Share | 

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri May 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Well it was really a need.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri May 09, 2014 8:48 pm

The new coaching staff does not trust Tim Wright as the TE because he cannot block,   picking ASJ in the second is a huge improvement...

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri May 09, 2014 11:39 pm

VJax, Big Mike, and ASJ make for a vicious facefuck to opposing defenses. Kinda like a similar size contingent that Lovie had going with the Bears in his final season (w Marshall and Jeffery, which paid off big after he left last year and Alshon blew up).

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Lovie offense in 2012 was much different than Trestman's offense in 2013.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Quote :
Seferian-Jenkins (ankle) is out for Sunday's game against St. Louis. Analysis: Seferian-Jenkins got off to a fast start against the Panthers in Week 1, catching a 26-yard pass early, but this injury obviously halts his momentum for the time being. Brandon Myers could see a couple more targets Sunday.

That's disappointing.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Published Thu Jan 22 9:01:00 a.m. ET 2015
(Rotoworld)New Bucs OC Dirk Koetter mentioned Austin Seferian-Jenkins when discussing the talent he now has on offense.
Analysis: It could have been easy heap praise on Mike Evans/Vincent Jackson and gloss over a tight end who posted a meager 21-221-2 line last season. But Koetter, who coached Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta for two seasons, is well aware of the skill set Seferian-Jenkins possesses. This is a 6'5/262 mountain of a man with 4.56 speed, giving the next Bucs' quarterback (likely Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota) a massive catch radius. ASJ is a candidate to take a big step forward as a NFL sophomore.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 am

I have a fantasy friend that was inquiring which side some of us liked regarding the following:

or
ASJ

Most said they would keep the draft pick. What is the RW thought on this?

Found this information yesterday for the friend to help a decision to be made. I believe the pick was kept in the end.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins (back) is back at 100 percent.
ASJ missed the final three games of the season, spending the final two on injured reserve. "It’s feeling awesome — so much better since the end of the season," ASJ said. "By being put on (injured reserve) I got a chance to rest, so it’s feeling great again." Already singled out for praise by new OC Dirk Koetter, ASJ will be on the radar as a TE1 breakout candidate in 2015.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 am

Seems fair to me. Might slightly lean ASJ.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 am

Florida Chaetomorpha / Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks Trade
Florida Chaetomorpha gave up Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Luxembourg Miners
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks gave up Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE
Fri Jan 2 1:03:23 p.m. ET 2015

Bam! Ya I would lean ASJ tooooo!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 am

Buccaneers.com lists Austin Seferian-Jenkins as a candidate for a breakout year.

Seferian-Jenkins is "primed for the type of season the Bucs envisioned when they drafted him," according to reporter Scott Smith. With Jameis Winston at the controls and in a more tight end-friendly offense, ASJ will easily outperform his 21/221/2 rookie-year line if he stays healthy. Nick O’Leary led tight ends in targets (73) and won the Mackey Award as Winston’s primary checkdown last year.

Source: buccaneers.com

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Quote :
Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins suffered strained shoulder expected to sideline him 4-6 weeks, per source. Doctor's 2nd opinion coming.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

ouch.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Man I just had a trade for ASJ fall through 4 days ago. WHEW!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

The only like I own ASJ in he is buried behind Kelce and Rudolph so this shouldn't really affect me. A shame though, he was actually starting to show what kind of player he could become...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 am

For the Twitterererererers in the crowd, check out ASJ's twitter feed -- some of it has been deleted but he's going at it with some fans.  Either that, or he really likes hooking up with people's moms.

https://twitter.com/Aesj88?lang=en

Just one example of his craziness last night -- booze and Twitter is a fun combo.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:30 am

Wow, ASJ loves the sauce, or he should be tested...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 am

It looks like he was kicked off the practice field by the coach, who said that ASJ "didn't know what he was doing."  The fans started digging at him and ASJ lost it on Twitter, although ASJ was the first one to bring the issue to Twitter.

Twitter is a dangerous thing for athletes -- or any public figure.  Too much access for fans and too easy to say something stupid.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:32 am

You know, if Twitter was around when I was in my 20's and somebody started talking shit about me, I would have gone off on them right back.  Now that I'm A LOT older, and it was the same scenario, I wouldn't even waste my breath & time acknowledging their tweets.  I guess with age does come wisdom.  

For somebody young and famous, I can't imagine how super careful they need to be these days.  Today's cell phones take way better pictures than the old Kodak instamatic from my day.  Everybody is an instant paparazzi now a days.  These guys are truly under the microscope.  But they also need to realize they are given an opportunity of a lifetime to play a sport they love and get paid monster dollars to play it.  For ASJ to be allegedly wandering around OTA's and not having a clue to what's going on, is also a tough pill for me to swallow.  I'd be studying that playbook day and night.  But then again, what's the whole story?  Only the coaching staff and players know exactly.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Quote :
Roy Cummings of Today's Pigskin believes Austin Seferian-Jenkins' attitude "has the potential to cost him his job."

"Seferian-Jenkins is a $10 million talent with a ten-cent head," Cummings wrote. "In just two seasons with the Buccaneers, he’s proved he has the uncanny ability to turn a molehill of a mistake into a mushroom cloud of trouble." The third-year tight end was kicked out of spring practice three weeks ago, and it wasn't the first time he's butted heads with his coaches. ASJ probably isn't in danger of being cut, but the Bucs would probably entertain trade offers for him. Coach Dirk Koetter has said Cameron Brate is in the mix to start ahead of Seferian-Jenkins.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:46 pm

I don't put much stock into this story, I think it is a fabrication so the beat writers have something to write about... Anyhow, ASJ has more talent in his left nut than Brate will ever have! Coaches, especially ones who care about their jobs don't typically bench guys like ASJ, especially to replace them with inferior talents that give their team a lesser chance of winning...

ASJ has the draft capital as an early 2nd round pick and he has flashed immense talent for the TE spot, and he is coming into that part of his career (3rd year) where many TE's finally settle in and start to produce... I can agree that ASJ has demonstrated an immaturity that is a bit disappointing, though not completely out of the ordinary with a 23 year old kid. Lots of players exhibit these kind of traits, for instance Dez Bryant has some severe attitude problems himself, but it would seem absurd to be having discussions about replacing him with some undrafted scrub because of his poor attitude! I don't view this situation with ASJ much differently.

That being said, it makes sense to pick up Brate if you own ASJ, mostly because of the injury concerns... or maybe to try and rip off a panicking ASJ owner! laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Just another motivational tactic to get him in line.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:04 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I don't put much stock into this story,  I think it is a fabrication so the beat writers have something to write about...   Anyhow,   ASJ has more talent in his left nut than Brate will ever have!   Coaches,  especially ones who care about their jobs don't typically bench guys like ASJ,  especially to replace them with inferior talents that give their team a lesser chance of winning...

ASJ has the draft capital as an early 2nd round pick and he has flashed immense talent for the TE spot,  and he is coming into that part of his career (3rd year)  where many TE's finally settle in and start to produce...    I can agree that ASJ has demonstrated an immaturity that is a bit disappointing,  though not completely out of the ordinary with a 23 year old kid.   Lots of players exhibit these kind of traits,  for instance Dez Bryant has some severe attitude problems himself,   but it would seem absurd to be having discussions about replacing him with some undrafted scrub because of his poor attitude!   I don't view this situation with ASJ much differently.

That being said,  it makes sense to pick up Brate if you own ASJ,  mostly because of the injury concerns...   or maybe to try and rip off a panicking ASJ owner!   laughing

I agree. This whole story is much ado about nothing, I think. He is young and does stupid things. Just a slow news day in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Situation seems real...ASJ better get his shit together, and quick.

Quote :
Coach Dirk Koetter lumped Austin Seferian-Jenkins into the category of players "fighting for a job."
"Austin's trying to get better every day," Koetter said. "Austin's working at it and that's all he can do right now. He's just got to work. That's all anybody that's fighting for a job can do. The guys that are playing the best are going to play. Catching up for some guys is knowing what they're doing. Catching up for other guys is you've got to play better, and he falls into that category." Koetter has been all over Seferian-Jenkins since taking over as coach, and he revealed Wednesday that Cameron Brate has bypassed ASJ atop the depth chart. It's fair to wonder if ASJ could be had via trade.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:17 pm

I can only hope he goes elsewhere

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:03 am

(Rotoworld) The Sporting News' Roy Cummings reports Austin Seferian-Jenkins "is flashing" during team drills.
Analysis: Cummings admits Seferian-Jenkins still looks like he is going through the motions during individual drills, but he has been "coming on" as of late during team work. To his point, several beat writers have made note of the spectacular plays ASJ has made over the last several days. Competing with Cameron Brate for the starting job, Seferian-Jenkins will need to shine throughout camp and the preseason.

Get this guy while you can! (Dont bother sending me any offers he is staying on my roster, He is my #1 TE evaaaaa!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:17 am

So much talent going to waste

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:19 am

Sounds like ASJ has definitely rubbed Koetter the wrong way and his benching may be personal to some degree, I get it, we are all human and this kind of thing happens... But the fact remains that ASJ is supremely talented and Cameron Brate is just a guy, the talent gap is astounding... as we get closer to the season I would expect that the desire to win and the desire to keep his new job will eventually bring Koetter around and ASJ will assume his rightful place as the starting TE (at least until he gets injured again)...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:00 am

Quote :
The Tampa Bay Times' Greg Auman reports Austin Seferian-Jenkins worked with the second-team offense at Monday's practice. Analysis: Auman thinks ASJ will play "plenty" in the Week 1 opener, but said he believes Cameron Brate and Luke Stocker are ahead of him on the depth chart as the "starters." Stocker is probably more of an H-back/lead-blocker type with no true fullback on the roster. Seferian-Jenkins played deep into the preseason finale, suggesting he's still in coach Dirk Koetter's doghouse.

Definitely rubbed him the wrong way Laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:56 am

Wow that is brutal.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:45 am

Quote :
Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested and charged with DUI Friday morning.

Seferian-Jenkins was stopped by Florida Highway Patrol around 4 AM and booked at the Orient Road Jail around 6 AM. It's his second DUI after being busted for one in 2013 while he was still in college. ASJ had an offseason full of letdowns, from being kicked out of practice in the spring to losing his starting job to Cameron Brate. This could be the final straw for him in Tampa Bay.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:48 am

What a waste

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 am

ASJ......

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am

On a purely football level, I'm more concerned with him being out at 4 am than anything else.  I'm only up at 4 am to change diapers these days.  But when I was younger I don't remember much happening at 4 am that wouldn't get you in trouble.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
On a purely football level, I'm more concerned with him being out at 4 am than anything else.  I'm only up at 4 am to change diapers these days.  But when I was younger I don't remember much happening at 4 am that wouldn't get you in trouble.

Yep, I fear he is one of those guys that just doesn't get what he has in front of him. Unfortunate.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:17 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I'm up at 4 am all the time...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Dealing with the trouble laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Exactly.  Because dumb asses keep setting stuff on fire at that time.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Quote :
Buccaneers waive Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Whew, I almost gave up a lot to Sty in the offseason for him. Dodged a bullet.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm

I would be surprised if he clears waivers, hope he goes to a team with a coach who doesn't have it out for him... As for the Bucs going with Brate... ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:33 pm

He was just cut in one of my leagues.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:47 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/23/austin-seferian-footage-dui-dash-cam-footage/

It looks like he was going to get off with just a warning but kept running his mouth and they figured out he was drunk.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:52 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

It's like, it doesn't matter how many times they see other guys ruin their careers over it, they never learn.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:26 pm

My tweet to ASJ

Yes I am bitter, I have him in over 80% of my leagues and really had faith in him. I agree with Chris that Brate is not great.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:34 pm

My tweet to ASJ

Yes I am bitter, I have him in over 80% of my leagues and really had faith in him. I agree with Chris that Brate is not great.

Right On!  Was that really his tweet up above? "Next Chapter".   Doesn't sound like he was too bothered about things.  Damn!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Easy come easy go for some I guess....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
My tweet to ASJ

Right On!  Was that really his tweet up above? "Next Chapter".   Doesn't sound like he was too bothered about things.  Damn!

Ya that was his tweet. I am so tired of these immature millionaire punk asses that dont know how to act like human beings. Its our fault though for paying for the product so it will continue. Go BUCS!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Pulled the trigger on this as soon as I saw it.......

I gave ASJ/2017 2nd

I received Randall Cobb.

I assumed he doesn't have NFL Mobile..............good for me!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Pulled the trigger on this as soon as I saw it.......

I gave ASJ/2017 2nd

I received Randall Cobb.

I assumed he doesn't have NFL Mobile..............good for me!!

Wow impressive!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:07 am

Guy is a douche. no

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ   

Back to top Go down

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE NYJ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next