Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:08 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Pulled the trigger on this as soon as I saw it.......

I gave ASJ/2017 2nd

I received Randall Cobb.

I assumed he doesn't have NFL Mobile..............good for me!!

Wow impressive!

One of the great trades of all time.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:55 pm

This can only be good news. He's been a waste of a roster spot for the last 2 weeks.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Heeeee's baaaaack...in mean green. sick laughing

Quote :
Jets claimed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins off waivers from the Bucs.
Jets OC Chan Gailey has a reputation for "not using tight ends," but he also has a reputation for maximizing talent, which Seferian-Jenkins obviously has in spades despite all of his issues off the field. Seferian-Jenkins was popped for DUI last week, leading to his release from the Bucs. Picking him up is an extremely low-risk, high-upside maneuver by Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Assuming Seferian-Jenkins is intent on continuing his football career, he should be able to earn a role in the offense by the middle of next month. ASJ still lacks re-draft value, but he remains a hold in Dynasty leagues.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Heeeee's baaaaack...in mean green. sick  laughing

Quote :
 Jets claimed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins off waivers from the Bucs.
Jets OC Chan Gailey has a reputation for "not using tight ends," but he also has a reputation for maximizing talent, which Seferian-Jenkins obviously has in spades despite all of his issues off the field. Seferian-Jenkins was popped for DUI last week, leading to his release from the Bucs. Picking him up is an extremely low-risk, high-upside maneuver by Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Assuming Seferian-Jenkins is intent on continuing his football career, he should be able to earn a role in the offense by the middle of next month. ASJ still lacks re-draft value, but he remains a hold in Dynasty leagues.

NYC?  Now there's a town you can't get into any trouble in.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 am

This could be a good spot for him, at least in terms of having no competition ... the Jets are the only team that have yet to even target a TE through 3 games!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:43 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This could be a good spot for him,   at least in terms of having no competition ...   the Jets are the only team that have yet to even target a TE through 3 games!  

Is that true? Holy crap, I haven't seen that stat. That is absolutely crazy.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 am

This could be a good spot for him,   at least in terms of having no competition ...   the Jets are the only team that have yet to even target a TE through 3 games!  

Yeah, cuz nothing spells success like having your player go to a team that intends not to use him at all. lol 2

Just playing with ya. Time will tell I suppose. I doubt this clown has much success.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:00 am

He basically had no competition in TBay either and managed to suck his way to waiver wire.  He's just a wasted pick that will flounder about for another year or so as teams kick his tires and then realize "oh yeah, this dude does suck."

coffee

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 pm

All I meant by no competition is at least he didn't go somewher like NE where he would clearly be a backup. The situation in TB was the new coach hated him personaly, had nothing to do with competition... Him being waived also had nothing to do with "sucking" or a lack of talent, it had everything to do with being in a coaches doghouse and the DUI was the last straw for that coach...

As for the Jets, its not that they don't want to use the TE, its that they don't have one that is usable... Kellen Davis? Brandon Bostick? Seriously? Those guys are absolute garbage. I don't like Fitz but I think he is smart enough to utilize an actual weapon at TE if he had one, he might even complete a pass or two in between throwing INT's...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Let's not pretend that the Jets haven't had talented guys pass at the TE position through and do nothing.  For me this is possibly one of the worst destinations for him.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Let's not pretend that the Jets haven't had talented guys pass at the TE position through and do nothing.  For me this is possibly one of the worst destinations for him.

Which talented guys are you referring to? I can't remember a decent TE the Jets have had in LONG time....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Zach Sudfeld. What a freak that guy was going to be. Remember him?  ROFL

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:48 pm

How long ago was Dustin Keller? i was wrong about him. . I thought he was going to be ridiculously good.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Him being waived also had nothing to do with "sucking" or a lack of talent,   

While this "may" be true, don't be so confident. His talent isn't exactly undeniable. Being in the doghouse takes a bit more than your letting on in most cases. Maybe he was a douche in the locker room? He certainly is elsewhere. Maybe his effort in practice is garbage?

Believe what you want but I'll take Dustin Keller's time on the Jets before I'll buy into the Jets turning this douche into a winner.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

While this "may" be true, don't be so confident.  His talent isn't exactly undeniable.  Being in the doghouse takes a bit more than your letting on in most cases.  Maybe he was a douche in the locker room?  He certainly is elsewhere.  Maybe his effort in practice is garbage?  

Believe what you want but I'll take Dustin Keller's time on the Jets before I'll buy into the Jets turning this douche into a winner.

Are you talking about Dez Bryant?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

While this "may" be true, don't be so confident.  His talent isn't exactly undeniable.  Being in the doghouse takes a bit more than your letting on in most cases.  Maybe he was a douche in the locker room?  He certainly is elsewhere.  Maybe his effort in practice is garbage?  

Guys with an abundance of talent get a lot more rope than ASJ was given by the Bucs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 8:42 am

Quote :
Seferian-Jenkins (suspension) has lost about 25 pounds from his peak weight of 285 last season, checking in at 260 for OTAs, ESPN.com's Rich Cimini reports.
Analysis: The 2014 second-round selection was released by the Bucs in September after being charged with a DUI, and the Jets then claimed him off waivers and used him in a minor role throughout the rest of the season. Seferian-Jenkins caught 10 of 17 targets for 110 yards in seven games with his new team, also missing a few contests due to hamstring and ankle injuries, and thus failing to play double-digit games for a third time in three NFL seasons. While he still needs to serve a two-game suspension for the DUI, it sounds as if Seferian-Jenkins has finally turned his full attention to football, undergoing what his agent referred to as a "mental and physical lifestyle change". He'll still need to prove himself in training camp and the preseason, but the Jets don't have much in the way of other talent at a position they hope to involve in the passing game for the first time since 2014. Seferian-Jenkins has a real shot at the lead role once he returns from suspension in Week 3.

Good to hear something moderately positive about him for a change. Wonder if he has his shit together.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 8:49 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Seferian-Jenkins (suspension) has lost about 25 pounds from his peak weight of 285 last season, checking in at 260 for OTAs, ESPN.com's Rich Cimini reports.
Analysis: The 2014 second-round selection was released by the Bucs in September after being charged with a DUI, and the Jets then claimed him off waivers and used him in a minor role throughout the rest of the season. Seferian-Jenkins caught 10 of 17 targets for 110 yards in seven games with his new team, also missing a few contests due to hamstring and ankle injuries, and thus failing to play double-digit games for a third time in three NFL seasons. While he still needs to serve a two-game suspension for the DUI, it sounds as if Seferian-Jenkins has finally turned his full attention to football, undergoing what his agent referred to as a "mental and physical lifestyle change". He'll still need to prove himself in training camp and the preseason, but the Jets don't have much in the way of other talent at a position they hope to involve in the passing game for the first time since 2014. Seferian-Jenkins has a real shot at the lead role once he returns from suspension in Week 3.

Good to hear something moderately positive about him for a change.  Wonder if he has his shit together.  

As an owner, that would be awfully nice. Of course who with the Jets QB situation it might not really matter.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 8:57 am

Bust.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bust.

agree

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 9:26 am

I'm just hoping that someone picks him up after reading this thread. Should make for some entertaining comments afterwards.

I think that Bill should take the plunge -- he's still out there for you.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm just hoping that someone picks him up after reading this thread.  Should make for some entertaining comments afterwards.  

scratch Am I having a whoosh moment or are you just poking me for some of my previous decisions? (In which case middle finger )

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm just hoping that someone picks him up after reading this thread.  Should make for some entertaining comments afterwards.  

scratch Am I having a whoosh moment or are you just poking me for some of my previous decisions? (In which case middle finger )

No inside joke or dig. Actually, I got a lot of flak for telling people that I liked your dispersal draft. But you were poking around here, and you could add a few years, so you seemed like a good candidate. So, are you picking him up?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 9:47 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Charm City Justice wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

No inside joke or dig.  Actually, I got a lot of flak for telling people that I liked your dispersal draft.  But you were poking around here, and you could add a few years, so you seemed like a good candidate.  So, are you picking him up?

He's already on my team (un)fortunately, that's why I was confused.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 am

I'm not willing to call bust just yet. It's close though.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

They already have Leggett. Could be tough for ASJ unless the Jets are planning to run a lot of 2TE.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
They already have Leggett. Could be tough for ASJ unless the Jets are planning to run a lot of 2TE.

Leggett was a 5th round pick and TE's usually take time to develop. The job is ASJ's if he wants it but I just see a situation where we use them for blocking only.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Riverside Rottweilers wrote:

Leggett was a 5th round pick and TE's usually take time to develop. The job is ASJ's if he wants it but I just see a situation where we use them for blocking only.

Good point. Given how infrequently the Jets have targeted their TEs in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

What's his face used to be pretty decent didn't he?

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue May 30, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm not willing to call bust just yet.  It's close though.

I'll venture out on that limb... He is a bust

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 am

ASJ should have stayed at UW for another year...he had a rocky Junior year, injury/surgery, suspended for a game for a DUI in March of 2013...needed another year to mature....was over valued

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am

(Rotoworld) Suspended Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins revealed he's been clean and sober for 129 days.
Analysis: ASJ has battled a not-so-secret drinking problem since college. He quit on January 21 and attended outpatient rehab four times a week. Seferian-Jenkins "graduated" from rehab last week. "Knowing you need help and you don't go get it, that's the worst thing," he said. "I was scared to get help. I was scared and embarrassed to tell people I have a problem." Seferian-Jenkins has dropped 20-something pounds and says he's undergone a "transformation." He's apparently been lighting up OTAs.

FOOTBALL ASIDE - HOPE IT WORKS FOR HIM

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
(Rotoworld) Suspended Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins revealed he's been clean and sober for 129 days.
Analysis: ASJ has battled a not-so-secret drinking problem since college. He quit on January 21 and attended outpatient rehab four times a week. Seferian-Jenkins "graduated" from rehab last week. "Knowing you need help and you don't go get it, that's the worst thing," he said. "I was scared to get help. I was scared and embarrassed to tell people I have a problem." Seferian-Jenkins has dropped 20-something pounds and says he's undergone a "transformation." He's apparently been lighting up OTAs.

FOOTBALL ASIDE - HOPE IT WORKS FOR HIM

All the more power to him if he remains sober. As much as fans seem to forget it sometimes, there are things bigger than football.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 8:36 am

Man he is one of my all time biggest busts to date. I literally drafted him EVERYWHERE. Still hurts.

At this point I think it would be worse for me if he turns out being good.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 am

Well Google helped me out. Dustin Keller! He was pretty good for awhile.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 am

Good for him for being sober. May he stay that way.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 11:39 am

Well Google helped me out.  Dustin Keller!  He was pretty good for awhile.

Sanchez to Keller looked like Brady to Gronk for a while.

Sort of.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 11:48 am

Sanchez to Keller looked like Brady to Gronk for a while.

Sort of.[/quote]

Like that one pass that time? gtfo

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 11:54 am

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:

Like that one pass that time? gtfo

Pretty sure I remember at least two. thinking2

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed May 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Sober or not, ASJ is still going to suck! Doesn't have the heart to be a professional football player

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   

Back to top Go down

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: