Share | 

Stevie Johnson WR FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 am

Landed himself a nice five year deal.

I think this is great for Buffalo and the guy has a ton of potential if he knocks off a few of the bonehead moves.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 pm

"The Bills didn't disclose terms of the agreement, but a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Johnson received a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million guaranteed and over $24 million in the contract's first three years."

I agree always have been a fan of Johnson's game. Great for the city of Buffalo in locking him up.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah James I like Stevie. Was even a fan of his Plaxico dance

NFL = No Fun League!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote :
Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson (groin) was not participating during the media-access portion of practice Thursday, Sept. 6. He was on the sidelines riding a stationary bike.

I had hoped that his surgery this off-season would have curbed this lingering issue...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Quote :
Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson (groin) is expected to be available for Week 1. Johnson's groin injury reportedly made a nice rebound Friday, Sept. 7, after sitting out practice Thursday, Sept. 6. He was able to participate in everything the Bills asked him to do, but he officially was listed as limited because he didn't take part in all of the team reps. 'I did everything,' Johnson said. 'I was out there, running routes and full-go with the guys. I think Coach made the right call along with the guys in the training room of sitting me. I guess it will only get better from here. I still have a couple days until game day.'

Analysis: If you do need to roll with Johnson in Week 1, definitely don't expect too much between the injury and the Darrelle Revis factor,

Not really worried about Revis as Johnson has done very well against him in the past.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 pm

I agree with the Johnson against Revis... Revis is a stud but a little overrated

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Quote :
Bills coach Chan Gailey said receiver Stevie Johnson (thigh) is expected to play Sunday against the Patriots. SOURCE: BuffaloBills.com Analysis: Gailey said Johnson has a "bad thigh bruise," but he was able to play through it Sunday and shouldn't be held back much in Week 10.

I haven't seen as much as I expected from him this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Quote :
While he's present for the Bills' voluntary workouts this week, Johnson has not participated due to a mild strain in his back, according to WGR550.com. Analysis: "Mild" in April means it's probably not a big concern, but what the Bills do at receiver over the next few weeks bears watching. If they can get Johnson some help, there's a chance he moves to more of an inside/slot role in 2013, the wish being that he'll find more ways to use his good moves and find himself open on a more regular basis in new coach Doug Marrone's attack.

Get yer shit together.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 pm

(KFFL) Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson (back) revealed that the back injury he suffered in March was a slight fracture in his L-5 vertebrae. He was filming a workout session for BuffaloBills.com when it happened. Johnson said he was given a cortisone shot and an epidural during his recovery.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 am

Guy doesn't miss games.  The picture of reliability.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:31 am

If he would only catch the ball reliably he would be a good fantasy WR.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

Las Vegas you hit the nail on the head.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 pm

(Rotoworld) A league source tells Profootballtalk.com the Bills' "current assumption" is Stevie Johnson's strained hamstring will cost him "most of the preseason."

would love to love this kid, just can't carted off

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Quote :
Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson (hamstring) said he is day-to-day with his hamstring injury and is getting as much treatment as possible in hopes to be able to play Week 4.
Hope he can go.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Quote :
Johnson (back) is doubtful to return to Thursday's game, ESPN's Mike Rodak reports.

Analysis: Johnson returned to the game for one play in the second quarter, but left for the locker room shortly thereafter. With Johnson unlikely to return, Robert Woods and T.J. Graham are positioned to work as Buffalo's top two receivers. Marcus Easley and Chris Hogan will serve as the No. 3 and No. 4 receiver in some order.
Damn.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeah that would be me again. Lost 3 players to injury before half time in the game tonight! There is a first time for everything I suppose, this would be the first time in over 20 years of fantasy football experience that I have had that many guys go down so early in a single game!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Quote :
Johnson suffered a lumbar strain during Thursday's game against the Browns and is not expected to miss any more game action. Analysis: The early thinking seems to be that Johnson, who missed most of Thursday's game and looked to be in a great deal of pain, can return to action in Week 6 against the Bengals. The extra few days between games should help.
Too bad he's completely unstartable with Manuel down.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Quote :
Bills coach Doug Marrone expects Stevie Johnson's (back, personal) Week 6 status to be a "tough call." Analysis: "I really don't know until he comes back and we're able to talk with him and see how he feels," Marrone said of Johnson's status. "It's quite a long travel for him, to Oakland and back, so I really don't know." Johnson is in California for a funeral, and is expected to miss his third straight practice on Friday. Even if Johnson does suit up, he'll be a low-upside WR3 with Thaddeus Lewis starting. Owners need to be making other plans.
Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 am

Quote :
Bills WR Steve Johnson inactive.
Oh man what a rough year for Stevie.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:54 am

Tell me about it... him and Lance Moore have both been shit!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 am

Quote :
Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson (back) is expected to play in Week 7.
Back in Black!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am

That is welcome news.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Signed for the 49'ers for a conditional 2015 4th which could become a 3rd.

Good for San Fran, not so good for anyone's fantasy value bar maybe Kaepernick?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 2:35 pm

No receivers on that team that are REALLY good so like it for Stevie.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Yeah, but they are all pretty similar which doesn't really do any of them any good.

shrug 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 2:44 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Yeah, but they are all pretty similar which doesn't really do any of them any good.

shrug 

yeah, but they all blow chunks in my eyes so I like it cuz Stevie is as good or better than all of them so I like that he fucks up owners of those other dickbags.  Evil laugh 

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Need some speed!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri May 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks to Buffalo for getting the only receiver who owns Revis out of the AFC East!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun May 11, 2014 10:09 pm

I feel like this is similar value for the 49ers to the trade for Boldin last year. Johnson's younger, on a pretty cheap 3 year contract but not quite as consistent as Boldin.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)CSN Bay Area suggests Stevie Johnson will have to "clearly" win the No. 3 receiver job due to his scheduled $3.925 million salary.

Analysis: Johnson is competing for No. 3 duties behind Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin. Rookie Bruce Ellington, sophomore Quinton Patton, and veteran Brandon Lloyd are also in the mix, and all make considerably less money than Johnson. Whoever wins the No. 3 job is highly unlikely to be fantasy relevant as the No. 4 option in the passing game. Johnson is no lock for the 53-man roster.

Now I am not gonna say that Johnson is all that and a bag of chips but I think his value in the eyes of fantasy owners has dropped far more than it should have. I would rather have my NFL team own Johnson as it's #1 WR than Crabtree to be honest. Beating out Ellington, Patton and Lloyd shouldn't even be a question.

The niners passing attack could go many ways if you ask me so hard to gauge any of it but rooting for Johnson to step up and get it done this year because if Boldin falls off at all and/or Crabtree goes back to being an overrated or hurt hack then Johnson could see a better situation than he left by far.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:11 pm

I'll make the safe call on the direction of their passing attack. They're not gonna. Johnson may get a share of the well less than 200 yards a game they average, but enough to start him? I'm doubtful.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I'll make the safe call on the direction of their passing attack.  They're not gonna.  Johnson may get a share of the well less than 200 yards a game they average, but enough to start him?  I'm doubtful.

That's my fear. Their defense and ground game is just too good.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
I'll make the safe call on the direction of their passing attack.  They're not gonna.  Johnson may get a share of the well less than 200 yards a game they average, but enough to start him?  I'm doubtful.

That's my fear.  Their defense and ground game is just too good.

Well IMO their run game is gonna take a step back soon. Gore has to hit the wall eventually and despite the rest of the free world believing that all the backups are the greatest things known to man I have a ton of doubt...throw in that Kaep is nowhere near as good as he is made out to be...or if he is he had better be prepared to pass more than he has previously then I think Stevie is your guy....

That's a ton of question marks and moving parts...who the fuck knows...I don't think this team is as tough as it was or as much as many still claim it to be.  thinking 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

That's my fear.  Their defense and ground game is just too good.

Well IMO their run game is gonna take a step back soon.  Gore has to hit the wall eventually and despite the rest of the free world believing that all the backups are the greatest things known to man I have a ton of doubt...throw in that Kaep is nowhere near as good as he is made out to be...or if he is he had better be prepared to pass more than he has previously then I think Stevie is your guy....

That's a ton of question marks and moving parts...who the fuck knows...I don't think this team is as tough as it was or as much as many still claim it to be.   thinking 

I admit...

I already went there too.

Damn I hope you're right.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 pm

The 9ers are built for ground and pound... their identity is to play good defense and control the ball with the run game... I think it is going to take more than Gore finally becoming human to change that... plus Kaep isn't that great of a passer, I just can't see this team putting up anything more than middle of the road passing stats at best... While Stevie should easily win the WR3 slot, he will still be no better than the 4th option (after Vernon Davis as well) on a run first average passing team...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
The 9ers are built for ground and pound...   their identity is to play good defense and control the ball with the run game...   I think it is going to take more than Gore finally becoming human to change that...  plus Kaep isn't that great of a passer,  I just can't see this team putting up anything more than middle of the road passing stats at best...  While Stevie should easily win the WR3 slot,  he will still be no better than the 4th option (after Vernon Davis as well)  on a run first average passing team...

But things change fast when you find out the over-hyped bag of dongs you have behind Gore cannot do what Gore does and teams start keying on Kaep's run game...then you are forced to throw and low and behold Lobsterbush and Vinerial disease are inconsistent cunts who have long been given more credit that they are due. All of the scenarios you can come up with this team IMO are just likely or unlikely as the next. I feel like everything hinges on Gore. I don't think they will get something "good" out of the guys they have behind him despite the fact that every one of them has been hyped to the moon and back. Remember when seemingly everyone was gaga over LaMichael James?  Laughing  Where are all you James fans now? Now it's Hyde? Hyde sucks. If Hyde does well then Mark Ingram better be brought aboard immediately because they look the same to me.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 pm

I srongly disagree that everything hinges on Gore, Hyde is a very talented and capable RB, and they also have Kendall Hunter who I really like quite a bit as well. But whatever, my point had more to do with the fact that I wouldn't trust Kaep to be able to lead a more pass oriented offense, right now his limited success in the passing game has alot to do with the running game setting up the pass, particularly with play action... If the run game dries up, I don't think this team will be able to just transition to a passing team... Opposing defenses would be able to take the 8th man out of the box and focus more on defending the pass and if this happened I would not expect Kaep to be able to successfully lead a pass first offense... It just isn't his strength...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Well, teams don't turn on a dime without a major coaching change. This is a run first and often team again this year whether Gore/Hunter/Lattimore/Hyde/James suck or not. They'll be in the bottom 5 in passing yards per game again this season.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am

I hope Hunter gets a real shot if Gore can't be IT because Hyde is overrated shit and James never was...I think I really just want this team to crash and burn. Kaep sucks so I definitely don't disagree on the points made about all of the passing stuff.

In the end, I think Stevie is their best receiver even if they don't think so. VD has the ability for sure but he is an inconsistent twat so fuck him.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:15 am

Brandon Lloyd all the way!  laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:01 pm

CUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:03 pm

He's a bum now, nobody is going to miss him

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 pm

This could be the last post this thread ever gets....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:04 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

I doubt it. When the '9ers let him on the field he made an impact. His salary was just too far out there. I think he can still play some ball.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:05 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:

I doubt it. When the '9ers let him on the field he made an impact. His salary was just too far out there. I think he can still play some ball.

Totally agree Shawn. Word is the 49ers just can't afford him at $5.5 million this year. He will catch on somewhere. Rumors Buffalo is in the mix. I won't write him off just yet.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 am

He wont start a game in one of my lineups and likely not yours. We have some rooks coming out!!!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:15 pm

He might stay on the radar as a #3 or #4 guy, more likely as a #4 or depth guy, but that is about it... I can't see him ever being a consistent #2 again like he was for a little while a few years ago...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 am

Signed with the Chargers.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:17 pm

lol.... Life after Harbauh isn't going so well for the 49ers.....

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
lol....  Life after Harbauh isn't going so well for the 49ers.....

Very, very true.

Although, I am somewhat glad I hung on to Stevie instead of getting the free drop when he was a FA. I think this could be real interesting here for him. Especially, for really the first tie in his career, he has a QB that can really throw the ball.

Time will tell, but I think SD was the best place he could have landed this year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Johnson WR FA   

Back to top Go down

Stevie Johnson WR FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: