x

Share | 

Todd Gurley RB STL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:57 pm

God is he fun to watch.  Think we've got a top 10 draft pick on our hands?

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm proud of myself for not knowing who this guy is nor knowing what school he plays for.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Stop bragging. I know you have 1,000 picks in the first round

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:11 am

suspended indefinitely.

I doubt this hurts his stock too much - although, who knows with the hit that the "shield" has taken lately, perhaps this taking of money for autographs will have more sway than it would in other years.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 am

Same. deal as Manziel, signing cards for cash. Unlike A&M, The bulldogs are being proactive

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Georgia tailback Todd Gurley is out for the season after tearing his left knee this weekend, possibly ending his college career in a rocky year that began with Heisman Trophy hopes.
The school announced Sunday that Gurley had a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Surgery will be scheduled for the star, suspended by the NCAA for four games earlier this season.
"Sad news," coach Mark Richt said Sunday night.
Gurley was hurt in the final minutes of a 34-7 win over then-No. 9 Auburn on Saturday night

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:27 pm

reading that this will drop him to the 3rd round in 2015, whereas even with the suspension he was still projected comfortably in the top ten

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Will coaches ever learn to bench star players during blowouts?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Quote :
Georgia running back Todd Gurley is a probable first-round pick, and teams interested in him are breathing a little easier today.

Gurley suffered a torn ACL on Nov. 15 in Georgia's win over Auburn. That was his first game back after he missed four games because of a suspension for selling his autograph. He had surgery in late November, and the medical recheck in Indianapolis shows he is progressing as he should be, which means he could be ready for training camp.

Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (knee), Arizona State wide receiver Jaelen Strong (wrist) and Indiana running back Tevin Coleman (foot) also were among the players undergoing medical rechecks this weekend.

Despite the injury, Gurley is the No. 12 player -- and the top running back -- on NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah's list of the draft's Top 50 prospects. Gurley is both physical and fast, and he also is an excellent receiver.

He should be appealing as a first-round pick to teams hunting for a new running back, which should include the Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers. Depending upon what they do with Adrian Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings also could be looking for a new feature back.

All six NFL Media analysts who have posted mock drafts have Gurley going in the first round, with four of them projecting him to San Diego at No. 17.

I originally wanted to avoid Gurley but the more I read the more comfortable I feel with his injury. I absolutely loved watching him the few times I saw him in college.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Yeah its gonna be a tough call between Gurley and the Wisconsin RB who name haso left my brain at the moment

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Gordon! Melvin Gordon.

I could just take both shrug Laughing

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Well its all gonna come down to situation and what NFL team they land on... If either of them land with the Browns, Pats or Jets I won't touch em...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 am

Read today that he's expected to be ready for Wk1 and that he's likely to go in the Top 10 again.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 am

Yeah here's the NFL.COM article.

Quote :
Todd Gurley's chances of being an early first-round pick and the top running back chosen in the 2015 NFL Draft look better than ever. The former Georgia star's recovery from the ACL tear he suffered in November received a favorable review over the weekend from his NFL Scouting Combine medical recheck.

In fact, NFL Media's Albert Breer is told by sources from five NFL clubs that Gurley has a "great shot" to play in the first game of the 2015 season. According to Breer, results of Gurley's exam suggest that he'll be ready to play at some point during training camp.

His progress is squarely in line with the six-to-nine-month time frame for recovery that Gurley described at the combine in February. That range put his return somewhere between May and August, and Gurley reiterated at Georgia's pro day in March that his recovery was on schedule. Gurley tore his ACL on Nov. 15 against Auburn in his first game back from a four-game suspension levied first by UGA, then extended by the NCAA, for profiting from autographed memorabilia.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah projects Gurley to be drafted by the San Diego Chargers at No. 17 overall as the first running back chosen in the draft. Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon is also projected as a first-round pick, and has been campaigning publicly to be chosen ahead of Gurley.

The two are expected to end the first-round drought for running backs, as no RB has gone in Round 1 since 2012.

Gurley rushed for 911 yards and a career-best 7.4 yards per carry last season for the Bulldogs, but the suspension and his injury limited his season to just six games. NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks wrote in October that the suspension would not adversely affect Gurley's draft status. He was unable to participate in the combine or Georgia's pro day while rehabilitating his injury.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm still torn between Gurley and Gordon....   I think both will be very good but I lean toward Gordon as the more durable of the 2....

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

That Gurley guy sucks......Anyone drafting him in with a top three pick is just wasting that pick.

mischevious

:happy:

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Yeah RB's just aren't that valuable anymore.  Ones like AP and Murray are a rare breed...

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Mel & Todd's Mock Draft got him to the Giants. Justin would jump out his panties.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

That would be a great spot for him or Gordon... Hell, Coleman would work out great there as well

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Holy shit fuck yeah. St. Louis.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Poor Mason...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Well thats a kick square in the nuts to unsuspecting Tre Mason owners! I was really shocked by this pick. The Rams had plenty of other needs, nobody thought RB was on the list, did they?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:29 pm

I did not.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 4:47 am

I dont own Mason in leagues so I love the pick. I also dont think Mason was the answer and he had a good year because of Stacy being so disappointing.

Is it possible that Gurley and Mason make a great RBBC. They wouldnt have to over work Gurley his first year.

I think it is a genius pick. Only question do you take Gurley as the first RB off your draft board?

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Well, Mason is too good to leave on the bench so I'm sure this is going to be a Thunder and Lightning aproach to the backfield.  Kind of leaves the ball in the hot hand and neither player will be consistent in Fantasy scoring,.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Mason is average.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Mason couldn't hold Gurley's jock

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Mason is average.  

You must not have watched the SEC Championship game against Missu or seen his career stats...  Better then Gurley's and he's more durable then Gurley...  Don't get me wrong, I don't see them in a starting competition.  They will be the best RBBC in the NFL....

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tre-mason-1.html

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri May 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Mason couldn't hold Gurley's jock

Thats because Gurley will be holding Mason's in 2015....

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat May 02, 2015 10:13 am

Yep shocked for 12 hours but warming up to the fact we will be running and running and running the ball.

Now is the time for the O Line to block and the Defense to live up to the expectations with all the talent

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue May 05, 2015 6:24 pm

isn't Gurley expected to miss part of the regular season still healing from his injury???

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:24 am

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Jim Thomas

St. Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley (knee) still has a lot of progress to make before he's able to practice, but he did limited work on the side during organized team activities Thursday, June 4. It has already been speculated that Gurley could begin training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 am

That's what I thought.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 am

He will be worth the wait though. Some people around here think he will be as good or better than Le'Veon Bell already. Whoa Whoa Whoa pump the brakes son. I had a huge boner for Gurley at Georgia, he is damn good, but I won't put my faith in Todd replacing Le'Veon on the leaderboard. 

I do think he will do some amazing things and be an absolute force in the league. Can't wait to see him showcase on the main stage probably around week 6 this year is my guess.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am

I'm not sold on the guy at all and I've watched him play. I still think Gordon is gonna be the better RB.. I like Coleman as much as I like Gurley

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld) Todd Gurley (ACL surgery) will soon meet with Dr. James Andrews for a recheck of his surgically repaired knee. Analysis: The meeting will take place "in the next few weeks." Gurley's recovery is believed to have gone on free of setbacks, but that won't be officially determined until Dr. Andrews sees the knee. It's also possible when they meet that Gurley will be cleared for some activity before training camp, which of course would be excellent news for Gurley's chances of playing in Week 1.

I picked him up at #2 overall in 2 different leagues... im rooting for him! Was not a mason fan, so didn't own him anywhere and wasn't impacted. Fisher will hopefully not push him to soon.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:43 am

I think he's going to be a monster.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

War Eagle....

Mason is da man

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Ready for some Ram football, time to get over 500 this year

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
War Eagle....

Mason is da man

Tell us more.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:09 am

I think everyone greatly underestimates Mason. The kid is a natural runner. He sees holes before they open and can get to top spead quickly. Gurley may be the pounder but Mason is the beter runer easily.... This season will tell a lot and everyone will come to believe in Mason. Its a great time to trade or buy him cheap cause hes getting no respect right now. I gaurentee he has a chip on his shoulder right now and hell be out to prove a point early...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:21 am

Quote :
When #Rams hit training camp, RB Todd Gurley (ACL) expected to be on Non-Football Injury list, which was the plan. Can take him off whenever

So any bets on if he plays in any preseason games?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 am

Where did Gurley go in the RW rookie draft this year? Just wondering.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:35 am

Possibly a few snaps here and there, but I don't see him getting anymore than 5 carries per game in the preseason.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:37 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

#1 overall in both conferences

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:38 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

#1 overall in both conferences

See that is the general consensus, but man I find it hard to draft him over MG3, I really do.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 am

I totally agree. That's why I drafted them both.

troll

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:47 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I totally agree.  That's why I drafted them both.  

troll  

Damn, that's pretty Manly.
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm

I doubt he plays.

RotoWire wrote:
Gurley (knee) is expected to open training camp on the non-football injury list, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports. Analysis: This isn't exactly a new development, as Gurley was never expected to be ready for the July 27 start of Rams training camp, coming off a Nov. 15 ACL tear. He can be removed from the non-football injury list at any time, and the Rams may instead decide to put him on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. If he were to open the regular season on the PUP list, Gurley would be required to miss the first six games. Week 1 isn't out of the question, but neither is an extended absence to open the season.

I'd say he won't be available for week 1.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 pm

From what I've read - that they want to take it real easy on him and protect their investment - I think PUP is quite likely.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todd Gurley RB STL   

Back to top Go down

Todd Gurley RB STL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: