x

Share | 

T.J. Yeldon RB JAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Just another 'Bama back or is he going to light it up in the NFL?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri May 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Drafted by the Jags!

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri May 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Just another 'Bama back or is he going to light it up in the NFL?

He won't even last as long as Richardson....

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri May 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Good as spot as any IMO.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Nice spot with no real competition! I think Yeldon is going to be successful here.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Nice spot with no real competition!   I think Yeldon is going to be successful here.

I hope so because I would like to see the Jags turn things around and become the cardiac cats we saw awhile back, but bama RBs have a lack of success in the NFL overall. I dont think he was wore down in bama though like some of the past RBs.

Fingers crossed

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat May 02, 2015 6:27 am

Perfect landing spot for him. A real chance he could be a 3 down back. Denard Robinson will still get some touches but Yeldon could be a workhorse here.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat May 02, 2015 6:43 am

I am not a Denard fan at all. I guess he needs to play to compliment the RB position but gosh I am just not a fan

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat May 02, 2015 10:14 am

Already own Yeldon in a DEVY league. Happy with the landing spot so it is on him to prove that a Bama back can play in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue May 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Yeldon won't do shit....

Mark my words....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:57 pm

8 carries for 10 yards. Ouch. That's no way to start.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
8 carries for 10 yards. Ouch. That's no way to start.

Stud. laughing

He did have a TD and a catch for 12 yards.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 pm

He had no holes to run through and he got crushed twice on the goal line. I think the TD was a gift. It looked like he didn't get in and he lost a fumble on the hit.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
He had no holes to run through and he got crushed twice on the goal line.  I think the TD was a gift.  It looked like he didn't get in and he lost a fumble on the hit.

Yep, but after the called the TD there wasn't conclusive evidence to turn it back.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Tough to evaluate RB's in the preseason, they don't get a lot of touches and a lot times OL are playing out of position or young OL are getting reps. I have my doubts about him but I think he'll have a decent year.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:36 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Tough to evaluate RB's in the preseason, they don't get a lot of touches and a lot times OL are playing out of position or young OL are getting reps. I have my doubts about him but I think he'll have a decent year.

Yeldon and Gordon looking like POS in the preseason and not getting much love. Coleman on the other hand could turn out to have the most productive year of the Rookie RB's....

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Yeldon and Gordon looking like POS in the preseason and not getting much love.  Coleman on the other hand could turn out to have the most productive year of the Rookie RB's....

Wasn't impressed with any of these overhyped RB's coming out of the draft this year. Yeldon and Gordon look like crap because this is preseason and they are learning but over time I see them becoming both usable starting rb's but nothing special.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

What RB's were you impressed with this year? Your right so many players, at all positions, are over-hyped I almost solely drafted based on their situation/team vs. how they looked in college because they all look good in college.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Yeldon and Gordon looking like POS in the preseason and not getting much love.  Coleman on the other hand could turn out to have the most productive year of the Rookie RB's....

Wasn't impressed with any of these overhyped RB's coming out of the draft this year. Yeldon and Gordon look like crap because this is preseason and they are learning but over time I see them becoming both usable starting rb's but nothing special.

FEAR AMEER BITCH

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I always get a kick out of the ironic juxtaposition of fantasy owners viewpoints... there are many who were still holding out hope for someone like TRich who is past the point of warranting any such hope, but on the other hand you have some who are either stamping rookies as studs or busts after fairly limited snaps in their first exposure to the NFL!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:44 am

Quote :
Rookie RB T.J. Yeldon is listed as the starter on the Jaguars' Week 1 depth chart.
This is not a surprise after Yeldon dominated touches early in the third preseason game, but there had been rumblings Denard Robinson could open the season as the starter. While that is not true, it will be important to watch how big a role Robinson plays against the Panthers. Yeldon is a low-end RB2 play against Carolina.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Quote :
Rapoport linked Miller, Ivory and Martin to Jacksonville.

General manager Dave Caldwell has a ton of money to throw around and could look to add a running mate to T.J. Yeldon. While the team believes Yeldon has the ability to be a three-down back -- don't be surprised to hear comparisons to Le'Veon Bell this offseason -- adding another back makes sense.

Uh oh. That'd be enough to worry me if I owned him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Bob loves Yeldon but I haven't bought into him, personally.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Bob loves Yeldon but I haven't bought into him, personally.

In another league a guy traded the 1.01 for Yeldon and the 2.08. Gross.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 pm

That would be a shocker for me. Jaguars should focus on defense. They dont need another top RB.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
That would be a shocker for me.  Jaguars should focus on defense.  They dont need another top RB.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Quote :
Chris Ivory - RB - Jaguars
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jaguars agreed to terms with RB Chris Ivory, formerly of the Jets.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:11 pm

As expected, they realize Yeldon is very average. $6 million a year!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Its really bad for both players (fantasy wise) but great for the team to have a RBBC with two average rb's.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 pm

What a mess, glad I didn't pick up any stock in Yeldon... I think he should still keep the lead role over Ivory, but it will be a RBBC so that isn't saying much, really hurts his fantasy value for 2016...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Its really bad for both players (fantasy wise) but great for the team to have a RBBC with two average rb's.

cheers to that

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Stay far away from these 2 in 2016! Unless one of them lands on IR.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:44 pm

What a mess,   glad I didn't pick up any stock in Yeldon...    I think he should still keep the lead role over Ivory,   but it will be a RBBC so that isn't saying much,   really hurts his fantasy value for 2016...

Think they are paying $6 million a year for a backup RB?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Gio V2

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Gio V2

Sankey V2

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
What a mess,   glad I didn't pick up any stock in Yeldon...    I think he should still keep the lead role over Ivory,   but it will be a RBBC so that isn't saying much,   really hurts his fantasy value for 2016...

Think they are paying $6 million a year for a backup RB?

I think Yeldon is a more talented back than Ivory. The Jags have a shit ton of cap room and likely had to overpay to bring in another decent RB like Ivory because he is basically agreeing to a timeshare. $6 million is alot of money but I don't know that it guarantees Ivory anything, I think the Jags willingly overpaid just to get him to sign because they have the cap room to burn... I could totally be wrong, but that is my take on it right now...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:50 pm

Well, Powell was a very useful fantasy back behind Ivory last season and that's about Yeldon's ceiling now.

I feel for Yeldon though - thought he looked good last year.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:18 am

I like the move for the Jags overall. Too many injuries with RBs and this is solid insurance for the team.

I am not shying away from owning either Ivory or Yeldon because one will be "golden" when the other misses time due to injury. Imagine what you could buy them for with the perceived value going down for both players. It is better sometimes to own an obvious RBBC with only 2 Rbs than to get in a mess like Detroit had with Bell, Riddick, Abdullah, Zenner (had he not been injured) This is a nightmare......owning a RB of RBBC of 2 is a breeze.

Seriously very few RBs are not in a RBBC sitch.......this one doesnt scare me.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 am

I am surprised Ivory went there. He could have been lead back in other areas. That is surprising to me.

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:41 am

I think Yeldon owners need to be a little surprised and disappointed by this signing. Even though the Jags have a ton of $ to spend, not sure they are dumb enough to pay $6M for a backup. Should be interesting to see this one play out.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:36 am

I was never truly sold on Yeldon but I think that this makes for a potential good buying opportunity.  If I can get him for a late 1st/early 2nd and get something like a 2nd or 3rd back in the deal I'll roll the dice.  The question is whether there is someone willing to let him go at that price.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:13 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I was never truly sold on Yeldon but I think that this makes for a potential good buying opportunity.  If I can get him for a late 1st/early 2nd and get something like a 2nd or 3rd back in the deal I'll roll the dice.  The question is whether there is someone willing to let him go at that price.

Man, if I had Yeldon I would kill to give him to you for a low 1st or early 2nd.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 am

I've sent out 4 offers.  2 rejected already.  These Yeldon owners are like Lions' fans -- always optimistic.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I've sent out 4 offers.  2 rejected already.  These Yeldon owners are like Lions' fans -- always optimistic.

And always disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

And always disappointed.

rage kick nuts

middle finger to the both of yous

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Pretty much follows the sentiment...

Quote :
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said Thursday T.J. Yeldon and Chris Ivory "will probably split carries" in 2016.
The Jags gave Ivory a five-year, $32 million deal, so he's assured a big role in the offense. Last year's coaching staff didn't trust Yeldon in short-yardage and goal-line situations, areas in which they likely envision more-powerful Ivory contributing the most. On open-field possessions, Ivory and Yeldon could conceivably rotate series equally, hurting both of their fantasy outlooks' in the process. Ivory will be the better bet for touchdowns. Yeldon has superior versatility and could finish with more touches, but neither seems likely to handle more than 12-15 per game.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:53 am

Ughh, a split rotation and losing goal line work to Ivory pretty much kills Yeldon's fantasy value for 2016... or at least until Ivory gets hurt, which is almost a given...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:39 pm

One thing to consider is that Jacksonville was 30th in rush attempts last season. With an improved defense, I am assuming that # rises pretty significantly. Definitely still a hit to Yeldon's stock, but I agree with Russ, I see it as a buy low opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Depends what you consider a 'buy-low'... Owners that spent 1st round picks last season on him are not going to be very excited about trading him for 4th or 5th round picks this year. They may as well hold onto him for that. If I could get a high 2nd rounder I would consider it, but any lower and he is a hold, I think Yeldon owners would pretty much agree with this, so he won't be widely available as a buy-low unless you can find the weakest and jumpiest Yeldon owners out there...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Depends what you consider a 'buy-low'...  Owners that spent 1st round picks last season on him are not going to be very excited about trading him for 4th or 5th round picks this year.     They may as well hold onto him for that.    If I could get a high 2nd rounder  I would consider it,  but any lower and he is a hold,   I think Yeldon owners would pretty much agree with this,   so he won't be widely available as a buy-low unless you can find the weakest and jumpiest Yeldon owners out there...

4th/5th would be stealing... I would gladly give a 2nd for Yeldon and not think twice. Those 2nd round backs are all committee backs anyway. I'd prefer Yeldon over any of them easily.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.J. Yeldon RB JAC   

Back to top Go down

T.J. Yeldon RB JAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: