x

Share | 

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:02 am

This guy is just crazy good!  Nobody, and I mean bobody, can cover this guy!!  Period!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:07 am

I just don't understand it. I remember defenses using 2 defenders to actually jam Tony Gonzalez at the line a few years back. Why in the world every team doesn't do this to Gronk is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I just don't understand it. I remember defenses using 2 defenders to actually jam Tony Gonzalez at the line a few years back. Why in the world every team doesn't do this to Gronk is beyond me.

Not only that, but there were several plays in last nights game where the Steelers didn't even account for him in their coverage scheme at all! Mind boggling... And then on the one touchdown they got caught trying to cover him one on one with a LB when motioned out wide, that is never going to work!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:50 am

good luck matching up with Gronk and Chandler at the goal line.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 pm

That hit did not look good. He could be out for a while. Hopefully not, he is fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Not good. Not good at all. I hate seeing this. I don't like the Patriots one bit, but Gronk is arguably the best of all time, and I can't help but root for those guys. It's a shame to see him go down so much.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:18 am

Terrible loss for the Patriots...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:33 am

Quote :
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning, per source. "We think he is going to be ok," per source.

If he comes through this and only misses a week or two that'd be pretty great luck for him and the Pats.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Yeah sounds like it's minor. Extremely happy with the news.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Now they are saying multiple weeks. They keep going back and forth.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Well 1-3 weeks is multiple weeks. Scheffter said that he'd be "week to week."

If the Patriots can hold on to a bye week, there's plenty of time to get him healthy before the playoffs. That's all that I really care about.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 am

If I'm the Patriots I'd sit him for at least a few weeks. I think that getting a healthy Gronk back for the playoffs is more important than a playoff bye. But, this is the NFL, and money rules, so going for the revenue of a home game or two may factor into this analysis.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Quote :
Gronkowski (knee) and the Patriots released a joint statement saying that the tight end will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, without any specific timetable for a return, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports. Analysis: The statement doesn't offer much of value, simply saying that Gronkowski's readiness to return will be evaluated in the days or hours leading up to each game. The Patriots likely don't want opponents to have a good idea as to when the tight end might actually return, though it's also quite possible that there just isn't a clear timetable. In any case, Gronkowski doesn't seem likely to play in Sunday's game

So apparently it's just a bruised knee? So it would just be a pain tolerance thing if there's no real damage.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 pm

I don't believe a word that comes out of the Patriots organization. It's probably an ACL and they are doing some crazy futuristic surgery that will give him a bionic knee.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Don't play him until/unless the top 2 seed is in danger.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Lost Gronk and Graham all over the place last week. It is sad when you are looking for Scott Chandler when making waiver claims

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I don't believe a word that comes out of the Patriots organization. It's probably an ACL and they are doing some crazy futuristic surgery that will give him a bionic knee.

I also dont think you can trust what you are hearing. It is safest to assume the worst and that Gronk wont play this year from a fantasy standpoint imho

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Don't like Gronk for some reason, have had a lot of big injuries to my teams this year, so with my hatred for all things Boston, and not being a Gronk-a-holic, I am liking this injury. Plus, I got Chandler in some league and he may now be quasi relevant.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 am

Quote :
Rob Gronkowski has been selected as the cover star for Madden 17.
He follows in the recent footsteps of Odell Beckham, Richard Sherman and, infamously, Peyton Hillis. The supposed "Madden curse" has died in recent years, with Beckham and Sherman both enjoying All-Pro type seasons during their years shifting videogame units. Another "Summer of Gronk" is upon us.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri May 13, 2016 8:12 am

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat May 14, 2016 7:34 am

I hope the madden curse doesn't affect him this year. I will be pissed, because he is one of my key offensive players this year.

It's crazy how real the madden curse is. I don't usually believe in that kind of stuff, but seeing it happen with regularity the last few years......Has me really worried

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat May 14, 2016 10:17 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I hope the madden curse doesn't affect him this year.  I will be pissed, because he is one of my key offensive players this year.

It's crazy how real the madden curse is.  I don't usually believe in that kind of stuff, but seeing it happen with regularity the last few years......Has me really worried

Feel like that silly curse was put to bed the last few years.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 1:14 am

The "Madden Curse" didn't hit Fitz, Brees, Calvin, Sherman, or OBJ... It's officially dead... Until it's not lol

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 11:03 am

What kind of self respecting man twerks on national television? Fuck Gronk, what a tool bag... vote no

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
What kind of self respecting man twerks on national television?    Fuck Gronk,  what a tool bag...  vote no

Let's take this statement one step further ... What kind of man, period ... twerks in the privacy of his own home when know one is watching?

To do it on TV before an audience just compounds the act. loser

coffee

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
What kind of self respecting man twerks on national television?    Fuck Gronk,  what a tool bag...  vote no

Let's take this statement one step further ... What kind of man, period ... twerks in the privacy of his own home when know one is watching?

To do it on TV before an audience just compounds the act.  loser

coffee

Agreed and couldn't have said it better myself...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Not me. We need more Gronk.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

He looks like he's about to drop a deuce on Steve Harveys shoes.

wink

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sun May 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Steve did back up pretty quick lmao

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 am

He's a "Beast"...

Quote :
According to the Boston Globe's Ben Volin, Rob Gronkowski has been "incredible" through five days of Patriots camp.
Just Gronk being Gronk. Quipped Volin, "(Gronkowski) has been absolutely dominant at practice, to the point that we hope it doesn’t ruin the confidence of Patrick Chung or Jordan Richards, the poor saps who have been forced to cover him." This is to be expected, of course. Squarely in his prime at age 27, Gronkowski enters the 2016 season with 29 touchdowns over his last 35 games.  

lol3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 am

Yeah, Gronk is freak nasty. I'm sick of seeing him dominate though, especially when I don't own 1 share of him. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Rob Gronkowski left Monday's practice early after "pulling up" attempting to catch a pass.
Quote :
We normally wait three days before blurbing a training camp injury, but this being Gronk, the questions will start almost immediately. Thus far, there's been zero indication the issue — if there is any — is serious, but we won't know for sure until Tuesday's practice. If the Pats provide an "update" between now and then, it will be decidedly vague.

Own zero shares of Gronk, and I hate the way Gronk owners are so arrogant about him. Would love if he started on the PUP. HAHA. Just kidding, I like watching him. Or am I kidding?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Rob Gronkowski left Monday's practice early after "pulling up" attempting to catch a pass.
Quote :
We normally wait three days before blurbing a training camp injury, but this being Gronk, the questions will start almost immediately. Thus far, there's been zero indication the issue — if there is any — is serious, but we won't know for sure until Tuesday's practice. If the Pats provide an "update" between now and then, it will be decidedly vague.

Own zero shares of Gronk, and I hate the way Gronk owners are so arrogant about him. Would love if he started on the PUP. HAHA. Just kidding, I like watching him. Or am I kidding?

laughing I'll admit, when I saw his name on the top of the list, I was like Oh, Oh. What happened to him now? I know he's had some serious injuries in years past. He has been healthy the past 2 seasons so I figured that was all behind him now.

One thing I've noticed about him getting tackled is that because he's such a beast, he seems to get tackled awkwardly as there are several guys jumping on top of him and sometimes pulling him down backwards.

No shares of Gronk for me either. I do enjoy watching him as he appears to be a man among boys sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Did not fly with the team to Arizona.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Sigh... Not the week to be without him, especially with Eifert out. I think this may give Piggys the edge this week...

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:52 pm

I will never get the people who draft him in the first round.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm going against him in almost half my leagues this week. Makes up for the fact that I have him in RWTC

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 pm

A source tells NFL Network's Mike Garofolo that Rob Gronkowski (hamstring) is "not right," and that his injury has "not come along like they thought it would."
Quote :
Garofolo described his source as someone "semi-connected" to Gronk who could not believe how little attention the All-Pro tight end's injury was getting. Gronk's lack of production — one catch in two games — certainly lends credence to the notion that he's still far from 100 percent, but Gronk's playing time did spike in Week 4, even though he ran routes on only 13 of his 41 snaps. It's been hard to gauge Gronk's game with Jacoby Brissett under center. Tom Brady's return for Sunday's game against the Browns makes Week 5 our first real Gronk appearance of the season. This will be the game to judge him on.

Uh ohhhhhhhh.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:03 pm

As seen below a pic of a healthy Gronk, seen about as often as a Groundhog.

The more often seen Gronk, usually seen between Sept to Dec each year. A look of pain and anguish covers his face.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm not surprised by this.  I remember them talking about his injury in the offseason and everyone was very secretive about it, and then it quickly dropped from the news.  I'd have to go back and check but I remember thinking that the news about this was very peculiar.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Well this explains why he has sucked so far. Or maybe he hasn't had a real QB yet...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Sources: #Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski suffered what is believed to be a punctured lung on Sunday vs. #Seahawks. But could miss just one game.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Which means multiple weeks. Oh no!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Just when my team started hitting its stride.... God Damn Earl Thomas! Mad Mad

Hopefully it's only 1 week.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Dang it! It has to be the week I play Brad that he is out! Oh well, shit happens like that....

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:21 am

Dang it!  It has to be the week I play Brad that he is out!  Oh well, shit happens like that....

good to have depth! coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:37 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Dang it!  It has to be the week I play Brad that he is out!  Oh well, shit happens like that....

Yeah, with that large roster you will be fine. Probably have like 8-9 good TE's.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah, with that large roster you will be fine. Probably have like 8-9 good TE's.

Plus, now there's news that maybe he is not as hurt as originally reported.  Or maybe he is.   It's really hard to make decisions like this.  

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:47 am

Oh I have the depth to fill in for him, but nobody, and I mean nobody, has the depth to replace a top player and their high production

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Gronkowski TE NEP   

Back to top Go down

Rob Gronkowski TE NEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: