Share | 

Robert Griffin III QB CLE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Quote :
Despite a tumultuous third NFL season in which he missed significant time because of injury, returned and got benched, then was re-inserted into the lineup for the final two games, will enter the 2015 campaign as the Washington Redskins' starting quarterback, Coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday. Analysis: Gruden also said he'd like to see improvement from Griffin who is coming off his worse season as a pro (1694-4-6). Griffin was benched after Week 12 and there was some speculation that the Redskins would pursue other options at quarterback in 2015. He'll be a QB2 in re-draft leagues this summer.

We'll see if he can keep his career alive.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 am

I think he can. The injuries were an issue I think that really added to the last two years. If they can keep him healthy, I really do believe he is a Top 15 QB.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 am

It's make or break time for Robert Griffin. Either he has what it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL or he doesn't. I'm kinda leaning toward the side that he doesn't have what it takes to be dependable starter in the NFL

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:02 pm

He would be more successful in Arena League. Maybe Canada. No offense Todd, just saying.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:07 pm

If he is gonna be successful, he is going to have to do it with less running that he typically does, because that is exactly why he hasn't been able to stay healthy... We will see what happens, but I have my doubts...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:15 pm

I really want him to succeed

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
If he is gonna be successful,  he is going to have to do it with less running that he typically does,  because that is exactly why he hasn't been able to stay healthy...   We will see what happens,   but I have my doubts...

I think if he's going to be successful he will have to run MORE. The injuries is what you signed up for. He's not a pocket passer, and he won't be good if you try to limit his mobility.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
If he is gonna be successful,  he is going to have to do it with less running that he typically does,  because that is exactly why he hasn't been able to stay healthy...   We will see what happens,   but I have my doubts...

I think if he's going to be successful he will have to run MORE. The injuries is what you signed up for. He's not a pocket passer, and he won't be good if you try to limit his mobility.
I agree- his running is what makes him a special player. He needs to run smarter.  You can't break a big play every play, and trying is what gets him hurt.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I agree- his running is what makes him a special player. He needs to run smarter.  You can't break a big play every play, and trying is what gets him hurt.

agree

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Player that went fastest from Hero to bust....

I never thought he was very good....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I was always a fan of his socks.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:57 pm

I often wonder how great it would feel to punch him in the face.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:00 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
I often wonder how great it would feel to punch him in the face.

I've always felt that way about Joe Rogan....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 am

Quote :
An anonymous offensive coach told ESPN's Mike Sando that Robert Griffin III is "done and there's no coming back."

Analysis: "The reason is, the injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way," the coach continued. In a poll of 35 coaches and personnel executives, the vast majority of them felt this way. "To get better in this league, you have to have a degree of humility," a personnel director said. RGIII was ranked as the league's 28th-best QB in the poll, finishing ahead of only Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel and Geno Smith.

Stick a fork in 'em?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:56 am

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:06 am

See I look at him as a stash, and a buy low guy that you get on the cheap (Super cheap) with low expectations, and if something were to happen out of the expected it is a pleasant surprise. And I have always been an RG3 naysayer.

But yeah, don't bank on him being a good asset to your franchise.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:19 pm

I can't believe the Redskins are going into this season with the same shitty QB's, as if the fans haven't suffered enough. The Redskins are not going to be good until Snyder is gone, he sinks a shit load of money into the wrong players.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
An anonymous offensive coach told ESPN's Mike Sando that Robert Griffin III is "done and there's no coming back."

Analysis: "The reason is, the injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way," the coach continued. In a poll of 35 coaches and personnel executives, the vast majority of them felt this way. "To get better in this league, you have to have a degree of humility," a personnel director said. RGIII was ranked as the league's 28th-best QB in the poll, finishing ahead of only Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel and Geno Smith.

Stick a fork in 'em?

Forgive me for going on another rant but....

Fuck the pussies that don't put their name on this type of statement and fuck Mike Sando for chucking it out there without a name behind it and fuck ESPN for hiring Mike Sando who thinks this is quality reporting. Fucking pussies the world over. This could just as well be Mike Sando's opinion after jerking off on his morning toast and eating it for all anyone knows. If you got no story then you got no story so shut the fuck up. Go hit Twitter and let everyone know what you had for breakfast, how smooth your bowel movement was and piss the fuck off with your non-football horseshit ya fuggin' donkey-lover.

A poll of 35 nameless pussy coaches was taken on this topic? Really!?!? I'm glad to know you fuckin trolls at ESPN have nothing better to do.

My take on the topic: Fuck Griffin. I didn't buy it when he came into the league which is why I never drafted him when everyone thought I should have (other league) but fuck me too because I drafted David Wilson instead and fuck David Wilson for never staying healthy so I'll never know what he could have been and fuck Tom Coughlin and his rosy cheeks for benching the kid after one damn fumble.

That said, good luck to Mr. Griffin and I think it's just fuckin sad when "anonymous snaggletooths" run their faceholes on such a large public scale. HACKS!!!!

tongue

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Hurt his shoulder and a possible concussion after getting leveled by Levy.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Hurt his shoulder and a possible concussion after getting leveled by Levy.  

Actually he didn't get hurt on the play where Levy decked him... but I am sure it was all cumulative, he got pummeled all night long... he dropped back 8 times and got hit on 6 of those! Rought night for RG3...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Hey Chris...I'm sure it will be on all the highlights, but they may not show the complete play. Was the "O" line breaking down/over matched, or was he scrambling around/taking to long to deliver the ball? If the latter, so much for his new mechanics. Will obviously hurt the WR's as well...Was hoping for a bit of a recovery from frenchy...(Pierre Garcon).

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:16 pm

The OL was breaking down, he was being pressured right out of the gate on most of those hits... On the play he got on he was attempting to scramble, but he fumbled the ball and in his attempt to dive back on it he got dogpiled on by a couple of DL guys... Not totally his fault from a decision making perspective, just a bad night where the OL was overmatched by a really good front 7 from Detroit...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:51 pm

RGIII does not lack for confidence and delusional thinking, but he certainly lacks in commitment to practice and grow his game.

Practice? Practice? Are we talking about Practice?

coffee

At least A.I. delivered the mail when called upon, how bout you RGIIIandGone?

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
RGIII does not lack for confidence and delusional thinking, but he certainly lacks in commitment to practice and grow his game.

Practice?  Practice?  Are we talking about Practice?

coffee

I don't think I've ever seen a fall from elite status quite like RGIII. His only hope to resurect his career is to get the hell out of Washington and get a fresh start someplace else. Just not in Buffalo or NYJ

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

Practice?  Practice?  Are we talking about Practice?

coffee

I don't think I've ever seen a fall from elite status quite like RGIII.  His only hope to resurect his career is to get the hell out of Washington and get a fresh start someplace else.  Just not in Buffalo or NYJ

I am not sure he was ever ELITE and so I think he has been not much different than Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel in that everyone claims these guys are complete studs and then they do DICK. Don't worry, next year everyone will be back as confident as ever that the next lock of a stud is _________. laughing

I skipped Griffin my other leagues rookie draft a few years back and they all were floored and acted like I was an idiot....if only I hadn't taken David Wilson I could be laughing at all of those cunts today. See we're all wrong but I was wrong all by myself. haha.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:46 pm

David Wilson.... Now thats a disappointment I haven't thought about in a long time. I was on the Wilson band wagon myself so don't feel bad...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
David Wilson....   Now thats a disappointment I haven't thought about in a long time.  I was on the Wilson band wagon myself so don't feel bad...

I'm not...kid fumbled a football and his grandpa wouldn't let him play anymore and then he got hurt so we'll never know what might have been. It was my error in that I couldn't see the future...I would feel worse if I drafted hi and he just sucked at playing football.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:11 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:
David Wilson....   Now thats a disappointment I haven't thought about in a long time.  I was on the Wilson band wagon myself so don't feel bad...

I'm not...kid fumbled a football and his grandpa wouldn't let him play anymore and then he got hurt so we'll never know what might have been.  It was my error in that I couldn't see the future...I would feel worse if I drafted hi and he just sucked at playing football.

Yeah so so true. It does still sting though when you burned a 1st round pick on him like I did hoping he would be the savior of my my RB position..... Damn

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Quote :
GRUDEN: KIRK COUSINS IS REDSKINS' STARTING QB FOR 2015

This should be the end of RGIII as we know it.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
GRUDEN: KIRK COUSINS IS REDSKINS' STARTING QB FOR 2015

This should be the end of RGIII as we know it.
About Fucking time, now the Redskins organization can move on

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 pm

No real surprise. He looks a shell of what he way 3 years ago. Shame.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:36 pm

I always thought Cousins was the better QB..... Offensive line just better learn how to block cause Cousins won't be starting long if they let him get hit early and often.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:31 pm

Week one will be a good test for that newly minted DL of Miami.

mischevious

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:00 pm

This has to be one of the top 5 worst trades in NFL history.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:25 pm

The real problem with RG3 is that he has more than one problem. In addition to his on field struggles relating to having to play from the pocket, he just seems like a complete diva. You have to wonder if he didn't have that amazing first year, if he would've turned out differently.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Plus he landed in Washington - with a highly dysfunctional organization. Would have been very different with a settled organization I think

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:49 pm

I remember during his rookie season hearing Sigmund Bloom say on a podcast that it would not be crazy for an Aaron Rodgers owner to consider trading him for RG3. At the time, I'm not sure it was that outlandish. It seems like forever ago, but he was ridiculously good his rookie season.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:26 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
I remember during his rookie season hearing Sigmund Bloom say on a podcast that it would not be crazy for an Aaron Rodgers owner to consider trading him for RG3. At the time, I'm not sure it was that outlandish. It seems like forever ago, but he was ridiculously good his rookie season.

Haha, yep. Did a startup dynasty superflex draft the year after his first year. RG was drafted 3 overall after Luck. And Rodgers. Set the owner back quite a bit....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:21 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

Not surprised. Rolling Eyes I do respect those guys at FBG but one needs to really sift through the fluff and nonsense.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Robert Klemko via Twitter wrote:
Robert Griffin III left a message in his locker on Monday suggesting he's played his final game as a Redskin.
In true RGIII fashion, he left behind a passive aggressive quote on laminated paper with a Redskins logo as the backdrop. RGIII's Redskins career spiraled out of control due in part to things beyond his control, but he's never seemed to exactly make things easy on his coaches. He's bound to have a fascinating market. Wherever he ends up, it's unlikely to be as a guaranteed starter.  

Just to be clear...RGIII had this in his locker all season to help motivate himself (Mother Teresa quote).  But "leaving" it behind obviously sends an intentional message. Doubt we will see it again, but enjoyed his rookie year performance.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Probably already has a moving van at the ready for Dallas or Houston... Cripes, both places need help at QB.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:54 pm

I wonder if he will ever make anything of his career moving forward. After that rookie year people labeled him the second coming, but he needs to change his style a bit if he wants longevity.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:50 am

I do think it will be interesting to see where RG3 plays. I do think he signs on a team but I am not sure where. If he is satisfied being a back up the Cowboys will provide him at least 4 starting weeks with Romo always getting hurt.

If he wants a full time gig and a team is willing to give it to him I heard someone say Houston ....not a bad choice, but I also heard a couple folks online say the Rams or Cle.

My gut says though he will go somewhere not logical. Not sure why I think that but some answers seem to obvious and sometimes these things dont end up that way.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:38 am

Watch him end up in Green Bay to sit behind Rodgers and become some super star... Favre to Rodgers to RG3... surprised

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:47 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Watch him end up in Green Bay to sit behind Rodgers and become some super star... Favre to Rodgers to RG3... surprised

We already have the future of the franchise on the roster, and his name is Brett.....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:23 pm

There are plenty of teams who need a starting QB. I imagine he'll get a shot.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

We already have the future of the franchise on the roster, and his name is Brett.....

God I sure hope that was a joke..... ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

God I sure hope that was a joke..... ROTFLMAO

Hundley is already a better quarterback than tiny hands teddy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Griffin III QB CLE   

Back to top Go down

Robert Griffin III QB CLE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: