:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Courtney Upshaw LB BAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Courtney Upshaw LB BAL   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Potentially the top pass rushing LB coming out this year. I think he falls to the Ravens and that Defense will stay tough.

Quote :
LB Courtney Upshaw

Height: 6’2
Weight: 268 lbs.
Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:

Very fast coming off the edge, looks to be an ideal 34 LB prospect…Generates great strength off his rush and can surprise OT’s with his pop and bull rush…Explosive athleticism out of his stance…Tenacious attitude…Versatile player who could play down in a four man front…locates ball carriers very well and plays disciplined enough to adjust his attack to the play that is happening.

Weaknesses:

Does not excel in coverage as we hoped…When lined up in a 3 point stance he struggled to get off blocks and disengage looked far more comfortable standing up…Doesn’t work well through traffic when asked play inside the box…Needs to be more of a factor when not rushing the passer.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Upshaw LB BAL   Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Quote :
NFL.com's Albert Breer believes OLB Courtney Upshaw's play as a rookie could make the Ravens more willing to let OLB Paul Kruger walk in free agency.

Analysis: Signed to a very team-friendly deal after falling to the second round in last spring's draft, Upshaw notched 60 tackles and 1.5 sacks as a rookie, making nine starts along the way. He graded out as the No. 17 outside linebacker in Pro Football Focus' ratings, coming in only 11 spots behind Kruger. Even if the Ravens want to re-sign Kruger, he may price himself out of their plans. Either way, Upsahw is going to have a big role in 2013.

I targeted Upshaw EVERYWHERE. Great news.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Upshaw LB BAL   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Potentially the top pass rushing LB coming out this year. I think he falls to the Ravens and that Defense will stay tough.

Quote :
LB Courtney Upshaw

Height: 6’2
Weight: 268 lbs.
Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:

Very fast coming off the edge, looks to be an ideal 34 LB prospect…Generates great strength off his rush and can surprise OT’s with his pop and bull rush…Explosive athleticism out of his stance…Tenacious attitude…Versatile player who could play down in a four man front…locates ball carriers very well and plays disciplined enough to adjust his attack to the play that is happening.

Weaknesses:

Does not excel in coverage as we hoped…When lined up in a 3 point stance he struggled to get off blocks and disengage looked far more comfortable standing up…Doesn’t work well through traffic when asked play inside the box…Needs to be more of a factor when not rushing the passer.

Damn, I forgot how right I got this one....................................

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Upshaw LB BAL   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Yes you did! Laughing

troll

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Upshaw LB BAL   

Back to top Go down

Courtney Upshaw LB BAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1