x

Share | 

Random RWP info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:33 am

Checking in... I know I'm on the naughty list. Been visiting a bit less often over the past few weeks, but I'm still here quite a bit. I guess I just don't have too much to add lately.

That being said, I'll drop a fun fact for ya'll: I usually read the forums while on the shitter.  
browns

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:11 am

Video games are dumb. There, I said it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
Checking in... I know I'm on the naughty list. Been visiting a bit less often over the past few weeks, but I'm still here quite a bit. I guess I just don't have too much to add lately.

That being said, I'll drop a fun fact for ya'll: I usually read the forums while on the shitter.  
browns

Well then we need to come up with a silly article that you can provide each visit to the can.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Video games are dumb. There,  I said it.

YOUR FACE IS DUMB!

There, I said it.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 am

Settle down children....it's not nice to call things dumb!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:06 pm

surrender scared

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Oh poop we pissed of The Vampire Queen!!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Settle down children....it's not nice to call things dumb!!!

You're wrong. Calling dumb things dumb is nice.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I'm playing all sorts of fun new video games!
i LIKE VIDEO/COMPUTER GAMES JUST HAVE HAD ZERO TIME LATELY WITH FULL TIME JOB, 2 PART TIME JOBS, AND THE gf

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I'm playing all sorts of fun new video games!
i LIKE VIDEO/COMPUTER GAMES JUST HAVE HAD ZERO TIME LATELY WITH FULL TIME JOB, 2 PART TIME JOBS, AND THE gf

I don't think it's fair to lump the jobs in with the gf there. lol3

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

LOL.. MAYBE YOUR RIGHT, BUT THEY BOTH NEED TIME & ATTENTION DONT THEY

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
browns
TMI

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM

ROTFLMAO

to both the comment and pic that followed...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM

lol 2

Is that Andrew Luck in the pic?

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:

browns

Well then we need to come up with a silly article that you can provide each visit to the can.

Slinging Shit: A detailed post mortem on last night's dinner, brought to you every morning between 8:00 and 10 am, live from the right-side stall of Imperial Plastics!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:05 am

Singapore Slings wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:

browns

Slinging Shit: A detailed post mortem on last night's dinner, brought to you every morning between 8:00 and 10 am, live from the right-side stall of Imperial Plastics!

lol3 Well I never said all my ideas were great.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:58 am

surprised

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 pm

I added one sentence to bylaw D.1 to make it a bit more clear that the team name an owner chooses does not need to hail from where you live...it just needs to be a place.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:59 am

So do we get free name changes based on this change?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:51 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:47 pm

And that's pretty much what I expect to hear from El Presidente

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

No change was made. If you remove the added line and if one had read the examples it was pretty clear in my mind. I did swap out the example of Melmac Alfalfas for Bikini Bottom Badasses but if folks thought Melmac was a realistic choice then maybe that's where the confusion lies...

The point has always been that a team name cannot be some dumb lame shit like "Joe Buck Yourself".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 am

The point has always been that a team name cannot be some dumb lame shit like "Joe Buck Yourself".

damn, back to the drawing board

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Well, technically you might be able to. There is a town called 'Joe' in Montana (I googled it - sad, I know) so Joe could count as the place name.

Maybe the Joe Buck Yourselves?

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Well, technically you might be able to. There is a town called 'Joe' in Montana (I googled it - sad, I know) so Joe could count as the place name.

laughing

..except that the second part wouldn't work cuz I wouldn't sign off on it. Boom!

It's sorta like I have a clause that says "if your ideas suck I will just use my own!" lol 2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:04 pm

England Dragons wrote:

laughing

..except that the second part wouldn't work cuz I wouldn't sign off on it.  Boom!

It's sorta like I have a clause that says "if your ideas suck I will just use my own!" lol 2

But to be fair to me...some joker got the name Chaetomorpha by me so I mustn't be too much of an asshole about it.

**For those new around here, the Tarpon Springs Redknights were formerly known as the Florida Chaetomorpha and when you ask yourself what the fuck is Chaetomorpha, my first response would be "exactly!" and the second serious one would be "it's fuckin seaweed". Now you know. tongue

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 pm

England Dragons wrote:

laughing

..except that the second part wouldn't work cuz I wouldn't sign off on it.  Boom!

But to be fair to me...some joker got the name Chaetomorpha by me so I mustn't be too much of an asshole about it.

laughing

Damn, I was gonna use Chaetomorpha in defense of my point!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm

England Dragons wrote:

laughing

**For those new around here, the Tarpon Springs Redknights were formerly known as the Florida Chaetomorpha and when you ask yourself what the fuck is Chaetomorpha, my first response would be "exactly!" and the second serious one would be "it's fuckin seaweed".  Now you know. tongue

Yup, very true.....

we actually had a team named after fucking seaweed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:48 pm

I like cheese. Any cheese.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 pm

As you all start working off that food you undoubtedly ate over the holiday, let's also remember that the contract deadline now looms in the near future. No excuses for fucking it up. The deadline is...

End of the month...July 31st by 11:59PM CT

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:20 pm

As you all start working off that food you undoubtedly ate over the holiday, let's also remember that the contract deadline now looms in the near future.  No excuses for fucking it up.  The deadline is...

End of the month...July 31st by 11:59PM CT
HAHAHA soooo old news HAHAHAHA

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:05 am

Fear of forgetting or ending up in a coma always gets me to post this stuff early.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 pm

BTW folks...I know I am behind around here lately. There are things I will be getting to soon and I have some ideas that I hope to bring to RW soon also...just not enough time in the day lately.

Not sure how hot it was today but I floored the rafters in the garage today and it was hot as fuck...literally dripping sweat for quite a while. Plus my 10 mile bike ride. Plus a bunch of other tedious horseshit. I didn't even get to fish this week....total nonsense.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:01 am

its so freakin hot down here that I'm dripping with sweat 5 minutes after walking outside. I love the heat and hate the heat all at the same time...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:21 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:
its so freakin hot down here that I'm dripping with sweat 5 minutes after walking outside.  I love the heat and hate the heat all at the same time...

It's hot, it's cold, it's raining, it's snowing. Pull up your britches son!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:
its so freakin hot down here that I'm dripping with sweat 5 minutes after walking outside.  I love the heat and hate the heat all at the same time...

I agree.  I love the hot weather, but when it's too hot, without a breeze, I can't stand it either  sweating

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:30 am

It's hot here too. Humid too. No breeze, just hot, hanging air. Even watering plants today I was sweating, and that was at 730am. I like the weather to stay about 71.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:04 am

Along with the new minor league addition, there some aspects of the league that I need to update in the coming weeks and I foresee some adjusting to placement of things potentially. Just an FYI.

Maybe it will spur on some scavenger hunts for those who somehow don't notice things on a site they visit multiple times per day.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

To the person who pointed out that when entering contracts I could isolate it by team (believe it was Shawn of the Minions).............

THANK YOU!!!!

So much easier.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 pm

To the person who pointed out that when entering contracts I could isolate it by team (believe it was Shawn of the Minions).............

THANK YOU!!!!

So much easier.

Also, if people go to alphebetizer.org and post their players alphabetically, it also makes it easier as well  wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:15 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!

So much easier.

Also, if people go to alphebetizer.org and post their players alphabetically, it also makes it easier as well  wink

Absolutely! Thanks

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:20 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:52 am

THANK YOU!!!!

So much easier.

Absolutely!  Thanks
First or Last name?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!

So much easier.

Absolutely!  Thanks
First or Last name?

Last name

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 pm

A few tidbits...

Reminder that the contract deadline is coming very soon. Don't fuck it up and be that guy!

Also, I know I am behind on a few things around here (I bet most people don't even notice anyway) but I have all sorts of notes on what I need to get done and will be catching up as soon as possible.

Lastly, and going with the last point....there are a bunch of tweaks and such coming to get everything just right around here especially in regards to the new Training Camp we are introducing. I expect quite a bit more activity around here and while it's gonna be great, nothing has changed with the main league. For instance, when Brad tracks the activity of owners each month, that will still just be owners and official prospects and waitlisted owners. We are not going to be tracking the activity of the Training Camp crowd. Their contribution around the forum will just be a bonus to what we're already doing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Folks, stemming from todays events I have added some text to section D.1 of the bylaws....

I put in enough work at this point to have final say on whether a team name will work for me or not...there was a point to it all. So I added a line saying as much...and then I added a blurb in an attempt to get folks to understand when coming up with a team name it should be something that conjures an image in people's head when they hear it.

The exception I make is when it's your home. I'll pick on Shawn for a minute...either of them actually. Both "Winsted" and "Morrison" are personal to those guys so while I don't feel either of those locations probably drum up an image for the rest of you, it makes sense for them and I am cool with that.

As was the case today, if one comes up with a name that doesn't seem to fit and you go find some town with 12 people in it that named their town some nonsense, I may not sign off on that. For example, there could be a town in Idaho called "Multiple" for all I know but I am not gonna sign off on a team name of "Mulitple Scorgasms"

Hope this makes sense to everyone even if you don't agree with my logic or whatever. I think it's weird that with the rule that was there I have had to explain any of this to be honest. I mean there are only 5 trillion locations to pick from that other people will understand.

I am a cunt...I know. What are ya gonna do?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:29 am

What about me?! Mohawk Ridge is the name of the development where I bought my house! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:14 am

"Mulitple Scorgasms"

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 am

What about me?!  Mohawk Ridge is the name of the development where I bought my house!  Laughing  

Oh there are a few of ya...like I said I have no issue because I get it when it's a personal thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   

Back to top Go down

Random RWP info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: