Share | 

Martavis Bryant WR PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:22 am

New England Nineties wrote:
In one league I play in with a bunch of industry writers, I have Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin, and Bryant. No kidding.

WOW---------this is crazy. Sucks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 am

Very frustrating to hear this news. If this kid can't put it away and get to football this could easily be my biggest disappointment moment in fantasy.

I get that the NFL could do away with this rule but we don't need to go there.

I say it about every player that does this but for the love of fuck would somebody in this kids life get it through to him that he has just a few years to take advantage of this opportunity and that he has many pot smoking years in his future after the opportunity passes.

Selfishly, I just want to see if Bryant is the player I think he is....if injury or this sort of crap robs me of that I am gonna bang head on wall bang head on wall bang head on wall bang head on wall bang head on wall bang head on wall

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

I guess weed is more important than playing football  shrug

I would think it's the other way around, but these players have their priorities all messed up

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I guess weed is more important than playing football  shrug

I would think it's the other way around, but these players have their priorities all messed up

They are idiots. Be good for 10 years, and you can retire at 32 years old and never work another day in your life. Man.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:31 pm

He is having a monster game today. He is great on the deep ball. Too bad preseason doesn't count. It is weird watching all the suspended players go in preseason.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah, I'm super happy watching that after I just moved him. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:52 pm

He is what I said he is but we need to get him off the pipe. Now if you want to crown his ass then get in line because I already did.

Well that was supposed to be a spoof of Denny Green but I'm tired so it went south...fuck it. laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Million Dollar Body run by a $0.10 cent Mind.

ARGH! ... Mad

coffee

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 am

Quote :
(FFChamps) Steelers wide receiver, Martavis Bryant, has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The second-year player's appeal of the suspension was denied by the NFL on Monday. Analysis: Bryant became a key target for Ben Roethlisberger toward the end of the 2014 season, making 26 receptions for 549 yards and eight touchdowns. He was a fourth-round draft pick out of Clemson last year and was expected to be a strong complement to All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown.

So the suspension will stand and Bryant will miss a month of the season... way to go dumbass Josh Gordon wannabe!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

So the suspension will stand and Bryant will miss a month of the season...   way to go dumbass Josh Gordon wannabe!

That was my only thought while trading him, is that he will become that type of guy. People were crawling all over me to get that guy man.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:12 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Quote :
(FFChamps) Steelers wide receiver, Martavis Bryant, has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The second-year player's appeal of the suspension was denied by the NFL on Monday. Analysis: Bryant became a key target for Ben Roethlisberger toward the end of the 2014 season, making 26 receptions for 549 yards and eight touchdowns. He was a fourth-round draft pick out of Clemson last year and was expected to be a strong complement to All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown.

So the suspension will stand and Bryant will miss a month of the season...   way to go dumbass Josh Gordon wannabe!

This really pisses me off.... But then it pisses me off even more to see him light up the field in preseason and I'm stuck wondering What If....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Ben should be back next week. yay

It was hard to watch todays game...and yet he still put up 15 points.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Yes, Big Ben back in week 8..... It will be interesting to see who is the biggest scorer of Bryant and Brown.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Quote :
steelers | Big Ben talks Martavis Bryant Tue Jan 19, 06:14 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Martavis Bryant needs to take the next step to become the best in the world this offseason, according to QB Ben Roethlisberger.

True.

However Ben needs to learn how to look somewhere other than Brown on more plays...which isn't to say Brown should be used less at all but Ben had way too many plays where he just looked at Brown and forced it in or got hit waiting for him to be open instead of playing like he did in past seasons.

As good as this offense has been, they could be much better if it wasn't so heavily weighted on Brown in that fashion...and getting Bell back healthy of course.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 am

I really like Bryant. I think he could easily have 1,000 yards receiving next year. What a threat that team would be with 2 1,000 yard receivers

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:28 am

This kid is impressive, commentators were comparing him to Randy Moss, let's not get carried away just yet. So far all he does is take plays off just like Moss did.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 am

Bryant is a very good player, but "Best in the World" is a HUGE stretch, he won't even be the best on his team as long as AB is there... But he is definitely one of the best WR2's in the league, capable of posting WR1 numbers when given the targets...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:48 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
This kid is impressive, commentators were comparing him to Randy Moss, let's not get carried away just yet. So far all he does is take plays off just like Moss did.

I'm high on the kid but he's no where close to Moss IMO.... Moss had the speed to stretch the field, 0 to 60 in one step, he practically invented the jump ball and had the inate ability to always get his body in the right place at the right time to come down with the ball. Hell, him and Cullpecker we're a great pair but not because Pecker was a great QB but because when in trouble just lob it to Moss and Moss comes down with 95% of those. Moss made Pecker and not the other way around....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Just seen this tweet:

EXCLUSIVE to DKPittsburghSports.com : MARTAVIS BRYANT FACING SEASON-LONG @NFL SUSPENSION

Never saw that coming. Not.

loser

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:43 pm

What. A. Moron.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Always nice when this happens to a player you have zero shares of...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I cannot believe the chronic stupidity of the NFL player. Such much money goes to the ones with so few brains. If this guy derails and loses a season ala' the other idiot WR Gordon, I will be literally stunned. I thought this rube had some gray matter between those ears. Guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

BTW, thought the NFL was getting rid of the year long/season long suspension for drug test stuff? Anyone got the scoop on that? Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:36 pm

At least the Steelers know in time to draft one of the slow WR's in this draft class......too bad they didnt know before Hogan was signed to NE though. make fun

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

high five

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Even when this is true I never try to say it out loud.....Football Karma is a bitch. Shhhh, we wont tell them you said it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:44 pm

This is a big boost for Wheaton.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I cannot believe the chronic stupidity of the NFL player.  Such much money goes to the ones with so few brains.  If this guy derails and loses a season ala' the other idiot WR Gordon, I will be literally stunned.  I thought this rube had some gray matter between those ears.  Guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

BTW, thought the NFL was getting rid of the year long/season long suspension for drug test stuff?  Anyone got the scoop on that?  Thanks.

I thought it is still here... I mean, this has to be his third time. I think what they were considering to get rid of was initial suspensions for certain drugs... My understanding is that it's still 3 strikes and you're done for a year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:59 pm

He deserves every game. I sold him in the one league I owned him for fear of this. Really glad.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Frustrating. Double frustrating when it's a player who could very well be in the very top tier of talents but maybe we'll never know.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Found a few links that explain the new policy... seems Bryant may have tested positive twice or even more of late to be getting a full 1 year ban. Had this been his 3rd hit he'd be looking at 10 games. I included the links for those that care to do some research or reading.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2015/8/28/9218621/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-nfls-substance-abuse-policies-martavis-bryant-steelers

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/19/6559533/nfl-new-drug-policy-details-nflpa

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
He deserves every game. I sold him in the one league I owned him for fear of this. Really glad.

A lil harsh IMO. Based on that comment you must then be in my camp in regards to killing killers and bringing back capital punishment, Cutting the cocks off of rapists, and hanging drunk drivers that kill or maim. Oh and those texters, lets not forget those douches. Cause a crash while texting we cut off you thumbs and index fingers, now try and type dumb dumb ... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:19 pm

killing killers Evil laugh

Infinite loop

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm left holding him in 2 leagues, both of those leagues have a 2 yr rookie contract and then you own the option to re-sign them for 1-4 yrs or let them go... May just have to bite the bullet and let him go in both just to get this idiot out of my hair. It's sad, he is very talented, not top shelf elite, but a very good WR2 capable of occasionally putting up WR1 weeks... really useful considering he was only a 3rd rd rookie pick...

In one league I am stacked at WR and losing him won't hurt much, but in the other (the GLDL) it will surely sting to lose his services...

So, of course he is appealing, but surely that has a zero percent chance of getting overturned in the modern NFL... what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

A lil harsh IMO.  Based on that comment you must then be in my camp in regards to killing killers and bringing back capital punishment, Cutting the cocks off of rapists, and hanging drunk drivers that kill or maim.  Oh and those texters, lets not forget those douches.  Cause a crash while texting we cut off you thumbs and index fingers, now try and type dumb dumb ... Evil laugh

Eye for an eye.

But we've had this conversation before, even though smoking weed is fine, these guys know the rules. He knew what would happen and did it anyway. He risked it all, and he will again. If he's not smart enough to lay off, maybe he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Chris- yeah, I agree. Especially with this case, he has no chance of winning an appeal.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Another brilliant athlete, all I can do is shake my head. What a joke.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:33 pm

"Wasted" talent...Get it? loser

Quote :
Martavis Bryant plans to check into rehab.
"We're all stunned," agent Brian Fettner said. "We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn’t a party issue. It’s a coping issue." Bryant's agent also confirmed he missed "multiple" drug tests, leading to a full-year ban. Bryant is appealing his suspension, but is expected to miss all of 2016.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Sammy Coates time!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Each time this happens, I think these athletes are dumber and dumber each day. The teams can offer the best support system and they still screw up. He deserves to work at McDonalds.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Each time this happens, I think these athletes are dumber and dumber each day.  The teams can offer the best support system and they still screw up.  He deserves to work at McDonalds.  

Why do you have to bag on McDonald's like that bro? ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Sammy Coates time!

Agree...Maybe another bump to L. Green?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:43 pm

My feelings exactly.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:59 pm

I'll give him this...

If it is in fact a depression/coping issue versus a partying issue (and I have not heard a single thing to indicate that's not the truth)...

...AND considering his age...

...if he does in fact seek professional help, counseling and/or rehab...

...then I'll hold out hope and not just lump him into the same category as chucklehead losers like Manziel and Gordon. Depression is an absolute bitch but it can be overcome easier than a serious case of simple stupidity.

In a nutshell, I don't think Bryant is a dumbfuck like Gordon but I am hoping he doesn't spiral like an Aldon Smith or (former Lions WR whose name escapes me right now).

Hope the kid gets some help. I'm just bummed about this season.....

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll give him this...

If it is in fact a depression/coping issue versus a partying issue (and I have not heard a single thing to indicate that's not the truth)...

...then I'll hold out hope and not just lump him into the same category as chucklehead losers like Manziel and Gordon.  Depression is an absolute bitch but it can be overcome easier than a serious case of simple stupidity.

In a nutshell, I don't think Bryant is a dumbfuck like Gordon but I am hoping he doesn't spiral like an Aldon Smith or (former Lions WR whose name escapes me right now).

Hope the kid gets some help.  I'm just bummed about this season.....

good post

You are thinking of Titus Young.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll give him this...

...then I'll hold out hope and not just lump him into the same category as chucklehead losers like Manziel and Gordon.  Depression is an absolute bitch but it can be overcome easier than a serious case of simple stupidity.

Hope the kid gets some help.  I'm just bummed about this season.....

Sorry, not cool to make excuses for Bryant while you were one of the most vocal critics of Gordon, almost reveling in his troubles... And honestly we don't really know if Gordon had just as valid of "reasons" for his use, so that is unfair, and who's to say we should just believe the reasoning for his usage, it is human nature to lie to attempt to lessen the trouble or get out of it completely...

If you are going to stand behind the suspension for someone like Gordon and call him a dumbass, it is super hypocritical to make an exception for Bryant and claim he is somehow not as big of a dumbass for doing the same thing, actually worse since he just flat skipped a number of mandatory tests.... Bryant broke the rule several times, no if ands or buts about it, he is every bit the dumbass that Gordon is...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:57 pm

When Andy likes his guys, he likes his guys.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Yep, that is why I am calling out the hypocrisy... He has been absolutely black and white with Gordon and everyone else taking the hard line approach that breaking the rule is breaking the rule and it makes you a monumental dumbass without exception! Now along comes Bryant who does the exact same thing, and don't forget that this was expected, everyone saw it coming from a mile away... the red flags were all there... But somehow he's not a dumbass?! Good one... rofl

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:31 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

On the bright side, Andy only likes about 3 to 5 guys out of the 1696 or more that partake during an NFL season. laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 am

I don't remember Gordon's case being the same...he just liked to get high. If Bryant is dealing with depression then they are different. Not saying he isn't being stupid...he surely is. Run with it though.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:44 am

I hadn't heard the depression side of it. If true, I'm glad it happened and hopefully, he gets the help he needs. Hopefully, his agent isn't using depression as a ruse for a dude who likes to get high.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant WR PIT   

Back to top Go down

Martavis Bryant WR PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: