HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Doug Baldwin WR SEA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Quote :
The Seattle Seahawks agreed to a two-year contract extension with WR Doug Baldwin Thursday, May 29, according to a league source. Financial terms weren't given, but Baldwin was scheduled to make $2.2 million this year as a restricted free agent. His new deal will make him an unrestricted free agent after the 2016 season.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5809

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu May 29, 2014 1:09 pm

WR5 fans everywhere are cheering Laughing


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 am

Well,  he is now the WR2 on the Seattle depth chart so he should be in for at least a modest uptick in production.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 am

Stud.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Lost in all the shuffle of the Harvin trade and the firestorm discussion about whether that move will be good or bad for Harvin,   apparently this move just might make a viable fantasy assett out of Baldwin.   He is no world beater,   but in the first game with Harvin out of the way,   Baldwin goes for 7- 123 and a TD.    Not too shabby,   he might become a viable WR3 start...


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3116

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Lost in all the shuffle of the Harvin trade and the firestorm discussion about whether that move will be good or bad for Harvin,   apparently this move just might make a viable fantasy assett out of Baldwin.   He is no world beater,   but in the first game with Harvin out of the way,   Baldwin goes for 7- 123 and a TD.    Not too shabby,   he might become a viable WR3 start...

Very prophetic.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Lost in all the shuffle of the Harvin trade and the firestorm discussion about whether that move will be good or bad for Harvin,   apparently this move just might make a viable fantasy assett out of Baldwin.   He is no world beater,   but in the first game with Harvin out of the way,   Baldwin goes for 7- 123 and a TD.    Not too shabby,   he might become a viable WR3 start...

Very prophetic.

laughing More like wishful thinking that I actually got lucky with! Never expected him to put up consistent WR1 numbers for half a season though, he really surprised everyone last year!


Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 pm

He was a great surprise in 2015 and a guy I wish I owned more. Danger Russ loves him some Dougie


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10408

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Agreed to 4 year, $46 million extension. $24.5 million guaranteed.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:10 pm

I had Baldwin in several leagues last year and while I enjoyed his hot streak, I took advantage and either traded him or let him sign with other teams, as long as I got a 2nd or 3rd round pick I was happy to move him. He just isn't a guy I feel you can build around and I doubt he ever puts up the same numbers again... I just can't fully trust him...


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6842

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I had Baldwin in several leagues last year and while I enjoyed his hot streak,  I took advantage and either traded him or let him sign with other teams,   as long as I got a 2nd or 3rd round pick I was happy to move him.   He just isn't a guy I feel you can build around and I doubt he ever puts up the same numbers again...  I just can't fully trust him...

I think its funny how people say this. Literally no one expects him to do what he did during that stretch again. It's like Freeman. But for some reason everyone feels a need to include that as a negative about them.


Back to top Go down
Online
MobTown Ravens
 
 
avatar

Posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:59 am

“I don’t know” if Russell Wilson is held accountable enough...spin off from the article that was published by ESPN on Seahawk lockerroom issues...when questioned later in a radio show, Baldwin was "politically correct" in his answer, which really wasn't an answer....http://tinyurl.com/y7tzz6wh


Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
North Carolina Cobras
 
 
avatar

Posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:34 am

Baldwin may never reach the level of "stud WR" in the world of fantasy football, he has been a late 4th quarter savior many times for the Seahawks. I do agree that Wilson has been handled with gentle hands, but I think that's the key to any successful organization. I have the same issues with my staff, some I have to be firm with, others I have to baby and others I have to help their self-esteem.


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1642

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 am

Scared the crap out of me when I saw his name at the top of the player threads. Thought he tore an ACL or something. Anyway, from what I hear Pete Carroll runs a pretty loose locker room and that can sometimes come back to bit coaches. However, the Seahawks success has really spoken for itself so I am not going to question his methods


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10408

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 am

I like Baldwin in Fantasy. Had 4 bad weeks last year (Not in double digits), but he makes up for it with his big weeks. Undervalued I think.


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1086

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I like Baldwin in Fantasy. Had 4 bad weeks last year (Not in double digits), but he makes up for it with his big weeks. Undervalued I think.

I tend to agree that he's pretty useful. I don't mind having him on my roster. I think he is undervalued because his production exceeds where he usually goes. I don't know why he doesn't go earlier than he tends to go but I like finding that value during drafts.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 408

PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm not going to be touching Baldwin because I just don't see the talent to back up his fantasy production. Long term it will catch up with him. He should be a number two WR.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Doug Baldwin WR SEA   

Back to top Go down
 
Doug Baldwin WR SEA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: