HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Julio Jones WR ATL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 am

Only caught a little over 50% of the targets thrown his way. Every time I sat back and watched a Falcons game for every great play he made he also had a big drop.In college he played like a 4.5 guy but ran great which imo over hyped him. The tape showed only good not great explosion. I think he benefited from the other offensive weapons on Atlanta more than people realize. Looked to me like they fed him the ball a lot early in the season when they could have gone to Turner and probably would have won more.

I see people drafting/paying in auctions for him like he is an elite WR. I just can't justify passing on a player like Jennings for him when I see obvious holes in his game.

(I think this will be a VERY polarizing post. Look forward to comments)
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 am

I think the jury is still out on him. Go look at his team mates first year (R White). Not saying his is going to get it, just dont forget that last year was his rookie season is all. Would def not pass on a stud wr for him, but some will pay for his potential.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Its hard to make a firm and accurate judgement on him after only 1 year in the pros plus missing some time with injury. It will take a couple of years but no matter what I don't think he will ever be worth what they gave up for him.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Like said above he just had his 1st year and some rookies don't even get to play as much as he did. I am sure he will be a whole lot better this season after having a year under his belt.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:33 am

I applaud you wait and see attitude. I just think that AJ Green who put up big numbers while being double covered, with a rookie QB, and a RB who had the worst after contact ypc in the league deserves to be picked/auctioned at the same time as a Jennings or Mike Wallace.

Julio so far is on the rung below. He may take the next step and be up there with the top 10 guys. He may not.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I agree on second tier nature. Would much rather have Green or Jennings. I think Roddy White is on the down slope of his career but still good enough that Julio got single covered a lot. Also think that Falcons will get back to running a bit more.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I see people drafting/paying in auctions for him like he is an elite WR. I just can't justify passing on a player like Jennings for him when I see obvious holes in his game.

Jay, I don't know that I agree with you on this one........yet. I do think he has the potential to be an elite WR in the end.

I think this year was not the best year to evaluate Rookies with shortened camps. I think he played much better at the end of the year. It seemed that he got more on the same page as Ryan.

Elite? Maybe never, but White IS considered an Elite WR. I agree he is on the downside, but Jennings is starting that way too.

White: 100 Rec, 179 Targets, 55.9% 1296 yds 8 TD's
Jennings: 67 Rec, 99 Targets, 67.9% 949 yds 9 TD's, missed 3 games.
Jones: 54 Rec, 95 Targets, 56.8% 959 yds 8 TD's, missed 3 games.

Numbers don't lie, so it is hard for me to say there is a big difference there. If you are going to compare WR, then you also have to look at the QB's. I do not, in any way, put Ryan in the class of Rodgers.

Just my opinion.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 am

So these numbers tell me that Greg Jennings has the best hands of the bunch and if they had both played 17 games based on target percentage the gap in catches between the two would have been wider.

Quote :
If you are going to compare WR, then you also have to look at the QB's. I do not, in any way, put Ryan in the class of Rodgers

But is he in Tom Brady's class? From a numbers standpoint they are neck and neck with Ryan leading in yards at the same point in their careers. My final point is that if you compare QBs you also have to compare receiving groups. There are so many more mouths to feed in GB, which imo makes the targets and target percentage of Jennings even more impressive.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 am

Yes, I agree that right now I would take Jennings over Jones in most leagues. Dynasty league? Not sure there. Jennings may have a higher percentage of catches, but I would argue that looking at White's, Jones was higher. I do not feel that Ryan is as accurate as Brady or Rodgers. It has to be close enough to catch. This year will tell a lot IMO. See how he does with a full camp and another year. If he starts like he ended, it could be something special.

I will be surprised, if he is healthy all year, that Julio is under 90 catches and 1400 yds this year.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 am

Going to be fun debating some of these players with you Jay!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Quote :
Jones (ankle) left Sunday's game after aggravating his ankle injury and did not return. Analysis: Jones finished the day with three receptions for 33 yards, but the ankle injury clearly caused him problems. He'll likely be limited in practice this week, and he could end up as a game-time decision once again in Week 12.

They probably should have just rested him. Fuck.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Jason what do u think now? cheers This guy is amazing.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:15 pm

guy is amazing totally agree... won me a couple leagues on draftstreet

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 am

I agree with you guys, this guy sure does put up some crazy numbers. You know, one in three games that he actually decides to show up.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

I think Julio is only as good as he is because he has Roddy White on his team, along with Tony G and no running game.

Might be different next year with Tony Gonzalez retired and maybe they draft a RB to take over for Turner and then hell in a couple of more years Roddy will leave town. I agree he does have the talent but I also think he is in a really nice situation right now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Falcons fear season-ending injury...

http://news.rotowire.com/Julio-Jones-googid268284-spnfl.htm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 pm

New Berlin Blitzkrieg wrote:
Falcons fear season-ending injury...

http://news.rotowire.com/Julio-Jones-googid268284-spnfl.htm
I saw a blurb earlier today saying he was limping near the X-Ray room but they went on to say they figured he'd be fine after the bye.

If he's really done for the year this really sinks a lot of teams.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Read that tweet too... Thought nothing of it...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah. Was pretty surprised to see the update about it. Actually don't own him anywhere, but always sucks to see a top talent go down.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Wow. Downgrade the whole offence if this is true. It's not too difficult for defences to cover the rest of them for large chunks of time if Julio isn't stretching the field.

I own him nowhere (so that's good I guess) but have Ryan, Gonzo and Roddy in lots of leagues.

unsure 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah I own Ryan in two leagues. A guy like Julio going down has far reaching consequences. (Ala Matt Stafford without Calvin last week.) Not quite as bad but same concept.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm

That would suck.....like the falcons carted off

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Holy fuck man. Someone REALLY doesn't want me to win RWS. Percy Harvin (hip). Danny Amendola (abdomen). Julio Jones. Matt Ryan is now going to not be as good (although he'll probably get a ton of garbage points). Le'Veon Bell (knee). David Wilson (Tom Coughlin/neck/having a dark cloud follow him around). Isaiah Pead (not given any opportunity to do anything, even though I'll continue to say that he is the best talent on that team). Kenny Britt (doghouse/not trying). Nate Burleson (broken hand catching fucking pizza).

I mean fuck man. What the hell.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Quote :
Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones (foot) reportedly broke a screw that was surgically implanted in his foot during his foot surgery before his rookie season in 2011.
Holy shit. Can you imagine the amount of pressure and force it takes to snap a fucking screw in someone's foot? I'm not a doctor but I would be *shocked* if he could come back this year knowing that.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Holy fuck man.  Someone REALLY doesn't want me to win RWS.  Percy Harvin (hip).  Danny Amendola (abdomen).  Julio Jones.  Matt Ryan is now going to not be as good (although he'll probably get a ton of garbage points).  Le'Veon Bell (knee).  David Wilson (Tom Coughlin/neck/having a dark cloud follow him around).  Isaiah Pead (not given any opportunity to do anything, even though I'll continue to say that he is the best talent on that team).  Kenny Britt (doghouse/not trying).  Nate Burleson (broken hand catching  fucking pizza).  

I mean fuck man.  What the hell.    

"One Million Injuries" says Doctor EVIL Puss

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

I hate cats.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Holy fuck man.  Someone REALLY doesn't want me to win RWS.  Percy Harvin (hip).  Danny Amendola (abdomen).  Julio Jones.  Matt Ryan is now going to not be as good (although he'll probably get a ton of garbage points).  Le'Veon Bell (knee).  David Wilson (Tom Coughlin/neck/having a dark cloud follow him around).  Isaiah Pead (not given any opportunity to do anything, even though I'll continue to say that he is the best talent on that team).  Kenny Britt (doghouse/not trying).  Nate Burleson (broken hand catching  fucking pizza).  

LOL at the cat laugh.

Brutal man but let me offer some answers...

Percy is a cunt.
Amendola is concussion Collie's twin brother so you should have bailed before the start of camp.
I said Julio is overrated (and he is) so this may be my fault. Evil laugh 
Matt Ryan is Matt Schaub with better weapons. So fuck him.
Isaah Pead is garbage.
Kenny Britt is twice the cunt Percy is.

I won't bag on Burleson, Bell or Wilson so those three guys are just bad luck for you.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't like your tone, sir!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 pm

I don't like your tone, sir!
my tone was even...my words were ube-cunty though. Laughing 

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm with you on most of your bad luck, but Wilson was way over-hyped, Pead sucks, and Britt didn't even has red flags, he is a human red flag.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh and Amendola got hurt. Also, water is wet.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones (foot) reportedly broke a screw that was surgically implanted in his foot during his foot surgery before his rookie season in 2011.
Holy shit.  Can you imagine the amount of pressure and force it takes to snap a fucking screw in someone's foot?  I'm not a doctor but I would be *shocked* if he could come back this year knowing that.  
Apparently it was titanium. The doctor who put the titanium rod in my leg specifically told me that it would be able to withstand anything but a lightsaber (after I specifically asked him if it would be able to withstand a lightsaber). No idea how a titanium pin can break inside a foot, but I'm now nervous. Hopefully I don't get recruited to the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Julio going off tonight!
How has nobody posted about Julio in 4 years?!?!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Julio going off tonight!
How has nobody posted about Julio in 4 years?!?!

He's been flying under the radar? shrug lol 2  Either poor Gunter is having a hard time hanging with him, or the defense has been missing assignments.  It just seems like Gunter has been the target most of the time.  Definitely a monster game for Julio.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:42 pm

He's a bad, bad man.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Freak, and when he goes off he really goes off. Inconsistent though.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

In Fantasy, this year, yes. A product of Ryan spreading the ball around would be my guess. I do not know if he is actually inconsistent as a receiver though.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

In Fantasy, this year, yes.  A product of Ryan spreading the ball around would be my guess.  I do not know if he is actually inconsistent as a receiver though.
I would vote with Charm City. As with all receivers, I believe that some teams do a better job of covering elite WR's than other teams. In this case, the Packers had no answer for covering him. Their defensive backfield is far from elite.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Charm City Justice wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

In Fantasy, this year, yes.  A product of Ryan spreading the ball around would be my guess.  I do not know if he is actually inconsistent as a receiver though.
I would vote with Charm City. As with all receivers, I believe that some teams do a better job of covering elite WR's than other teams. In this case, the Packers had no answer for covering him. Their defensive backfield is far from elite.

Well yeah, this game was not a good judge for that. We were covering him with a guy that was out 6th corner to begin the season.

I am more talking in fantasy where he only had 9 games out of 16 where he scored more than 7.5 points. Yes, he exploded, but his name carries more than his game. I own Julio in 2 leagues, and he lost me as many games as he won me.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Matt Ryan said he will not force the ball to Julio, so that is why I think he had such an up and down year. So this will definitely hurt him from being a consistent 10+ points per week WR, like AB, Beckham and Evans. But I still think he is one of the top 3/4 WRs in fantasy football

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Matt Ryan said he will not force the ball to Julio, so that is why I think he had such an up and down year.  So this will definitely hurt him from being a consistent 10+ points per week WR, like AB, Beckham and Evans.  But I still think he is one of the top 3/4 WRs in fantasy football

I don't... tongue wink

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

Yah... He good!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julio Jones WR ATL   

Back to top Go down

Julio Jones WR ATL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1