Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:34 pm

From NFL.com Three and out.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/06/three-and-out-pats-have-wr-decisions-to-make/

Quote :
NFL.com Staff
Three and out: Pats have WR decisions to make

Branch wants to remain a Patriot: After their Super Bowl defeat with the spotlight shining on key drops by receivers, the Patriots will have to think about the pass-catcher position in the offseason. Deion Branch, who will be a free agent in March, says he wants to play next season and finish his career in New England. Then there is the issue of what happens with the supremely disappointing Chad Ochocinco, although it seems likely that he’ll be peddling his wares away from Foxborough next season. The easiest piece of the puzzle will be keeping Wes Welker, whether it’s through a long-term deal or via the franchise tag. Welker will remain a No. 1 fantasy WR in 2012, while Branch could rank as a low-end No. 2 or more likely flex player. And Ochocinco? Until he once again becomes a viable weapon, you won’t have to worry about him.

And don't forget the lovefest between Brandon Lloyd and Josh McDaniel......
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Pats just tagged Welker at the 11th hour. Think everyone saw that coming.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:26 pm

WOW....I"M SHOCKED!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
WOW....I"M SHOCKED!!!!!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Patriots making a couple Patriot-like signings.

Anthony Hernandez and Trevor Scott, both low-risk/high-reward guys at positions of need at cap-friendly deals.

I still hope they bring in another WR, Lloyd or otherwise.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Aaaand Brandon Lloyd signed. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Anthony Hernandez and Trevor Scott, both low-risk/high-reward guys at positions of need at cap-friendly deals.

A Gonzalez?
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

A Gonzalez?

LOL yeah that's what I meant.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 am

Brady helps the team free up a bunch of cap space.

Quote :
Brady restructured his contract, the Boston Herald reported Thursday, citing NFL Players Association documents.
By redoing his deal on March 16, Brady freed up roughly $7.2 million in cap space to assist the team in free agency.
Since Brady's restructure, the Patriots have been busy in free agency, signing Brandon Lloyd, Donte Stallworth, Dan Connolly, Daniel Fells, Trevor Scott, Marquice Cole, Anthony Gonzalez, Will Allen, and Robert Gallery.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 am

Cap space for what I wonder...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Deion Branch contract update

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Deion Branch's one-year deal with the team has a $925,000 base salary, $250,000 signing bonus, $150,000 workout bonus, plus $250,000 in incentives.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Deion Branch contract update

Quote :
New England Patriots WR Deion Branch's one-year deal with the team has a $925,000 base salary, $250,000 signing bonus, $150,000 workout bonus, plus $250,000 in incentives.

Doesn't surprise me, Welker, Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez, Gonzalez, Branch and I really believe they grab Sanu if he is available. Going to be an interesting Fantasy year with the Pats. Who do you take???? Beginning to really question the high picks and prices for Gronkowski now.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm trying to move Lloyd in one league I own him...don't think he's going to be a huge fantasy star.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:15 am

KFFL) The New England Patriots met with free-agent RBs Ryan Grant (Packers) and Tim Hightower (Redskins) Friday, April 20.

nothing like having 20 crappy running backs in your backfield

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:17 am

Also brought in Joseph Addai.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 am

Yet some people keep telling themselves Vereen will be featured....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:07 am

Yeah this is even worse than the CAR/SF backfield.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 am

Cant wait until they trade for Steven Jackson!!!!!!!! He'd be a absolute monster if he went to NE...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:06 am

Omega City Legends wrote:
Cant wait until they trade for Steven Jackson!!!!!!!! He'd be a absolute monster if he went to NE...

I keep hearing that rumor and I just don't see it happening. Rookie picks are way too valuable now and I think it would hurt them in the long term.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Y not? With sjax in that backfield they could put a couple of titles in the books. That's what they both want

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Sjax to the Pats would make me sick...Just like Dillon did. sick

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:25 pm

SJax isn't taking a pay cut so he's not coming to NE.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

He will if he ever wants to sniff a title. I love guys like this who just play the game so hard. You have to like seeing guyys like this get that elusive title. Would have loved to see LT get one even though I dislike the Jets.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I would also like to seem him go to NE and have a chance to get a title but I just don't see it working out that way.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

He will if he ever wants to sniff a title. I love guys like this who just play the game so hard. You have to like seeing guyys like this get that elusive title. Would have loved to see LT get one even though I dislike the Jets.

Given how long he's stayed in STL without so much as a peep about being on one of the worst teams in the league over that time, I'm not sure winning a title anywhere, no matter what, is at the top of his to-do list. I have tons of respect for SJax and think it's sad that his career happened with the Rams, but he seems very content where is he and with how much he's making.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Given how long he's stayed in STL without so much as a peep about being on one of the worst teams in the league over that time, I'm not sure winning a title anywhere, no matter what, is at the top of his to-do list. I have tons of respect for SJax and think it's sad that his career happened with the Rams, but he seems very content where is he and with how much he's making.

good post Like I said I don't see it ever happening.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 pm

but if they decide to trade him he doesnt have a choice........

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

2 picks in round 2 then see ya again in 2013. Times they are a changing...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
2 picks in round 2 then see ya again in 2013. Times they are a changing...
No doubt. I was surprised when they moved up the first time...and then they moved up again!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 am

This is why I never spend much time trying to predict what Belichick will do. After 5-7 years of completely ignoring pass rusher in high in the draft and trading BACK over and over, he trades UP twice to draft a DE and a MLB/OLB prospect. I love both picks and am happy that they only spent a 3rd and 4th to move up. This front 7 just got much improved, and they have two guys that can rush the passer. Neither will be a 15-20 sack guy, particularly Hightower who will not be a full-time pass rusher, but they've added two solid, all around good players to the front 7.

Very happy. Don't even care if they trade back 97 times with their 2nd round picks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:28 am

The trade ups were out of character to be sure but I can see why they did it. Brady isn't getting any younger and we all see how long it can take to find a franchise QB (The Colts aside.)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: DE Chandler Jones (Syracuse), ILB Dont'a Hightower (Alabama)

Round 2: FS Tavon Wilson (Illinois)

Round 3: OLB Jake Bequette (Arkansas)

Round 4: None

Round 5: None

Round 6: S Nate Ebner (Ohio State)

Round 7: CB Alfonzo Dennard (Nebraska), WR Jeremy Ebert (Northwestern)

Grade: A

Summary:

The lack of picks on Day Three may hurt the New England Patriots' overall depth, but it's hard to argue with their all-out approach to improving their defense in the early rounds of the 2012 class.

Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower and Jake Bequette could start as rookies. All three are big, tough football players who will pack a punch in the 3-4 defense.

The lone head-scratcher is Tavon Wilson at safety. He was a cornerback at Illinois that wasn't ranked in my Top 300 players. Alfonzo Dennard fell due to poor speed and poor off-field decisions, but he could be a sleeper in Round 7.

Well the biggest need was defense and they certainly addressed that. My jaw almost hit the floor when I heard they moved up. Then it did when I heard they moved up again. I think they realize that Brady only has so many years left and they see how damn hard it is to find a good franchise QB.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't really think Brady's age is a legitimate factor. I think this shift in philosophy, if there was one, was due to the more reasonable salaries these rookies are getting now. This is, of course, in addition to the Patriots really liking these players.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 pm

I wonder if they are going 4-3 again - I like the players a lot more if that's the plan

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I wonder if they are going 4-3 again - I like the players a lot more if that's the plan

they ran like 60% of their snaps in subpackages last year. whichever "base" defense they officially run isn't all that relevant. Hightower sounds like a flexible moving piece and I'm guessing that is a part of why they want him.

If they roll out in a 4-3 defense with Hightower/Spikes/Mayo in some order, that's a pretty slow LB core.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 am

Strange.

Quote :
Veteran wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, whose career was revived in 2006 when he signed with the New England Patriots, is returning to the team, he told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Gaffney, a longtime favorite of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, was released by the Washington Redskins on Tuesday. He joins a crowded receiver spot in New England, where Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Donte' Stallworth and Chad Ochocinco headline the depth chart.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 am

It's going to be an awkward training camp for the 11 WR's all trying to take food from each other's mouth.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Fun times. Another mess of a back field

Quote :
Free-agent running back Joseph Addai will sign with the New England Patriots, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network.

The former Indianapolis Colt was part of the 2006 Super Bowl-winning team that beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game that season.

Addai has spent his six-year career with the Colts. In 2011, he gained 433 yards on 118 carries.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Sat May 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Matt Light retires

Quote :
The New England Patriots will hold a press conference next week to officially announce the retirement of offensive tackle Matt Light.

Patriots will hold a press conference Monday @TheHall to officially announce Matt Light’s retirement

— New England Patriots (@Patriots) May 4, 2012

The 33-year-old won three Super Bowls as a member of the New England Patriots offensive line. During his career he was named to four Pro Bowls, and was selected as an All-Pro in 2007.

Light was named to the New England Patriots All-2000’s team as well as the Patriots’ 50th Anniversary Team.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 am

Guy is a beast. I'm sure they'll resign him.

Quote :
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport agrees that free agent DE Andre Carter is likely to eventually re-sign with the Patriots. Analysis: Rapoport's speculation is especially informed because he's a former Boston Herald reporter. "I base this on common sense and what I know both sides want to happen," wrote Rapoport. For a player coming off double-digit sacks, Carter should be available for cheap because he's aging and returning from injury.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Quote :
Carter should be available for cheap

THat is why the pats want to resign him... coffee

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Chandler Jones will make these guys forget about Carter really fast.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

What is the chances that they both start?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 am

Utah Spazz wrote:

Maybe in 2013.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 am

Quote :
The Boston Herald believes Stevan Ridley "makes sense" as the Patriots' feature back between the tackles this season.

The Herald suggests coach Bill Belichick "clearly believed" Ridley can be that guy based on the fact that the Patriots let BenJarvus Green-Ellis walk in free agency. Beat writer Jeff Howe calls Ridley "the primary runner," and 2011 second-round pick Shane Vereen "as the main guy in passing situations." While we don't anticipate consistent week-to-week production from the Patriots' 2012 backfield, Ridley does have a chance for high-upside RB3 value.

NE RB situation is ugly but by years end you have to think either Ridley or Vereen come out as a decent RB play

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Quote :
(TheHuddle) New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez could be ready to have a huge 2012 campaign. With opposing defenses focusing on fellow TE Rob Gronkowski, WR Wes Welker underneath and WR Brandon Lloyd on the outside, Hernandez has a chance to catch 100 passes and double-digit touchdowns. He did record 79 receptions last year despite missing some time due to injury.

Analysis: Yes, Hernandez caught 79 passes despite missing two and a half games. He also added five carries out of the backfield. Hernandez has been going off the board in the sixth round, a full four rounds later than Gronkowski.

The TE situation is beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 pm

New England really loves their TE's...

Quote :
The New England Patriots signed free-agent TE Visanthe Shiancoe (Vikings) to an undisclosed one-year deal Tuesday, July 24. Analysis: Shiancoe will be a reserve player, provided he even makes the 53-man roster. That might be hard because he doesn't play special teams at his age.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 am

Lets get some Tight End by Committee going. Woohoo!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New England Patriots   

Back to top Go down

New England Patriots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: