Share | 

Blake Bortles QB JAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Go.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 pm

So at #3 they have to play the guy right out of the gate right? I thought this guy was the one of the big 3 that supposedly wasn't ready to start right out of the gate...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Fri May 09, 2014 7:48 am

I dont think they have to (or will) start him right away - they will go with henne until they lose enough games to were it doesnt matter

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Justin, it's spelled Bortles. But anyway, JAX says they are going to sit him for a year while starting Henne. I think with the cheaper contracts nowadays, sitting him for a year isn't a bad idea. Especially since no matter how good he is, JAX isn't going to go anywhere this year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Justin, it's spelled Bortles. But anyway, JAX says they are going to sit him for a year while starting Henne. I think with the cheaper contracts nowadays, sitting him for a year isn't a bad idea. Especially since no matter how good he is, JAX isn't going to go anywhere this year.
 Which is why Bortles will be starting sometime after the midpoint of the season...   Jax will be out of it and it would help with his development to gain some experience this year before taking over next season.    If Jax is out of things by week 8 or 10 (which is almost a given)   what point would it serve to keep starting a loser like Henne?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun May 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Well I see Alex Smith has exhibit #1. Started the latter half of his rookie season and was a disaster for his confidence. If JAX has a decent line and the rookie WRs workout, maybe Bortles will start.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 12, 2014 6:17 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
 Which is why Bortles will be starting sometime after the midpoint of the season...   Jax will be out of it and it would help with his development to gain some experience this year before taking over next season.    If Jax is out of things by week 8 or 10 (which is almost a given)   what point would it serve to keep starting a loser like Henne?

Be careful dude! Mike, aka Mr. 8-8, is going to come on here and tell you your reasoning is asinine, wrong, stupid and dumb.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 am

I still think Bortles could very well win the job outright and start from day 1... Henne isn't much of an obstacle...

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 am

I still think Bortles could very well win the job outright and start from day 1...  Henne isn't much of an obstacle...

I agree with you. Possible Manziel and Bridgewater start out of the gate as well. It certainly isn't a foregone conclusion either way and it's a 50/50 proposition for all. But if any of these QB's are sitting in week 1 the reasoning behind such an event will be mocked by Mr. Mediocre. Tread carefully and carry a big stick.  tough guy   cheers 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
http://autismmovesout.org/bortles-oviedo-little-league-charity-challenger-autism/

Great feel good story!

Awesome. Just awesome.

I hate that these are the types of stories we don't hear about. It drives me crazy that this story doesn't sell like many others. I'm rooting for Bortles because of stuff like this.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
http://autismmovesout.org/bortles-oviedo-little-league-charity-challenger-autism/

Great feel good story!

Awesome.  Just awesome.  

I hate that these are the types of stories we don't hear about.  It drives me crazy that this story doesn't sell like many others.  I'm rooting for Bortles because of stuff like this.  

Misery sells. It sucks. I'd much rather read this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Great story, really enjoyed it!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 4:14 pm

That's awesome

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Mon May 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Love the story.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Tue May 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Yeah, that is just awesome. Even happier I drafted this kid.

Can you imagine if the news actually focused on stuff like this instead of the misery sells aspect? People would have "good" infused into their everyday lives which would likely inspire many many people to do something good in their lives if for no other reason than to outdo others good behaviors because their desire to be the center of attention would dictate it. Want 15 minutes of fame? How about you do something good for someone.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Tue May 20, 2014 12:55 pm

I like his girlfriend.  lol3 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 9:22 am

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley reiterated that the team wants to give QB Blake Bortles a year to develop behind QB Chad Henne. "We really felt comfortable with (Henne) coming back, with a another year in the system," Bradley said. "And I think it gave us flexibility. Then when Blake was there available for us, we really wanted to capture that opportunity. We do feel good about where Blake's at, but we feel like this time that he has under Chad - a year to develop - will be really good in the end result."

Hope nobody was counting on him this year!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 10:02 am

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley reiterated that the team wants to give QB Blake Bortles a year to develop behind QB Chad Henne. "We really felt comfortable with (Henne) coming back, with a another year in the system," Bradley said. "And I think it gave us flexibility. Then when Blake was there available for us, we really wanted to capture that opportunity. We do feel good about where Blake's at, but we feel like this time that he has under Chad - a year to develop - will be really good in the end result."

Hope nobody was counting on him this year!

If that dribble were true they would have traded back and took him later. Were they really shocked he was there at 3? Please.

You were so comfortable with Chad Henne you took a QB at #3? Sure. Got it boss.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 am

When they are 0-8 or 1-7 there won't be any point in sitting back and waiting for him to develop. He may not start week 1 (I am not sure any rookie QB starts week 1) but he should see the field at some point bacause the Jags are going nowhere this season...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 11:04 am

When they are 0-8 or 1-7 there won't be any point in sitting back and waiting for him to develop.   He may not start week 1  (I am not sure any rookie QB starts week 1)  but he should see the field at some point bacause the Jags are going nowhere this season...

but that's exactly my point...let's just pretend that Blake Bortles (right now) is an exact replica of Aaron Rodgers and we just haven't seen it because he has played with college players and coaches that didn't bring his best game out. Just pretend.

You start him week 1 and if that were the case the Jags come of the gate and surprising win some games and momentum is built and away you go. If not, oh well...coaches then decide if there is enough to work with to get him better by next year or if he just is bad all around. It's worth a shot.

Chad Henne. We know what Chad Henne is and what he will be. Is there any fucking reason you would start Chad Henne other than to waste fucking time and watch another season eat shit from minute 1?

It's stubborn coaching at best. No reason to purposely go with something proven to fail. Wouldn't playing Henne damn near toe the line of the definition of insanity?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm

They'll do it if they don't feel that Bortles is NFL ready. If they think that he needs a year or two to develop and watch the game, practice, etc. It's better to have him sit if he's not ready to lead the team rather than throw him out there to the wolves to be fail and be destroyed. Then you have a quarterback who's confidence is shattered and loses respect from the fans, media, and support of the locker room.

How much did Rodgers learn by sitting behind Farve for awhile? How about Kaep sitting behind Smith? Learning the system, developing chemistry with the other players, practicing, etc.

I'm not saying whether it's the right or wrong thing to do I'm just saying WHY they do it. (To me it makes some sense.)

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 12:25 pm

They'll do it if they don't feel that Bortles is NFL ready.  If they think that he needs a year or two to develop and watch the game, practice, etc.  It's better to have him sit if he's not ready to lead the team rather than throw him out there to the wolves to be fail and be destroyed.  Then you have a quarterback who's confidence is shattered and loses respect from the fans, media, and support of the locker room.  

How much did Rodgers learn by sitting behind Farve for awhile?  How about Kaep sitting behind Smith?  Learning the system, developing chemistry with the other players, practicing, etc.  

I'm not saying whether it's the right or wrong thing to do I'm just saying WHY they do it.  (To me it makes some sense.)  

[In my best Mike voice] Your reasoning is fucking stupid. What are you a dumbass? You're only saying that because you don't have Bortles. It's okay to admit that a player that isn't on your team is good and will start because your reasoning is stupid. Don't be so obtuse. [/my best Mike voice]

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm

They'll do it if they don't feel that Bortles is NFL ready.  If they think that he needs a year or two to develop and watch the game, practice, etc.  It's better to have him sit if he's not ready to lead the team rather than throw him out there to the wolves to be fail and be destroyed.  Then you have a quarterback who's confidence is shattered and loses respect from the fans, media, and support of the locker room.  

How much did Rodgers learn by sitting behind Farve for awhile?  How about Kaep sitting behind Smith?  Learning the system, developing chemistry with the other players, practicing, etc.  

I'm not saying whether it's the right or wrong thing to do I'm just saying WHY they do it.  (To me it makes some sense.)  

I know. I am just saying fuck all of that.

The Rodgers/Kaep thing isn't a valid argument because maybe they could have done what they did from day 1.

How many of the best quarterbacks spent time sitting on the bench before starting? How many just started right away? I have no idea but I feel like the top level guys can just go, learn on the fly and figure life out and if in fact that is what a team is looking for (top level guy) then throwing his scared ass out to the wolves is just what you want to do for your team. All the analysts can save that "you don't want to shatter a guys confidence" horseshit out the window....I want to see if that cunt will survive and thrive or get destroyed by the game. Either way, I get the fastest and truest picture of what I have and like I said before, while I may be wrong once in a while and trade Mr. Shattered Soul to another team who will coddle him into being an average career quarterback for not that much, I also will waste the least amount of time to find the truly best guys out there.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:

[In my best Mike voice]  Your reasoning is fucking stupid.  What are you a dumbass?  You're only saying that because you don't have Bortles.  It's okay to admit that a player that isn't on your team is good and will start because your reasoning is stupid.  Don't be so obtuse. [/my best Mike voice]

I don't care what you got going with Mike...if you are running the Jags do you start Henne? If so, what are you looking to accomplish?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

If they don't feel confident in their offensive line and are looking to build upon that next season before starting Bortles that may make sense as well. Just saying that coaches have their reasons and it may or may not make sense to the rest of us. I get where they're going though.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

I know.  I am just saying fuck all of that.

The Rodgers/Kaep thing isn't a valid argument because maybe they could have done what they did from day 1.

How many of the best quarterbacks spent time sitting on the bench before starting?  How many just started right away?  I have no idea but I feel like the top level guys can just go, learn on the fly and figure life out and if in fact that is what a team is looking for (top level guy) then throwing his scared ass out to the wolves is just what you want to do for your team.  All the analysts can save that "you don't want to shatter a guys confidence" horseshit out the window....I want to see if that cunt will survive and thrive or get destroyed by the game.  Either way, I get the fastest and truest picture of what I have and like I said before, while I may be wrong once in a while and trade Mr. Shattered Soul to another team who will coddle him into being an average career quarterback for not that much, I also will waste the least amount of time to find the truly best guys out there.

Go look up the life story on one named Drew Brees and get back to me with your opinion. Sometimes NFL level talent is not ready to play right off the bat.  How is that so hard to see?

dizzy

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:13 pm

I know. I just would never go that route. I see more flaws to that thinking than to field my best chance at all costs. We'll see what these teams do but I know my opinions of these coaching staffs will certainly be riding on what they do which isn't even to say that if they don't do exactly as I would that I will hate em or whatever but if they roll with Henne for instance and go 0-5 and then bring in Bortles then your hypothetical isn't the concern obviously so then what? You wait until the season was good and fucked before bringing him in and that is supposed to help build his confidence?

If he sits, then he had better sit all year because fuck cleaning up some hacks mess that never should have been in there.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

How many of the best quarterbacks spent time sitting on the bench before starting?  How many just started right away?  I have no idea but I feel like the top level guys can just go, learn on the fly and figure life out and if in fact that is what a team is looking for (top level guy) then throwing his scared ass out to the wolves is just what you want to do for your team.  All the analysts can save that "you don't want to shatter a guys confidence" horseshit out the window....I want to see if that cunt will survive and thrive or get destroyed by the game.  Either way, I get the fastest and truest picture of what I have and like I said before, while I may be wrong once in a while and trade Mr. Shattered Soul to another team who will coddle him into being an average career quarterback for not that much, I also will waste the least amount of time to find the truly best guys out there.

Go look up the life story on one named Drew Brees and get back to me with your opinion. Sometimes NFL level talent is not ready to play right off the bat.  How is that so hard to see?

dizzy

cliff notes? I am not up on my Drew Brees lifetime biography. Did he sit before starting? Did he then come in and rock? Does that prove he couldn't have handled it had he just been forced to deal? I don't know shit and all of my opinions are usually ignorant ramblings of a madman cunt who isn't gonna be bothered with research.  vote yes 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:19 pm

I know.  I just would never go that route.  I see more flaws to that thinking than to field my best chance at all costs.  We'll see what these teams do but I know my opinions of these coaching staffs will certainly be riding on what they do which isn't even to say that if they don't do exactly as I would that I will hate em or whatever but if they roll with Henne for instance and go 0-5 and then bring in Bortles then your hypothetical isn't the concern obviously so then what?  You wait until the season was good and fucked before bringing him in and that is supposed to help build his confidence?

If he sits, then he had better sit all year because fuck cleaning up some hacks mess that never should have been in there.

Alright let's go this route then. Just for fun.

Let's say Henne is the starter. They're 0-5. He's getting blown up on every other play. He never has time to get into any kind of rhythm, the line just isn't holding up. Blackmon is still suspended. His new weapons aren't really ready for prime time yet. They're still learning the offense and getting used to playing in the NFL. Your TE goes down again like Lewis is known to do.

So you're 0-5. Your offense just is not gelling yet. Henne is getting blown up. What benefit is there to sticking Bortles out there to get hit and smashed up when the line can't protect him and the offense can't find any kind of rhythm. You're not going to make the playoffs. Why risk the guy you think can develop to be your franchise QB?

Did you watch the Giants games last year? Eli is a veteran QB and no matter what you think about his talent he has always had amazing pocket presence. Eluding defense and moving around was always something that amazed me. He got blown the fuck up last year over and over. He had no time. It was brutal. It got to the point that he was rushing throws even when there WASN'T pressure. He was playing scared. A two time superbowl winning QB.

Throwing a rookie out there when the offense is playing like that can ruin them. I don't care how tough you are.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

dizzy

cliff notes?  I am not up on my Drew Brees lifetime biography.  Did he sit before starting?  Did he then come in and rock? Does that prove he couldn't have handled it had he just been forced to deal?  I don't know shit and all of my opinions are usually ignorant ramblings of a madman cunt who isn't gonna be bothered with research.  vote yes 

He started in SD where he SUCKED (01).  He sucked so bad the Chargers spent 1.04 on a guy named P Rivers (actually they drafted Manning but that is another thread) a few years later (04).  Rivers rookie year Brees put it all tougher and was lights out.  He hurt his shoulder at the end of the year and SD decided to let him walk because they now had Rivers.  I would say he has done well for himself after a terrible first 3 years.  Had SD slow played him they might have seen what he really was and allowed him to become that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 pm

I know.  I just would never go that route.  I see more flaws to that thinking than to field my best chance at all costs.  We'll see what these teams do but I know my opinions of these coaching staffs will certainly be riding on what they do which isn't even to say that if they don't do exactly as I would that I will hate em or whatever but if they roll with Henne for instance and go 0-5 and then bring in Bortles then your hypothetical isn't the concern obviously so then what?  You wait until the season was good and fucked before bringing him in and that is supposed to help build his confidence?

Alright let's go this route then.  Just for fun.

Let's say Henne is the starter.  They're 0-5.  He's getting blown up on every other play.  He never has time to get into any kind of rhythm, the line just isn't holding up.  Blackmon is still suspended.  His new weapons aren't really ready for prime time yet.  They're still learning the offense and getting used to playing in the NFL.  Your TE goes down again like Lewis is known to do.  

So you're 0-5.  Your offense just is not gelling yet.  Henne is getting blown up.  What benefit is there to sticking Bortles out there to get hit and smashed up when the line can't protect him and the offense can't find any kind of rhythm.  You're not going to make the playoffs.  Why risk the guy you think can develop to be your franchise QB?  

Did you watch the Giants games last year?  Eli is a veteran QB and no matter what you think about his talent he has always had amazing pocket presence.  Eluding defense and moving around was always something that amazed me.  He got blown the fuck up last year over and over.  He had no time.  It was brutal.  It got to the point that he was rushing throws even when there WASN'T pressure.  He was playing scared.  A two time superbowl winning QB.  

Throwing a rookie out there when the offense is playing like that can ruin them.  I don't care how tough you are.  

So what is the difference between me doing it Week 1 in the hopes he can handle it and Dingus McKringleberry doing at after Henne goes 0-5 so that now not only could Bortles get killed but if he doesn't he also has no chance of fixing what Henne did?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 pm

I don't get the question. dizzy

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

dizzy

cliff notes?  I am not up on my Drew Brees lifetime biography.  Did he sit before starting?  Did he then come in and rock? Does that prove he couldn't have handled it had he just been forced to deal?  I don't know shit and all of my opinions are usually ignorant ramblings of a madman cunt who isn't gonna be bothered with research.  vote yes 

He started in SD where he SUCKED (01).  He sucked so bad the Chargers spent 1.04 on a guy named P Rivers (actually they drafted Manning but that is another thread) a few years later (04).  Rivers rookie year Brees put it all tougher and was lights out.  He hurt his shoulder at the end of the year and SD decided to let him walk because they now had Rivers.  I would say he has done well for himself after a terrible first 3 years.  Had SD slow played him they might have seen what he really was and allowed him to become that.

Fair point but that has more to with San Diego's ability to assess what they had. So he sucked year 1...I nevr said a guy had to be lights out. Hell I still feel Sam Bradford has more than we've seen and that THAT franchise totally fucked him. Brees getting hurt is another aspect you can never plan on...just work around. San Diego made a decision and that's fine...probably not the right one but whose to say had Brees stayed that SD would have anything more to show for it? All the players on a team are a chemical in a way..who fits with who and what works and doesn't is anyones guess...I just don't see a GOOD argument for slow rolling a QB because win or lose, a good one will show you something. I wish I knew more about Drew Brees rookie season to make a direct point on it.

And don't get me wrong, I like everyone else makes mistakes but I guess I rather make one going for it in this regard than not playing a guy because some dinosaur of a coach just thinks it's the way. If they feel that Henne is their best chance for the season then by all means play him...I just disagree with my lack of coaching knowledge from the cheap seats.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't get the question.  dizzy  

You are saying even a 2x SB winning QB like Eli can get raped on the field with a shitty O-Line. Point taken. If Jacksonville feels THAT is the reason they should play Henne instead of Bortles that is their decision but if they bring Bortles in after Henne goes 0-5 then that argument is dead because now you would be knowingly putting him out behind a shit line AND he has no chance to succeed because he is starting a season 0-5 which isn't his fault.

Point being if they feel that what you are saying is the case, then Bortles better not take the field NO MATTER WHAT until they feel the O-line is up to snuff. I don't see it playing out that way.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 pm

I point was the game was too fast for Brees at first.  It took him some time to be able to play at this level.  Would SD have been better off waiting until Brees was ready or having him learn on the fly and fail.  I think had SD let him sit for a year plus they would have seen him turn the corner and the entire thing could have been avoided.  

TLDR -  Some guys are not ready to play in the NFL on day one of their rookie year.  Some of these people turn out to be superstars...

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 4:38 pm

end it 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 5:45 pm

I don't get the question.  dizzy  

You are saying even a 2x SB winning QB like Eli can get raped on the field with a shitty O-Line.  Point taken.  If Jacksonville feels THAT is the reason they should play Henne instead of Bortles that is their decision but if they bring Bortles in after Henne goes 0-5 then that argument is dead because now you would be knowingly putting him out behind a shit line AND he has no chance to succeed because he is starting a season 0-5 which isn't his fault.

Point being if they feel that what you are saying is the case, then Bortles better not take the field NO MATTER WHAT until they feel the O-line is up to snuff.  I don't see it playing out that way.

That's how I feel.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Here is what it all boils down to...

NFL coaching staffs have their jobs and livelihoods on the line, so they filter their decisions through a lens that takes that into account...

Fantasy owners just want to get the rookies on the field right away cause we want to play with our shiny new toys...

NFL coaching staffs don't take fantasy owner's opinions into account when making decisions on their depth charts...

So, while it is an interesting discussion for us to have, ultimately it doesn't matter what we think...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 6:28 pm

I hear you guys...I just respectfully disagree that playing Henne in Jacksonville this makes much sense. If Bortles isn't ready or they didn't feel that he is close enough to get there by Week 1 then they could have moved down in the draft and gotten him...by taking him 3rd it tells me it's more than that. If they don't think Bortles is ready though, then play whatever no name cunt is alos on roster because playing Henne does nothing...it isn't gonna win you games and it isn't gonna give you any new information about players on your team so play someone that will accomplish one of those two things.

I guess these coaches should count their lucky stars I am not an owner because I surely wouldn't tolerate wasting time doing nothing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 6:32 pm

LOOK OUT! WE GOT A JERRY JONES OVER HERE!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 6:34 pm

NFL coaching staffs have their jobs and livelihoods on the line,  so they filter their decisions through a lens that takes that into account...

Fantasy owners just want to get the rookies on the field right away cause we want to play with our shiny new toys...

NFL coaching staffs don't take fantasy owner's opinions into account when making decisions on their depth charts...

So,  while it is an interesting discussion for us to have,   ultimately it doesn't matter what we think...

Keeping your team's new franchise quarterback on the bench to run Chad Henne out there and hope that you can stumble to a 7-9 record is no way to keep your job.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Wed May 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

NFL coaching staffs have their jobs and livelihoods on the line,  so they filter their decisions through a lens that takes that into account...

So,  while it is an interesting discussion for us to have,   ultimately it doesn't matter what we think...

Keeping your team's new franchise quarterback on the bench to run Chad Henne out there and hope that you can stumble to a 7-9 record is no way to keep your job.

Exactly. Only in an extreme case where a new coach laid out a 2 year plan that made sense to the owner but I don't see that here. They drafted new weapons at WR, picked up Gerhardt at RB and drafted a new QB at #3 overall.....so they could play Chad Henne again this year? yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh. I am never joining that line of thinking and if it's true seriously what a ridiculous plan. See ya Week 1 Bortles.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu May 22, 2014 1:18 am

Look,  I am not arguing that they should start Henne,   just stating that they (NFL teams) typically have a different perspective,   and if they feel Bortles is not NFL ready,  then I can see where they would think it makes sense to give him some time to learn while Henne starts...   I think they are headed for a 4-7 win season either way so why not play Bortles...   but I won't be surprised if they don't.

Don't forget that every single scout and draft commentator constantly said that of the top three QB's,  Bortles was the least ready to start right out of the gate...   Not saying I agree with that,   just saying that was a universal comment on him from the scouts and 'draftniks'...

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu May 22, 2014 6:43 am

Could plan to sandbag with henne to get early picks again next year and use him as scapegoat. Assuming coach and ownership are on board and coach knows he wont get fired... 2 year plan... maybe? Do they have incentive enough to not play the best players to get better players..

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Could plan to sandbag with henne to get early picks again next year and use him as scapegoat. Assuming coach and ownership are on board and coach knows he wont get fired... 2 year plan... maybe? Do they have incentive enough to not play the best players to get better players..

My initial reaction is that this is ridiculous, but then I thought about the fact that they went into 2013, again, with Henne and Gabbert. Who knows.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles entered the team's Week 3 game in the second half after QB Chad Henne was benched.

Wonder if this is a permanent switch.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Well that answers my question.

Quote :
aguars coach Gus Bradley named Blake Bortles the team's starter for the rest of the season in his post-game press conference Sunday. Analysis: Although Bortles threw two interceptions in the second half of Sunday's loss to Indianapolis, including a pick six, he did lead two touchdown drives and breathed life into Jacksonville's previously inept offense. Bortles finished 14-of-24 passing for 223 yards, two scores, and the two picks after taking over to start the third quarter. He added 30 yards on two scrambles. The Jags head to San Diego next.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Rolling Eyes

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if he was starting with a completely fresh slate (0-0). Fucking stubborn cunts and their stupid fucking loyalty to veteran hacks. #youjustwastedyourowntimefuckstick

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 am

jaguars
Quote :
Jaguars | Blake Bortles endorsed by Gus Bradley Wed Mar 25, 08:39 PM

Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles received an endorsement from head coach Gus Bradley Tuesday, March 24. Speaking at the AFC Coaches Breakfast at the NFL Annual Meetings Tuesday, Bradley said Bortles has impressed since late last season in his approach. "I knew he was tough, but just how tough ... And how fast he would take over the team. The team really gravitates toward him offensively, defensively and special teams-wise, and I didn't know it would happen that fast," claimed Bradley.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blake Bortles QB JAC   

Back to top Go down

Blake Bortles QB JAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: