Share | 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Good thing Im not relying on Mike Williams. The only thing of value in my opinion that I gave up is 30 war bucks....minimal risk IMO.

DHB, Lance Moore, Emmanuel Sanders, Sanu, Avant, Baldwin, Mike Williams, Goodson, KSmith and Beanie all will be fighting for my last 2 starting spots every week..

Great group of youngsters and good trade for you, but where you fell short is not also picking up Preston as a fallback option in case M Williams did lose his job.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 am

I really like the Bucs new coach Greg Schiano, I think he makes a world of difference for that team

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
I really like the Bucs new coach Greg Schiano, I think he makes a world of difference for that team
thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Quote :
LeGarrette Blount has been handling the majority of the first-team reps throughout OTAs and into this week's minicamp.

First-rounder Doug Martin is being worked in with the starters "occasionally," along with Mossis Madu and seventh-rounder Michael Smith. Blount confirmed that new coach Greg Schiano "loves" running the ball and has stressed that in the new offense. Blount's spot atop the depth chart may be due mostly to his experience edge, in which case Martin will have to outplay him in training camp and preseason action to steal the starting job. We anticipate that happening.

Blount better enjoy his carries now in OTA's/Minicamp

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Quote :
Bucs DT Brian Price reportedly punched first-round S Mark Barron in the face during a players meeting last month.

The fracas started when Price found Barron sitting in his seat at a team meeting. Although Barron's face was bloodied, he practiced later that day. Price can be forgiven for the short temper in the heat of the moment. He was hospitalized for "exhaustion and grief" after taking on his sister's children when she died in a car wreck earlier this spring. He had previously lost two brothers to gunshot wounds. We wouldn't make too much of the incident, as Price still carries plenty of respect among teammates and coaches.

Would be interesting to know the story behind the punch. Price sounds like he has had a rough go of late

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Douche. Punching my player in the face. nono

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Barron should stand up for himself tough guy

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:50 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
Barron should stand up for himself tough guy
Standing up for himself is probably what got him punched in the face....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:25 am

Getting punched in the face for sitting in the wrong seat? He'd have probably been fine if he'd been standing up...! doh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Well at least the first injury to my team isn't exactly a major blow!

Quote :
Bucs CB E.J. Biggers broke a bone in his foot during Friday's training camp practice.

Analysis: The Bucs had some bad luck on Friday, as Arrelious Benn also went down with a sprained MCL. Biggers was in line to open the year as the Bucs' third corner, but he may now miss a few early regular season games. Myron Lewis, Anthony Gaitor, and rookie Keith Tandy will pick up additional reps in the meantime.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Gotta love how Schiano tells his team to rush the passer on the kneel down to end the loss to the Giants. It's great to play to the last second but karma is going to bite him in the ass soon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Good for him, best Coach we ever had win or lose. SO MUCH better then last year!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Not sure about best coach ever... Dungy was pretty good and Gruden got the championship although he might have lucked into it a bit. But at least Schiano gives you hope for the future that Morris never could.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Bum rushing the kneel is a dick move plain and simple.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Shiano is a fuckin tool for that move.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:56 am

Sorry, don't agree here. I did some at first, but the more I thought about it, why not?

How is this play any different than any other play in the game? What if Eli had mishandled the snap and they didn't rush? Then what would we be talking about? Why were the O Lineman not ready to play another down? Where in the NFL does it say "We're done, so don't rush us"?

Giants are going to get upset that the other team didn't take the play off? Don't see that as Tampa's fault, see that falling on the Giants. Fumbles on snaps occur.

I see this as playing to the end and never giving up. Fumbles on snaps occur. It would be different if it was a 2 score game. It wasn't. 5 seconds left on the Giants 30. Clock would stop on a change of possession. Maybe get 1 shot to tie. Why should Tampa quit? Just because it's Eli and the Giants?

Put the blame where it goes. On the O Line for not being ready to play football, like they are paid to do. Tampa's D did what they are paid for.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Didn't Rivers fumble a kneel down last year that cost them the game against the Raiders? I see nothing wrong with it, no rule it is just a common sense/sportsmanship thing. We all know the Bucs are not good sports, as they have had a lot of losing seasons. I like the intensity.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm

The intensity was great at the end but the Bucs should have the same intensity for the other 59 mins

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Bucs are playing with heart and so much better then last year. I enjoyed this loss more then a lot of the wins last year. Coaches have brought a fight that is nice to see!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

I know - we'll start again. Again!

Bucs fired coach Greg Schiano and GM Mark Dominik.

The hard-headed Schiano lasts just two seasons in Tampa, producing an 11-21 record and no playoff berths. His reign was marred by a bungling of Darrelle Revis, a lack of progression from Josh Freeman, a MRSA breakout and bush league tactics against opponent's victory formations. He likely could have stuck around to grow with Mike Glennon, but the Bucs dropped four of their final five games and the Glazers decided to drop the axe. Schiano, a former Joe Paterno assistant, will immediately become a favorite for the Penn State job once Bill O'Brien bolts for the NFL. The Bucs are starting from scratch again and they've already been linked to a new duo of Lovie Smith and Rich McCay by ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:10 pm

This firing also made sense... Schiano is just as big of a dick as Rex Ryan, the only problem is he is nowhere near as good of a coach! He was a terrible coach and terrible for player and team morale as well. Most of the leaked info from players in the locker rooms that I heard about indicated that he was not well liked or respected by his players and that is something you just can't have if you want to succeed. Good riddance Schiano, hopefully your NFL tenure is up...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Did not care for his bush league victory formation tackling tactics.
Seems like a wanna B "General" who was actually a rube Lt.
Back to the schools. I don't see a NFL offering him a gig.
As Clint says "a man's got to know his limitations."

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Never should have left Rutgers. Dumbfuck.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Lovie Smith.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:02 pm

I like that hire for TB. Way better than Schiano, gotta go back to college for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 am

Ya I am excited that we got Smith. I was also a fan of Schiano, I think Freeman ruined his career as our coach for the most part.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 am

I really like this move for the Bucs. I think that they have a great D that can really win them some games with the right scheme.

Schiano was interesting to say the least. I'm not sure if he lost the respect of the team, didn't utilize players to their best or what. I believe it could be any of those. Interesting to see if he gets picked up in some role by anybody

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:11 am

Ugh. Lovie is better than what they had but I hate his complete lack of emotion on the sideline. Coaches like that drive me nuts.

Back to top Go down
MatthewL763

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 am

Schiano was garbage actually im suprised he made it through the season. I know he was good at rutgers but im also suprised penn st is that interested if the article i read was true.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 am

Well he wasn't out of work for long:

Bucs hired Leslie Frazier as defensive coordinator.

The Cowboys wouldn't let DL coach Rod Marinelli out of his contract. Tight with new Bucs coach Lovie Smith, Frazier teaches a similar Tampa 2-style defense, although both coaches have utilized more man coverage in recent seasons, with Peanut Tillman doing so frequently in Chicago and Xavier Rhodes playing press this past year for Frazier in Minnesota. Before a largely-failed stint as the Vikings' 2011-2013 head coach (20-32-1 record), Frazier coordinated Minnesota's defense from 2008-2010, and his units ranked sixth, sixth, and eighth in the NFL in total defense. Put simply, he's a fantastic fit under Lovie and has an excellent track record as a coordinator. Frazier and Smith will need improved pass rush in Tampa, but they aren't going to let Darrelle Revis go to waste.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Lovie is a glorified defensive coordinator with the title of head coach - if he doesn't find a great offensive coordinator he will have problems - he doesn't have anything to do with that side of the ball beside telling the O coach not to turn it over and I hated how it always seemed like he was trying not to lose more then he was trying to win

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Here's a stat that blew my mind...

No QB drafted by the Tampa Bay Bucs has EVER signed a second contract with the team. Not one. Not ever. Here's the list:

Quote :
Vinny Testaverde
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Josh Freeman
Shaun King
Mike Glennon
Craig Erickson
Chris Simms
Chuck Fusina
Josh Johnson
Parnell Dickinson
Bruce Gradkowski
Randy Hedberg
Mike Pawlawski
Mike Ford
Steve Calabria
Joe Hamilton
Bob Lane
Pat O'Hara
Blair Kiel
Todd Hammel
Mike Shula
Jack Berry

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Now that's a crazy fun fact.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:44 pm

holy shitballs batman - WTF?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:46 pm

I know right? I couldn't believe it. How can a team be that terribly managed for that long?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Ok so if I was Mariota or Winston I would pull the Eli Manning ask for a trade after they are drafted, so I can get far away from the Bucs as I can. From that list it looks like if a QB goes there they are doomed run for the hills

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:53 am

SMOKESCREEN or TRUTH

ESPN Bucs reporter Pat Yasinskas has "heard" that coach Lovie Smith prefers Florida State QB Jameis Winston over Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
It's part of the reason Smith chose to hire OC Dirk Koetter over Marc Trestman. Trestman reportedly prefers Mariota to Winston. It makes sense. Lovie is an old-school coach. He likes his quarterbacks to be pro-ready, and Winston ran a pro-style offense at Florida State while Mariota was operating in a spread attack. Winston is believed to have a "big edge" over Mariota in the Bucs' eyes.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

When you have the first overall pick doesn't that make smokescreens pretty fucking pointless?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
When you have the first overall pick doesn't that make smokescreens pretty fucking pointless?

They can still play like they want Winston so another team would trade up and they could sit back and enjoy extra draft picks.

It is way to early for them to determine Winston is for them IMO.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:04 am

I would bet any amount of cash that Winston goes 1.01 barring him dropping dead or murdering someone.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:10 pm

I think it's true. I'd guess they'd have been more likely to tout Mariota if they were trying to drum up a better offer as he's generally more sought after from what I've read.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I feel like Mariota is falling in the value column. (or is that the smoke screen this year?) raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Most of what I've read pegs Winston's skills among QB's of the last few years just below Andrew Luck whereas Mariota is below RGIII.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Quote :
Buccaneers fired head coach Lovie Smith.
He went 8-24 in two years with Tampa. Early rumors have the Bucs staying in-house and potentially promoting OC Dirk Koetter to head coach. Smith's defense improved over the course of 2015, but his principles and defensive philosophy seem largely outdated at this stage. Smith's offenses have always been committed to the run -- arguably to a fault -- and that remained the case with the 2015 Bucs. If Koetter does replace Lovie, we wouldn't be surprised to see Jameis Winston turn it loose a bit more.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:34 pm

That offense definitely has pieces of talent for the new coach. Will be interesting to see what they do, bring in an offensive guy to pound that home, or another defensive guy.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:54 am

Being from Chicago... I am full aware that Lovie is a boob... But he didn't deserve to get canned after two seasons in Tampa. He took a 2 win team and made a 6 win team with a rookie QB.

Not sure who Tampa thinks they will attract to coach that train wreck. My guess it's going to be some coordinator promotion, definitely someone that has no head coaching experience.

So I guess the question will be who will be the next coach in two years from now when this next guy fails?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Being from Chicago... I am full aware that Lovie is a boob... But he didn't deserve to get canned after two seasons in Tampa.  He took a 2 win team and made a 6 win team with a rookie QB.

Not sure who Tampa thinks they will attract to coach that train wreck.  My guess it's going to be some coordinator promotion, definitely someone that has no head coaching experience.

So I guess the question will be who will be the next coach in two years from now when this next guy fails?

I'm surprised by the move too. Seemed that they were improving each year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:43 am

Lovie Smith is a terrible head coach.  Not surprised he didn't last long in Tampa

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 am

agree

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:27 am

Does he ever talk? Does he blink?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers   

Back to top Go down