Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Thu May 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
14-22  slap hammer VS dispute boxing 20-28

Just saying... tongue

Now that's funny right there. I can still laugh, because I don't have a losing record. laughing

ROTFLMAO What is funnier is I have a better record then both of them and my team smells of a mixture of emesis and urine with a touch of feces! ROFL

Appears that you've covered most of the bodily discharges . . .
Ya, really wanted to get snot in there but I thought it might be too much. shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Thu May 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Just can't stop thinking about Wheaton,  can you?   beat dead horse    

Low hanging fruit when making a case against what you're saying is all.

I totally respect that you want to examine all the pros/cons of all the players. As long as you're having a good time.

For me, I can easily skip over many a corpse knowing that while the sun may shine on a dogs ass one day, over the long haul owning worthless bags of shit like Wheaton and Adams is more likely to result in failure because in order to capitalize on their rare good moments you'll likely endure their frequent shortcomings.

I'll just try to own better players and when they don't live up to my standards I'll kick em to the curb too quickly without acknowledging how good they might be at taking a bubble bath after the game. tongue

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri May 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
14-22  slap hammer VS dispute boxing 20-28

Just saying... tongue

Now that's funny right there. I can still laugh, because I don't have a losing record. laughing

ROTFLMAO What is funnier is I have a better record then both of them and my team smells of a mixture of emesis and urine with a touch of feces! ROFL

Appears that you've covered most of the bodily discharges . . .
Ya, really wanted to get snot in there but I thought it might be too much. shrug

That would be rhinorrhea.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:39 pm

4 Years, $58 Million.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Nice!!! No brainer IMO

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Nice!!! No brainer IMO

Yep, some will say it is too much, but he is so young, talented, leads the league in TD's over the past two years. You can't let a guy like that touch the market. Plus they got it done this year so they could shove some cap money into 17!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm

I think only 18 mil guaranteed too which is relatively cheap these days. His best years are yet to come plus with him as the WR1 it will allow Jordy to be more effective with career waning down

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm not an Adams guy by any stretch but he is doing better than I thought he would. I think he's an average talent that has Aaron Rodgers spiking the value. Since I don't see a dramatic shift comign with the Packers it should work out fine. If he continues to do well and wants more money later, and the Packers are smart enough to let him get it elsewhere...then I'll laugh when someone gets stuck holding the overpriced kid down the road. That's gonna hurt.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Andy I think you’re right about Rodgers making him a better WR but you can probably say that about most great QB’s. The key is that Adams is getting better every year especially with back shoulder throws and Rodgers trusts him in big situations. I think he’s definitely capable of putting up Jordy numbers for the next 4 yrs.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Andy I think you’re right about Rodgers making him a better WR but you can probably say that about most great QB’s. The key is that Adams is getting better every year especially with back shoulder throws and Rodgers trusts him in big situations. I think he’s definitely capable of putting up Jordy numbers for the next 4 yrs.

I think Jordy numbers are too much. I suppose if Rodgers decides he's his favorite target for the next 4 years but I'm not banking on that.

As for great QBs...it's a frustrating situation that never has a definitive answer. I see teams as experiments. You add various ingredients and mix it differently and see what results you get. When things work, everyone thinks you're a genius (09 Sean Payton) and when it's not working you're an idiot.

Emmanual Sanders is great case. He's good. He's gotten much better with the experience and that was huge for him. In Pittsburgh, I said he was "eh" when others argued for him. I've really never changed that stance but luckily for him he went to a great situation Denver/Manning where a great QB/system spiked his value and he matured and improved through so today I can't really trash him like I did when he was in Pittsburgh....but am I shocked that when Manning left so did his value...nope. Today, his talent and reputation has him atop the depth chart but his results will be spotty at best unless he stumbles into another great situation (unlikely at this point).

I think Adams is in a similar boat, minus the time in Pitt. Now is his time, everything is aligned for him and if he plays his cards right he will improve his talent, gain a reputation and it'll carry him pretty far. That said, I don't believe for a millisecond that he desrves to be in the conversation of players that are really anywhere near the top of any lists.

In fantasy, if I owned him I would be eager to move him. If I don't own him (like here), I am not in the least bit interested.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:41 pm

I've been acquiring Adams in any league I can. I've liked what I've seen for sure and I think he can have similar seasons for years to come. I don't think he's a top 2-3 WR but when I look at the WR's and where people still rank him I have him MUCH higher than most. Will be my first email to new Ravens owner when he joins.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Davante Adams WR GB   

Back to top Go down

Davante Adams WR GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: