:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:06 pm

He isn't worth a 1st round pick anymore?

run for the hills

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm

P.U.P.!

P.U.P.!

P.U.P.!

duckhunt

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Gronk will be out for the season soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 am

Quote :
Gronkowski is said to be doing very well in his recovery from back and forearm surgeries and is thought to be on track for a mid-September return, the Boston Herald reports. Analysis: The report suggests that Gronkowski is healed and progressing to the point that he could be close to playing in Week 1, but a more realistic timetable for him to be in "football shape" and truly ready to suit up might be at, or around, Week 3. In any case, the estimate supports the notion put forth earlier in the day suggesting that it was "not realistic" to expect Gronkowski to play in Week 1
Baddabing.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 am

I thought it was funny when there was "news" the other day that he was not going be ready Week 1. Many of the beat writers around Boston think he's probably starting on PUP. I think it's probably 50/50. The question is if the "expect" him to be ready Week 3-ish, do they just say screw it, and put him on PUP to make sure and to get the roster spot? They're looking like they might carry a lot of TE's, so PUP is definitely possible.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 am

Quote :
New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm, back) is 50-50 to play this week, according to sources.
Even if he plays do you start him?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Quote :
Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports Rob Gronkowski's (back, arm) outlook is "not optimistic" for Week 4 at Atlanta. Analysis: The Patriots are 3-0 and can afford to hold Gronkowski out until he's absolutely 100 percent. He clearly isn't yet. PFT passes along speculation that Gronk's back is no longer the "primary impediment," but his several-times-infected forearm may still be.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports Rob Gronkowski's (back, arm) outlook is "not optimistic" for Week 4 at Atlanta. Analysis: The Patriots are 3-0 and can afford to hold Gronkowski out until he's absolutely 100 percent. He clearly isn't yet. PFT passes along speculation that Gronk's back is no longer the "primary impediment," but his several-times-infected forearm may still be.
Love this shit.

Quote :
The Boston Globe suggests that as of Friday, Gronkowski (back/forearm, questionable) is expected to play Sunday night against the Falcons. Analysis: While this report represents the most optimistic take out there with regards to Gronkowski's Week 4 status, with the Patriots kicking off at 8:30 ET on Sunday, we'd still like the notion to be reinforced and/or confirmed -- one way or the other -- as the game approaches. With that in mind, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, the team downgrades leading up to Sunday's road game.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:45 pm

another example of the overly optimistic reports by the good little homers at the Boston Globe!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:44 pm

OUT

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:49 pm

OUT
Of course he is! laughing 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 am

Quote :
Updating an ongoing story, New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski's (forearm, back) representatives have serious concern over the health of his left forearm. Multiple industry sources said his arm might have recovered properly on its own if he hadn't had a plate surgically implanted into his arm to return to the field last season. A source said there is serious concern over the integrity of the bone and surrounding nerves near the plate. There are also concerns that an abscess developed following the surgery that caused an infection and weakened the bone. Gronkowski's family and representatives were made aware of the issues and advised him to hold off on returning until it could be determined if the bone had fully healed. This led to the decision to have Dr. James Andrews evaluate him.
Oh shit.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Starting to think he's not gonna play this year...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:30 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Starting to think he's not gonna play this year...
Welcome aboard the "Gronk is overrated" bus. Even if you are only gonna hang out for this season you can ride shotgun cuz I am all by myself. One day though, other will try to board and that will end like this...

steamroller 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Not sure about overrated, when healthy he is a beast... The problem is it isn't looking very promising that he will ever stay healthy...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Not sure about overrated,   when healthy he is a beast...   The problem is it isn't looking very promising that he will ever stay healthy...
Weird how all of the homer local news outlets are saying that Gronkowski isn't playing this week. I thought it was their job to be hopeful and say he was going to play and be super awesome? ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Quote :
According to the Boston Globe, Rob Gronkowski's (arm surgeries) return date is "mostly up to Gronkowski" because the Patriots have cleared him to play. Analysis: Gronk's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, uses Dr. James Andrews for second opinions, however, and Andrews has not cleared Gronkowski to play. Therefore, Gronk isn't playing almost strictly on his own volition. It's an odd series of events because Andrews is not an expert on arm injuries; he's a knee surgeon. The Patriots are currently 31st in the NFL in red-zone scoring, so they need red-zone beast Gronkowski.
Well that's an exceptionally interesting twist. Is he afraid?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Quote :
According to the Boston Globe, Rob Gronkowski's (arm surgeries) return date is "mostly up to Gronkowski" because the Patriots have cleared him to play. Analysis: Gronk's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, uses Dr. James Andrews for second opinions, however, and Andrews has not cleared Gronkowski to play. Therefore, Gronk isn't playing almost strictly on his own volition. It's an odd series of events because Andrews is not an expert on arm injuries; he's a knee surgeon. The Patriots are currently 31st in the NFL in red-zone scoring, so they need red-zone beast Gronkowski.
Well that's an exceptionally interesting twist.  Is he afraid?
There's some really odd reporting going on here. I can't find anyone who is saying that Gronkowski has seen Andrews, or even that Andrews has looked at his x-rays or MRI's or something. This is the Globe article Rotoworld is referencing:

Quote :

ESPN reported Friday that Gronkowski hadn’t received clearance to play by his hand-picked medical team of Dr. James Andrews, who consulted on Gronkowski’s last arm surgery, and orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jesse Jupiter, who performed the surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.

A league source told the Globe Friday that the decision to return to the field is mostly up to Gronkowski, and the team is understanding of that. The team has cleared Gronkowski to return, and Gronkowski’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, uses Andrews for many of his second opinions. But in this case, Andrews is not an expert in forearm injuries and will likely not be the one to clear Gronkowski to play again, according to the league source.

Gronkowski’s camp has advised the tight end to be cautious and listen to the advice of Andrews, but Andrews won’t be the one who says go play, the source said.
So according to the Globe, he has not been cleared yet by Andrews, who, as he is not an expert in "forearms" (whatever the fuck that means), will not likely be the one to clear him. But his agent uses him to clear people.

Good job Globe.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:28 pm

The word around NE is that the family is holding him back from playing because they don't think he should've played when he did last time, and they generally have a mistrust of the NE doctor now, some guy named Gill, who performed the surgery that gave him the infection.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it. He'll be back, I don't need all the ins and outs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
The word around NE is that the family is holding him back from playing because they don't think he should've played when he did last time, and they generally have a mistrust of the NE doctor now, some guy named Gill, who performed the surgery that gave him the infection.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it. He'll be back, I don't need all the ins and outs.
I find it pretty interesting. Especially since he's one of the premier players in the NFL. It is also a little reassuring to know that his back isn't really an issue currently (at least that's what it sounds like.)

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

I find it pretty interesting.  Especially since he's one of the premier players in the NFL.  It is also a little reassuring to know that his back isn't really an issue currently (at least that's what it sounds like.)
What I don't get is that, supposedly, the family is worried about the "integrity" of the arm, and that it could rebreak. Yet, he's running around fully participating in practice. They do have some contact in practice, and you don't even need to get hit to break your arm; he broke it last time hitting the ground. If they're really worried about his arm, WTF is he practicing for?

Some local beat writers are saying that players have told them that Gronk is doing everything in practice that everyone else is, and has been for a few weeks, which is why ever week the reports are that he'll play, but then he/his agent/his family/whatever supposedly give it a red light later in the week.

Pretty confusing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm

As the most anti-Gronk person wandering the fantasy landscape, this is just more fuel to my "Gronk will never actually live up to the legend" fire. Whether his arm hurts or his back hurts or his vagina hurts makes no difference to me...dude can crush it but if he isn't playing then he isn't worth spit.

That said, because of all that if I were in his camp I would want him to make absolutely sure he was rock solid before returning and assume that is what they are doing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 am

Quote :
Gronkowski (back/forearm) has been cleared by his doctors to play in Sunday's game against the Jets, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: That's per the tight end's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, but given the way Gronkowski has reportedly looked at practice, it looks like he'll be a go for Sunday's game. Of course, until both Gronkowski and the team confirm his status, it will be worth tracking up until the team's 1:00 ET kickoff.
HE HATH RETURNED UNTO US!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:48 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Awesome! clap 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:56 am

I need 100% confirmation but kind of excited since I grabbed him with the last pick in a couple snake draft weekly games.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:03 am

Don't get too excited... He still has to make it to the game... Big dufus could always bust his shit on Saturday night out at the club, doing the white guy dance!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:35 am

Torn ACL.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:46 am

Torn ACL.

Is anybody really surprised? The guy has world class ability but he was injury prone in college and that has continued in the pros... Gronkowski being hurt and missing games is beyond a trend at this point, it is just a given. He doesn't seem to be a fast healer either... at this point it seems doubtful that he would be back for the start of next season... Glad I have always made it a point to steer clear of owning him in all my leagues.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Tough break.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:03 pm

The worst part of this injury is it really comes back to the bullshit rule changes that the NFL has put in place about hitting defenseless players up high... Most of the safeties (not named Merriweather) are more worried about going up high and getting a BS penalty called so they are hitting lower, and the problems with that are obvious, this injury is the result of that! Wouldn't be surprised if these idiots now try to come up with something even more retarded like a strike zone for where you can hit a guy, which will be almost impossible for defenders given the speed of the game... That would be another step towards essentially turning tackle football into two hand touch... that is where things may be headed...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

The worst part of this injury is it really comes back to the bullshit rule changes that the NFL has put in place about hitting defenseless players up high...   Most of the safeties (not named Merriweather) are more worried about going up high and getting a BS penalty called so they are hitting lower,    and the problems with that are obvious,  this injury is the result of that!    Wouldn't be surprised if these idiots now try to come up with something even more retarded like a strike zone for where you can hit a guy,   which will be almost impossible for defenders given the speed of the game...   That would be another step towards essentially turning tackle football into two hand touch...  that is where things may be headed...

I actually heard Palmer of ESPN say that exact thing yesterday. A strike zone?!?!? WTF is next. How to take a sport and neuter it. Maybe the solution is make a gaming system with Ultra Extreme Power. Place all the players in Virtual Reality Sim Booths. Line 11 booths up across from 11 booths at mid-field. Players enter the booth, do there thing and get subbed out when needed. Thus, no one can actually gets hurt. They are all in lil bubbles playing the latest version of Madden basically. I'm sure the cost will only go up (as usual) and injuries will go down. Money will be made, and long time health will be achieved. What a Utopia!!!  sick 

Welcome to the NNFL.  doh 

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Torn ACL.

Is anybody really surprised?  The guy has world class ability but he was injury prone in college and that has continued in the pros...    Gronkowski being hurt and missing games is beyond a trend at this point,  it is just a given.

This is the definition of a bad luck injury, has nothing to do with being "prone."

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I remember after the Dustin Keller injury, someone from the NFL (forget who) said that they were going to collect data this year and if there was evidence that the new rules were leading to an uptick in lower body injuries, the Competitition Committee would consider taking action. I think I read something the other day that said there were 53 plays lost for ACL injures this year. Gronk, Atkins, Sam Bradford, Reggie Wayne, Sidney Rice, Pouncey...I think we'll probably see something happen.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 pm

All this tinkering the NFL is doing under the guise of making the sport safer is a very slippery slope! The sport is physical and inherently unsafe by its very nature... it just isn't possible to make it safe without changing the game, probably at the expense of the game's integrity.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:36 pm

All this tinkering the NFL is doing under the guise of making the sport safer is a very slippery slope!   The sport is physical and inherently unsafe by its very nature...  it just isn't possible to make it safe without changing the game,  probably at the expense of the game's integrity.

People have been saying this since they made it illegal to sneeze on quarterbacks. Guess what -> more popular than ever.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
All this tinkering the NFL is doing under the guise of making the sport safer is a very slippery slope!   The sport is physical and inherently unsafe by its very nature...  it just isn't possible to make it safe without changing the game,  probably at the expense of the game's integrity.

People have been saying this since they made it illegal to sneeze on quarterbacks. Guess what -> more popular than ever.

Thats not the point, I didn't say the game was going to be less popular, just that the integrity of the game is being compromised by this kind of tinkering, which it is.  coffee 

However, it is a slippery slope that could lead to a decline for the game if the NFL is not careful.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:21 pm

I think the hit on Gronk is just exactly how 95% of DBs would hit Gronk. Guy is a clydesdale. Gotta hit him low to take him down when he's moving full speed and outweighs you by 65 pounds. That's how DBs are taught to attack a big guy all the way back to pee-wee football. And 95+% of the time, Gronk pops up from that no problem, just happened to get nailed in the worst possible spot. Just a garbage luck injury imho.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:10 am

Quote :
According to coach Bill Belichick, Gronkowski (knee) has been medically cleared to play, the Patriots' official site reports. Analysis: Gronkowski's recovery from the torn ACL and MCL that he suffered last Dec. 8 has evidently gone smoothly and he'll avoid placement on the Patriots' PUP list to start training camp. After working with the team's medical staff (as opposed to on-field activities) during the team's OTAs and mini-camp, we'd expect the Patriots to ease Gronkowski back into action as camp progresses, but in the absence of any setbacks, Wednesday's news puts the star tight end in line to be available for Week 1.

But how long will he make it this year?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm

I would guess his is hurt again and out in less than half the year, by game 8 at the latest...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Hopefully he's learned to not be quite so reckless with his body. Tough trait to stop though.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:17 pm

hehe 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
hehe 

Crash and burn Mike, he'll crash and burn.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
hehe 

Crash and burn Mike, he'll crash and burn.

hehe 

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Greatest of all time?? 

God damn right I would give him that title.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:46 am

Safety Mike Mitchell says that Gronkowski is successful “when people don’t put their hands on him” and linebacker Ryan Shazier said that the Steelers don’t plan on giving him that kind of welcome to the 2015 season.

“You just have to jam him up a little bit, mess with his timing,” Shazier said, via ESPN.com. “If you mess up their timing, they are really time-oriented. You have to mess up their timing and get in his face with pressure, then I feel we can slow him down a little bit.”

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:51 am

He is a disgusting beast. What a freak show. Every time I watch him I am in more awe than the last. But how does he get that open? I mean, how do they not have a guy within 5 yards of him on 2 separate occasions?

Edelman can hurt you, Gronk can kill you.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:52 am

Steelers have a young, and looks like pretty dumb, secondary. He was just uncovered several times, including his first touchdown. Brady was flipping out for the center to snap the ball when he noticed.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:53 am

That's 54 touchdowns in his last 58 games.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   

Back to top Go down

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: