x

Share | 

Odell Beckham WR NYG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu May 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Makes a lot of sense really. G-Men blame Randle for a lot of Eli's picks last year and Nicks is gone.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm

I think they would have better off going with O-line or D-line

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Jene Bramel ‏@JeneBramel · 18 mins
Not good. RT @RVacchianoNYDN: Uh oh. Reports from training camp suggest Odell Beckham may have re-tweaked his hamstring at practice today.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 pm

What a pussy!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Corey Washington time.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Well,  a little more searching around online suggests that this report of a "re-tweak"  may not actually be the case.    The team has not acknowledged or confirmed a re-injury at this point...   so I guess we need to wait and see...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Quote :
Odell Beckham Jr. did not suffer a setback

Source: Newsday - Tom Rock

New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. (hamstring) did not suffer a setback with his hamstring, according to head coach Tom Coughlin. Beckham Jr. has been ruled out for the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 22.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

No matter what they call what happened to Beckham in practice yesterday, he's not close to assuming a large role in the Giants struggling offense. Not exactly a grade A recipe for a late-round sleeper WR, despite Beckham's pedigree as a high pick and fit in the new quick strike offense.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Yeah that catch was unreal

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:51 pm

I have a feeling this won't be the last time we see him make a circus catch. This guy is crazy talented. This has to be a historic rookie receiver class.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:08 pm

How the fuck did he catch that? Honestly if I didn't see his ass high fiving people afterwards I would have swore something "sticky" was going on...

The angle, speed and whatever...just can't fathom how he got a good enough grip to hold that. Know they say he has big hands but forget all that...he had three fingers on it...

Shocked

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am

I doubted this kid. I was very, very wrong.

Honestly can't think of a better catch I've ever seen.

shocking

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 am

I had this guy ranked #3 in my rookie WR rankings,  partly because of his speed but mainly because of his hands...   he is a natural hands catcher and a really good one at that!   but,   I am just dumbfounded at how he has come into the NFL and not just adapted,   but flat out dominated...   he has been borderline uncoverable,  and those hands are just unreal!    Wow!   What a rare combination of speed,  athleticism and hands...   the only negative is he is a little on the small side,  but his leaping ability pretty much makes up for that...   What a good young player he is...      I got him in 5 out of the 8 dynasty leagues I am in  but I wish I would have gotten him in more leagues...   he is the real deal...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:58 am

Thought he might be the best in this class. It was truly amazing, I even rewound it to show my wife.

Right now......this ALREADY is looking like a historic WR class.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 am

Yeah, this years WR class is going to be similar to what the '83 class for QB's was... Almost all of the top 10 receivers from this class have made some sort of impressive impact for a rookie, and even guys like John Brown (who was largely ignored until preseason) are proving they are NFL caliber.

I would have a hard time moving Beckham above Watkins or Evans still, but I don't have any reservation saying that Beckham has the best hands of this class... hell, he probably has the best hands in the entire NFL!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm

On tonight's CBS Broadcast:

"We now know your name Ladell Beckham."

No....no, not so much.

Dumbass

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Best GIF ever

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:20 pm

It seems to me that everyone is falling in love with him way too quickly just because of 1 catch. He will probably be a really good receiver, but I'm willing to bet his new price tag won't live up to expectations. Especially when Cruz comes back.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
It seems to me that everyone is falling in love with him way too quickly just because of 1 catch. He will probably be a really good receiver, but I'm willing to bet his new price tag won't live up to expectations. Especially when Cruz comes back.

Cruz will always be a slot receiver. It's just what he is. A really good slot guy. He will be much better for having Beckham on the outside.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I am not with the crowd here. Kid is good no doubt but his value is way over his head.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:56 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I am not with the crowd here.  Kid is good no doubt but his value is way over his head.

I think right now his value is too high.. But, wow is he good. Seems to me that he is better in the pros than he was at LSU.

The '14 WR draft class was pretty damn good.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:17 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I am not with the crowd here.  Kid is good no doubt but his value is way over his head.

I think right now his value is too high.. But, wow is he good.   Seems to me that he is better in the pros than he was at LSU.

My guess is there will be no definitive answer even in the end. Whether it be his skills, his coach, his QB, future injuries and who knows what else, I am sure it will be like just about every other player where some will think one thing and some will think the other.

These guys aren't impressed.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11946184&ex_cid=sportscenterFB

My gut tells me at least for the foreseeable future that he will be a frustrating inconsistent fantasy player. Sure he is NFL good but so are most the players in the NFL.

Nothing against him so hopefully he rises up beyond my expectations for him.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 am

To me, anyone who says he is way overvalued and thinks it is due to that one ridiculous catch he made just hasn't been watching the games or paying attention. As a rookie Beckham is one of the fastest WR in the NFL, he also has arguably the best set of hands in the NFL. But its not just about being fast, he is one of the most precise route runners as well, and his exceptional body control helps him gain separation and get open on a consistent basis.

Anybody with doubts about his value should go back and watch the game against the Seahawks, he had 7 grabs for 108 yds with 0 TDs... not earthshattering numbers, but he did most of it against Richard Sherman, arguably the best corner in the NFL... He got open on a regular basis against him and even had him turning around and overcommitting on certain plays which is a sign of a corner who is concerned about covering a guy, and that is something you almost never see from Sherman... Even on plays where he was not targeted he was gaining separation and getting open. To me, those type of things are why I value him so highly, its not just because he made one circus catch that the whole world took notice of... This guy is the real deal and is going to be a star in the NFL for quite some time... He is only 22 after all!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

I think right now his value is too high.. But, wow is he good.   Seems to me that he is better in the pros than he was at LSU.

My guess is there will be no definitive answer even in the end.  Whether it be his skills, his coach, his QB, future injuries and who knows what else, I am sure it will be like just about every other player where some will think one thing and some will think the other.

These guys aren't impressed.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11946184&ex_cid=sportscenterFB

My gut tells me at least for the foreseeable future that he will be a frustrating inconsistent fantasy player.  Sure he is NFL good but so are most the players in the NFL.

Nothing against him so hopefully he rises up beyond my expectations for him.

There are so many things wrong with that silly little video,  besides the fact that the guy talking is a total tool bag....    Their little recreation was a much shorter (and softer) throw,   they were in shorts and t-shirts not full game gear,    there was no defender mugging the guy receiving and they probably shot about a hundred takes to get that right.    And he had the audacity to say that he has "something even better for ya"!     Even if you overlook all the stuff I mention above,    watch that catch closely and compare it to Beckham's...   it is still nowhere near as good,   not even close really...   get some

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 am

haha, I agree with ya about the video Chris and what they did was nowhere near what Beckham did obviously but while it seemed super-human to most of us, I think there are plenty of NFL players that can make catches of that caliber but it's an extremely rare moment when things go right and it happens. I do think the gloves they use help quite a bit. Not trying to take the catch away from him..it was unbelievable!!!

As far as the value comment...his NFL value is totally fine and you laid out a great case for it. I was only speaking to his fantasy value. He is not the next "whatever" in fantasy IMO because any awesomeness he brings to the table as a player (and I haven't seen as much of him as you) has to contend with his shaky QB play, his stubborn coaching staff's decision making and whatever else.

I think he will frustrate fantasy owners a bit is all.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

haha, I agree with ya about the video Chris and what they did was nowhere near what Beckham did obviously but while it seemed super-human to most of us, I think there are plenty of NFL players that can make catches of that caliber but it's an extremely rare moment when things go right and it happens.  I do think the gloves they use help quite a bit.  Not trying to take the catch away from him..it was unbelievable!!!

As far as the value comment...his NFL value is totally fine and you laid out a great case for it.  I was only speaking to his fantasy value.  He is not the next "whatever" in fantasy IMO because any awesomeness he brings to the table as a player (and I haven't seen as much of him as you) has to contend with his shaky QB play, his stubborn coaching staff's decision making and whatever else.  

I think he will frustrate fantasy owners a bit is all.

As for fantasy value, I can see where you are coming from, because even players who are hot garbage all of the sudden can become overvalued when they are traded to the Patriots! It just goes with the territory in fantasy football, especially dynasty leagues!

Long term, there is a lot that could happen and as I mentioned he is only 22... but I am not sure where the comments about being inconsistent or frustrating are coming from... With his injury he missed all of training camp and the first 4 games of the season, but all he has done since getting in the lineup and playing the last 8 games is put up 48 catches (6 per game avg) for 699 yds (87.4 per game avg) and 5 TDs for an average of 19.45 fantasy points per game in RW. I don't think he has been inconsistent or frustrating at all, which is amazing considering the circumstances...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:43 pm

I am projecting....things that are new work in the NFL. Due to Coughlin, Manning and whatever other forces I am saying that I could see him going the way of every other Giants receiver in recent history.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I am projecting....things that are new work in the NFL.  Due to Coughlin, Manning and whatever other forces I am saying that I could see him going the way of every other Giants receiver in recent history.

If everything that was new in the NFL worked, then every rookie WR would come into the league and dominate right away (at least for a while).... That isn't how it works though, especially not for WR's.

As for recent Giants WR, Cruz has been pretty consistent when he isn't dinged up... maybe you are referring to Nicks and Randle, well I don't think Randle is inconsistent, I think he has proven to be pretty average all along... Nicks had a couple of good years before injuries starting affecting him and I think he is a shell of whatever he could have been before all that... Although I always thought Nicks was a bit overhyped.

Now to be clear, I am not suggesting Beckham is the next Calvin Johnson necessarily, but I think barring injury he will continue to grow into a pretty consistent low end WR1/ high end WR2 for fantasy... mainly because he has the speed and route running ability to always get open, just like we saw against Sherman, it makes him almost matchup proof to an extent.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:50 pm

I feel like I remember folks getting burned by Cruz in the past...the Giants are a flaky team all around. Sorry if I made it sound like everything new works...clearly not the case. What I am saying is that it seems to me that when something new comes along and has some success, the teams 3, 4, 8 games down the line seem to eat shit and get beat by the same thing like they watched film before the season and never bothered to get an update or adjust to what has changed. Felt that way for as long as I can remember. Then the next year, suddenly IT gets stopped which backs up my theory that they only study in the offseason.

Obviously, it's a blanket statement that cannot be true. Just how it feels. I just don't see teams adjusting enough for circumstances.

Because I feel that way, I feel like Beckham will finish this season strong and next year there will be a fall-off as teams have planned for him properly. He is obviously talented but I don't know that he is the type of player who is match-up proof.

You speak very highly of him and I will take your word for it because I probably haven't seen half the amount of tape on him that you have. We'll see how it goes.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Play Makers gave up Beckham, Odell NYG WR
Lunatics, INC. gave up Bennett, Martellus CHI TE
Sat Oct 18 6:27:53 p.m. ET 2014

Well, I don't think I paid too high of a price.

FYI, Play Makers is Carolina Jason.

After that trade, I won 5 in a row and got into the Playoffs.

He is very good, the issue will be what will life be like after Eli?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Nice trade Bob.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah that was a steal,  but it sounds like that was 5 or 6 weeks ago before the hype train really got rolling...   He would certainly cost more than that right now...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:29 am

Live after Eli might be better. Eli has really struggled the last two years.
Cruz coming back should help too. Randle just isn't that good.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:19 pm

I could really use one of the NYG WRs for my team right now... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Yeah that was a steal,  but it sounds like that was 5 or 6 weeks ago before the hype train really got rolling...   He would certainly cost more than that right now...

Oh it was, I would LOVE to say I'm just a genius.

I also have Vernon/ASJ/Walker at TE in a start 1-2. I have Evans, drafted him. I really loved Beckham though, so easy enough to trade Bennett for him, even if Bennett was my best TE.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

I also have Vernon/ASJ/Walker at TE in a start 1-2. I have Evans, drafted him. I really loved Beckham though, so easy enough to trade Bennett for him, even if Bennett was my best TE.

I liked the trade for you as well. Beckham will probably take a step back next year, kinda like Keenan Allen, but should be better overall than Bennett.......Because who knows what the hell is going to happen in Chicago next year confused
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

I liked the trade for you as well.  Beckham will probably take a step back next year, kinda like Keenan Allen, but should be better overall than Bennett.......Because who knows what the hell is going to happen in Chicago next year confused
Curious what the reasoning behind thinking Beckham will take a step back next year would be?    Seems like a hollow blanket statement to me...

Also,  Keenan Allen hasn't really taken a step back (and the season isn't over).   He has less touchdown right now,   but he already has more catches than last year and should surpass the yardage totals...

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah barring any coaching or qb changes i would hope that the offense only gets better with a year of familiarity and [hopefully] improvements to the front line for time to throw

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

I liked the trade for you as well.  Beckham will probably take a step back next year, kinda like Keenan Allen, but should be better overall than Bennett.......Because who knows what the hell is going to happen in Chicago next year confused
Curious what the reasoning behind thinking Beckham will take a step back next year would be?    Seems like a hollow blanket statement to me...

Also,  Keenan Allen hasn't really taken a step back (and the season isn't over).   He has less touchdown right now,   but he already has more catches than last year and should surpass the yardage totals...

I just think most WR'S take a step back their sophomore year, but with what he is showcasing I am starting to believe he is going to continue where he left off. It's just with Cruz coming back, I just wonder how much he will cut into Beckham's productivity? I guess only time will tell
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

I just think most WR'S take a step back their sophomore year, but with what he is showcasing I am starting to believe he is going to continue where he left off.  It's just with Cruz coming back, I just wonder how much he will cut into Beckham's productivity?  I guess only time will tell
Fair enough,    I don't necessarily subscribe to the whole sophmore slump thing,  it is too hit or miss for me to just apply it to all sophmores...    As for Beckham specifically,   he passes all the tests that I scrutinize a WR for and I think he is the real deal,   I think he will continue to get better...   and actually I think having a strong slot receiver like Cruz back in the lineup,   will actually help Beckham,   not hurt him,   it will keep teams from double teaming or putting too much pressure on him.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Odell Beckham, Jr. is the first rookie in NFL history to record at least 90 receiving yards in six consecutive games. Beckham has 723 receiving yards in his past six games and joined Bill Groman (1960) as the only rookies in NFL history with at least 700 receiving yards in a six-game span.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Hopkins is a sophomore with a fucking shitty QB and he's doing just fine.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Odell Beckham, Jr. is the first rookie in NFL history to record at least 90 receiving yards in six consecutive games. Beckham has 723 receiving yards in his past six games and joined Bill Groman (1960) as the only rookies in NFL history with at least 700 receiving yards in a six-game span.

Ok, maybe I was wrong. Maybe this guy is going to be really good. I mean with the hands he posesses, how can he not catch 100+ balls a year for 1500 yards
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:06 pm

12 catches for 143 yards and 3 TD today...   another dominant performance...

Beckham ranks #12 overall at WR despite missing the first 4 weeks entirely...    If you look just at average fantasy points per game played he is #2 (right behind A. Brown)  with 23.2 fantasy points per game!  That is impressive for any receiver,  let alone a rookie!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 pm

You're right Chris. It is very impressive. He is very talented and he is getting a very high amount of targets which is awesome...love using him in DFS.

Long term, I still have questions though. The Giants are flaky. Defenses will be better prepared for him after this season. Will he still be THIS dominant? Will he resemble Victor Cruz and be up and down?

Certainly looking good for him...wish I owned him that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 am

I agree he is playing lights out, but I too have questions about him long term.

Like what if a new coach comes in, will that cause his value to drop?  What happens when Cruz comes back? 

But I agree as well, I would have loved to have this guy on my team.  He is putting up some sick fantasy points these last few weeks

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 am

Victor Cruz has not really been up and down, he had injuries the last two seasons which have hurt his productions obviously but the first two seasons he put up 82 and 86 catches for 1536 and 1092 yards with 9 and 10 TD's respectively. He was pretty damn consistent unless you are comparing him to Calvin Johnson or something. Injuries are unfortunate and they will derail anyone...

Anyhow, back to Beckham, obviously we would all agree he is not going to put up 40 pts a week, or even always meet his average of 20+ pts per week, but I don't see any reason to question his value long term, I would not guarantee he is going to be a high end WR1 from here on out, but that possibility is there... And I am not sure what Andy means by defenses will be better prepared for him next season? It's not like he is a gimmick scheme like the wildcat or something! He is just fast, quick and a superb route runner who is very difficult for even the best NFL corners to cover... That is why he is successful right now, not because teams aren't prepared for him! There is plenty of film of him available to opponents by this time and it's not like anyone else in the Giants passing game scares you... Right now, defenses are attempting to double cover him some of the time but they won't be able to do that when Victor Cruz is back healthy and they still have an emerging TE like Larry Donnell. I think if anything getting Cruz back in the mix could make Beckham even more potent, he may or may not lose some targets with Cruz back in the mix but I don't think he suddenly become an afterthought, if anything I think Cruz will probably see slightly fewer targets and the #3 and #4 receivers will be impacted the most...

If you haven't watched a game of his yet, I recommend you do so... not just catch the highlights or look at the stats, go to GameRewind or something like that and watch a game and pay attention to how he plays, the routes he runs and how hard he is to cover... maybe that would help alleviate your concerns about his future. Not like it matters much if you don't already own him though, his price tag is very high and it may not be coming back down for quite some time!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:05 pm

I 100% agree with you Chris, but also feel you left something out.

He also has some of the best hands I have seen in a while. he makes hard catches appear fairly easy, because he just doesn't drop anything. Not even referencing his "circus" catch. He has also made a ton of other tough catches.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
I 100% agree with you Chris, but also feel you left something out.

He also has some of the best hands I have seen in a while. he makes hard catches appear fairly easy, because he just doesn't drop anything. Not even referencing his "circus" catch. He has also made a ton of other tough catches.

Bob, scroll back through my earlier posts... I am on record as saying I think he has the best hands in the NFL, even right now as a rookie... This guy is the real deal...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:14 am

Victor Cruz has not really been up and down,  he had injuries the last two seasons which have hurt his productions obviously but the first two seasons he put up 82 and 86 catches for 1536 and 1092 yards with 9 and 10 TD's respectively.    He was pretty damn consistent unless you are comparing him to Calvin Johnson or something.    Injuries are unfortunate and they will derail anyone...

Anyhow,  back to Beckham,   obviously we would all agree he is not going to put up 40 pts a week,  or even always meet his average of 20+ pts per week,   but I don't see any reason to question his value long term,   I would  not guarantee he is going to be a high end WR1 from here on out,  but that possibility is there...    And I am not sure what Andy means by defenses will be better prepared for him next season?  It's not like he is a gimmick scheme like the wildcat or something!  He is just fast,  quick and a superb route runner who is very difficult for even the best NFL corners to cover...  That is why he is successful right now,  not because teams aren't prepared for him!   There is plenty of film of him available to opponents by this time and it's not like anyone else in the Giants passing game scares you...   Right now,  defenses are attempting to double cover him some of the time but they won't be able to do that when Victor Cruz is back healthy and they still have an emerging TE like Larry Donnell.    I think if anything getting Cruz back in the mix could make Beckham even more potent,   he may or may not lose some targets with Cruz back in the mix but I don't think he suddenly become an afterthought,   if anything I think Cruz will probably see slightly fewer targets and the #3 and #4 receivers will be impacted the most...  

If you haven't watched a game of his yet,  I recommend you do so...  not just catch the highlights or look at the stats,   go to GameRewind or something like that and watch a game and pay attention to how he plays,  the routes he runs and how hard he is to cover...  maybe that would help alleviate your concerns about his future.   Not like it matters much if you don't already own him though,    his price tag is very high and it may not be coming back down for quite some time!

The same reason guys like Tebow, Kaepernick and whoever else come out, enjoy a successful season and then chug cock after that. I know there is film on these guys but NFL coaches are generally stubborn cunts if you ask me. I know you say he is good and he is good, but if everyone was all over "the tapes" then why have so many put candyass coverage on him? He is elite if they are gonna continue going 1 on 1 with him...it's an automatic throw from Eli every time. By now a coach should have forced the inconsistent Giants to use their other players but Beckham continues to see 1 on 1 coverage.

Next year, watch that change. Again....Eli. Again...Coughlin. I am honestly more with you than against you but every year people say this or that about various players and I am usually the guy saying pump the brakes...just last year I was told many "big things" about Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron that got a response similar to this one from me.

As for injuries, yes they can derail anyone and who the fuck knows when they are gonna happen....but I also don't really think they are an excuse. A player either delivers or he doesn't...the reason means only a little to me...whether it's lack of talent, lack of supporting cast, lack of brain cells on the coaching staff or a compilation of some or all of them, when it comes to fantasy football I need points, not excuses. I am a big Dwayne Allen fan. He has been hurt and he plays for a team that thinks Coby Fleener is worth playing even when Allen is healthy...so his situation and health are dragging him down badly IMO.

Bottom line: I am with you on the player but I think the situation he is in (team, coach, QB, whatever) will negatively impact more than you are envisioning. I hope I am wrong and you are right though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odell Beckham WR NYG   

Back to top Go down

Odell Beckham WR NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: