  If you have Foster ride him as long as you can until he gets injured.  It'll happen.  All you can hope is that he gives you 4 or 5 solid games before it happens.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I never gamble but was Vegas taking bets on over/under for when he gets injured - if so Why did I not bet on it...


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8522

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:24 am

Terrible week for RB injuries...



Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 pm

I really enjoyed watching him play. I wish his body would have held up better, but he was something special in his prime.

It looks like my prediction of getting 4 games out of him was way off. I lose that bet.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 pm

All Ajayi, all the time. Enjoy retirement Foster.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19937

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Quote :
Rendered a non-factor in Miami's offense amid Jay Ajayi's emergence as a burgeoning superstar, veteran running back Arian Foster announced his retirement Monday.

Foster made his Dolphins debut as the Week 1 starter, but was waylaid by the latest in a long line of soft-tissue injuries early in the Week 2 loss to the Patriots. He will finish his brief Miami career with 55 rushing yards on 22 attempts.

ROFL

Can't make this shit up.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3283

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:45 pm

I will miss Foster! Always enjoyed watching him tote the rock! One of my favorite RBs of all time! But not my all time favorite though. For who it is, you will need to check my sig wink


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2506

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I will miss Foster!  Always enjoyed watching him tote the rock!  One of my favorite RBs of all time!  But not my all time favorite though.  For who it is, you will need to check my sig wink

I figured it out.  That was too easy of a hint. laughing


Back to top Go down
Online
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9640

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:10 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I will miss Foster!  Always enjoyed watching him tote the rock!  One of my favorite RBs of all time!  But not my all time favorite though.  For who it is, you will need to check my sig wink

I figured it out.  That was too easy of a hint. laughing

Agent47 was a RB?


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6501

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I will miss Foster!  Always enjoyed watching him tote the rock!  One of my favorite RBs of all time!  But not my all time favorite though.  For who it is, you will need to check my sig wink

I figured it out.  That was too easy of a hint. laughing

Agent47 was a RB?

I'm trying to figure out what RB had $0 career winnings?


Back to top Go down
Online
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2506

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I will miss Foster!  Always enjoyed watching him tote the rock!  One of my favorite RBs of all time!  But not my all time favorite though.  For who it is, you will need to check my sig wink

I figured it out.  That was too easy of a hint. laughing

Agent47 was a RB?

I'm trying to figure out what RB had $0 career winnings?

So maybe I was wrong, back to the drawing board.


Back to top Go down
Online
Shaferville Stars
 
 
avatar

Posts : 472

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:56 am

Even though I live in TN, I despise the Vols. Fans are obnoxious and delusional.

However...I love Arian Foster and have a ton of respect for him. Sorry to see him go. :(


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Salute!! You will be missed, but he has been a shell of himself for a few seasons anyway due to injuries.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Arian Foster RB RET   

Back to top Go down
 
Arian Foster RB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: