Share | 

New York Giants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
You don't have Grandma's in England?   We just keep learning more and more about the differences over there :)

ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:17 pm

That article was a ZERO. Nobody learned shit and there was no reason for it to be written or shared. A fuckin ZERO.

Elsewhere in news, the sky is widely thought to be blue but occasionally turns black.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:16 pm

I can't tell if you completely object to the article solely on the quality of the reporting, or if you object because as a David Wilson owner you don't like what the article says...

The bottom line is despite what many fantasy pundits say, the Giants have yet to name David Wilson as the unquestioned feature back because he hasn't earned it yet and there have been other stories indicating the Giants plan to give Brown a share of the carries. To what extent the carries are split remains to be seen... but it isn't a stretch to see the Giants going with whoever has the hot hand. Of course that doesn't validate the article, but I don't think it can be completely dismissed either.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 am

Ignore the player involved..doesn't matter. The writer (if he can be called that) knows NOTHING. This article is not the conclusion to any fuckin investigating or any conversation he had or anything at all. He woke up, had some cheerios, realized he was a hack who had nothing to say so he said something that cannot be proven or disproven really in any way and I assume gets paid for it. Its a ZERO. He is a hack. If you got nothing, then print nothing. If it's already been said 50 times by others, then there is no value to you printing it again months later as if it's newsworthy.

In a world with Twitter and every other social media thing buzzing away and information being funneled faster than ever across the world, I just don't get why this ZERO would be posted as if it matters whatsoever.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:50 am

Quote :
ESPN New York considers David Wilson the Giants' starting running back, but believes he could share carries with Andre Brown, with the "hot hand getting the majority of the carries in any given game." Analysis: Beat writer Ohm Youngmisuk also expects Brown to keep his grip on goal-line duties. Wilson hasn't made a whole heck of a lot of noise in camp thus far, but it doesn't mean anything. We're going to keep a close eye on the Giants' touch delineation in the preseason.

Oh good.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 am

Andre Brown is going to steal more than a few carries here and there... it could be alot closer to a RBBC split than alot of people seemed to think it would be.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Quote :
(FFToday)The Giants handed out their first unofficial depth chart today without too many surprises. David Wilson and Andre Brown were both listed as starters while Wilson was tabbed as the team's top kickoff return option.
Analysis: It might be time to slow down Wilson's hype train. The Giants have been a committee attack for some time and Brown is a strong bet for goal-line work, reducing Wilson to a back that will be dependent on the big play to make his mark in fantasy. Additionally, lead backs typically do not see much - if any - work as a returner on special teams.

Looks like RBBC at least out of the gate...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:03 am

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:34 pm

I love ATHF! Carl is right, Peyton does rhyme with Satan, and that can't be a coincedence! Also, he's right the Chiefs are all smoke and mirrors, damn midwest coast bias! Classic!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:33 am

Giant suck... That is all.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:12 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
That is demeaning the word "suck". I think it would be offended.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
At this point I hope they go 0-16 rather than 7-9. shrug

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Quote :
FOX Sports reports Giants RG Chris Snee (hip) is "likely" headed to season-ending injured reserve Friday. Analysis: Mike Garafolo reports Snee will likely need surgery on his ailing hip after it has failed to respond to rehab. It would be a big loss for the Giants, though Snee has been a major liability this season. James Brewer will continue to fill in at right guard. Snee, 31, is in the final year of his deal.
Balls.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
At this point I hope they go 0-16 rather than 7-9.  shrug
They'll go 8-8, miss the playoffs and get like the #19 pick.

Suckage to continue next year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Fri May 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Weston Richburg added to the squad. Yay Center.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Quote :
New York Giants QB Eli Manning has struggled to pick up the team's new West Coast offense in four preseason games and the regular season opener, but offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo continues to believe that Manning is the right guy for the job. "He is the perfect fit for this offense," McAdoo said. "He is very smart. I thought that if there was anything encouraging about what happened in the game (the 35-14 loss to the Detroit Lions), it was the comfort level with his feet and the progress that he is making fundamentally." McAdoo said that progress is coming, but "we aren't going to apologize" if it takes weeks or longer. McAdoo also said that he wants to get the ball to WRs Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle more often.

I was going to post this in the Eli thread but I figured it was a good time to talk about the Giants in general.

My prediction is that the Giants only win two or three games this year. Old TC is forced into retirement and a new guard moves in. Eli is benched in favor of Mariota or Winston when they draft one of them.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Quote :
Giants fired DC Perry Fewell. Analysis: Fewell, 52, worked under coach Tom Coughlin for 10 seasons, spending five in Jacksonville from 1998-2002 and the last five as the Giants' defensive boss. Fewell's Giants units were top-10 in yards allowed in 2010 and 2013, but were bottom-five the other three seasons. The G-Men were particularly bad against the run this past season, finishing 30th and surrendering a league-worst 4.9 YPC.

Supposedly interviewing Mike Smith as a replacement.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Giants fired DC Perry Fewell. Analysis: Fewell, 52, worked under coach Tom Coughlin for 10 seasons, spending five in Jacksonville from 1998-2002 and the last five as the Giants' defensive boss. Fewell's Giants units were top-10 in yards allowed in 2010 and 2013, but were bottom-five the other three seasons. The G-Men were particularly bad against the run this past season, finishing 30th and surrendering a league-worst 4.9 YPC.

Supposedly interviewing Mike Smith as a replacement.

IF they can do better on D next year, they may be a sneaky team. They started looking pretty decent about week 12. There may be some hope here...................

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:33 am

Don't set Justin's expectations too high.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:39 am

Giants still need some help on the defensive side of the ball. I think their biggest need is LB, just like the Packers. Once they get that this team could be really good

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Giants still need some help on the defensive side of the ball.  I think their biggest need is LB, just like the Packers.  Once they get that this team could be really good

That's only been the case for like 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 am

mock Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Giants still need some help on the defensive side of the ball.  I think their biggest need is LB, just like the Packers.  Once they get that this team could be really good

They been searching for LB's long than L.T. searched for his crack pipe. laughing

By the time they find 2 or 3 good ones, Manning will be getting his bust in Canton.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

They been searching for LB's long than L.T. searched for his crack pipe. laughing

By the time they find  2 or 3 good ones, Manning will be getting his bust in Canton.

Have they even been searching? Had me fooled.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:52 am

I feel like the add a RB regardless of the crew they have now but do you think the suggestion A Williams could be the #1RB is true?

ESPN Giants reporter Dan Graziano expects Andre Williams to earn a greater share of the carries in 2015.
With Rashad Jennings missing five games to injury, Williams led the Giants backfield with 217 carries. He averaged just 3.3 YPC, but was featured as the goal-line back. Williams has a chance to open 2015 in a starting role over Jennings if he continues to develop. He could push for 7-10 touchdowns in OC Ben McAdoo's Power Run scheme.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:57 am

I do too. Rashad Jennings had a good year for them and I don't really think Williams is the answer going forward. I think Jennings will still be the starter, but I think they may try to add a RB in either the 2nd-4th round

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:14 am

Yeah I agree, Williams is not the answer. Jennings will start the season as the lead dog. They do have Ogbonnaya (utility) and Darkwa whom could end up moving up the depth chart. I think their plan for the draft should be to use those picks for OL, or DB instead of going after a RB. Although if they did go RB in the 2nd - 4th it could possibly be their starter for 2016 with the depth at the position this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Quote :
Tom Coughlin will sign a one-year extension with the Giants, keeping him under contract through 2016. Analysis: The Giants have a long-standing policy of not letting their head coach go into a season as a "lame duck." So Coughlin will get another year tacked on to his deal, the exact same move the organization executed with him last year. Regardless, Coughlin needs to get the Giants back to the playoffs for the first time since 2011 if he wants any kind of real job security.

No surprise here.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Ereck Flowers huh? I can dig it.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 pm

As a big UM fan I am shocked that he went this early. Hope he works out for the Gmen.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Josina Anderson wrote:
Giants CEO John Mara said he still has confidence in GM Jerry Reese.
At the same time, Mara also criticized Reese's recent drafts and said the organization will discuss changes to the personnel department. Reese is safe for now, but a couple more poor drafts could cause even the continuity-obsessed Giants to make a change. Reese will assist Mara with New York's coaching search.

Ian Rapaport wrote:
FL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants have requested permission to interview Bears OC Adam Gase for their head-coaching vacancy.
The Giants join the Eagles, Browns and Dolphins in pursuit of perhaps this year's hottest coaching candidate. Gase oversaw some of the best offenses in league history in Denver before reviving Jay Cutler for the Bears. He's more than earned a chance to lead a team.

I like Gase with the Giants...Think he could put together a winner, in a now soft division.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:36 pm

That's good for Eli, hurry up and sign him. With Gase and "Macaroni" he should sling the ball all over the place.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 am

Anybody catch Ben McAdoo's post game press conference?  It's not often you hear a coach call out their veteran QB.  Hmmm........ Shocked

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 am

The Jets have scored 111 points in their last 7 games, the Giants... 92...

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Anybody catch Ben McAdoo's post game press conference?  It's not often you hear a coach call out their veteran QB.  Hmmm........ Shocked

McAdoo should take a look at himself here. He made cowardly play calls at the end of the half and on 3rd and very longs. He also failed to give Ereck Flowers any help and left him on an island to get destroyed by Ziggy Stardust.

To be fair, Eli is garbage.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

McAdoo should take a look at himself here. He made cowardly play calls at the end of the half and on 3rd and very longs. He also failed to give Ereck Flowers any help and left him on an island to get destroyed by Ziggy Stardust.

Eli might be playing like garbage, and his offensive line (or lack thereof) is definitely in his head at this point, but I will continue to defend him/make excuses for him, because he is not this team's problem right now. The inability to acknowledge that Flowers cannot play LT, a complete and total lack of running game, and stupidity/bad plays by his receivers tonight made him look worse than he was. That drop by Marshall on a perfectly thrown pass down the sideline is inexcusable and how Vereen does not get to the sticks on a 4th down play but comes up 1/2 yard short is just dumb for a veteran like that. Eli will take the criticism from McAdoo (and even said himself he can't take the delay of game penalty there) and you won't hear about it again because that is the kind of guy he is. I was actually happy when the delay of game got called because I thought they should have kicked the field goal there anyway.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Eli might be playing like garbage, and his offensive line (or lack thereof) is definitely in his head at this point, but I will continue to defend him/make excuses for him, because he is not this team's problem right now.  The inability to acknowledge that Flowers cannot play LT, a complete and total lack of running game, and stupidity/bad plays by his receivers tonight made him look worse than he was.  That drop by Marshall on a perfectly thrown pass down the sideline is inexcusable and how Vereen does not get to the sticks on a 4th down play but comes up 1/2 yard short is just dumb for a veteran like that.  Eli will take the criticism from McAdoo (and even said himself he can't take the delay of game penalty there) and you won't hear about it again because that is the kind of guy he is.  I was actually happy when the delay of game got called because I thought they should have kicked the field goal there anyway.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Forgot about that almost decision to go for it on 4th down. That was a bad call too. McAdoo is supposed to be an offensive guy and that's the side of the ball that is dragging down the team. Surely his days are numbered.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

That's what I don't get.  You were down by 10, you have to kick the field goal and make it a 1 score game.  The crowd was going crazy to go for it on 4th down and I think he got influenced by that.  A head coach should not let the crowd decide what to do.  A crowd always wants to go for it on 4th down.  

I agree with you Bill, there are a lot more issues with this team than the QB.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York Giants   

Back to top Go down

New York Giants
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: