Hamilton Steel Cats
England Dragons
TurdFerguson
23 posters
AuthorMessage
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Empty
PostSubject: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:28 pm

What's up Everyone!

My name is Chuck and I am 31 years young and I live in Charlotte, NC. I am engaged to be married this May and the Father to the coolest 2 year boy. I've loved football for as long as I can remember. I'm a diehard Philadelphia Eagles fan, and I am certain they will be the death of me.

Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted

I have been playing fantasy football at a competitive level since 2006. Prior to that I was doing a $10 work league and a few free leagues, I was never too serious about it until I tasted victory in my $10 work league. I definitely thought I was the bell of the ball and started playing for some real cash. My good buddy from high school started a 10 team PPR league with a buy-in of $300. The same group of guys have been playing in that home league since 2006 and it's a highlight of my summer. I have won that league twice, finished 2nd one year and only lost by 1.6 points. Tony Romos hand bounced off the helmet of an Eagle defender and swelled up, which resulted in him being pulled from the game. Surely, Romo coulda gotten me 2 lousy points, but I digress. That league has evolved into a 12 teamer now. I am also co-commissioner of a 12 team PPR auction draft. That league finished up its 4th year this past season. Although, I have never won the league I have placed 3rd twice and finished with top points in 2013. Both of those leagues are on ESPN. I did the FFFL(freakin fantasy football league) for the first time this year. That league is on RTsports and hosted by Jules McLean. I did a start up 14 team IDP dynasty this year here on MFL(dynasty football guru's), finished at 7-6. Also, I am co-owner of another dynasty team here on MFL(dynasty reward the best). Me and my buddy have overhauled that team and looking to make a strong push towards a championship this year. Oh yea, the dozen of so MFL10s that I do, it's the only way to mock draft!

Why do you want to be part of RW, what drew your interest?

The post on the community forum had me hooked. I instantly texted my buddy and said "I'm applying, this is where boys become men!". I am really active and feel this would fill that void for the long off season. I don't play any other fantasy sports. I dedicate my time to football.

How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?

During the season it's countless hours. I am a night owl and I will have the Ipad going, phone in hand and laptop open trying to wheel and deal. By the time I come to, I am 6+ beers deep and have sent over 50 email and texts. The draft is only a small part of your success, most teams win by working trades and FA moves.

I am HUGE college football fan and that helps me prepare for the season. While the average person is trying to figure who the hell Jeremy Hill is, I already know. I watch every pick of the NFL draft and all I can think is "good fantasy move" or "bad fantasy move". I listen to about 7 different fantasy podcasts. Subscribe to 2 fantasy websites(fantasy guru and 4for4). I keep up with every move big or little during the offseason. And as I mentioned above, I use the MFL10s as mock draft tool. So once those start up, I sign up.

Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story

My fave memory of all time was my first offline draft and everyone after that. I mentioned it at the beginning, how I look forward to it every year. 11 of my closest friends sit around for 4-5 hours, busting each others balls, drinking beer, grilling out, and of course drafting! Everyone comes decked out in their favorite teams jersey or maybe someone lost a bet and had to wear a prom dress while the winner wore a full tux(yes, this happened) hahaha. Most everyone is spread out over the east coast and its great catching up for an entire weekend.

What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner

I am an active owner. Always looking to make a trade. That I have a championship mindset, I don't just play to give me something to do...I play to win! They'll say I can trash talk with the best of them, but I keep it clean. They would also mention that they don't have to wait long for a response via text or email.

By the looks of it, you guys have a tough decision. I look forward to your questions and feedback and you'll be hearing from me as well!

Follow me on Twitter @iamChuckSteen
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Hey Chuck - welcome to Roster Wars!

Feel free to read through the bits of the forum you have access to and post often so we can get to know you better.

Sounds like you'll love it here!

cheers

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Welcome to the RW MB Chuck.

Stay around and shoot the shit, read the rule book in your spare time and tell us your likes and dislikes about it.

cheers

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Glad you found us Chuck. Stick around you will like it.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Welcome Chuck! Post early and often dude. Get involved everywhere.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigmar10
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars Chuck. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Chuck,

Welcome to RW's.  I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Do you prefer IDP or the non IDP leagues?
2. Would you trade JJ Watt and Jimmy Graham for Jeremy Hill?
3. Do you feel that it is okay for men to play with boys? (You may be a year late on that one)

Stay involved on the website and have fun!

Glad to have you around.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigdiv12

Last edited by Naperville Divine on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Hey Chuck, I'm glad you found us. It is funny that you mention Hill because we have the president and vice president of his fan club here in this league! lol 2 The Trade™️

Like others have said, just try to make yourself at home by hopping in on any threads that interest you. Help us get to know you. Welcome!

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Chuck,

3. Do you feel that it is okay for men to play with boys? (You may be a year late on that one)

Glad to have you around.

Hey, hey, hey... A certain someone also got 2 1st rd draft picks and another young RB, just saying baghead2
By the way Chuck the answer is yes, always yes. Have the balls to say yes (except #3) Oh and welcome Chuck, I'm the village idiot until further notice

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigmus15
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Welcome Chuck...

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigoutlaws
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Hey Chuck,

Have you read the complete RW bylaws? When you have I am curious what things stuck out as likes/dislikes?

As others have mentioned, jump in and be involved where you can because activity is paramount around here.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Welcome Chuck. I had to lookup Chucktown cause I'd never heard of it...

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:40 pm

announce WELCOME!!!

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigscreamers
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:46 pm

welcome

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Welcome Chuck. How'd you end up an Eagles fan in NC?

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:05 am

Hey there Chuck,

Nice intro man. I am a mere infant in the RW community still, just about 2 weeks old. This place truly is unlike anything else you will see anywhere else. The culture is strong and everyone will be sure to display their own unique personality the more you get involved. There are a few very unique aspects of the league described in the bylaws. Enjoy.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Signig21
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 am

Nice welcome...

If you do become a member, you have a pretty easy set of Graphics nearly already in place thanks to Disney...

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Higglytown_Heroes_Poster

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:28 am

Welcome Chuck!  Glad you found us.  I just joined this league a month ago and it is by far the best league I have ever been in!!

So just stay active and we can't wait to get to know you better.

P.S. I'm sorry you are an Eagles fan  duckhunt

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:14 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
Chuck,

Glad to have you around.

I never did IDP before this year and I love it. But I like a little of both for sure.

I would not give up Watt/Graham for Hill. Hill will be a monster for sure, but Watt and Graham still have many great years ahead.

You always need a few boys around...that how those boys become men. By watching and learning.
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Welcome Chuck.  How'd you end up an Eagles fan in NC?

I've only been in NC for about 5 years. I grew up in Northern VA outside DC. Growing up I loved Randall Cunnigham and just became an Eagles fan.
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:28 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Hey Chuck,

Have you read the complete RW bylaws?  When you have I am curious what things stuck out as likes/dislikes?

As others have mentioned, jump in and be involved where you can because activity is paramount around here.

Yea I have read through most of them.

I like how detailed it is. The war bucks are awesome, very cool addition.

I look forward to reading all of them.
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:45 am

Randall Cunningham would have been fantasy monster with all of the rushing yards.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigdiv12
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 1:16 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
Hey Chuck,

Have you read the complete RW bylaws?  When you have I am curious what things stuck out as likes/dislikes?

What part of our scoring system do you find most unique? Why?

Oh, and welcome cheers

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Hey Chuck,

What part of our scoring system do you find most unique?  Why?

Oh, and welcome  cheers

Love the 1.5 PPR for TE. I wish other sites would give that option. The TE is sometimes the forgotten part of the passing game or sometimes they are the focal point. So you have to adjust you strategy a bit.

I also find the -.4 QB sacked very interesting. A guy like Cam Newton who gets sacked about 3 times a game might cause an impact to the outcome of your match.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:34 pm

IDP's are huge in this league. Huge. JJ Watt maybe arguably the most valuable player overall. If he's not, it's probably Gronk.

Being new to IDP, do you feel confident you're not going to screw that up? I'm in other leagues where you can get by with a mediocre defense. Not possible here. You have to know who is playing nickel snaps on the Jaguars to give yourself an even share in this league. Are you comfortable with that?

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Signineties
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
IDP's are huge in this league. Huge. JJ Watt maybe arguably the most valuable player overall. If he's not, it's probably Gronk.

Being new to IDP, do you feel confident you're not going to screw that up? I'm in other leagues where you can get by with a mediocre defense. Not possible here. You have to know who is playing nickel snaps on the Jaguars to give yourself an even share in this league. Are you comfortable with that?

Ya Mike brings up a great point!
Also answer this! are you comfortable with donuts? what you think that is flucking funny? do you know a chocolate donut is different then a chocolate frosted donut? do you know a chocolate frosted donut with sprinkles also is different? how about a sour cream donut? and dont flucken make me get into creams ok! dont even fluckin think about joining this flucking league if you dont know your flucking boston cream versus bavarian cream! bro serious. You better be prepared or you just gonna be a jelly filled lemon munchkin in a league full of beautiful glazed donuts. YOU BETTER BE READY BRO!

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Hmmm, apparently the Fire Department love their Donuts as much as the beloved Police Department. Who knew? ... shrug

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
You have to know who is playing nickel snaps on the Jaguars to give yourself an even share in this league. Are you comfortable with that?

Guess I should resign now. My IDP knowledge is easily bottom 5 in this league and..well...guess my team hasn't done shit so maybe I just made your point. LOL

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:28 am

Chuck---Congrats on the up coming marriage.  Here is some advice get used to the words "Yes Dear" and "I am Sorry"

These quick marriage phrases will get you yelled at 50% less so you can swing by this board more often.  

You look like a solid owner who has more IDP experience than I do, (saying that because I have zero) so they would be smart to consider your app.

I will say this......I wouldnt want to be on the voting squad here and have to tell one of us NO.  We all look like keepers.

Last edited by Coinflip on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Yea I got more confident with IDP as the year went along. Drafted Luke K, Kerrigan and Juston Houston in my dynasty and they carried my defense. Also have Barwin and Nigel Bradham who I am trying to dangle for a DB right now.
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 am

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Also answer this! are you comfortable with donuts? what you think that is flucking funny? do you know a chocolate donut is different then a chocolate frosted donut? do you know a chocolate frosted donut with sprinkles also is different? how about a sour cream donut? and dont flucken make me get into creams ok! dont even fluckin think about joining this flucking league if you dont know your flucking boston cream versus bavarian cream! bro serious. You better be prepared or you just gonna be a jelly filled lemon munchkin in a league full of beautiful glazed donuts. YOU BETTER BE READY BRO!

Oh man I hope this doesn't get me kicked outta here...but I am not a huge donut fan  scared . I like a warm Krispy Kreme from time to time. But my morning choice is a bagel.
Back to top Go down
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 am

Coinflip wrote:
Chuck---Contgrats on the up coming marriage.  Here is some advice get used to the words "Yes Dear" and "I am Sorry"

These quick marriage phrases will get you yelled at 50% less so you can swing by this board more often.  

You look like a solid owner who has more IDP experience than I do, (saying that because I have zero) so they would be smart to consider your app.

I will say this......I wouldnt want to be on the voting squad here and have to tell one of us NO.  We all look like keepers.

Thanks for the advice cheers
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 am

TurdFerguson wrote:
Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Oh man I hope this doesn't get me kicked outta here...but I am not a huge donut fan  scared . I like a warm Krispy Kreme from time to time. But my morning choice is a bagel.

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Get-out-adam-sanberg

laughing

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Also a fresh fish here but wanted to welcome you into Roster Wars. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding man

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Late to the party here...

Welcome Chuck

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 pm

hey waiting

shrug

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm

So Chuck hasn't posted in over a week...?

Chuck? Where are you Chuck...?

scratch

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Z
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:23 pm

dizzy doh

nono

gtfo

smile and wave

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Kdb

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Harsh but true...

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)   Chucktown Heroes (Chuck) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chucktown Heroes (Chuck)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: