HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Blake Bortles QB JAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:37 am

Now he needs to start producing at a better rate. I know the running game was mediocre last year but Bortles numbers were underwhelming, and he had pretty good receivers to work with. Hopefully Robinson and Lee will be improved in their 2nd year as well, and while I think Julius Thomas is extremely overrated, he is still a big improvement over what they had last season...

Is this the year that Jax becomes a borderline semi-competitive team? We'll see.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3831

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Biggest problem is that shit OL. If they fix that everything will go up. The play of the QB, RB, WR, TE's etc... Jax had one of the worst OL's the past few years. They have a LT and LG, but nada really at C, RG, RT. They did sign Parnell to play RT, so that may be settled. Borltes being a young guy needs some time in the pocket, that line last year gave him zilch. Hopefully they find the right guys to make a decent starting 5.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Biggest problem is that shit OL. If they fix that everything will go up. The play of the QB, RB, WR, TE's etc... Jax had one of the worst OL's the past few years. They have a LT and LG, but nada really at C, RG, RT. They did sign Parnell to play RT, so that may be settled. Borltes being a young guy needs some time in the pocket, that line last year gave him zilch. Hopefully they find the right guys to make a decent starting 5.

I don't disagree with any of that... but while I haven't studied every game from last year, I saw enough of Jax to also see the Bortles missed more than his fair share of opportunities for positive plays and big plays as well... So all the blame can't go to the OL the way that I see it... Bortles has alot of little issues to clean up on his end as well, and I think he will, I think he takes a good step forward this season.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

He's not gonna be any more ready in 2015 then he was in 2014......


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
He's not gonna be any more ready in 2015 then he was in 2014......

Why?


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:26 pm

He was in way over his head all year and the game didnt seem to slow down for him at all. He just doesnt have the suporting cast to help him the biggest of which is a solid running game.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:52 pm

"Psycho" was just a year off in his comments...

Quote :
Speaking Monday, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said he isn't considering benching Blake Bortles.
"I don't see anything in the future where Blake Bortles is not our guy," Bradley said Monday. To be fair, Bradley can't see that far in the future because he isn't long for it in Jacksonville. Bortles' game is in utter ruins right now, but the Jags have nothing to gain by inserting Chad Henne. Continued awful play will hurt Bortles' confidence, but so would benching him. It's a no-win situation for a team mired in another go-nowhere year.  

lol3

Funny, I saw the Jags a lot like the Raiders at the beginning of the season.  Good draft, improving QB, solid receivers and ok RB.  Not sure what knocked em' off the skids?  Not a huge Bradley fan, but he's not on the field...is it all Bortles??


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11024

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:47 pm

As long as Bortles keeps putting up those junk points I am happy.


Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 pm

He's looking really bad tonight. Worse than usual, might be becoming mental now??


Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 768

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm



Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
He's looking really bad tonight. Worse than usual, might be becoming mental now??

Henne even got work with the 1st team. Open competition?


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Poor Russ.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:42 am

Quote :
Speaking after Thursday's preseason game, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone refused to commit to Blake Bortles at quarterback, and said he's competing with Chad Henne.
"It's this simple: I'm looking for the best person to lead this offense," Marrone began. "It's right up there for grabs, and either person can take it. ... (Bortles has) got to go earn it." Marrone refused to even shut the door on third-stringer Brandon Allen. They're the comments of a desperate man following a fiasco of a performance from Bortles on Thursday. Bortles seems to have regressed instead of progressed on his dismal 2016, showing stunningly awful ball placement while looking like a quarterback lacking for confidence. Henne was scarcely better, but Marrone could probably convince himself Henne is more manageable than Bortles' unwieldy motion.  

Kaepernick anyone?? duckhunt


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11024

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 am

I am not sure how you have a decent year in 2015 and then this.


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I am not sure how you have a decent year in 2015 and then this.

It was garbage time in 2015. Nearly half of his TD passes were in the 4th quarter.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Kansas City Kings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 522

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am

Terrible against 1st AND 2nd team defense's. It does not help that half his receivers apparently forgot how to catch as well.


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 am

Looked into his splits last season while watching the game.

-On throws over 20 yards to Allen Robinson last season his completion percentage was 7. 7%!
-On throws to everyone all season over 20 yards. His QB Rating was 6.2. WTF.

Now he may lose his job to a guy who should be playing baseball instead of football.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Kansas City Kings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 522

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:13 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Looked into his splits last season while watching the game.

-On throws over 20 yards to Allen Robinson last season his completion percentage was 7.  7%!
-On throws to everyone all season over 20 yards. His QB Rating was 6.2.  WTF.  

Now he may lose his job to a guy who should be playing baseball instead of football.

sick that is unreal. Henne looked far and away the better option.


Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 443

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 am

As an Arob owner in multiple other leagues I'd prefer Henne but still could be a long year for him. Should we start the Cousins/Garoppolo to Jacksonville watch for next season? Can't remember Bortles contract situation for 2018 but kinda remember them picking up option so maybe around $18-19 mil next season??


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
As an Arob owner in multiple other leagues I'd prefer Henne but still could be a long year for him.  Should we start the Cousins/Garoppolo to Jacksonville watch for next season?  Can't remember Bortles contract situation for 2018 but kinda remember them picking up option so maybe around $18-19 mil next season??

Yeah they picked up his 5th year option which is next season. I would be more apt to seeing Goff fail and Cousins going to the Rams to be reunited with McVay. You could be onto something though with Jacksonville.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am

How often do you think the Jags are calling the Pats about Jimmy G... Maybe every hour on the hour.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am

My God... Can you imagine going into a season with Chad Henne as your best option at QB, time for the wishbone offense.


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:37 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
My God... Can you imagine going into a season with Chad Henne as your best option at QB, time for the wishbone offense.

ROFL laughing lol 2 lol3 rofl ROTFLMAO Laughing mock


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3080

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:48 am

Watched that game last night. Bortles is horrible. Reminds me of the movie "Tin Cup" when he got the shanks.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 am

I used to think Bortles was a top 10 QB!?!? Boy was I blinded by the reality that has finally came to surface


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3831

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I used to think Bortles was a top 10 QB!?!?  Boy was I blinded by the reality that has finally came to surface

He still is a top ten QB, it just that the name of the list is now Top Ten Worst Starting QB's.

Bortles is in the quicksand. I think he needs a new team, new coaching, and a new lease. Shit ain't working in Jax.
He'll never be awesome, but he is still a 16 to 20 QB and not a 25 to 35 scrub bucket QB.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11024

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Good fantasy QB, struggling NFL QB.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Local talking heads jumping off the ship...grain of salt. But interesting, considering his contract structure...and we have seen this before.

Quote :
The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran believes "it would make perfect sense" for the Jaguars to cut Blake Bortles this summer.
1010 XL Jacksonville's Hays Carlyon had a similar suggestion Friday morning. The No. 3 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Bortles has melted down this summer, first experiencing a "tired arm" last weekend -- perhaps an excuse by coach Doug Marrone to see more of Chad Henne or not -- and then a rock-bottom preseason effort Thursday night. Bortles missed wide-open big plays, and even his completions were a chore. Bortles' 2017 salary is guaranteed, but the Jaguars can't let Bortles on the field and expose him to injury, which would guarantee his $19 million salary for 2018. Henne is the favorite to start.


Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Local talking heads jumping off the ship...grain of salt.  But interesting,  considering his contract structure...and we have seen this before.

Quote :
The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran believes "it would make perfect sense" for the Jaguars to cut Blake Bortles this summer.
1010 XL Jacksonville's Hays Carlyon had a similar suggestion Friday morning. The No. 3 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Bortles has melted down this summer, first experiencing a "tired arm" last weekend -- perhaps an excuse by coach Doug Marrone to see more of Chad Henne or not -- and then a rock-bottom preseason effort Thursday night. Bortles missed wide-open big plays, and even his completions were a chore. Bortles' 2017 salary is guaranteed, but the Jaguars can't let Bortles on the field and expose him to injury, which would guarantee his $19 million salary for 2018. Henne is the favorite to start.  

Very interesting development here in 24 hours.


Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com Online
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Dear ARob, keep your head up kid. I didn't sign you to a long deal because I thought this year was gonna be a good one. Your day is coming.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:23 pm

I have 2 QB's I'd like to sell the Jags... Jimmy G and AJ McCarron both of whom I feel better about rather than Henne.


Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 482

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:40 am

Cutting him now so that he doesn't get injured is one I've not heard before. Very creative bullshit.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20291

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Lol depth chart for the jags just has a ? Listed for qb haha what a dumpster fire.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1600

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:09 pm

They need to get on the phone to Buffalo... I bet the Bills would dump Tyrod for a 3rd or a 4th.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20291

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:16 pm

At this point I feel like the Jets, Buffalo and the Jags are going to be in a 3 legged race to tank this season.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1411

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Sorry Duffers but boy am I glad I traded him to get Cousins.. when a turd


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11024

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 am

Starter.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5349

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Starter.

Championship!


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8119

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Starter.

Championship!

(stolen)


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1411

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Starter.

Championship!

(stolen)

DITTO


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 am

The real winner here is the Jets. (Also stolen)


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Is he playing as bad as his stats look?  If so, his starting days may be over in Jacksonville.  I haven't caught any of today's game.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 792

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Is he playing as bad as his stats look?  If so, his starting days may be over in Jacksonville.  I haven't caught any of today's game.
I watched some of the game, both of his picks were defections which suck. He had a lot of dropped balls and when they finally start to get something going they end up with dropped balls and penalties, also Not a lot of protection. Not saying he is an all pro but he played better than his stats showed.


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:04 am

I felt sorry for him yesterday, he looks a broken man. The INTs weren't really his fault, his receivers tipped both balls into defenders hands.
But I also think he is rifling the ball at his receivers in an attempt to avoid the INTs and that is making his throws quite hard to catch.

Playing a backup QB is pointless. They need to ride the season out and start again with another QB. Either that or bring in Kaepernick.

I think I read that Bortles threw more INTs in first 2 weeks than Kaep did all last season.


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1824

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:39 am

He did rack up some garbage time stats in typical Bortles fashion.


Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras
 
 
avatar

Posts : 642

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 am

I was curious how a thread about an average NFL quarterback could have so many post. So I went back and read the thread and man, did you guys have nothing to do on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Were most of you unemployed that day or did you call in sick? 26 post on one day... about Bortles.

Bortles is what he is.... a mid-tier QB, a poor man's Eli Manning if you will. Unless, you have one of the top 5 QBs, all the rest are going to have a good game then several bad games.

But, outside of fantasy, NFL teams can win with this types of QBs as the NY Giants have proven. Here are some career competition % for NFL QBS
Rodgers 65.2%
Brees 66%
Brady 62.5 %
Rivers 64.5 %
Eli Manning 59.8%
Bortles 58.7 %

Jacksonville, as bad as a franchise as they may be, they seem to be tryng to follow the NY Giants Eli Manning formula by building a solid defense to limit scoring to offset Bortles limited capabilities. In 2016, 6 of the 7 Jags draft picks were on the defensive side of the ball. And over half of their 2017 picks were on the defense and they grabbed Fournette which would hopefully open up the passing game.

They are in a division that can be won with this concept.

But in the end, Bortles is always going to be a less than desirable fantasy QB which is what all but the top 5 are.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11024

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 am

Yet Bortles still had the same points as Cam Newton. Yeah, I feel sorry for him getting pounded into the dirt all day. Man.


Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras
 
 
avatar

Posts : 642

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Jaguars signed QB Ryan Nassib.
With Blake Bortles fading into oblivion, the Jags decided they needed another quarterback on the roster behind Chad Henne. With Bortles a weekly threat to get benched, it's conceivable that at some point Henne could be named starter and Nassib could end up the No. 2 with Bortles a healthy scratch. That scenario is probably still a ways away, however. Nassib also isn't good, which is a problem.
Source: John Oehser on Twitter Sep 18 - 1:52 PM


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1824

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:02 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Jaguars signed QB Ryan Nassib.
With Blake Bortles fading into oblivion, the Jags decided they needed another quarterback on the roster behind Chad Henne. With Bortles a weekly threat to get benched, it's conceivable that at some point Henne could be named starter and Nassib could end up the No. 2 with Bortles a healthy scratch. That scenario is probably still a ways away, however. Nassib also isn't good, which is a problem.
Source: John Oehser on Twitter Sep 18 - 1:52 PM

lol 2 This was my thought as well, like what the hell does this solve?


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

'Nassib also isn't good'

Terrible grammar but he's not wrong. Nassib another classic JR fail.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   

Back to top Go down
 
Blake Bortles QB JAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: