Share | 

Marshawn Lynch RB OAK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
maybe a 1 yr suspension is further reasoning for the christine michael draft pick.

mischevious 

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 am

I think Michael is very overrated, and I am sure Carrol isnt putting the eggs into his basket. A player who became an afterthought on perhaos the best A&M team in over a decade because of poor attitude and work ethic, wont be an NFL starter. Lynch's situatiin has been on the back burner in fantasy circles, probably because people think a deal with a lesser charge will be levied. Also I think if this had traction Lynch would be in the commish's office some time pretty soon. No word on that.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 am

Michaels talent isn't overrated, but his ability to stay healthy is questionable. I think in fantasy circles he has become very overrated though...

Actually I think the best rookie RB on the Seahawks is Spencer Ware not Christine Michael. He is being listed as a FB right now, but he could be as in the mix for carries if Lych is suspended as Turbin or Michael is.

Not unlike Lynch, Ware is a beast... love this guy!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Maybe it was the hair but I feel like I just watched Marion Barber again

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:18 am

I was a huge Barber fan back in the day........ I had him on like every ff league when he was with the Cowboys. Back to the topic. Michael has talent but his attitude issues and injury issues are well documented. I just dont see him getting the rb job if Lynch is done for any significant time. Turbin or Ware would be the options I would bet on.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Quote :
Marshawn Lynch's court date on a motion to suppress evidence from his 2012 DUI arrest was continued on Friday to November 1.
Lynch was arrested for DUI last July. The sides will meet again on Thursday for a pre-trial hearing, at which point a trial date could be selected. It's becoming more and more possible that the case won't reach finality until 2014 or very late in 2013, which may mean Lynch will avoid any 2013 NFL-imposed discipline. The NFL will not impose a suspension until the case is resolved.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Postpone it long enough and he'll be out of the league.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Where the hell did he go today????

Didn't watch much of the game.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Saw he was stopped at the goal line a few times and TD's went to others. Definitely frustrating

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 pm

He didn't play well, but once the Seahawks got a big lead on the hapless Jags they took most of their top players out of the game... I don't think he played very much in the second half...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Yeah, right...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports a source close to Marshawn Lynch said, "I could see him walking away."

Rapoport added Lynch told two teammates he would consider retirement if the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, which they did. Despite Rapoport's stellar reputation, it is hard not to take this report with a huge grain of salt. Lynch is currently angling for a contract extension and raise, so it is certainly possible his camp floated the retirement story to gain leverage in those negotiations. Then again, Lynch has consistently been one of the more unique stars in the NFL. If any current player would make the decision to walk away at only 28-years-old, Lynch would probably be the one. Still, we expect Lynch to be the starting running back for Seattle when Week 1 rolls around.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:42 am

Has to do something to try and gain leverage.  I do not think it works, but what does he have to lose?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 am

Let him retire, he's a social misfit who will be broke in a year... I really want the Seahawks to not pay this bitch I've grown pretty wary of overpaid athletes bitching about money and contracts. Never look a gift horse in the ah.... Grill

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:13 pm

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion about this being over money,   I haven't heard anything of the sort...   I think Lynch is just one of those guys who marches to the beat of his own drummer,  so I could see him walking away while on top with nothing left to prove.   As for being broke,  I have actually heard the opposite about him,  apparently he spends very little and has saved (and/or invested) the bulk of what he has made during his career.    Who knows,  perhaps Lynch really is prepared to walk away on his own terms...  would fit his character.

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:31 am

hope this bum retires...hate the prick so much....Mr. Skittles man...LOL.....

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:09 am

Morawskd wrote:
Let him retire, he's a social misfit who will be broke in a year... I really want the Seahawks to not pay this bitch I've grown pretty wary of overpaid athletes bitching about money and contracts. Never look a gift horse in the ah.... Grill

Isn't that just about every good athlete?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:12 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion about this being over money,   I haven't heard anything of the sort...

It's always about money. What else could it be about? The guy is the starting HB on a team that just won the SB and plays for a city that adores him. It's always about the money and I think it's been well documented that he isn't happy about his contract. The guy can go fuck himself as he has no leverage and won't. Get new paper this yr and he isn't going to retire either. He report to camp after the 2nd preseason game like always

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion about this being over money,   I haven't heard anything of the sort...

It's always about money. What else could it be about?  The guy is the starting HB on a team that just won the SB and plays for a city that adores him. It's always about the money and I think it's been well documented that he isn't happy about his contract. The guy can go fuck himself as he has no leverage and won't. Get new paper this yr and he isn't going to retire either. He report to camp after the 2nd preseason game like always
There are reports about plenty of things,  and they aren't always correct...   I haven't heard anything directly from Marshawn,   so I am reserving judgment...   I don't think threatening to retire if you are asking for a raise makes any sense,   so I don't really buy this story completely.   And I think Lynch is just anti-social and anti-spotlight enough to consider retirement at a point others might not expect,  not unlike Barry Sanders in that way...   Who knows,   we'll see what happens...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Lynch doesn't like the media. Who reported this? Fuck this speculative story.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:35 pm

It's always about money. What else could it be about?  The guy is the starting HB on a team that just won the SB and plays for a city that adores him. It's always about the money and I think it's been well documented that he isn't happy about his contract. The guy can go fuck himself as he has no leverage and won't. Get new paper this yr and he isn't going to retire either. He report to camp after the 2nd preseason game like always
There are reports about plenty of things,  and they aren't always correct...   I haven't heard anything directly from Marshawn,   so I am reserving judgment...   I don't think threatening to retire if you are asking for a raise makes any sense,   so I don't really buy this story completely.   And I think Lynch is just anti-social and anti-spotlight enough to consider retirement at a point others might not expect,  not unlike Barry Sanders in that way...   Who knows,   we'll see what happens...

You don't think using retirement as leverage against wanting a new contract makes any sense?

Secondly, how can you say that Lynch is anti-social and you can see him retiring on a whim but then you mention that you don't buy the story? How can you have it both ways? If it isn't about money then what can it be about? If it's just that he's a weird guy and he'll retire for no reason, then why float the story? Just retire and shock the world.

The story was clearly floated by Lynch's agent/camp as the anonymous source. So the story is true. I don't think anyone actually buys it as factual but that's a different argument.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:41 pm

I don't necessarily buy the story about the retirement being related to wanting more money.   The retirement thing was confirmed by teammates who said Lynch mentioned retiring if they won the super bowl back in January.   Tying it to wanting more money may be a media creation,  don't really know or care,  just saying I think the whole thing is speculative...

It is well known that Lynch doesn't like the whole public persona and media drenched part of the NFL and I think it is completely plausible that a guy like that might considering retiring and going out on top.  Barry Sanders retired in a similar fashion (and he didn't even win the super bowl),  he still loved football,  he just wanted to get away from the NFL had become.   I wouldn't be completely shocked if Lynch walked away while on top...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:38 am

I don't necessarily buy the story about the retirement being related to wanting more money.   The retirement thing was confirmed by teammates who said Lynch mentioned retiring if they won the super bowl back in January.   Tying it to wanting more money may be a media creation,  don't really know or care,  just saying I think the whole thing is speculative...

It is well known that Lynch doesn't like the whole public persona and media drenched part of the NFL and I think it is completely plausible that a guy like that might considering retiring and going out on top.  Barry Sanders retired in a similar fashion (and he didn't even win the super bowl),  he still loved football,  he just wanted to get away from the NFL had become.   I wouldn't be completely shocked if Lynch walked away while on top...

I think he'd like to walk away so that he can 420 each and every day.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

scratch  I have no idea what that means and I am too lazy to go look it up right now...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:15 am

It makes you want to 

eating popcorn  eating popcorn  eating popcorn  eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:43 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

scratch  I have no idea what that means and I am too lazy to go look it up right now...

It makes you relax..................................

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:22 pm

#june

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

And he's reported for minicamp.  :yawn: 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 am

Also now holding out.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 am

He should just retire!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

The longer he holds out the higher risk of injury he'll have throughout the year. I don't know if there is a documented stat to support my theory but I watch it happen every year. Holdouts miss significant time due to injury. Works for me, one less obstacle for another Super Bowl win for the Packers.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Quote :
Lynch, who is already sacrificing $30,000 a day during his holdout, will forfeit 15 percent of his $6 million signing bonus -- $900,000 -- if he holds out beyond Tuesday, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: The Seahawks have most of the leverage in this standoff. Lynch wants more guaranteed money to protect him if he is released next season, which is likely, considering his $9 million cap hit. He is scheduled to make $5.5 million in 2015, but if he is cut, he'll get only $1.5 million. "We expect them to honor their contract just as we will," coach Pete Carroll told USA Today. "We're going to honor it and we expect them to do the same."

He's an idiot if he gives up that 900k.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 pm

cough cough Christine cough cough Michael

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:54 pm

cough cough Spencer Ware cough

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 am

Cough cough Robert cough Turbin cough

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Lynch, who is already sacrificing $30,000 a day during his holdout, will forfeit 15 percent of his $6 million signing bonus -- $900,000 -- if he holds out beyond Tuesday, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: The Seahawks have most of the leverage in this standoff. Lynch wants more guaranteed money to protect him if he is released next season, which is likely, considering his $9 million cap hit. He is scheduled to make $5.5 million in 2015, but if he is cut, he'll get only $1.5 million. "We expect them to honor their contract just as we will," coach Pete Carroll told USA Today. "We're going to honor it and we expect them to do the same."

He's an idiot if he gives up that 900k.  

Reported to camp, got a $1.5 million raise.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Quote :
Lynch has reported to training camp, thus concluding a seven-day holdout, the Seattle Times reports. Analysis: While the report suggests that Lynch won't receive a new deal, which he was reportedly seeking, it also notes that the running back could possibly receive some sort of unspecified financial concessions from the Seahawks. In any case, now back in the fold, Lynch remains firmly atop the team's RB depth chart, though Robert Turbin and Christine Michael are candidates to work in complementary backfield roles, with an eye toward keeping Lynch (who racked up 301 carries last season) fresh as the season rolls along.

So.... did he net 600k then? Or did the 900k not come until next tuesday?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:42 pm

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Quote :
Lynch has reported to training camp, thus concluding a seven-day holdout, the Seattle Times reports. Analysis: While the report suggests that Lynch won't receive a new deal, which he was reportedly seeking, it also notes that the running back could possibly receive some sort of unspecified financial concessions from the Seahawks. In any case, now back in the fold, Lynch remains firmly atop the team's RB depth chart, though Robert Turbin and Christine Michael are candidates to work in complementary backfield roles, with an eye toward keeping Lynch (who racked up 301 carries last season) fresh as the season rolls along.

So.... did he net 600k then? Or did the 900k not come until next tuesday?

Teams typically waive these kinds of penalties.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 pm

He'll be out of Seattle next year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
He'll be out of Seattle next year.  

And then all the CMike dopes will find out how average their guy really is... Evil laugh 

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 pm

Wow. Can't believe he actually got something out of it.

scratch 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 am

England Dragons wrote:
Wow. Can't believe he actually got something out of it.

scratch 

I like Marshawn's "fuck everybody" ways....I can relate...especially to his media policy. Seattle knows they need him. Mission successful.  cool2 

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:01 am

Welcome back "this my son"

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:05 am

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:09 am

I'm sorry. He has a job and that job requires talking to the media. If you don't like it, get another job. He should be fined for mocking the media and not taking it seriously either.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 am

He should just give the Hoodie a call. Instead of the yeah's, all he has to say is, we're on to San Francisco.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:22 am

I'm sorry.  He has a job and that job requires talking to the media.  If you don't like it, get another job.  He should be fined for mocking the media and not taking it seriously either.

I haven't read the article yet but i disagree with this. ..fuck the media. Fuck it every day of the week and even days not in the week. Lynch is the ideal player. Good...tough...and not running his mouth. Wish there were many more of him.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm sorry.  He has a job and that job requires talking to the media.  If you don't like it, get another job.  He should be fined for mocking the media and not taking it seriously either.

I haven't read the article yet but i disagree with this. ..fuck the media.  Fuck it every day of the week and even days not in the week.  Lynch is the ideal player.  Good...tough...and not running his mouth.  Wish there were many more of him.

You should watch the video. VERY comical.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

I haven't read the article yet but i disagree with this. ..fuck the media.  Fuck it every day of the week and even days not in the week.  Lynch is the ideal player.  Good...tough...and not running his mouth.  Wish there were many more of him.

OK fine, fuck the media. I agree. But that's not the point. The media isn't what we are talking about. It's his profession. The media doesn't/can't force him to talk. His profession does. So saying 'fuck the media' doesn't really do anything. He has a job and that job says that players must make themselves available to the media. That's it. You don't like it, then get a new job. Andy, your job offers you a break for lunch. Let's say 30 minutes. If you take 2 hours, you will be penalized. You may say 'fuck your job' but then again it's your choice to follow the rules or get a new job. This is no different. Marshawn is wrong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marshawn Lynch RB OAK   

Back to top Go down

Marshawn Lynch RB OAK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: