x

Share | 

Ryan Tannehill QB MIA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Combine is almost upon us, I thought we should look at some prospects and I think Tannehill may be a somewhat overlooked steal for the right NFL team.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72020&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

Quote :
02/15/12 - While Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden and Michigan State's Kirk Cousins boosted their stock with strong efforts at the Senior Bowl, Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill remains the most talented senior quarterback in the land and is likely to be the first one drafted. Some believe Tannehill's obvious talent will be enough to land him in the first round, joining redshirt juniors Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III as top 32 picks. Others, including myself, are having a harder time envisioning a quarterback who just 19 collegiate starts at the position as being a first round pick. While I don't include him in my mock draft, I do believe he's among the top 32 talents in this draft. Regardless of where he is ultimately drafted, Tannehill will have to first prove his health, as he underwent surgery recently to repair a broken foot suffered during passing drills at IMG Football Academy in Bradenton, Florida. The injury kept him out of the Senior Bowl and while ESPN's Pat Yasinkas is reporting that Tannehill is now out of the protective boot he was in, Tannehill won't be ready to work out for scouts at the Combine or Texas A&M's scheduled Pro Day March 7. Yasinkas reports that Tannehill is planning to have a Pro Day "in late March" and asked the Aggie quarterback about his recovery timetable. “We’ll come back and push it pretty hard,’’ Tannehill said. “I’m thinking I should be getting close to 100 percent by right after the combine and we’ll really jump into the on-field stuff then to make up for the time I missed and get ready for pro day.’’ - NFLDraftScout.com

Missing the Combine, will it make him the steal?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:59 pm

I think Tanny would have lit up the Combine. He is the 2nd best physical specimen to RGIII in this draft at the QB position. Let's remember that he was a2nd team all Big 12 player at the WR position his sophomore year. He would have tested well and the buzz would have been enormous.

It may work out better for him to not go b/c of the injury. Expectations may be lower coming into the league and his major weakness, a lack of experience, may not be such a huge factor. He needs to hold a clip board for a year.

Back to top Go down
DownUnder Mayhem!

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 am

I know absolutely nothing about this dude, surely he cant come from basically obscurity to an NFL starter, or could he ? raise eyebrow

DownUnder Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Jay, I agree, I have seen Mocks that show him going 2-7 to Washington. I am wondering if they will try to move up for RG3 or risk waiting for Tanny. Will be interesting

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

I'd be disappointed if we ended up taking Tannehill at 6. I think it would be a reach. If they can't trade up, I think they could trade back and still get Tannehill later in the first.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 pm

I think that the teams who passed on a QB last year like Washington or the Seahawks will do anything in their power to get one this year. I like Tanny better than Ponder and Locker and the both ended the season as starters and were drafted (too) early in the first round.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am

Quote :
The Seattle Seahawks made a big production of acquiring Matt Flynn in free agency to battle Tarvaris Jackson for starting quarterback duties, but they wouldn't shy away from adding another arm to the mix.

When Seahawks general manager John Schneider was asked about Texas A&M prospect Ryan Tannehill, his interest was clear:

"He's a really good player and he's got a great upside," Schneider told The News Tribune during a Thursday pre-draft press conference. "We would definitely consider him (at No. 12). Just because we've done these things, the guys know -- it's no disrespect to Tarvaris, or Matt or Josh (Portis) at all."

Schneider told reporters his quarterbacks are prepared for the team to draft a passer in the first or second round, if the right guy is there.

"It's fun to talk about, but I mean (Tannehill's) not going to be there," Schneider said. "You know, I think he's going to get drafted pretty high."

I agree. No way he reaches the 12 spot.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 am

He wont make it past the 8 spot.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't think this kid has what it takes....from what I have seen(being a sooners junkie) this kid folds with pressure.....Gabbert....take 2

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 am

Miami will always suck

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:22 am

It's such an easy story to write.

1) Miami fans go from the prospect of having Manning/Marshall/Wayne offense to Matt Moore/Bess/Hartline offense and freak out.

2) Miami caves to public pressure, and takes a raw QB who needs time to develop with the 8th overall pick.

3) Because of the same public pressure, Miami rushes to insert Tannehill as the starter, and his career is ruined.

4) New front office regime drafts QB in the top 5 in three years.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 am

Yeah if they finish in the bottom do they draft Barkley next year?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Yeah if they finish in the bottom do they draft Barkley next year?

I don't think they're bad enough to be in the bottom, the defense will keep them respectable I think.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

From RotoWorld

Quote :
Dolphins coach Joe Philbin believes the gap between Matt Moore and rookie Ryan Tannehill is "relatively close."
"I don't think it's huge," Philbin allowed after Tannehill racked up nice numbers with the second-team offense in Friday's preseason opener. Moore, who was shaky, praised Tannehill's play. "It's evident and very clear he can play." With David Garrard (knee surgery) likely out of the running in the Dolphins' three-man race, Moore is the front-runner, but the Dolphins could decide the future is now with Tannehill if Moore doesn't separate himself in the next two preseason games.

From the highlights I saw, looked good. Granted, not against starters.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 am

There is a lot to like about Ryan. He is a good enough athlete to be one of the leading WR's at A&M before he won the QB job. He has a pretty good arm and his accuracy is improving. He has a good head on his shoulders. Mike Sherman loves the kid and will do the right thing by him. He has better tools than Locker, Ponder, and Gabbert from the draft last year. They all are starters in the league.

The knock on him is that he doesn't have experience at QB but playing against Big 12 defenses and 2 bowl games is pretty decent. Joe Flacco had a ton more starts but against inferior competition. Do the starts matter if you aren't playing against any players who will be in the NFL?

I think he will have a very tough year for the same reason Aikman did his first year. No offensive weapons. They will regret trading Marshal, warts and all, big time when they realize how much better this kid would be with a legitimate receiving threat or three.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 am

I agree that they'll regret trading Marshall. At least Tannehill can throw the ball to himself?

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Quote :
Head coach Joe Philbin on Monday named rookie Ryan Tannehill the Dolphins' Week 1 starting quarterback.

It was the obvious choice after David Garrard's knee scope, followed by Matt Moore's back-to-back poor preseason performances. The No. 8 overall pick in the draft, Tannehill has displayed a quick release, strong decision making (0 turnovers), and in-pocket composure through two exhibition appearances. While Miami's weak supporting cast will limit Tannehill's 2012 fantasy appeal, he's a player to track closely in Dynasty leagues. He has good arm strength and athleticism, and that's a recipe for long-term fantasy success once the Dolphins acquire better wide receivers.

impressive to already be named the #1 QB. So it is a 3 QB race now with RGiii/Luck/Tannehill

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Head coach Joe Philbin on Monday named rookie Ryan Tannehill the Dolphins' Week 1 starting quarterback.

It was the obvious choice after David Garrard's knee scope, followed by Matt Moore's back-to-back poor preseason performances. The No. 8 overall pick in the draft, Tannehill has displayed a quick release, strong decision making (0 turnovers), and in-pocket composure through two exhibition appearances. While Miami's weak supporting cast will limit Tannehill's 2012 fantasy appeal, he's a player to track closely in Dynasty leagues. He has good arm strength and athleticism, and that's a recipe for long-term fantasy success once the Dolphins acquire better wide receivers.

impressive to already be named the #1 QB. So it is a 3 QB race now with RGiii/Luck/Tannehill

Weeden?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeesh, this seems early for someone who is so new to the position. I'm glad to have another QB starting option in this league right out of the gate, but I hope it doesn't ruin him long term.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Quote :
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports Ryan Tannehill is "50-50" to start at the Colts Sunday after having his knee drained twice this week. Analysis: Tannehill was officially limited in Thursday's practice after handling all of the first-team reps in the media access portion. He had his knee drained before and after practice. Beat writers have been optimistic about Tannehill's chances of playing, though Cole has inside info as a former Dolphins beat man himself. The Tannehill-Matt Moore decision could come down to a game-time call.

I think he ends up playing.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

If they're not giving Moore any 1st team reps, pretty good sign they are going to play him. I'm probably starting him this week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Quote :
A source told CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that Ryan Tannehill may lack job security entering 2014.
Analysis: Unbelievable. Tannehill is the least of the Dolphins' problems and very arguably their biggest strength, so the notion of him losing his job is yet another reminder of the continued dysfunction in Miami. "(Coach Joe Philbin) definitely wants to push Tannehill more," said the source, who spoke to Philbin about his quarterbacks, "and if he doesn't see improvement he said he might go to (Matt) Moore at some point. He definitely has a lot of faith in Moore, and they're paying him a lot of money." This is a team that should be looking to prop up Tannehill with significant offensive line upgrades, not put his job on the line in favor of a journeyman-type career backup in Moore. Tannehill absorbed a league-high 58 sacks in 2013. This has been a troubling offseason in Miami, to say the least.

While it's not secret I'm not a Tannehill fan I do feel like Moore would be a step back.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Quote :
The Miami Dolphins are considering a quarterback change this week. A change is not certain but coaches are meeting this afternoon to weigh whether benching starter Ryan Tannehill in favor of reserve Matt Moore is the right decision to make in the run up to Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders, multiple sources are saying. HC Joe Philbin dodged multiple questions today on the topic. When asked if Tannehill will start against the Raiders next Sunday, he declined on every single occasion to say Tannehill would continue to be Miami's quarterback.

Analysis: Remember when the Dolphins beat the Patriots in Week 1? Two weeks and two losses later, Miami could be considering Moore, although OC Bill Lazor was quick to say Tannehill would get the call against Oakland in Week 4. The Dolphins have a bye the following week, making then the common-sense time to make a move if they are going to do so. With that said, Tannehill should get a bit more time in a new offense to make his mark.

Wow.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 pm

drama

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm

I had very high hopes for this kid.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Lotsa people did. I've seen guys trade small fortunes for him in 2QB leagues.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

I traded him in this league, I forget what I got. I think I got a 1st. I remember not feeling great about trading him, but I needed help at other positions.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Looks like I traded him and $13 WB to Bob for 1.10. Took Cody Latimer. Bob has since flipped him to San Fran for a 3rd and Dwayne Allen.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Quote :
Utah Spazz gave up Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB
Baja Beatniks gave up Weatherspoon, Sean ATL LB

Spazz didn't like him either.  That was last year.  

This year...

Adelaide Empire gave up :

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB;
Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.02; (Kony Ealy)
$13.00 in blind bidding

Decatur Demons gave up

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.10 (Cody Latimer)

Bob didn't really want him either though apparently.

San Francisco Golddiggers gave up

Allen, Dwayne IND TE;
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.01; (Donte Moncrief)
$25.00 in blind bidding

Decatur Demons gave up
Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Of course somewhat unrelated Bob also traded away Ruben Randle and the 3.01 (Donte Moncrief) for Tavon Austin and the 5.02.  (Which he traded for earlier and then traded away and then traded back for again.)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 pm

You had posted again while I was writing my post but fuck it. Mine has more info.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

I never understood why some people touted him so much...he never looked like anything to me.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 am

I wouldn't exactly call the verdict on this one yet but he certainly hasn't progressed as one would like.
Rollercoaster for me on this in GLDL - Traded away RG3 for Tanny + pieces. Was worried after the trade.
Then RG3 sucked and then got injured so was happy. Now back to concerned again Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Quote :
The Miami Herald reports Joe Philbin has apologized to the team for denying to commit publicly to Ryan Tannehill as the team's quarterback.
Analysis: As bad as Tannehill has played, it was a poor choice to refuse to defend his quarterback to the media and continue to give Tannehill all the first team reps. Apparently, the players were making jokes in the locker room about the situation, and Tannehill has said it was a distraction. It seems Philbin is dangerously close to being shown the door in Miami. At least, fantasy owners now know that Tannehill is indeed the starter for Week 4.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 am

Looks like Tannehill is growing roots in Miami--

One source told Sun-Sentinel's Dave Hyde the Dolphins are discussing a contract extension that could pay Ryan Tannehill $105 million over seven seasons.
Even if the deal doesn't come to fruition, Hyde is confident the Dolphins would at least pick up Tannehill's option for 2016. Deals of this length tend to frighten people, but often only the first two years are guaranteed. Colin Kaepernick and Andy Dalton signed similar contracts last offseason. Not that Tannehill wouldn't be worth the money. His 66.4 percent completion percentage in 2014 was fifth-best in the NFL. Tannehill turns 27 in July.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Just signed an extension through 2020.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon May 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Wilson throws his ipad (sorry surface pro) against the wall...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Tue May 19, 2015 9:28 am

Dolphins are going to have the same issue the Lions would have had with Suh... Tons of cash tied up in just a few players... Dolphins now just need to pay a WR a crazy amount and they'll be in the same boat.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Tue May 19, 2015 9:47 am

I'm liking the Fins offense so far... Tannehill should have a career year..

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 am

Good signing by Miami. His ceiling isn't elite but his floor is high enough so that Miami should be able to make the playoffs. Suh on the other hand is ridiculously overpriced.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Thu May 21, 2015 12:02 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Good signing by Miami. His ceiling isn't elite but his floor is high enough so that Miami should be able to make the playoffs. Suh on the other hand is ridiculously overpriced.

Agreed..... I think I mentioned someplace that the whole Suh contract and all reminds me of Albert Haynesworth... I don't think Suh is near as lazy if lazy at all but I just get this feel the result will be the same...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:05 pm

If I'm a Tannehill owner then this is the shit that terrifies me:

Quote :
It was an extremely tense week in London surrounding the Miami Dolphins prior to them being embarrassed by the New York Jets and subsequently firing coach Joe Philbin upon their return to the United States.

Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been getting rattled even in practice sessions.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.

The frustration for Tannehill stemmed from the entire situation as well as the Dolphins haven’t won a game since the season-opener. Tannehill is an extremely competitive person, and the struggles of the offense have angered him significantly.

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

However, that didn’t prove to be an effective strategy.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Not just about Tannehill but does mostly focus on him.  Of course I'm biased as an owner and it's the kind of stuff I want to see/believe about him.  I appreciated the long ball accuracy chart enough to think somebody else might, too.

The Mike Wallace Effect

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 pm

If only you got fantasy points for putting balls on the money that were dropped. Ahhh what a wonderful world that would be.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:13 pm

If only we could predict future success based solely on past fantasy scoring. Ahhh what a wonderful world that would be. tongue

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
If only we could predict future success based solely on past fantasy scoring.  Ahhh what a wonderful world that would be. tongue

Wait a minute?!? Isn't that how this whole thing works??

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Tannehill could learn a lot from Allen about getting rid of the ball.....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:44 am

There are times when Tanny looks like an average NFL QB. There are also times where he looks like he has never played football before.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:57 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
There are times when Tanny looks like an average NFL QB. There are also times where he looks like he has never played football before.

You mean like 50% of the NFL starting QB's? I'm afraid this is state of the NFL at the moment. Not many sure fire starters out there. Let alone in a Two QB league. Better to have some options on your roster.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:

Damn!  The drop back looked fine.  He held the ball high as he dropped back, that looked fine too.  But the 2-handed throw?  I didn't even expect that and my wife wanted to know what I was laughing at on the computer.   rofl ROTFLMAO ROFL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Tannehill QB MIA   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Tannehill QB MIA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: