x

Share | 

Melvin Gordon RB SDC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:10 pm

News says a knee injury. I'm not sure how severe. What's shocking to me is that he hasn't had a single 100 yard rushing game. I viewed him and Gurley as 1a and 1b. So far it isn't even close.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Before the draft I had Gordon slightly above Gurley and now I'm embarrassed to admit that. I honestly looked at the situation of Gordon in a better fantasy offense and put a notch for him there. I don't know what to expect from him moving forward, more of the same would be my guess. But he was outplayed by Woodhead for Gods sake. Woodhead!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:17 pm

I wasn't a Gordon guy at any point but for his sake, this had better be just horrible timing for a down year. If he gets 3 weeks into next season without significant indication of improvement then I would think you have to throw in the towel.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Like the kid...Hope things turn around for him next season.

San Diego Union wrote:
Melvin Gordon promised he will improve next season.
"I always start off rough like this. I don’t know why. It just always happens to me on every single level," Gordon said. "I’m going to be better. This whole team is going to be better. I can promise you that. This record will not be the same next year. I promise you." The Chargers would probably like him to start the whole improving thing over the final month of the season, but beggars cannot be choosers. With coach Mike McCoy likely out the door, the new regime in San Diego will need to tailor the running game to Gordon's skill set next season.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

San Diego Union wrote:
Melvin Gordon promised he will improve next season.
"I always start off rough like this. I don’t know why. It just always happens to me on every single level," Gordon said. "I’m going to be better. This whole team is going to be better. I can promise you that. This record will not be the same next year. I promise you." The Chargers would probably like him to start the whole improving thing over the final month of the season, but beggars cannot be choosers. With coach Mike McCoy likely out the door, the new regime in San Diego will need to tailor the running game to Gordon's skill set next season.

First time I was reading it, I thought he said that line and was like surprised surprised surprised surprised

lol3

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:17 am

I thought for sure he'd avoid the Wisconsin RB trend.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:59 am

Too early to call him toast. We'll see.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:01 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Too early to call him toast.  We'll see.  
He is garbage, Knew it and passed him up in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:02 am

Too early to call him toast.  We'll see.  

Say's the Gordon owner (praying that someone will trade for him and that awful contract). laughing laughing laughing laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 am

I never sell low. I prefer to ride my sinking ships straight to the bottom of the ocean.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

I've not been a Gordon fan but I think that there might be a chance for a buy-low opportunity out there. He won't be a top 10 back but he could still be a solid contributor for several years. I think that most of his owners are frustrated with his lack of results and, with the injury, might be looking to move on and pick up the next flashy piece. If I could get him for a 1.6 or later price once trading opens up again in leagues I think that I'm a buyer.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Quote :
Chargers placed RB Melvin Gordon on injured reserve with cartilage damage in his knee, ending his season.

And so ends one of the most disappointing rookie seasons for a heralded NCAA star and top-15 NFL draft pick in recent memory. Gordon averaged 3.48 yards per carry as a rookie, didn't score a single touchdown on over 200 touches, and fumbled six times, losing four. He was also ineffective in the receiving game, averaging under six yards per catch. Poor offensive line play and San Diego's collective second-half collapse were partially to blame, but most concerning was Gordon's inability to translate his big-play running chops from college into the pros. So far, at least, he's certainly keeping alive the small-sample, largely cherry-picked narrative that Wisconsin running backs can't cut it in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 4:23 am

Chargers "O" line was a mess last year.  Maybe with a healthy line, the addition of Slausen, and  Rookie Tuerk, things will turn a bit for Gordon...or, he''ll be joining Mr. Sankey for some R & R.   :yes:

Quote :
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Melvin Gordon underwent microfracture surgery in January.
We knew Gordon went under the knife in January, but the specifics of the operation were not reported. Microfracture surgery carries an ominous history, but several players in recent years including Travis Kelce and Vontaze Burfict have come back from the operation as good as new. The Union-Tribune reports there does not seem to be much concern in the building about Gordon's short- or long-term health, and Gordon participated in on-field drills Monday, saying there is "no question" he will be ready for training camp. Gordon's recovery will be important to watch, but there does not appear to be much cause for concern right now.  

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 6:56 am

I watched him his whole time at WI. He looked like a star. Not like Ball or Dayne or some of the other failure RB's from our school, but he had something special about him. Even though our line was amazing, you could tell he was different.

Then I tried to watch him as much as possible last year. He did not look close to the same guy. It was the line. I think I was wrong while he was here. This year will be huge for him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 am

I'm rooting for him.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 am

I'm rooting for him.

Not NEARLY as much as me!!

doh

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 9:38 am

The Chargers had something like 6 or 7 completely different line combinations last season, mostly due to injury, at times they were trotting guys out there who amounted to 3rd or 4th stringer "deep bench" players... It was not pretty and there was NO continuity. It also did not help that Allen was hurt and Floyd was a shadow of his former self... The passing game was so weakened that opposing defense could just play their defensive schemes straight up with an eye towards stopping the run... There was a lot of the SS creeping toward the line as the 8th guy in the box. And the final thing that bothered me was that the Chargers ran alot of single back running plays out of the shotgun, which if I remember correctly was not at all the norm for him in Wisconsin...

All in all, it seemed like everything that could work against Gordon last season worked against him, and very little went right for him...

If he comes back healthy this year, with an improved, healthy line, and a healthy Keenan Allen to go along with the new speed threat Benjamin (who should help keep the safeties honest and back off the line), then he will have the opportunity to prove himself that he didn't fully get in 2015... But it will definitely be put up or shut up time for Gordon this season...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 9:40 am

Oh, and I am rooting for him as well, I still believe in his talent and think he checks all the boxes to be a lead 'workhorse' RB in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 2:10 pm

We'll know soon enough I guess.

My opinion is limited as I didn't see much of his college tape bar highlight reels. All I can say is he looked awful last year. The O-line is a big part of it I'm sure but that's not all it was. Some players just don't transition and I think he might be one.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 3:35 pm

England Dragons wrote:
We'll know soon enough I guess.

My opinion is limited as I didn't see much of his college tape bar highlight reels. All I can say is he looked awful last year. The O-line is a big part of it I'm sure but that's not all it was. Some players just don't transition and I think he might be one.

Typical Wisconsin RB

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   Tue May 10, 2016 5:45 pm

A troubling injury to overcome. Guess we shall see how it plays out. If I owned him I would be concerned no matter what I read and how positive the report. Worst case he should still nudge out at least 5 years of rock toting.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Gordon RB SDC   

Back to top Go down

Melvin Gordon RB SDC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: