Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Broken hand.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Quote :
McCoy (hand) isn't expected to play Thursday in Atlanta, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. Analysis: McCoy is currently recovering from a broken hand suffered in Week 2, leaving him with questionable status entering Thursday's game. If he's unable to roll, Da'Quan Bowers (abdomen) would fill in at defensive tackle.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Quote :
McCoy (hand) was able to practice Monday, the Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports. Analysis: He was inactive for Thursday's game, but the fact that he was able to practice Monday suggests McCoy will probably return to action for the Week 4 matchup against the Steelers.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:24 pm

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-beat-mccoy-turns-up-heat-on-offseason-training-20150418/?page=1

There’s not much a player like Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy can do to prevent the broken hand that cost him one game and limited him in others early last season.

But McCoy, who has missed parts of three seasons because of injuries, believes there is something he can do to maximize his potential when injuries aren’t costing him playing time. And that is where McCoy’s has placed most of his focus this offseason.

While players are still preparing for the start of offseason workout programs, which begin Monday across the league, McCoy has been preparing for crunch time in December.

“I’ve been trying to put myself in the worst situations possible, the most exhausting situations possible, so that I can be at my best when it matters the most,’’ McCoy said.

“It’s hot in Florida, we all know that. But this is the NFL and in the NFL you have to be able to perform at your best in the fourth quarter, and that’s what I’ve been working on.’’

A three-time Pro Bowler, McCoy said he’s doubled his normal training regimen, turning it into an all-day affair that lasts for four straight days before he takes a three-day break to recover.

“For the last two weeks I’ve been pulling 10-workout weeks,’’ McCoy said. “On Monday I do two workouts and on Tuesday I do three. I go back to two on Wednesday but then I do three more on Thursday.

“(The objective) is to find out how tired you can be and still go hard, because last year we lost a lot of close games. And so I need to still be at my best in the fourth quarter when those close games are decided.’’

McCoy said his new conditioning regimen includes everything from pilates workouts and yoga training to the more typical strength training and cardiovascular work.

He knows the extra workouts won’t prevent him from suffering a potentially season-ending injury, but he believes they will allow him to play better for longer once the season begins.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:29 pm

There's a point of over training also... Body has to get ample rest or tissue starts to break down.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerald McCoy DT TBB   

Back to top Go down

Gerald McCoy DT TBB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: