Everyone loses!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 pm

think he could have gone to worse places

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 pm

I think this is a good landing spot... he is the clear #1 right out of the gate, should be a nice duo with Woods and he has a good young QB... Johnson is on the way out which I was expecting and M. Williams was never anything more than a depth player....

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 6:22 am

I didn't really like this landing spot either and if I was a Bills fan, I think it's quite a bit to give up for him. I bet that '15 first is Top 10.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 6:26 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I didn't really like this landing spot either and if I was a Bills fan, I think it's quite a bit to give up for him.  I bet that '15 first is Top 10.

Concur x1000

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 6:46 am

Oh yeah, I don't know what the fuck the Bills were thinking giving up that pick to move up four spots.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 am

Last I saw Josh Gordon did pretty damn well with no QB throwing to him in a division full of defensive teams. People are waaaay overrating the impact QB's have on elite WR's. People said the same thing about AJ Green with Dalton and look how that turned out.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 9:45 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Last I saw Josh Gordon did pretty damn well with no QB throwing to him in a division full of defensive teams.  People are waaaay overrating the impact QB's have on elite WR's.  People said the same thing about AJ Green with Dalton and look how that turned out.

EJ Manuel is far better than Weeden and Campbell who were throwing to Gordon last season. I like Manuel actually, he was injured and didn't light it up last season, so what? You don't give up on a guy after one season, especially not a first round pick. It is very short sighted to judge this landing spot based on the QB, its just silly... does it not matter to anyone that he instantly becomes the #1 target on this team and should get tons of targets!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 am

I can't believe how fast people have written off Manuel. I thought he looked good but he got hurt. If he is healthy, with the weapons they have in Buffalo I won't be surprised one bit if they are the team that "comes out of nowhere" in 2014. It wouldn't take that much actually.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 9:55 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I can't believe how fast people have written off Manuel.  I thought he looked good but he got hurt.  If he is healthy, with the weapons they have in Buffalo I won't be surprised one bit if they are the team that "comes out of nowhere" in 2014.  It wouldn't take that much actually.

The defense is already playoff caliber, they are trying to give Manuel some weapons that he didn't have last year. This is not a bad team, and their opponents shouldn't sleep on them... They should be competitive this year, I agree.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am

I can't believe how fast people have written off Manuel.  I thought he looked good but he got hurt.  If he is healthy, with the weapons they have in Buffalo I won't be surprised one bit if they are the team that "comes out of nowhere" in 2014.  It wouldn't take that much actually.

I'm not writing off Manuel I just don't think he can make multiple people fantasy relevant. Gordon thrived in Cleveland by being the only real option outside of TE. They had no other WR. Between Watkins/Stevie/Woods/Graham/Chandler I just don't think there are enough targets. Plus this is a run first team. They've still got the immortal Fred Jackson and Spiller (whom catches a few balls himself.)

Same thing with AJ Green in Cincy. They had nobody else BUT Green for Dalton to throw to.

Maybe I'll be wrong but I think it'll take awhile to see anything from Watkins. shrug

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 am

Stevie won't be in Buffalo much longer, he may even get traded before the draft is over... Watkins is the clear cut #1 in Buffalo, you really think any of those other guys will really keep Sammy from getting his targets?

Last year you were hot and heavy for Hopkins who went to the Texans to play second fiddle to A. Johson and O. Daniels, a far worse situation than Watkins' as far as opportunity goes...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 10:53 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Stevie won't be in Buffalo much longer,  he may even get traded before the draft is over...   Watkins is the clear cut #1 in Buffalo,   you really think any of those other guys will really keep Sammy from getting his targets?  

Last year you were hot and heavy for Hopkins who went to the Texans to play second fiddle to A. Johson and  O. Daniels,  a far worse situation than Watkins' as far as opportunity goes...  

Still hot and heavy on Laughing Totally different scenario too.

Nobody predicted the Schaub meltdown.

AJ was to draw double coverage leaving Hopkins to tear it up. Daniels went down and Schaub imploded and, well, we all know what happened.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 am

Nobody predicted the Schaub meltdown, but that wasn't really the point, the point is that putting too much stock into the situation that could just as easily go bad should not be a deciding factor on drafting players. Hopkins is a fine player, he has a relatively high floor, but he is not an elite talent with the upside of a Watkins. Talent should trump the landing spot every day of the week. I still think Watkins situation is actually pretty good, but the main thing that matters is his talent level as the top WR in this class... Talent almost always wins out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 11:23 am

Nobody predicted the Schaub meltdown,  but that wasn't really the point,   the point is that putting too much stock into the situation that  could just as easily go bad should not be a deciding factor on drafting players.   Hopkins is a fine player,   he has a relatively high floor,  but he is not an elite talent  with the upside of a Watkins.   Talent should trump the landing spot every day of the week.   I still think Watkins situation is actually pretty good,   but the main thing that matters is his talent level as the top WR in this class...   Talent almost always wins out.

Never argued landing spot over talent. Just that I don't like the landing spot. I'd still take Watkins over Cook any day of the week.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Nobody predicted the Schaub meltdown,  but that wasn't really the point,   the point is that putting too much stock into the situation that  could just as easily go bad should not be a deciding factor on drafting players.   Hopkins is a fine player,   he has a relatively high floor,  but he is not an elite talent  with the upside of a Watkins.   Talent should trump the landing spot every day of the week.   I still think Watkins situation is actually pretty good,   but the main thing that matters is his talent level as the top WR in this class...   Talent almost always wins out.

Never argued landing spot over talent.  Just that I don't like the landing spot.  I'd still take Watkins over Cook any day of the week.

dizzy   confused 

You aren't arguing the landing spot over talent but you don't like the landing spot?

Are you drunk or something? Laughing

2 days ago you would agree that Watkins was the best WR prospect since Green/Julio. Now you are arguing that you don't like him as much because of his landing spot but you aren't saying that a landing spot trumps talent?

I think I need a drink.  scratch 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 1:22 pm

I think i get where he is coming from... he isn't arguing not to take Watkins first, just commenting on the fact that he doesn't think think the landing spot is great...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri May 09, 2014 2:39 pm

I think i get where he is coming from...   he isn't arguing not to take Watkins first,   just commenting on the fact that he doesn't think think the landing spot is great...  

Exactly. Not sure why it was hard to follow Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 pm

All of the top 5 teams would have been sucky spots to land. And unfortunately Watkins didn't get bailed out by one of the good QB teams in the 6-10 range.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

I still don't see Watkins landing spot as a negative.    I think EJ Manuel is going to develop into a good QB,   he was playing well and coming along last year before the injuries set him back...   They have a decent OL and RB's and now Manuel has a stud #1 WR in Watkins to go along with Robert Woods,  Mike Williams and speedsters TJ Graham and Marquise Goodwin.    This is going to be an up and coming offense this year...   Watkins is the unquestioned #1 WR for Buffalo,  how is that a bad landing spot?   I don't think another WR in this draft landed in anything better than the possible #2 role...

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Quote :
Sammy Watkins recovering from offseason hip surgery

Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Sammy Watkins had some offseason work done.

The Bills' star wide receiver underwent hip surgery some time before the Super Bowl, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. The operation served to correct an injury the fourth-overall selection sustained in a late-season contest against the Browns.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:50 pm

I always love when secret surgeries happen.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Quote :

Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer

The Bills' star wide receiver underwent hip surgery some time before the Super Bowl, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. The operation served to correct an injury the fourth-overall selection sustained in a late-season contest against the Browns.

His career is shot. It is all downhill from here. What a shame. If owners are willing to unload this has been, I guess I will force myself to take him off your hands.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:32 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Quote :

Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer

His career is shot. It is all downhill from here. What a shame. If owners are willing to unload this has been, I guess I will force myself to take him off your hands.

Totally agree, it is the beginning of the end... if the DD owner is desperate to move on, I would be willing to take on the enormous risk that his career has become, lets talk... laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Dennis Pitta said "a hip injury is no big deal."

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:20 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Dennis Pitta said "a hip injury is no big deal."

Pitta???? nono

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:35 am

Anyone else find the whole Athlete getting into a Twitter/instagram/Social Media war with fans completely insane.

Has it ever worked out for an athlete. no

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 am

Starting to lose faith in Sammy. I bought him in alot of leagues but he can't stay on the field and can't keep his mouth shut off the field

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:35 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Anyone else find the whole Athlete getting into a Twitter/instagram/Social Media war with fans completely insane.  

Has it ever worked out for an athlete.  no
Is it just me or did he come across as a stereotypical dumb thug, I could barely make sense of his tweet. The irony behind his tweets is that he's the type of player that should be set for life but will probably waste his money and be poor shortly after his career is done.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:50 am

I can't see any of his tweets, says you have to be a twitter user and confirmed follower of his to see his tweets... I don't plan on ever creating a twitter account, I don't have enough time in my life for that kind of nonsense..

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Overrated [u]and[\u] dumb and mouthy? I'm sure he'll overcome and live up to the 1st overall hype...hehe

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:41 pm

I can't see any of his tweets,   says you have to be a twitter user and confirmed follower of his to see his tweets...    I don't plan on ever creating a twitter account,   I don't have enough time in my life for that kind of nonsense..
I don't have a Twitter account but have you heard of ESPN, pretty sure I read them on there. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:09 pm

No, I don't go to ESPN websites for anything... ever... not going to start now...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 pm

Hey Chris, check THIS out.

lol3

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:50 pm

NO... I'm really sure you just linked to that espy site of shit. I hate espn.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Overrated [u]and[\u] dumb and mouthy?  I'm sure he'll overcome and live up to the 1st overall hype...hehe

How is he doing compared to Carey????

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Overrated [u]and[\u] dumb and mouthy?  I'm sure he'll overcome and live up to the 1st overall hype...hehe

How is he doing compared to Carey????

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Fair point on one hand but not really fair either. I mean I traded away the 1.01 (Watkins) because I wanted Martavis and I got him. As for Carey, and believe me while I still believe in him as a player, the regret lies in the order I took players and Watkins has nothing to do with that...I went Carey and intended to take CJ Mosley next..but fuckin Ian took Mosley and I have never forgotten it since...and Ian has made Mosley unattainable since too so I will just take that mistake to my grave I guess.

Back to Watkins though, I am having that last laugh because Watkins + quite a bit wouldn't be enough to get Martavis from me so in that respect I was spot the fuck on!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:17 pm

Unitl Bryant gets caught lighting up again and misses 8 games or an entire season and becomes the next Josh Gordon... Thats my big concern in the leagues I have Bryant in, but of course I only spent late 2nd or 3rd rd. picks on Bryant so I wouldn't be losing as much... As a matter of fact in a couple of leagues where I got Bryant, I took Mike Evans or Odell Beckham near the middle of the first and was still able to get Bryant in the 3rd. It has been really nice having both of those players rather than one or the other...

But as far as Watkins is concerned, I am disappointed mostly that he is proving to be so injury prone to this point, and his QB situation is still subpar, but his talent is still unquestionable as far as I am concerned, he has flashed many times when healthy so he is far from a bust... he is still a hold for me. Of course, the only league I got him in I had a buch of picks from trades, so I spent the 1.01 on Watkins, the 1.04 on Evans and still got Bryant at the end of the 2nd to go along with Keenan Allen from the year before, so I can afford to wait on Watkins since I hit on all these other young WRs.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 am

But as far as Watkins is concerned,   I am disappointed mostly that he is proving to be so injury prone to this point,  .

Probably hanging out too much with Percy Harvin.........injury contagiousness and amount of lipping off is increasing.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:26 am

All I care about is that he is screwing me in a couple leagues. So much talent, and he is handicapped by his QB situation, but dude needs to get on the field, shut up, and make plays for his next contract.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:52 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
All I care about is that he is screwing me in a couple leagues. So much talent, and he is handicapped by his QB situation, but dude needs to get on the field, shut up, and make plays for his next contract.

I think a bigger case could be made right now that his QBs are handicapped by him. Not really saying he is a bad player but I think this is what he is...and he'll be one of the first examples used when talking about players who were great in college that just don't translate into the NFL. With the right situation he could still do great but I don't think he is a great WR in the traditional sense therefore he needs a team that can cater to him and make it successful and THAT is the kind of player I would rather avoid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Well, Watkins had 93% of the Bills receiving yards. Dude went 8/168/1. Guess Tyrod can get him the ball.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Sell now while he is healthy. tongue

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Sell now while he is healthy. tongue

laughing

5 day window. MOVE!!!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Sorry, window was 5 minutes, not 5 days...

Sammy Watkins (ankle) practiced on Monday, but had a "noticeable" limp.

It appears Watkins will suit up for Thursday's game against the Jets, but he could be at far less than 100 percent. Watkins has often struggled when not at full health. The No. 4 overall pick of last year's draft is always hurt. Dealing with Darrelle Revis and company, Watkins will be more of a WR4 than WR3 if he suits up.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Sorry, window was 5 minutes, not 5 days...

Sammy Watkins (ankle) practiced on Monday, but had a "noticeable" limp.

It appears Watkins will suit up for Thursday's game against the Jets, but he could be at far less than 100 percent. Watkins has often struggled when not at full health. The No. 4 overall pick of last year's draft is always hurt. Dealing with Darrelle Revis and company, Watkins will be more of a WR4 than WR3 if he suits up.

Ehhhh, that's fine! Let me bask in my glory of having him and having a big week!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Overrated. At some point doesn't his whiny ass need to deliver in order for his fan club to keep loyal? He has two settings...hurt and ineffective.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Yeah he has Ben non existent. Tyrod is just terrible though. Sheesh.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Poor game for TT for sure but Woods and Hogan manage better than Mr. Overrated tonight and most weeks. #NoMoreExcusesForSammy

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Poor game for TT for sure but Woods and Hogan manage better than Mr. Overrated tonight and most weeks. #NoMoreExcusesForSammy

#donthashtagoutsideoftwitter laughing

I'm assuming I will get a response like "#shutupyoustupidcunt"

Or

Shut up newbie, or: ass kicking

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Watkins WR LAR   

Back to top Go down

Sammy Watkins WR LAR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum