Go.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm

McCown likes taking chance throws to big WR's --- that's good for Evans

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 am

Probably moving 1.01 needle a little closer to 50/50 with watkins? Maybe even more if somehow carr falls to tb in the 2nd.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 am

Quote :
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans (groin) will reportedly miss two or three weeks with a strained groin.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:50 am

Tampa Tribune wrote:
After Mike Evans (hamstring, questionable) returned to Friday's practice, Bucs coach Lovie Smith observed Evans "looked good" running during the session.
Evans himself said he anticipated "no trouble" with his conditioning despite missing the back half of training camp. Although Friday's practice was described as a mere walkthrough, Lovie said Evans "was able to do some things," referring to football activities, and it's a good sign he was able to run, apparently at full speed.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:02 am

This dude is a beast. Play against him in 3 leagues and have him in 2. If he were to sit Jameis would take a big hit. VJax is still alright, but I see Evans as a safety valve.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 am

Sitting him in favour of J. Randle for now. Cant trust hamstring issues, and I'm asleep when the GTD's are announced. Too risky.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to everyone who didn't start him this week trotting this kid out next week only to get double-whammied when he goes back to being non-existent.

To be fair, I had one lineup where I was super close but chose not to and now I get to live with that regret but at least I had him in some DFS action so wasn't totally out in the cold.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:06 pm

lol you benched him this week?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:11 am

New England Nineties wrote:

I played him sparingly in dfs because of the matchup but yeah I left his overrated ass on the bench in one season league and will next week too when he goes back to normal. Just like I did with graham this week.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

I played him sparingly in dfs because of the matchup but yeah I left his overrated ass on the bench in one season league and will next week too when he goes back to normal. Just like I did with graham this week.

Man, it is hard to bench Evans. I honestly can't bench him (Own him in two leagues), because he has so much upside, and can make plays if stupid Winston just chucks it up to him. Jimmy just is not a good fit for Seattle's offense, and they refuse to feed him the ball. (That, or Russell just isn't as good as he gets credit for).

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Evans needs the refs to not see his push offs too....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Evans needs the refs to not see his push offs too....

Haha, I agree. But tons of elite WR's get away with that garbage. Chris Carter was the worst. He would extend his arms and everything and get away with that trash all the time. Made me so angry.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Evans is a stud, if he is healthy and playing he is a must start every single week, period.

He seems to be past his hamstring issue and Winston is settling in and the chemistry is building. Anyone benching Evans is overthinking and they are not doing fantasy football right! laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Evans is a stud,  if he is healthy and playing he is a must start every single week,  period.

He seems to be past his hamstring issue and Winston is settling in and the chemistry is building.  Anyone benching Evans is overthinking and they are not doing fantasy football right!  laughing

Haha. That's funny.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 am

Not sure which part is funny to you... But Evans being a stud is a fact and really isn't up for debate...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:09 pm

I'll debate it. I find your entire previous post funny was all. While Evans will have plenty of great moments he is not a stud the way many others are or have been.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm

I view Evans as a stud as well. Maybe not a top 5 right now stud, but when healthy I will never, EVER bench him.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:49 pm

that makes sense. I think one of the "benefits" of playing in deep leagues, particularly RW, is that anyone with Evan's upside is pretty much a no-brainer start as long as he's healthy. Obviously different in DFS/shallow leagues.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:38 pm

that makes sense. I think one of the "benefits" of playing in deep leagues, particularly RW, is that anyone with Evan's upside is pretty much a no-brainer start as long as he's healthy. Obviously different in DFS/shallow leagues.

That's all I am really saying but I will argue the STUD comment the same way I would've argued a few years back when people were using the word "elite" with the likes of Hakeem Nicks but I know today you'll find nobody that will admit being in that plentiful crowd from back in the day.

Evans has not been around long enough to be declared a stud, hasn't been healthy enough to be called a stud and is on a shit team with an overrated QB and a real need to push off more than the average top WR to get results to be called a stud. He will absolutely have great games and maybe even a lot of them but he surely isn't a stud unless we are gonna broaden the "STUD" name to a lot of player who just aren't shit. He isn't shit...that we can agree on.

He's got two good games this year after 7 weeks...not studly. So you say he wasn't healthy enough before...boohoo...alright well since one big game against a weak defense has everyone thinking it's all good then no excuses going forward, right? I mean he is gonna get double digit targets so there better not be any excuses because a stud doesn't need em. On top of that, he has a pretty soft schedule going forward so to be honest I am not gonna be THAT impressed either way but I guess if he just goes top3 from here on out I may have to reconsider, right? I am not gonna hold my breath but I will eating popcorn

Good luck to him...I have him in one spot so I would appreciate him acting like a stud. What could go wrong? laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:22 pm

I am not going to argue about Evan's talent or him being a stud, I believe it is self evident to almost everyone and as I mentioned there really isn't a debate to be had about whether he should be an every week starter or not, provided he is healthy...

However, I do find it curious how you seem to discount his hamstring injury, and count games he either didn't play in or was still unhealthy for against him as if it were his fault... So what about a guy like Martavis Bryant, we all know you are his biggest fan, do you count the games he missed due to a drug suspension (that actually were his fault) against him? By the same logic one would have to argue that he has only had one good game after six weeks which is certainly not very studly. I am just not following your reasoning, sounds more like you just don't like Evans, if that is the case, wouldn't it be easier to just come out and say as much, I could understand that... its normal I think to dislike certain players if they rub you the wrong way or whatever...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 pm

I am not going to argue about Evan's talent or him being a stud,   I believe it is self evident to almost everyone and as I mentioned  there really isn't a debate to be had about whether he should be an every week starter or not,  provided he is healthy...

However, I do find it curious how you seem to discount his hamstring injury,  and count games he either didn't play in or was still unhealthy for against him as if it were his fault...    So what about a guy like Martavis Bryant,  we all know you are his biggest fan,   do you count the games he missed due to a drug suspension (that actually were his fault) against him?   By the same logic one would have to argue that he has only had one good game after six weeks which is certainly not very studly.  I am just not following your reasoning,  sounds more like you just don't like Evans,  if that is the case, wouldn't it be easier to just come out and say as much,  I could understand that...  its normal I think to dislike certain players if they rub you the wrong way or whatever...

I am Bryants biggest fan. The difference between the two tales is I am not declaring Bryant a undeniable STUD and claiming one is foolish for not auto-starting him.

1. I don't believe any player is an auto-start so when anyone says that shit I will argue the lack of intelligence behind it. Feel free to run that way but that doesn't make it right either.

2. As far as being injured yada yada, at some point guys either deliver or they don't. None of us are doctors and who's to say what is or isn't "healthy enough" or even truly know where these guys are at anyway. What you hear and what you read is just some assholes opinion. Nobody knows!

Where am I at with him....I don't dislike Evans but I don't think he is better than Bryant obviously but Bryant is not part of this discussion. Last year EVERYONE not named me was saying unequivocally that Watkins was the guy but unless some drastic shit changes EVERYONE was fuckin wrong while many can see the Martavis is on a trajectory that could be special but he needs to step up and deliver too...I hope he does. As for Evans, nothing has changed...guy is big and could be a great player BUT while you and most have already locked him in as a STUD, the truth is he is only in his second year and has plenty of gaps in that span where he didn't deliver. Add in that he plays on a team that I would describe as blah, with a blah coach and a blah QB and he's more obvious about his need to push off to win contests for the ball whereas guys I consider STUDS really don't appear to need it....well there ya go. He's good and I would love to have him cuz he would be a great weapon some weeks.

If you want me to sign the petition though that says he is an auto-start regardless of opponent and situation, I don't care how many brothers you have at your side, I don't buy he is at that level. If someone told me they felt like sitting Bryant, while I certainly would disagree I wouldn't act like they are sitting Julio Jones to play Anquan Boldin.

Players win your affection easier than they do with me is all. Evans has the tools but he has a ways to go to be a true STUD. To be honest, there are a bunch of so-so players that if you awarded them the amount of targets that Evans gets (because of his size) they would do close to as good if not better. I don't say that to take away what he has done but show me where the SPECIAL is cuz I am not seeing it yet other than size and there are other big guys in the league.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Mike Evans is the victory points of wide receivers when you think about it...he looks good on the surface but when you get right down to it he's not any better than those before him. lol3

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Well, if you are viewing the term stud to mean top 2 or 3 "elite" at the position, that is not what I am saying, my definition of a stud is more like top 15-20 at a position, a solid #1 or #2 option at the position, for which Evans absolutely fits the bill.

I think that makes him a must start... and of course I am assuming we are talking about minimum 12 team leagues with deep rosters (like RW or similar). When the average team is starting a minimum of 3 WRs on average, how would it be possible to not start Evans every week in that scenario. Unless you have 3 other WR1's on your roster which is not very likely you can't afford to bench a player like Evans who has demonstrated an extremely high upside and a reasonably high floor to this point in his career. Assuming the scenario I just laid out, where you are typically starting 3 WRs, if you have Evans and don't start him, then yes, you are doing fantasy football wrong! You can convince me that he isn't a top 3 WR, I didn't say he was, hell, I don't think he is even top 10 right now, but if you are telling me he isn't a must start WR2 or WR3 for any team in RW or similar leagues, than I think you are crazy!

The only scenario where Evans is a matchup dependent spot starter is in a 6 or 8 team league where everybody has 3+ studs on their roster, or in a league with some crazy starting lineup limitation like no flex players or only being able to start 2 WR or something like that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Well we're closer but using the phrase "must start" is still asinine to me. Dude, I am able to sit Julio Jones if the situation is right. I am not handcuffed to going with the crowd whatsoever. The thing with the "must start" crowd is that they are just willing to take their lumps (as am I) but the difference between us is the difference between poker and blackjack.

Last week, in both of my leagues I benched Jimmy Graham in favor of Larry Donnell. I doubt you would have found many to join me in that endeavor and while the payoff really didn't come from it, the result was that the move was correct. Did I just guess? Did I have no reason? Now at this point, nobody is willing to say JG is a must start but at the same time not many would take the likes of Donnell over him either. I am willing to make my own decisions.

As for Mike Evans last week, again I made a decision and in this case the result was not the one I had hoped for. Washingtons defense really had me wanting to play him. I was already starting Bryant, Jarvis Landry and Rishard Mathews...three players I was comfortable with for sure and was down to a 4th choice....Evans (OUT, 0, 17, 6, 7 BYE) or Travis Benjamin (17, 26, 14, 13, 14 and 20). Now the matchup absolutely was in Evans favor (WAS over STL) but reviewing targets and track records and taking into consideration that Travis hadn't played all cupcake defenses to get his scores I ultimately took him on the field. Five of the previous six weeks that was the right call. I am sure with your doctors degree and faith in his studliness combined with some level of ignorance to his team/coach/QB and the power of hindsight you can say I was fuckin stupid but truthfully, it was a coinflip situation prior to the games last week.

In the end, if we both believe Evans to be healthy then we are very close I am sure in terms of his perceived value but I would never say anyone is a MUST START and Evans certainly isn't the caliber of player to be trotting out that sentiment either. If you play that way, good luck to you but I confidently recommend that you keep your eyes open because there will be times where you could be right to bench him for a player that typically won't get played ahead of him "with the crowd" and it will be the right play. There is no set way to do this...if there were this game would get boring awfully fast the same way that blackjack does in comparison to poker.

Here's a fun thing to consider...I would assume we agree that Travis Benjamin is NOT a stud, right? And he plays for a team that's even shittier than Mike Evans' Bucs. And Benjamin still has a BYE coming up while Evans is behind him. I would say that Benjamin has the harder schedule remaining too with ARI and SEA while Evans has nothing even kinda scary lined up. Right? I would say today that Benjamin has at least a 50% chance of outperforming Evans starting today through the end of the season despite the above...but moreover I know I would not bet cash on Evans if that wager was put to me.......so.......would I be the only one to feel that way or would others strongly consider taking Benjamin's side of that?

Mike Evans is not a "must start" STUD. He is an "I'm probably starting this guy and hoping he doesn't fuck me" good player whose floor is the dirt and ceiling is lofty and depending on the week will be weighed against the likes of Travis Benjamin on the Cleveland Browns.
I rest my case.

PS. I wish more people stuck their flag in the ground on players like you do. It's fun.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:01 pm

I don't think you make a very good case... sorry. I like Landry and Bryant and have no problem with them being in the same general ballpark as Evans, but I don't think Rishard and Benjamin belong in the discussion with Evans, that is the very definition of 'overthinking it' as far as I am concerned. Rishard and Benjamin are both overperforming their actual talent level at the moment, ultimately Rishard will give way to Davante Parker and Benjamin will go back to being the same old below average player he has always been. I think ultimately as things move along and you consider playing guys like that over Evans, you will be disappointed more often than you will 'make the right call'. Evans has shown a ceiling that neither of those other players could ever hope to attain. Proceed at your own risk, as for me I would stick with starting Evans every week...

PS I enjoy the debates as well smile2

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:20 pm

slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  slap  

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 am

I don't think you make a very good case...   sorry.   I like Landry and Bryant and have no problem with them being in the same general ballpark as Evans,   but I don't think Rishard and Benjamin belong in the discussion with Evans,  that is the very definition of 'overthinking it' as far as I am concerned.   Rishard and Benjamin are both overperforming their actual talent level at the moment,  ultimately Rishard will give way to Davante Parker and Benjamin will go back to being the same old below average player he has always been.   I think ultimately as things move along and you consider playing guys like that over Evans,   you will be disappointed more often than you will 'make the right call'.    Evans has shown a ceiling that neither of those other players could ever hope to attain.  Proceed at your own risk,   as for me I would stick with starting Evans every week...

PS   I enjoy the debates as well  smile2

Rishard is better than the crowd thinks he is...been waiting on him for 3 years now. He won't likely get much higher than he is but he is solid. Benjamin will surely fall off at some point (next year) because he is a Brown if nothing else. They never have two good years in that shitbox.

Don't count your Davante Parker coins just yet unless you want to repeat this conversation with different names. Overrated.

Hopefully I remember to come back at seasons end and make fun of your Evans love when he's let you down numerous times but the excuses will surely be plentiful.

You know...what makes Evans NOT A STUD is that he needs too much from his surroundings while a really good player can make hay when the sun is gone...or whatever that saying is....like DeAndre Hopkins. Now there is a stud (in the making)...he keeps doing his thing and guys like Mike Evans are gonna hope to one day get his autograph.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:48 am

I dont care if Evans is elite or not. The KCG just need him to score 20 points every week while you guys sort this out lol

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 am

I dont think Evans has been healthy---that has been most of the issue, but we did have an Evans sighting last week so maybe this is good news.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Quote :
Mike Evans said it is "fair" to say he suffered a sophomore slump.

Evans caught just 50 percent of his targets and three touchdowns as a sophomore after posting a 55.7 percent catch rate and 12 scores as a rookie. "I've got to get back to my fundamentals," Evans said before talking about his efforts to build rapport with Jameis Winston this offseason. Winston and Evans did not appear to be on the same page for much of last season, but coach Dirk Koetter hinted Evans' work ethic was partially to blame for his struggles. With Winston likely to improve after a full offseason in the system, Evans is poised for a bounce-back campaign.

He is ready to dominate.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Mike Evans said it is "fair" to say he suffered a sophomore slump.

Evans caught just 50 percent of his targets and three touchdowns as a sophomore after posting a 55.7 percent catch rate and 12 scores as a rookie. "I've got to get back to my fundamentals," Evans said before talking about his efforts to build rapport with Jameis Winston this offseason. Winston and Evans did not appear to be on the same page for much of last season, but coach Dirk Koetter hinted Evans' work ethic was partially to blame for his struggles. With Winston likely to improve after a full offseason in the system, Evans is poised for a bounce-back campaign.

He is ready to dominate.
He makes plenty of excuses for shitty play. Lets see if he takes his job seriously this year. I hope so.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:47 pm

How is 74 catches for 1206 yds considered shitty play?!  stars

Granted,  he dropped more passes than he should have and he only hauled in the 3 TDs...   and alot of that is on him and it sounds like he is owning up to that and getting back to work!  BUT,   let's not forget that last year was a transition of sorts trying to get in sync with the rookie Winston,  who was up and down with his accuracy...  and they also ran the ball alot, especially in the redzone,  which led to less scoring opportunity for him as well...  

I am excited to see that whole offense take another step forward this year,  they have 2 good RB's to go with a potential stud combo of Evans and Sefarian-Jenkins (if he can stay healthy),   and Winston is going to be a really good one!   Should be fun to see if they can get it all together!

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:10 pm

I think Evans has the tools to be one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I agree. He may never hit that potential, but with he and Winston growing together, the sky is the limit.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I hope so I own enough shares I would like this happen, but I think he is top 10 not top 5

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:47 pm

I'll take 1200 yards from any guy in a down year.  The TDs will come.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

yeah, that's what I am saying, but with 1200 yards can you really even call it a "down year", maybe slightly down just because the TD's dipped, but it was far from a "shitty year".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

yeah,  that's what I am saying,   but with 1200 yards can you really even call it a "down year",   maybe slightly down just because the TD's dipped,   but it was far from a "shitty year".

He caused the Bucs a lot of victories last season. I watched every Bucs game and down the stretch when they needed him to catch the ball he did not. It hit him in the hands and dropped to the ground. We can all put our Fantasy Football blinders on and look at stats but I will say one thing, you want to be a top 5 WR in the NFL you better not be lazy. and last year if you live in Tampa bay area one thing that we all know was that he let the team down. So did our bum TE that was injured for most of the year. We have a great young QB a great RB and we need some truly good play from WR's. Evans needs to grow up and not lead the league in drops.

Click on the drop tab and you will see who is #1 Mike Evans #1 in drops 2015

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Sty, I think you meant to say that Evans cost the Bucs some victories as opposed to "caused"... either way I think there were other factors in those losses as well, seems pretty short sighted to blame them on Evans, but whatever...

And it's not Fantasy Football blinders, it's looking at the stats, because the numbers don't lie.

Yes, technically Evans led the league in drops with 11 total on 148 targets for a drop rate of 7.4% ... of course some of the total # of drop count is due to the # of targets, obviously, it follows that the higher the amount of targets, the more chances you have to drop a pass... 11 may sound like a lot but other notable recievers that were hot on Evan's trail with drops were Brandon Marshall with 10, Amari Cooper with 10, and Martavis Bryant and Demaryius Thomas both with 9.

To me the more important factor is the drop rate perentage of 7.4% for Evans, that isn't great but he didn't lead the league when you look at the percentage of drops compared to targets. Other notable WR with a similar number of targets who actually had a higher drop rate than Evans are Martavis Bryant (9.8%), Julian Edelman (9.1%) and Amari Cooper (7.7%)...

Anyhow, did Evans drop more passes than he should have? yes, can he do better? of course (and I think he will). All I am saying is that it wasn't that bad, it's not like he set an NFL record or was the worst by a long shot or anything like that, and I think it is debatable whether or not those 11 drops really cost the Bucs all that much in their losses... Whatever, I have presented some of the stats to help put things in perspective, do with them what you will, and ignore them if you want...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:37 pm

There is "something" missing on the eyeball test for me. That was the case coming into the NFL and it still is today. He's fine, he's good but with THAT MANY targets I think the results should be better in order for him to get the love that he does. For a guy who has multiple games with more than 10 targets and just as many in the 7-9 range, I'd say he had the least impact for his team and maybe that's what isn't working for me. You would sure think the TD numbers should come up if the workload is going to continue.

My gut feeling is that he'll have a big year (might be 2016, might be another year) but the "something" that is missing for me leads me to believe that'll be it...but good news he'll have decent years besides that. I just don't think he's in the discussion at all with some of the big WR names in the league despite having the size and opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:54 pm

I love the guy but I am also an Aggie. Ironically I don't own him in a single league.

I do think there is something missing from the eyeball test but I think maybe part of it is just he is so big and smooth that it looks like he isn't trying hard.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 pm

So AJG does not get suspended, but Evans does? Wait, WTF?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Just making up for the fact that Evans should have been ejected.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:14 pm

They both deserve to be suspended. You don’t handle a disagreement by throwing elbows or punches, you follow the chain of command. First he should have approached him personally on the field and talked, if that did not help he should have got the Captain involved, then and only then you move it up the chain and include a union steward if it’s what the aggrieved wishes. If one of us in the real world did that shit we be fired!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I wish the NFL would adopt the same rules the NHL uses...players drop their helmets and as long as they stay on their feet they can fight. Once someone trips or gets laid out it's over.

Would be less violent than the game itself and tell me you wouldn't be 5000x more interested to watch the games on Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 am

Could also have a fights won fantasy category (or negative for getting knocked on your ass)

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 am

I wish I was in the NFL office for these decisions.  Just want to hear the discussion process...

This is a 1 game suspension:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsc5B6-bn68

And this is not:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEBH7mehicY

Only difference is one guy got thrown out of game but apologized while the other guy that didn't get thrown out didn't apologize.  Both look like suspensions are warranted to my untrained eyes.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am

It's completely asinine. I'd be bananas if this were a guy on my team. Can't believe how different the reactions from the league is. No one in those offices has any clue about how they are going to punish someone. Unless, it's a member of the Patriots.. If AJ Green played for the Pats, it would have been 8 games.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

Crazy how they both aren't suspensions. Screw Goodell and the front office.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Evans WR TB   

Back to top Go down

Mike Evans WR TB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: