HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Random RWP info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah the search function blows which makes having a good title very important. Get your keywords in there.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:51 am

Nice job all.

Except you Mike.

Fuck off.

mock


Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1188

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
read every section or every thread or whatnot...



Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7457

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:50 am

heard this remix before walked around singing it for days

  lol 2


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:54 am

WTF is with all of the October anniversaries?


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Reading this thread got me thinking about the whole Steelcats may make the playoffs, win the whole damn thing and wear pink. There's something obviously very wrong about that. Wearing pink should hold the stigma of being the worst team. I don't think anyone would say that Todd's team is anywhere near the bottom. So if Todd wins the whole thing and wears pink, we are supposed to make fun of him? Or somehow the league champion is going to feel the same semblance of shame Bob has had to endure over the last year?

We really need to change up how pink is established and I think it should be hammered out before the season ends IMO and take immediate effect.

Personally I think the worst team is clearly the team that has scored the least amount of total points. I suppose you could argue that potential points is a better way of judging who the worst team is, but that takes into effect "managing" your roster. If you can't manage your roster, then too bad so sad for you.

For your people that think using total points is a bad system and you want record to be the determining factor *cough* Andy *cough* (lol), then fine, keep worst record wears pink; however, making the playoffs automatically prevents you from wearing pink no matter what your record is.

As rare as it may be having a team wear pink that makes the playoffs and potentially wins the title kinda sucks.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7457

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 pm

I like it - think its very ironic


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 pm

I don't think the purpose of pink is to be ironic.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8504

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 am

Ironic wasn't Pink. It was Alanis Morrissette.

raise eyebrow


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:55 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Reading this thread got me thinking about the whole Steelcats may make the playoffs, win the whole damn thing and wear pink.  There's something obviously very wrong about that.  Wearing pink should hold the stigma of being the worst team.  I don't think anyone would say that Todd's team is anywhere near the bottom.  So if Todd wins the whole thing and wears pink, we are supposed to make fun of him?  Or somehow the league champion is going to feel the same semblance of shame Bob has had to endure over the last year?  

We really need to change up how pink is established and I think it should be hammered out before the season ends IMO and take immediate effect.  

Personally I think the worst team is clearly the team that has scored the least amount of total points.  I suppose you could argue that potential points is a better way of judging who the worst team is, but that takes into effect "managing" your roster.  If you can't manage your roster, then too bad so sad for you.

For your people that think using total points is a bad system and you want record to be the determining factor *cough* Andy *cough* (lol), then fine, keep worst record wears pink; however, making the playoffs automatically prevents you from wearing pink no matter what your record is.

As rare as it may be having a team wear pink that makes the playoffs and potentially wins the title kinda sucks.

agree


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:36 am

I see no reason to change the pink rules


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am

Yup. Leave things alone if they work. Pink rules should stay as is.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Staying out of this one. I am WAYYYYYYY to biased.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5129

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Staying out of this one. I am WAYYYYYYY to biased.

Why? As one of only 2 to experience this, I believe you are uniquely qualified to answer all pink inquiries.

Embrace the experience Bob. Embrace your pink pony and let them know how much you love her being a part of your roster wars life.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8504

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:54 pm

I've heard rumors that Miss Richfield may be kept on as Demons Defensive Coach due to the improved IDP performance this year.

Any truth Bob?


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:08 pm

So, those who think the pink rule is fine, you really see no problem with a potential playoff contender (and therefore a potential league champion) being forced to wear the pink due to the fact that the wrong criteria was being used to award the pink???

Its not ironic, its not funny... its just simply a mistake.

Lowest total points scored or the all-play record would be far better indicators of who the worst team is and who should wear pink. If the point of pink isn't to identify the worst team, then why do it at all? Or why not include all teams and just have us draw straws to see who is unluckiest enough to wear pink? The current system doesn't make a whole lot of sense...


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
So,   those who think the pink rule is fine,   you really see no problem with a potential playoff contender (and therefore a potential league champion)  being forced to wear the pink due to the fact that the wrong criteria was being used to award the pink???  

Its not ironic,   its not funny...   its just simply a mistake.

Lowest total points scored or the all-play record would be far better indicators of who the worst team is and who should wear pink.    If the point of pink isn't to identify the worst team,   then why do it at all?  Or why not include all teams and just have us draw straws to see who is unluckiest enough to wear pink?   The current system doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

You make too much sense, so just stop it already!


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Maybe we should give the championship to the team with the highest overall points or best AP record, as well.  I mean, we don't want the luck of a head to head matchup or two at the end of each year to tell us who the best is.  

I'm outraged. no




Last edited by Baja Beatniks on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Maybe we should give the championship to the team with the highest overall points or best AP record, as well.  I mean, we don't want the luck of a head to head matchup or two at the end of each year tell us who the best is.  

I'm outraged. no

Not outraged, just offering opinion. Personally feel AP record is the best indicator. Like any "prediction" game, luck plays a huge factor in any outcome, but being beaten regularly by the 23 other teams seems more fitting for a league-wide shaming.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 pm

It's worth acknowledging that even using some of the other suggested criteria, a pink champion would still be possible. You could go undefeated, winning the championship, and still have the worst all play record. You could also do it while scoring the lowest overall points in the league. It's unlikely, but so is a team with the worst regular season record winning the championship.

I get that some would prefer a different measure of "shittiest team". That's fine. But the only way you're going to avoid the possibility of a pink champion is to make a rule saying they can't both be the same team.



Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Maybe we should give the championship to the team with the highest overall points or best AP record, as well.  I mean, we don't want the luck of a head to head matchup or two at the end of each year tell us who the best is.  

I'm outraged. no

Not outraged, just offering opinion. Personally feel AP record is the best indicator. Like any "prediction" game, luck plays a huge factor in any outcome, but being beaten regularly by the 23 other teams seems more fitting for a league-wide shaming.

^this.

Pink carries a stigma and that stigma disappears if you slap pink on a good team. It's pretty much as simple as that.

All-play is a good indicator of the worst team. Sure Corey is technically correct that the team with the worst all-play could win the title, but pigs would fly before that would happen, so IMO that's just a strawman argument. Even if you wanted to build that strawman just say that no playoff team can wear pink and that it goes to the team with the worst record that didn't make the playoffs. Problem solved, although I still feel that all-play or least total points would be even more pinkworthy.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7457

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Maybe we should give the championship to the team with the highest overall points or best AP record, as well.  I mean, we don't want the luck of a head to head matchup or two at the end of each year to tell us who the best is.  

I'm outraged. no

good postagree     laughingLaughinglaughing


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:55 pm

I just don't understand how everything turns into a debate and an arguement. Fucking hell.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:11 pm

I think the Pink rules are fine. Pink is for the worst team in the regular season. I have no problem basing it on record. We base everything on record (except for the all-play card). If Todd won the pink and the league, I think that would be pretty funny.

I don't really see what the problem is.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
So,   those who think the pink rule is fine,   you really see no problem with a potential playoff contender (and therefore a potential league champion)  being forced to wear the pink due to the fact that the wrong criteria was being used to award the pink???  

Its not ironic,   its not funny...   its just simply a mistake.


You present your opinions as facts, but that doesn't make them no opinions.

I don't think W/L record is a "wrong criteria," and I don't think a league champion with pink would be a mistake. I do think it would be funny.

i dont know


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I think the Pink rules are fine. Pink is for the worst team in the regular season. I have no problem basing it on record. We base everything on record (except for the all-play card). If Todd won the pink and the league, I think that would be pretty funny.

I don't really see what the problem is.

good post


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I just don't understand how everything turns into a debate and an arguement.  Fucking hell.

Who is arguing? It's a discussion.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
So,   those who think the pink rule is fine,   you really see no problem with a potential playoff contender (and therefore a potential league champion)  being forced to wear the pink due to the fact that the wrong criteria was being used to award the pink???  

Its not ironic,   its not funny...   its just simply a mistake.


You present your opinions as facts, but that doesn't make them no opinions.

I don't think W/L record is a "wrong criteria," and I don't think a league champion with pink would be a mistake. I do think it would be funny.

i dont know

It's funny because it's 'haha' funny or it's funny because it's 'stupid' funny? Seems like a pink champion would only be funny because it's stupid that a league champion wears pink and would much prefer 'haha' funny where we can poke fun at a shitty team.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 pm

I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

I would think it was funny.

And saying "the fact is," again, does not make what comes after a fact.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Sorry Todd. I tried.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing
Its easy to say that right now,   because it is not exactly a common occurence and it simply isn't your particular reality at the moment...   Even if it happened to you and you thought it was funny (which I don't totally buy anyhow),   I think it the novelty would wear off rather quickly and your feelings would change and you would end up hating it...    It would be pretty awful to be a league champion that nobody could take seriously or respect....   lets hope it never actually happens...


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing
Its easy to say that right now,   because it is not exactly a common occurence and it simply isn't your particular reality at the moment...   Even if it happened to you and you thought it was funny (which I don't totally buy anyhow),   I think it the novelty would wear off rather quickly and your feelings would change and you would end up hating it...    It would be pretty awful to be a league champion that nobody could take seriously or respect....   lets hope it never actually happens...

LOL a league champion that nobody could take seriously or respect? So wearing pink as per our bylaws means that all those teams that the "Pink Champion" beat would not respect him while he is beating them in the playoffs and they are eliminated by him right? The pink would mean we will all laugh at him and his $$$ winnings. Ya I see your point.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2241

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:40 pm



^this.

Pink carries a stigma and that stigma disappears if you slap pink on a good team.  It's pretty much as simple as that.  

All-play is a good indicator of the worst team.  Sure Corey is technically correct that the team with the worst all-play could win the title, but pigs would fly before that would happen, so IMO that's just a strawman argument.  Even if you wanted to build that strawman just say that no playoff team can wear pink and that it goes to the team with the worst record that didn't make the playoffs.  Problem solved, although I still feel that all-play or least total points would be even more pinkworthy.[/quote]

I like pink going to the worst team that didn't make the playoffs but I agree all-play record is a significant stat. I would think there is a direct correlation between poor all-play record and lowest point total but you could still have the lowest point total and not have the worst record.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 pm

^most confusing post/quote ever?


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2241

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:58 pm

You could conceivably have the lowest total points over the course of a season and be undefeated.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2241

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

1. Any team that makes the playoffs is not eligible for pink
2. Of the remaining teams the team that has the worst all-play record wears pink

Problem solved...let's drink some beer


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6444

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:45 pm

I say we just make the new guy pink!!



Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
1. Any team that makes the playoffs is not eligible for pink
2. Of the remaining teams the team that has the worst all-play record wears pink

Problem solved...let's drink some beer

Now you're making sense.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2241

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I say we just make the new guy pink!!


I have a better idea... no!



Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7457

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing

:agreed2:


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing
Its easy to say that right now,   because it is not exactly a common occurence and it simply isn't your particular reality at the moment...   Even if it happened to you and you thought it was funny (which I don't totally buy anyhow),   I think it the novelty would wear off rather quickly and your feelings would change and you would end up hating it...    It would be pretty awful to be a league champion that nobody could take seriously or respect....   lets hope it never actually happens...

Fortunately I don't need you to buy it for me to feel this way :dry:

In 10 years are people more likely to remember the guy that won the league and took pink or who "just" won the league in some random year 10 years ago...


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:51 pm

The more I think about it, the funnier it is. Being able to boast that you are champion while simultaneously making every other owner explain to friends and family why they're spending so much time on a pretty pink website with who knows what kind of graphics everywhere. Right or wrong, it's hilarious.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5628

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
The more I think about it, the funnier it is.  Being able to boast that you are champion while simultaneously making every other owner explain to friends and family why they're spending so much time on a pretty pink website with who knows what kind of graphics everywhere.  Right or wrong, it's hilarious.  

good post

useless


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5628

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't believe anyone here would think it was funny if they were forced into the pink punishment following a league championship!   The fact that its even possible is a problem with the system...

If I won the league championship by the amazing combination of circumstances required for that to happen I would think it was funny actually - plus the winnings and legacy would be totally worth having to wear pink. It would be a more unique championship than any other way I could think of...  Laughing
Its easy to say that right now,   because it is not exactly a common occurence and it simply isn't your particular reality at the moment...   Even if it happened to you and you thought it was funny (which I don't totally buy anyhow),   I think it the novelty would wear off rather quickly and your feelings would change and you would end up hating it...    It would be pretty awful to be a league champion that nobody could take seriously or respect....   lets hope it never actually happens...

To wear pink as a champ is something I would wear with pride. With the pride of knowing that ALL OF YOU FUCKERS LET THE PINK WIN IT ALL!!!!

beer


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 pm

I'm just happy some people get it. I am proud that I have stayed out of this conversation too. I am growing up before my very eyes. Awwww. lol 2


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8504

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm just happy some people get it.  I am proud that I have stayed out of this conversation too.  I am growing up before my very eyes.  Awwww.  lol 2

We're so proud...

laughing


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 am

I don't get it. Crying or Very sad


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:12 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm just happy some people get it.  I am proud that I have stayed out of this conversation too.  I am growing up before my very eyes.  Awwww.  lol 2

Yeah, me too.

Although the bitchfest would really begin if we changed the criteria....................


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   

Back to top Go down
 
Random RWP info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: