x

Share | 

Robert Griffin III QB CLE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Wow...happy I didn't draft him but that sucks for him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm listening to the official press conference and Shanny is pissed and agitated and refuses to give ANY info until tomorrow.

I think it's at LEAST a torn ACL from what's he's saying. He already made a comparison to ADP's injury.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Well now that I've had a little time to recover, last night was simply painful to watch. I don't know WTF Shanny was thinking. Lots of skins fans are calling for his job, which I don't necessarily agree with, but wish there was some other way to hold him accountable. You can't win with a 1-legged quarterback. And now my RW team could be fucked next year too in addition to my skins.

This sucks...

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:45 pm

And that is why they drafted Kirk Cousins.

That would be a heartbreaker for Skins fans. On the other hand the Eagles might have a shot at 2 wins next year.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm

They had a much better chance with Cousins in the game at the time... Griffin was just not feeling it and Cousins could have had the chance to start something

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 am

Welp, Griffin needs a full knee restructure, both ACL and LCL. 6-8 months is being quoted as the recovery time, but I think that may be a little optimistic.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:19 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Welp, Griffin needs a full knee restructure, both ACL and LCL. 6-8 months is being quoted as the recovery time, but I think that may be a little optimistic.

I think so too. What a bunch of morons.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 am

Some Twitter chatter is saying could be more like 10-14 months. What a disaster. And who knows if he'll be the same when he comes back. They certainly will have to change the offense.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Some Twitter chatter is saying could be more like 10-14 months. What a disaster. And who knows if he'll be the same when he comes back. They certainly will have to change the offense.

I really think they're better off just shutting him down next year. All they need to do is have him fuck his knee up again by getting back on the field too soon.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 am

Isn't this his 2nd ACL repair?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Isn't this his 2nd ACL repair?

Yes sir.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Yikes.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Offensive rookie of the year!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 am

Quote :
Washington Redskins officials already are encouraged enough with the recovery of QB Robert Griffin III (knee) to believe he has a legitimate chance to start in Week 1 of the 2013 season, according to team and league sources.

Sounds like they're trying to reassure themselves more than us.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Washington Redskins officials already are encouraged enough with the recovery of QB Robert Griffin III (knee) to believe he has a legitimate chance to start in Week 1 of the 2013 season, according to team and league sources.

Sounds like they're trying to reassure themselves more than us.

Sounds like you're just scared he'll be back!

Ok not really...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Quote :
According to Yahoo Sports, "those close" to Robert Griffin III believe the Redskins and others around Griffin are placing "undue pressure" on RG3 to "return too quickly" from his ACL and LCL tears.

Analysis: They believe Griffin is at risk of reinjury. Redskins team Dr. James Andrews has publicly deemed RG3 "way ahead of schedule," and Griffin is starring in an Adidas ad campaign entitled "All in for Week 1." Said one source, "It's been like six weeks; what are we doing this for? He's not running yet. (Playing in Week 1) is ridiculous to talk about." Added another person close to Griffin, "I don't understand why we're talking about how close he is to playing or not right now. Let him just get better; there's a long way to go."

I'm afraid the Redskins are going to destroy him

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote :
Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III (knee) took the field in team OTAs Thursday, May 23, and was dropping back and throwing for about 20 minutes in workouts. Analysis: Seeing RGIII on the field 4 months after knee surgery had the Twittersphere and Skins fans abuzz Thursday. To be sure, it's a definite sign that the QB's rehab is on track -- and maybe even ahead of schedule -- but it's still far from a guarantee he'll be ready to run the read option, avoid blitzing LBs and pull off an Adrian Peterson-esque Week 1 start.

Crazy bastard.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu May 23, 2013 1:33 pm

pray

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III (knee) took the field in team OTAs Thursday, May 23, and was dropping back and throwing for about 20 minutes in workouts. Analysis: Seeing RGIII on the field 4 months after knee surgery had the Twittersphere and Skins fans abuzz Thursday. To be sure, it's a definite sign that the QB's rehab is on track -- and maybe even ahead of schedule -- but it's still far from a guarantee he'll be ready to run the read option, avoid blitzing LBs and pull off an Adrian Peterson-esque Week 1 start.

Crazy bastard.

Tomorrow's report will be:

"As RG3 dropped back, everyone was a little shocked.......

When his leg fell off."

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Can't wait for the inevitable post injury "dude was out there too early when he should have taken it easy" parade thats coming....RGIII owners should get what they can for him before that happens.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat May 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Thats fine- I have my homer goggle on. I just see you all as haters Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Quote :
Beat writer John Keim suggests Robert Griffin III will cut his rushing attempts to 70 this season.

It's only logical.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Can't wait for the inevitable post injury "dude was out there too early when he should have taken it easy" parade thats coming....RGIII owners should get what they can for him before that happens.

Everyone was waiting for the same posts about Purple Jesus last year... Medical science is insane if you have the money to throw at it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Everyone was waiting for the same posts about Purple Jesus last year... Medical science is insane if you have the money to throw at it.

I am not going to stand here and allow you to lump this Subway touting mofo in the same class as Purple Jesus. Blasphemy!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Testify my brother!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Quote :
(RotoWire) Griffin (knee) made it through three straight days of making cuts without suffering a setback, the Washington Post's Mike Jones reports. Analysis: Griffin is making excellent progress in his rehabilitation from a torn ACL, and at this point he's a strong bet to be ready for Week 1. He hopes to be ready for Redskins training camp, which begins July 25 in Richmond, VA.

loooking goood

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:32 am

I hope he stays healthy. love this guy.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 am

clap

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Would be amazing if he makes it back for week 1.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

Quote :
Dr. James Andrews denied claims that he has concerns about Griffin, the Washington Post reports. Andrews has cleared Griffin to play in Week 1. Analysis: The report suggests Head Coach Mike Shanahan only said Dr. Andrews had concerns to plant a seed of doubt in the Eagles, his Week 1 opponent. It would be surprising at this point if Griffin was not on the field next Monday night.
Go Bob go!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:49 am

Dude's a freak

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Hurry back so you can get hurt again! In the NFL his style of play might be great for fantasy but it is not good for longevity!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Pretty sure he just shredded his leg.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Picking up an extra qb turned out to be a good idea unfortunately :(

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Definitely hitting the waivers in some leagues for Cousins.

This may be interesting how this now plays out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports Robert Griffin III (ankle) will start Week 9 against the Vikings.

Russini has had some good info nuggets and been first on all-things Redskins multiple times this season. RGIII practiced in full on Wednesday, with multiple teammates saying he looked like his old self. But coach Jay Gruden has continued to say they won't rush RGIII back until he's 100 percent healthy and ready. That time appears to be now. Colt McCoy can ride high on his Monday night win over the Cowboys for the next few months. Gruden should name a starter Thursday or Friday. Signs continue to point to it being RGIII.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:59 pm

By "his old self" do they me that he's back to being inaccurate, over-rated and takes big hits when he tucks and runs? I am NOT an RG III fan, I don't know exactly where he falls on my "list" of QB's but might not even be near the middle, probably in the 20's

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 am

Best case scenario for McCoy as now folks can wonder if he is "something" whereas if he played this week and likely turned back into a pumpkin then any doubt would be gone.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 pm

RGIII benched in favor of Colt McCoy? Personally, I feel like coaches aren't using RGIII the way they should be. Gruden called the offense Griffin's rookie year a gimmicky offense. Well yeah, that's what it has to be. You can't treat this guy like Brady or Manning. I just don't think they have been creative enough for him to be successful.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
RGIII benched in favor of Colt McCoy? Personally, I feel like coaches aren't using RGIII the way they should be. Gruden called the offense Griffin's rookie year a gimmicky offense. Well yeah, that's what it has to be. You can't treat this guy like Brady or Manning. I just don't think they have been creative enough for him to be successful.

There's a ton of articles out there this week breaking down film. RG3 is broken. He drops back, looks at the field, and just doesn't see anything. A lot of these plays are standard dropback plays, it's not a "scheme" problem.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

There's a ton of articles out there this week breaking down film. RG3 is broken. He drops back, looks at the field, and just doesn't see anything. A lot of these plays are standard dropback plays, it's not a "scheme" problem.

See I think it is the scheme that has broken him. If the game plan catered to his strengths, I think he would play with more confidence and play better.

I don't think he will ever be good at those basic drop back and pass plays. He needs the freedom to move around.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

See I think it is the scheme that has broken him. If the game plan catered to his strengths, I think he would play with more confidence and play better.

I don't think he will ever be good at those basic drop back and pass plays. He needs the freedom to move around.

Okay. I think if he can't execute a simple pass play because he hasn't derived "confidence" from having enough play-action passes or bootlegs earlier in the game (which expose him getting lit up) then he's never going to make it anyway. Scheme can maximize/minimize a player's strengths/weaknesses, but you still need to be able to execute the basic requirements of the job. Maybe he is a "change of scenery" guy, but right now, he's a total mess. It will be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Quote :
Gruden: RGIII will open the season as Redskins' starter

Quote :
"Robert ended the season as our starter and we anticipate that going forward," Gruden said at the NFL Scouting Combine on Wednesday. "He'll be the No. 1 guy."

I wonder how long this will last. RG3 and Gruden are NOT meant for eachother.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm

mock

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Redskins are a fucking pit of a franchise. Only owner I hate more than Jerry Jones.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
Gruden: RGIII will open the season as Redskins' starter

Quote :
"Robert ended the season as our starter and we anticipate that going forward," Gruden said at the NFL Scouting Combine on Wednesday. "He'll be the No. 1 guy."

I wonder how long this will last. RG3 and Gruden are NOT meant for eachother.

The statements above are simply off season coach talk. The coach cannot come out and say RGIII is done here and minimalize whatever small trade value he has left. He cannot say "RGIII does not fit what we are doing here" cause teams will offer 6th and 7th round shit or wait for the inevitable cut/waive/and free agency.

Fact is Gruden wants a pure pocket type passer for his system. RG is not that. I have also read he does not put in the work necessary to reach levels beyond what he has performed at to this point. I do not see RG as a Skin much longer. I think he will be dealt for picks prior to or during the draft.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 pm

I dont like RG3 for any team honestly.  I try not to own him at all.

Last edited by Coinflip on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Coinflip wrote:
I dont like RG3 for any time honestly.  I try not to own him at all.

agree . I made the mistake of drafting him in the 1st round of one of my leagues. A mistake I wish I could rake back doh

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Poor guy. (meaning you not RG3)

Dont you hate it when you draft someone like that? I mean there are several first rounders who dont make it if you look back over the years. I mean Ingram went early his rookie year and he is still trying to turn on the gusto. We wont even go there with blackmon and Gordon.

RG3 seems like a spoiled entitled person to me, he wont be good because he will never play with his heart in it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:16 pm

scared

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   

Back to top Go down

Robert Griffin III QB CLE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum