Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:09 pm

They'll always be the "CHEFS" to me .... coffee 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Ugghh, they pulled another stinker out of their ass against an extremely mediocre Bills team playing an undrafted FA rookie 3rd string QB! Pathetic, if their defense hadn't been given a couple of gifts they probably wouldn't have pulled this one out.... yet I still hear some people talking about them as if they are for real?!

Smoke and mirrors and a lot of luck... this team is slightly above average at best...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Think that takes it a little far. They are a good team, not great, but that Defense is pretty solid. Think they will make more noise than you are giving them credit for. Of course, the two Denver games will really spell it out.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Really? Go back and look at their schedule up to this point, they haven't played anybody up to this point and they almost lost to Cleveland last week and probably should have lost today... They are playing a last place schedule and they have been lucky to play 5 teams in a row who have been forced to start backup QBs.... its just uncanny how after getting none of the bounces last year, they are getting all the bounces this year! But that is all it is... smoke and mirrors and good luck, I can't see this team as an actual contender... They have a decent defense, but their schedule has made them look alot better than they actually are. They won't be stopping teams like Denver or New England or Indy....

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Really?   Go back and look at their schedule up to this point,  they haven't played anybody up to this point and they almost lost to Cleveland last week and probably should have lost today...   They are playing a last place schedule and they have been lucky to play 5 teams in a row who have been forced to start backup QBs....  its just uncanny how after getting none of the bounces last year,  they are getting all the bounces this year!   But that is all it is...   smoke and mirrors and good luck,    I can't see this team as an actual contender...  They have a decent defense,  but their schedule has made them look alot better than they actually are.   They won't be stopping teams like Denver or New England or Indy....    
So, using that logic, then, SEA is average at best.

The two teams they have beaten that are over .500 are the 49ers and CAR. They damn near lose to the 0-7 Bucs AT HOME.

It's the NFL. Any given Sunday. As long as you get a win in this league you take it. It's very hard to judge a team on the level of their competition as any team can beat any other any week.

The Jags will beat someone this year, it's almost as hard to go 0-16 as it is 16-0. Does that mean the team that loses to them just sucks? Maybe, maybe not.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

The Seahawks have their own issues but they have nothing to do with my thoughts about the Chiefs... I am very specifically talking about the Chiefs, and it is a fact that they have not played or beaten a good team up to this point, and they have unprecedentedly faced backup QBs in 5 straight games! And even with that schedule they have had some close games that they could have or should have lost. It is my opinion that this team being 9-0 is all smoke and mirrors... I think they are improved from last season and they are above average... but this is not some dominant world beating team! I believe that them being undefeated has more to do with good fortune than talent.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm just disagreeing with the notion that they are "average at best". I think they are better than that. Do I think they are the best team in the AFC? Nope, think they fall into the 4th or 5th slot. When a team is still undefeated halfway through the season they have to be doing some things right.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:59 pm

So, I have voiced my opinion that this team is not really as good as their record would indicate... I am skeptical since they have not really played a quality opponent as of yet... Well, tonight they are finally playing a quality opponent... looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Lets see if they prove that they belong in the pool of elite level teams or not...

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Got nothing against the Chiefs and Andy Reid...plus thanks to their 9 wins this season the Niners will have an additional 2nd rounder for the Alex Smith trade...so its all good...I hope the do well....Alex was a true professional in SF and he deserves success...grin 

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Living in KC has definitely been a little more fun this season. I think most folks are pretty honest with themselves about the team...lots o' luck has created the current record despite being really solid in several aspects. I have to say that Alex Smith looks so much like Matt Cassel to me. I want to give him more credit than that, and I guess I do, but damn they're so much the same.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm

For me the Broncos game pretty much solidified my belief that the Chiefs are a good, much improved team but they are not elite and I would be surprised if they made a lot of noise in the playoffs.

They didn't play badly against the Broncos but that game showed that while their defense is a good unit, they are NOT the '85 Bears that some have made them out to be! The defense has made a living by forcing takeaways, but most of them came against mediocre and bad teams who were playing backup QBs for christs sake! They had one turnover from the Broncos and that was a flat out drop by Montee Ball, it was hardly a "takeaway"... And the offense is just slightly above average, let's face it, they are not going to be able to get behind and catch up or have much of a chance in a shootout with a team that has a decent defense. Denver's defense is not that good, they can definitely be had, but the Chiefs offense is just not good enough to consistently take advantage of the opportunities. They just don't have enough playmaking ability with their passing game to be a very formidable offense that can score points in a hurry without major help from their defense...

They might be the most improved team in the NFL this year, but the record is artificially inflated over their actual talent level. They are not an elite team...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:59 am

I don't totally disagree Chris, but, they did hold the most prolific, maybe ever, offensive team to their lowest point output of the season.

The Defense is very very good, but, I agree it is not the '85 Bears. That team was just lights out.

The Chiefs could surprise everybody in the Playoffs. A lot will be determined with the next Broncos game. IF and it's a big IF, they get Homefield, that will change things in my mind. Playing at Arrowhead is very hard for opposing teams.

I think it is a very real possibility that it happens. The rest of their season could only see 1 more loss. 2 games vs. SD, 1 vs. DEN, IND, WAS, OAK

I've seen Peyton play in the cold and it isn't always pretty. If the Broncos lose 2 games, they will not win the West. They could easily lose the next 2 weeks. That will give the Chiefs a 2 game cushion and they could lose against one of the others and still have it.

They are 2 games ahead of the NEP already, that is a HUGE game tonight at NE and in the cold.

We'll see, I'm not ready to roll over them yet.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Thats fair Bob, I am not arguing that they are not in a good position, because they are... but that is mostly because of an insanely easy last place schedule, which is the impetus of my skepticism!

Lets see what happens this week against the Chargers... The Chargers offense has been inconsistent but they have the ability to put up a lot of points on the Chiefs. If the Chargers defense plays well (and they held the Broncos to 28 themselves), this game could get away from the Chiefs...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Uh-oh.... a 40-berger and a home loss to the Chargers today! The smoke is starting to clear and the mirrors are starting to crack on the Cheifs overinflated record! I don't see them beating the Broncos and they could very easily get beat by the Colts and the Chargers again, they are not an elite team.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Ugh, starting to agree

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm

It was a mirage!

Hali and Houston's injuries could be crucial.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:55 pm

England Dragons wrote:
It was a mirage!

Hali and Houston's injuries could be crucial.
Yeah, any NFL defense that gets 4 games in a row against mediocre teams who are playing their 2nd of 3rd string QB's are bound to look a hell of a lot better than they actually are! Now that the Chiefs are acually getting a few games against good offenses we are seeing that they aren't quite the shut down defense that some folks were making them out to be!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Well, they started off pretty well against Denver but once Denver started picking up steam they ran out of answers and we saw that there offense can only do so much. And that defense is not as good as once advertised, good offenses can easily score 28+ on these guys... and in the playoffs they will only be facing good offenses...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Any Kansas City fans we need to put on suicide watch?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 pm

What an amazing game! Way to start off the playoffs! And I am glad to see those posers (the Chiefs) bumped out of the playoffs!!! They are so overrated! All smoke and mirrors. They made the playoffs because they played a last place schedule, and of all their wins on the year they only beat one team who finished with a winning record (the Eagles back in week 3)! They didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and it is a good thing that they were promptly ousted!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 pm

I think Bob may have cummed in his pants over that comeback. Alas, the Chefs remain the CHEFS!  eating popcorn 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I think Bob may have cummed in his pants over that comeback. Alas, the Chefs remain the CHEFS!  eating popcorn 

Pants, wall, floor, ceiling, dog, cat (which is REALLY amazing since we don't own either), wife 6 times, floor, ceiling, wall.................................................................

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

Pants, wall, floor, ceiling, dog, cat (which is REALLY amazing since we don't own either), wife 6 times, floor, ceiling, wall.................................................................

ROTFLMAO yet at the same time ... Ewwww!  sick 

On the bright side guess you won't need to paint the walls or ceiling, or stain the floors.

So props for getting creative on getting outta some winter type work.  thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Andy Reed just doing his Andy Reed playoff thing per usual. Phenomenal collapse. No matter how many guys get injured, you can't blow a 28 point lead.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 pm

That defense collapsed because it was all smoke and mirrors anyways... They never were as good as alot of people thought they were... They started off 9-0 against an easy schedule while facing backup QBs in 4 of those games and they were the no. 1 defense statistically... starting in week 10 the remainder of their schedule included good and decent teams and over the last 7 games their defensive ranking fell to somewhere in the mid 20's which was probably still inflated over where it should have been.

Enough said...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:12 am

Not a huge fan, but they are my hometown team. Didn't watch the game, so didn't go through the whole ride of seeing them blow a huge lead, but the loss was expected. It's just so typical at this point that it's impossible to be surprised. Go Chefs!

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Released Donnie Avery and A.J. Jenkins this morning. Any chance Bowe and his 11 million follow?

I love De'Anthony Thomas, would make a great slot receiver. Albert Wilson is on the rise, I like what I saw late in the year, he got wheels. Signed Da'Rick Rogers i dont know . Terrell Pryor maybe gives it a shot out wide, pure random speculation there. Seems to be buzz about going after Cobb. With Kelce, Charles and Knile, wouldn't it just be easier to attack the trenches in FA and draft? The Chiefs seem to be oh so close I couldn't see adding a big name FA WR or rookie wideout that would put them over the top with Alex Smith at the helm. Not a hater on Smith but he is what he is.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:57 pm

They need to get some WR's that can actually catch a football. So yes, send Bowe packing along with all the other worthless bums in KC and start fresh......Just make sure they know what a WR's job is in the NFL thinking thinking

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:26 pm

KC doesnt believe in WRs. I do like D Thomas too.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Go Chefs! chiefs

Seriously...we're kinda fuckin' due a playoff win.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:13 pm

They are looking good today Corey, at least the Defense. wink Although, I never really considered Houston much of a playoff team.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Houston is not a playoff team but KC is just strong enough to win. I like KC, ever since I went to arrowhead I have always rooted for them when they aren't playing GB.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-andy-reids-press-conference-upstaged-by-fake-andy-reid/

lol 2

Just saw this on NFL Network...dude was really good...pretty funny

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 pm

That's really funny!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Quote :
Chiefs fired GM John Dorsey.

It's a stunning, baffling move. Like coach Andy Reid, Dorsey was heading into the final year of his contract. Owner Clark Hunt informed Dorsey he would not be receiving an extension, essentially firing him by way of forcing him out. Dorsey was hired to do Reid's bidding. There had been no indications of friction. Reid's already mammoth power in Kansas City now increases. It's hard to know how much of Reid's credit Dorsey deserved, but on the surface, he did an absolutely fantastic job during his four years with the Chiefs. It is worth noting the Chiefs are in salary cap shambles. Dorsey won't be on the open market for long. A Ted Thompson acolyte, Dorsey has been mentioned as a possible successor for Thompson in Green Bay.

Unreal.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
Chiefs fired GM John Dorsey.

It's a stunning, baffling move. Like coach Andy Reid, Dorsey was heading into the final year of his contract. Owner Clark Hunt informed Dorsey he would not be receiving an extension, essentially firing him by way of forcing him out. Dorsey was hired to do Reid's bidding. There had been no indications of friction. Reid's already mammoth power in Kansas City now increases. It's hard to know how much of Reid's credit Dorsey deserved, but on the surface, he did an absolutely fantastic job during his four years with the Chiefs. It is worth noting the Chiefs are in salary cap shambles. Dorsey won't be on the open market for long. A Ted Thompson acolyte, Dorsey has been mentioned as a possible successor for Thompson in Green Bay.

Unreal.

Really odd, but there was a guy on Reddit earlier today saying this and Reid's extension would both be announced today. And here we are.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

and on that note

(Rotoworld) Chiefs signed coach Andy Reid to a contract extension. Analysis: Reid was entering the final season of his original five-year deal. The terms of the extension have yet to be made public — they often never are with coaches — but it's richly deserved. Reid is 43-21 (.672) as a Chief, making the playoffs 3-of-4 seasons. He has coached around major deficiencies on offense, and been completely reinvigorated on his stale final few years in Philadelphia. Reid turned 59 in March.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am

I am not sure exactly what more Dorsey could have done out there. Anyone hear any gossip about what is really going on out in KC?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
I am not sure exactly what more Dorsey could have done out there.  Anyone hear any gossip about what is really going on out in KC?

Rumors were that he got a couple deals done later than they wanted and that made them spend more money. Also a rumor that he did not get along with Hunt.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Rumors were that he got a couple deals done later than they wanted and that made them spend more money. Also a rumor that he did not get along with Hunt.

This is what I heard as well, on Sirius NFL...

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:54 am

He is also atleast partially responsible for KC being in such a terrible cap situation.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That was floating around the internet last week. Marcus Peters is still on the team, and is not likely to go anywhere else anytime soon .

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:41 pm

I was gonna say... definitely does not sound like something a CEO would put out. Especially with that formatting. It hurt my eyes to read!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I wish it were real.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 am

HUGE game against the Chargers for us Saturday! Chiefs D looked like an entirely different team against the Raiders even missing our best corner.

Is it the Revised effect? Is it the Eric Berry locker room pep talk?

KC has been a roller coaster this year. Will the real KC please stand up!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:24 am

Kansas City Kings wrote:
HUGE game against the Chargers for us Saturday!  Chiefs D looked like an entirely different team against the Raiders even missing our best corner.  

Is it the Revised effect?  Is it the Eric Berry locker room pep talk?

KC has been a roller coaster this year.  Will the real KC please stand up!

They can continue sitting down. The Chargers have this division!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:
HUGE game against the Chargers for us Saturday!  Chiefs D looked like an entirely different team against the Raiders even missing our best corner.  

Is it the Revised effect?  Is it the Eric Berry locker room pep talk?

KC has been a roller coaster this year.  Will the real KC please stand up!

They can continue sitting down. The Chargers have this division!

Remember what you're Bolts did when they had us at home!?

LETS GO!! metal metal metal

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs   

Back to top Go down

Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: