HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Alshon Jeffery WR PHI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Omaha Cornfed Cowboys

PostSubject: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:54 pm

No thread for him yet. Hearing a lot of mixed reviews about him. No separation but goes up and gets the ball better than most.

Quote :
Alshon Jeffery weighs in at 6-foot-3, 216 lbs

South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery measured 6-foot-3 1/8 and 216 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's an inch shorter and 13 pounds smaller than his college listing. While it's nice that Jeffery arrived in Indy lighter than the 230- and 240-pound rumors, he's clearly been on a lose-weight-fast program leading up to the Combine. It will be interesting to see whether he's lost strength, which would show up on the bench press. Jeffery will run his forty-yard dash on Sunday.

Source: Chris Steuber on Twitter Feb 24 - 1:32 PM
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

He will slip to late 2nd early 3rd and be a steal for whomever gets him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous item, Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffery (hand) is expected to be out four to six weeks with a fractured hand, according to a league source. Analysis: Tough break for the rookie.

Bad news Bears...

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

So Hester will get more looks

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Quote :
Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman said he expects WR Alshon Jeffery to start for the team this coming season. Analysis: Like Brandon Marshall, Jeffery has the body type to be a perfect fit for Trestman's West Coast system. Makes sense for the duo to be on the field together, as Jeffery can capitalize on the single-coverage he's bound to see with defenses focused on Marshall.

He should do well as long as Cutler can remain upright.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Starting to look like a dicey play. Hamstring issues and hasn't practiced.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 am

Quote :
There are major questions about whether Chicago Bears starting wide receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery will play Sunday night against the San Francisco 49ers. Both players were listed as questionable to play and one source said he was "75 percent" sure neither would play. In addition, receiver Josh Morgan is listed as doubtful on the injury report with a groin injury.

Analysis: Both have been labeled as gametime decisions for Sunday night's contest against San Francisco. Marshall didn't practice all week while Jeffery worked on a limited basis Friday. If both sit, its likely Santonio Holmes would fill one starting role and perhaps Josh Bellamy the other. Holmes would be a worthwhile WR3 if you're able to adjust your roster at gametime.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Active tonight.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:45 am

WALKING BOOT

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 am

Update on Alshon:

Quote :
MT @DickersonESPN: WR Alshon Jeffery injured his calf and is on crutches, #Bears John Fox calls it day-to-day. Jeffery in a walking boot.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:05 am

I read that in addition to the walking boot he was needing to keep it completely immobilized and put no weight on it... I am not a doctor, but that sounds like it could be a tad more serious than 'day to day'...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:35 am

so far it seems like fox WAY over uses the term "day to day" - he's been saying that about K White for 3 weeks

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:09 pm

He better get his ass out of that cast cause I need a big year from his lame ass....

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 am

Quote :
According to the Chicago Tribune, "all indications" are Alshon Jeffery (calf, questionable) will "try to give it a go" in Sunday's opener against the Packers.
Jeffery practiced on a limited basis all this week, even participating on a slippery, rain-soaked field in Friday's session. Per the Chicago Trib, coach John Fox wants to take a long look at Jeffery during Saturday's walkthrough before officially giving him the green light. If Jeffery is announced as active on Sunday morning, we'd have a very hard time sitting him in fantasy leagues. Jeffery was highly effective playing through a troublesome hamstring for most of last year, posting 70-plus yards and/or a touchdown in 13 of the first 15 games. "He’s been running around (at practice) and doing things," teammate Matt Forte noted of Jeffery. "So I’m definitely encouraged about how he’s coming along."

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 am

Alshon needs to sit this week and get healthy. You don't want to be banged up the rest of the season. wink

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Alshon needs to sit this week and get healthy. You don't want to be banged up the rest of the season. wink

True dat! If he goes down, then Cutler will be the worse then he already is duckhunt

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Quote :
Alshon Jeffrey suffers setback in recovery from hamstring injury & is questionable for Sunday.

Beware.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 pm

sick sick sick

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Chicago is fucked, they have a tough schedule starting the season, if Jeffrey can go he's got to play even at 75%, their season could literally be over by the times he's healthy.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:18 am

Alshon... #1 WR... I think not. Toughen up man. Maybe you should have practiced during the training camp instead of bitching for more money.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 pm

As expected:

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears will place the franchise tag on free agent Alshon Jeffery.

The number for receivers under the franchise tag is about $14.5 million. This was the expected outcome and a wise move by the Bears to prevent their best player from reaching the open market. The two sides have until mid-July to agree to a long-term deal. Most are expecting Jeffery to land a deal similar to the five-year, $70 million pact Dez Bryant signed with Dallas last offseason.
 BTW- His name is spelled wrong in the topic area. Couldn't find him originally.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

BTW- His name is spelled wrong in the topic area. Couldn't find him originally.

We'll blame a guy whom nobody other than me can even name at this point. FIXED.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:47 am

Looks official

Bears re-signed franchise player WR Alshon Jeffery to a one-year, $14.599 million contract.
Signing the deal guarantees Jeffery's $14.6 million salary, but the Bears are hopeful it eventually results in a long-term arrangement. Still only 26 years old, Jeffery's 2015 16-game pace stats were 96-1,435-7, though he missed seven games due to injury. Jeffery played full 16-game seasons in both 2013 and 2014, suggesting last year's injuries can largely be chalked up as bad luck.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:12 pm

If true, not good for his production moving forward. I just assumed the drop-off was due to him being double covered, or "dinged-up" as usual...I don't get this. scratch

Quote :
Bears coach John Fox implied he does not think Alshon Jeffery needs more targets.
"From a production standpoint, to say that we're not getting him the ball is a little bit off," Fox said. "I think he has been what I would consider — I think our opponents do too — pretty productive." The first step to fixing a problem is admitting one exists, and neither Fox nor QB Brian Hoyer was willing to do so this week. Fox even went as far to say Jeffery has just three fewer catches than Eddie Royal and Zach Miller, as if the clear No. 1 receiver having "just three" fewer catches than a slot guy and tight end is acceptable. Jeffery still has five fewer targets than Kevin White, who has been on injured reserve for a week. Fox admitted earlier this week he does not have a plan to deal with the quarterback situation, and it is becoming clear that philosophy applies to the rest of the offense as well.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:44 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
If true, not good for his production moving forward.  I just assumed the drop-off was due to him being double covered, or "dinged-up" as usual...I don't get this. scratch

Quote :
Bears coach John Fox implied he does not think Alshon Jeffery needs more targets.
"From a production standpoint, to say that we're not getting him the ball is a little bit off," Fox said. "I think he has been what I would consider — I think our opponents do too — pretty productive." The first step to fixing a problem is admitting one exists, and neither Fox nor QB Brian Hoyer was willing to do so this week. Fox even went as far to say Jeffery has just three fewer catches than Eddie Royal and Zach Miller, as if the clear No. 1 receiver having "just three" fewer catches than a slot guy and tight end is acceptable. Jeffery still has five fewer targets than Kevin White, who has been on injured reserve for a week. Fox admitted earlier this week he does not have a plan to deal with the quarterback situation, and it is becoming clear that philosophy applies to the rest of the offense as well.  

I read that too and it really did not make sense to me either. He has WR1 skills on a trash team. Why they are not doing everything the can to get the ball into his hands is beyond me. He saw 12 targets (I think that is the number I read) for something like 90 yards yesterday, so maybe Fox was trying to play mind games. Guess we will see.
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 am

He needs Cutler back, and that makes me giggle.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Tsk tsk tsk

4 games

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Oops. I'm thinking as soon as Cutler was back, he went out and took some meds to intentionally end his season a bit early.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Oops.  I'm thinking as soon as Cutler was back, he went out and took some meds to intentionally end his season a bit early.

yes

Quote :
NFL suspended Bears WR Alshon Jeffery four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
An already disastrous contract year just hit rock bottom. Jeffery will be eligible to return in Week 15. Plagued by constant minor injuries, Jeffery hasn't missed a game this season, but has been ineffective, scoring only one touchdown and failing to hit the 100-yard mark since Week 1. Playing on the franchise tag, he just drastically reduced his free agent earning power. Jeffery turns 27 in February. The Bears will play out the string of a circling-the-drain season with Eddie Royal and Cameron Meredith as their top two wideouts. Marquess Wilson (foot, PUP) should return some time in the next 2-3 weeks.

lol3

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
The Bears will play out the string of a "Circling-the-Drain for 2 and a Half Decades" with Eddie Royal and Cameron Meredith as their top two wideouts. Marquess Wilson (foot, PUP) should return some time in the next 2-3 weeks.  

Heard the makers of the film "Almost Famous" and gonna do a throw back sports film next about the Bears.

The working title is "Almost Cleveland"

Cool

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:44 pm

In a contract year. Ouch.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:57 pm

He was taken 3.8 & 4.1 in the RWTC drafts and has only averaged 12.11pts a game.  From bad to worse.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Did anyone hear what the PED was. Heard somewhere it was Adderall??

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Proud owner of gronk and Alshon in RWTC. After Jordy and Dez last year. I suck at redraft

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:57 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:

I'm not a pharmacist (yet), but why is Adderall considered a PED? Isn't it mainly just to treat ADHD or sleep problems?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:

I'm not a pharmacist (yet), but why is Adderall considered a PED? Isn't it mainly just to treat ADHD or sleep problems?

If you have ADHD, it helps you focus. If you do not have ADHD, it gives you more energy as it is a stimulant/amphetamine. At least I think this is the case. Not sure this answers your question, but I would assume if it gives you more energy, that would be the "enhancing" effect.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:15 am

Jeffrey will be back in plenty of time for the playoffs...............WAIT da bears suck

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:24 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Jeffrey will be back in plenty of time for the playoffs...............WAIT da bears suck

Brilliant! beer

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Adderall is the excuse every player uses because it sounds better than steroids. Time for the NFL to publish the actual violation. That would clean up the game quickly.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Ian Rapoport:
Alshon Jeffery to the Eagles for 1 year — $14M

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Ian Rapoport:
Alshon Jeffery to the Eagles for 1 year — $14M

Now Jeffery will stud out, cause once a Bear leaves the Den, the air seems fresher, the sun seems brighter, and the world as a whole seems like a beautiful place.

#Jeffery_ProBowl-Bound

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Jesus tap dancing christ what a weird day in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Nice to see Jeffery backing himself. A good 2017 = PAYDAY.

Still, needs to have a good 2017 for that to work.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Jesus tap dancing christ what a weird day in the NFL.  

Just for you Justin ... Dancing Jesus, brother of Buddy Jesus.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:33 pm

England Dragons wrote:

PROBABLY NOBODY OFFERED HIM ENOUGH ON A MULTI-YEAR DEAL - SO HE HAS TO PROVE IT

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

PROBABLY NOBODY OFFERED HIM ENOUGH ON A MULTI-YEAR DEAL - SO HE HAS TO PROVE IT

Yep - agree. He has to do it and he has to do it this year.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Yay for Wentz!!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:03 am

Well I don't like this at all as a Giants fan, but good on Jeffery if he can prove himself and play for a long term deal. $17 mill this year is nothing to scoff at either.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 am

I heard Minnesota offered him a longer term deal, but not as much money as he was looking for so he decided to roll the dice on the 1yr deal. For the Eagles, I like the non-commital stance, but unless we can get him to sign long term when/if he blows up, it doesn't do much for us.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:49 pm

I heard Minnesota offered him a longer term deal, but not as much money as he was looking for so he decided to roll the dice on the 1yr deal.  For the Eagles, I like the non-commital stance, but unless we can get him to sign long term when/if he blows up, it doesn't do much for us.

That, and who wants to play for the Vikings? laughing

On a serious note, good signing for the Eagles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alshon Jeffery WR PHI   

Back to top Go down

Alshon Jeffery WR PHI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: